• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I can't farm , get killed everytime

96 posts in this topic

Posted

Decent as in +15. I'd love to see you kill people with that gear.

I'm an extremely casual player. I play an hour per day, not even every day, and usually I grind half an hour. So I played the game about 20 days. But my gear is tet and tri, well on character 56, but I mean, it is not hard to get a good gear.

Posted

I've been pk'd maybe 3 or 4 times in this game, maximum. And yes, I farm at highly contested spots (Sausans and Pirates).

And pls, nobody with tri and awakening would be at manes. That's for level 50s with 80 ap.

100% Troll thread.

Troll? Maybe maybe not.

I know that at Sausans there are plenty of overgeared folks there grinding for cash, so it's possible that some do Manes also. I do agree with your general premise though- I've been PK'd maybe 4 times total.

Posted

So in fact there is no difference, as if you have better gear you will beat the players too :)

Not really. Having decent gear as in full TRI + some boss gear or 260-265 DP actually makes a big difference v.s trash mobs in PvE.

But having decent gear wont save you in PvP. If you get jumped from behind and knocked down by another geared players, you will likely die before the cc duration is over. Even more so now with awakening burst being close to a oneshot fest.

There's just way to gear up enough defence in this game, due to DP diminishing return, that allows you to tank awakening dmg by high AP players.

Posted

Woo !  ...I called it, it was bullshit and all you had to know to prove it was that the OP picked 2 creature Zones that were too big for 2 ppl to fight over

Posted

Heard theres gonna be a merge... wonder how the grinding areas gonna fair off when all servers merge? 

Where did you hear that?  Servers are over populated as it is and the lag would be a killer for a lot of people. Why the hell would they merge the servers when there is more players now than when the game launched?  Geez!

Posted

I've been pk'd maybe 3 or 4 times in this game, maximum. And yes, I farm at highly contested spots (Sausans and Pirates).

And pls, nobody with tri and awakening would be at manes. That's for level 50s with 80 ap.

100% Troll thread.

In his defense, i know some people that helped me level that had awakening at manes :P

Posted

You need to run if can't fight back, look for a better place or ask for help. There is nothing you can do this game is not for pure blood PvE Player. I just craft and grind mats all day advoiding farm spots. Its my way to avoid getting killed from other players :P 

Posted (edited)

The current mechanics of this of this game do not even allow players to push you out of a spot. If someone goes full A-hole on you it typically results in them going red. However, if people are nice and have a reason such as a guild quest, there are many channels and many spots to grind that are less populated.

The only places you currently even have to worry about this are sausan's, ogres and pirates.

Edited by Antalicus

Posted

Maybe just switch channels.  I farmed suace main for a few hours solo the other day. 4-5 hours forgans no one around. Today couple hrs pirate main no one and I'm on eden

Posted (edited)

Not really. Having decent gear as in full TRI + some boss gear or 260-265 DP actually makes a big difference v.s trash mobs in PvE.

But having decent gear wont save you in PvP. If you get jumped from behind and knocked down by another geared players, you will likely die before the cc duration is over. Even more so now with awakening burst being close to a oneshot fest.

There's just way to gear up enough defence in this game, due to DP diminishing return, that allows you to tank awakening dmg by high AP players.

Not really. In fact the boss gear makes greater difference in PvE than in PvP :) And full tri is more than 265.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted (edited)

Even as a PvE'er, what's the difference between getting killed by a player or getting killed because you accidentally got surrounded by a bunch of "violent" mobs or tagged one of the roaming "huge mutant" creatures while facerolling through easy monsters?

You must be either blind, afk or trying really hard to get killed in PvE. I have been running as low as lvl 10 through just about everything up to Centaurs in Valencia and I never got killed single time. Environmental awareness and some dodging make wonders.

Edited by Kat

Posted

You must be either blind, afk or trying really hard to get killed in PvE. I have been running as low as lvl 10 through just about everything up to Centaurs in Valencia and I never got killed single time. Environmental awareness and some dodging make wonders.

So the PvE is actually extremely easy  and boring in this game, but in general there is no difference.

Posted

For those who say they'd never see an Awakened Warrior at Manes, what about that Awakened Warrior who is doing a guild quest to help out their guild? They'd be at manes, and what if that guild happens to be a huge PvP guild, or just full of jerks who KOS any other player? Is it the norm, of course not, but it does happen. So to go and generalize that you can't believe that an awakened warrior would be at manes is rather silly. Now, would an awakened warrior be farming manes for cash? I hope not, but again, it can happen.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't believe for a second that you get killed every time you enter Manes, Elrics or Wandering Rogues, on every spot, channel and time of day. Even on Jordine, which is the most populated server by far, Sausans is pretty empty before midday (you should easily be able to find a spot on the far left side, lower right or beach), and the aforementioned areas are almost always completely empty, save for the few people who are doing a guild quest or hunter seals daily, and those people don't intend on staying very long and usually don't PK. Last 3 times I went into Hashrah dungeon there was also nobody there at all, and there are at least 4 viable grinding rotations for people with low gear there. You should look into some more options for places to grind.

The big mistake that most people make is to assume that they need to be at sausans or pirates for the most efficient progression/time equation, but if you do not have the gear or skill to contest and PvP in those areas then they are not efficient at all and you will have way better results at lower tier grind locations.

Also, resorting to karma bombing is the lowest thing you can do and is frowned upon by everyone except other karma griefers. It is simply exploiting a broken PvP system to get something you want but do not deserve. BDO is an open world pvp PK game and everyone else complies to some basic honorable rules of leaving a grind spot when someone else beats you there. If that happens, just find another spot or channel, if someone is there try to fight them if you feel confident you can take them, and if you beat them you would want them to leave as well.

Edited by Kazx
1 person likes this

Posted

I am keeping myself to gahaz bandits, dont give a crap about low "profit", I still get nice xp for my hour or so grind and occasional drop. You all can keep your sausans, pirates, crescents, manes and whanot.

4 people like this

Posted

I am keeping myself to gahaz bandits, dont give a crap about low "profit", I still get nice xp for my hour or so grind and occasional drop. You all can keep your sausans, pirates, crescents, manes and whanot.

Shhh don't tell people about my new favourite grinding spot :D

It's really great, almost no one comes there, profit and exp is really not bad, decent density especially the big packs around the node manager, pila phe scrolls are awesome, no inconvenient desert mechanics, town with repair storage and everything is right next to it, you can even fish there with abundant resources (for now...). It's only going to get better when we get the overhaul that korea recently got in that area. Trying to get all S ranks and node level 8+ before we get that patch.

Posted (edited)

Shhh don't tell people about my new favourite grinding spot :D

Hidden Content

NO!! Its awful!

Keep away >:( (mymymy node manager)

:(

Edited by Kat

Posted (edited)

I'm a PVE boy .   Seems we can't disable PVP in this game.

I get killed everytime by other players with much better gear.   But , to have better gear , i must have more money , so i must farm but i can't.   Try to farm Sausans : impossible.  Same with Elrics , Manes, etc..

Always people with Awakening and TRI weapon/armor.   Running is impossible too , they have too many dashs and CC and they OS me. How can i play against that ? Tell me some advices , please.

The solution would be ppl stop being -----es - wont happen im sorry. I feel for you.

Since ppl are telling you, you will be fine w/ 450+GS - its a lie. At Ogre/Cresent top guild members still kill you over and over again cause they are depressed irl i guess. You tell them you are here since a few hours, they tell you to switch channel. -----ing no-lifers xD anyway gl, hf.

Edited by wiwiRené

Posted

Off topic a little: what exactly is karmabombing? 

/Newbieplayer.

Posted

karmabombing is basicly enter sausans main spot keep trying to kill sausans and letting the myspot folk kill you repeat about 10 times and will take them ages to be able to enter any towns.

Posted

100% Troll thread.

Tri and Tet gear here (Witch and Kuno so no awakening yet) and I regularly go to Manes/Helms to help guildies as do many other higher leveled and well geared players in our guild. If main spots are taken, we hop channels same as Helms/Sausans or Pirates or return later.

Many people play how they like to play, not how others dictate they should play. Well geared and higher levels cycling around Sausan's/Pirates where there is absolutely no challenge but they get more xp/silver isn't that different from a high lev/well geared player at Manes/Helms. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Tri and Tet gear here (Witch and Kuno so no awakening yet) and I regularly go to Manes/Helms to help guildies as do many other higher leveled and well geared players in our guild. If main spots are taken, we hop channels same as Helms/Sausans or Pirates or return later.

Many people play how they like to play, not how others dictate they should play. Well geared and higher levels cycling around Sausan's/Pirates where there is absolutely no challenge but they get more xp/silver isn't that different from a high lev/well geared player at Manes/Helms. 

Now try to play the game alone, solo, singleplayer, as the OP ;)

Posted

I hate to recommend this, but to people that kill you just because they claim it's "My spot", karma bomb them.

It's pricks like you that abuse the Karma system that caused me to use Zerks to grab onto people at let the mobs kill them. Try Karma bombing me that way, b*tch.

1 person likes this

Posted

i thought u pvp

Posted

Off topic a little: what exactly is karmabombing? 

/Newbieplayer.

Karma-bombing does not exist.

Its the Player that needs to activate PK, after all.

1 person likes this