• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How much does Harassment, or even being killed/attacked unexpectedly actually happen?

How much does Harassment, or even being killed/attacked unexpectedly actually happen?   365 votes

1. 1. How much does Harassment, or even being killed/attacked unexpectedly actually happen?

• I get attacked less than once a week.
    • I get attacked 1 to 4 times a week.
    • I get attacked almost every day.
    • I get attacked more than once every day.
  2. 2. How often does this happen when you are grinding?

• Almost all the time
    • Sometimes
    • Hardly ever.
    • Never.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

265 posts in this topic

Posted

For research purposes, and trying to prove whether or not this is a problem.

Posted

Usually never ,  because im the guy who attacks people.

5 people like this

Posted

getting attacked isent exactly the current issue , the main issue is people deciding to karma grief rather than relocate.

6 people like this

Posted

Personally I was far behind in the start and found it fun and challenging fighting over spots - I don't understand why people get so butthurt from being pushed out of spots. 

2 people like this

Posted

im usually a nice person so people accept me into parties however there are times I'll get killed for no reason by shit code or some ----- ass guild that thinks they're hot shit. They're irritating.

2 people like this

Posted

im usually a nice person so people accept me into parties however there are times I'll get killed for no reason by shit code or some ----- ass guild that thinks they're hot shit. They're irritating.

as annoying as it is when somebody who's strong enough to put up a fight comes into your rotation and flags up fighting you for the spot , that is infinitely better than the asses that refuse to flag up and only ks your rotation untill you kill them or leave. then they just come back.

4 people like this

Posted

No one attack a Zerk :3 

well, mostly i'am grinding sausan, there are only griefer there who wait to be flagged for karma bomb. So i just out dps them and they mostly leave.

Posted

thank you so much for all these answers and opinions :^> Im trying to currently debate the current pvp system and griefing in game, and how it affects overall gameplay.

This is mostly just a casual debate with friends, but it's always nice to have statistics and opinions from forumgoers!

1 person likes this

Posted

I rarely get pk'd anymore, people at saus usually invite me to the party rather than kill 

probably because i am kawaii af they can't bring themselves to pk

3 people like this

Posted

Depends on player behaviour in game. If you go to sausans, pirates solo and try to hijack main spot all the time regardless of players grinding there you will get your ass kicked all the time. If you dont do this you will almost never be attacked.

Posted

I only ever get attacked or attack people while grinding, and it's always to secure the grind spot. I never get attacked for no reason at all. I've only had one guy flag on me in the last 2 weeks, I beat his ass and he whispered me "gg wp ill find another spot, btw whats ur ap/dp" etc and we talked some more afterwards about how much we hate karma griefers :D But being a sorc and having a golden RBF icon above your head also scares people off I think... I notice that when I wear a ghillie and hide the costume so that I look like a sorc in default gear people are much more prone to flag up :P

Posted

I killed 4 people at sheep yesterday because, well. "My Kebabs".

2 people like this

Posted

I killed 4 people at sheep yesterday because, well. "My Kebabs".

i think this counts as "defending your spot"

1 person likes this

Posted

getting attacked isent exactly the current issue , the main issue is people deciding to karma grief rather than relocate.

This right here.  Its been said a thousand times, devs dont care apparently.  I really wish you had a gradually increasing respawn timer from pvp deaths. Say someone comes into my spot ive been grinding for hours, they refuse to leave. I flag, kill them, they respawn and decide to run at me to nuke my karma, as the griefers do, rinse and repeat. Wouldn't it be nice if after the second death they had a 2min respawn timer, or are forced to respawn in a town, more deaths during a debuff window or something similar to the desert pvp debuff is applied for a certain time, increasing upon each death. I believe this would allow the karma system to still make a bit of sense while stopping the retards who will throw their body at you 100 times on purpose. 

PvP game with limited resources(grind spots) to push players to interact/pvp/etc. If contending a spot is irritating then I think you may be playing the wrong game, or at least the wrong part of this game. Lifeskills may suit you better.

1 person likes this

Posted

As a red player, I get attacked every so often, but never when grinding. People leave me be when I'm grinding, usually I get attacked when I'm repairing at a blacksmith, grabbing potions from a vendor or just riding my horse from point A to point B, but never when grinding. This is probably just due to the assumption that people go, "Oh that guy's red he probably murdered the person grinding here before him, nope ----- that." But even before I went red people rarely attacked me whilst grinding unless it was in a GvG or I trolled them in chat first. 

Posted

ive been PKd and bullied out of locations I was at FISRT on multiple occasions. I don't have a high gear score so its very frustrating and forces me to switch channels frequently.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly if you think that pvp is a problem in this game, you probably shouldn't be playing. This game is about pvp especially on the guild level. It takes a more realistic turn of events of,  "this is my grind area so get the ----- out" instead of letting them constantly take your farm.  

Now if people are attacking you repeatedly, aka same people. Then you prolly pissed off the wrong people, need to change channels and better your attitude or else I'm killing your whole guild again....wait

Posted

Is it normal? depends. You'll often be attacked for either :

1. Entering someones rotation

For example . Ogres are prized hunt . Just stepping in someones rotation will get you attacked.

2.Entering someones grind

Same reason as the ogre example lol Especially at susan or pirates.

3 Trolls

Common

4. Enemies

I try not to make any ,but lets face it. You can make a enemy because someone is bored.  Off topic, I suggest just ignoring these players.Being PK'ed has no physical punishment. only physiological.assuming you're easily intimidated. Just keep re-spawning and continue to grind

Overall, its  normalcy depends on your playstyle and your community

To all the PK'ed. Just stay cool. Getting Hot-headed solves nothing. Progressing will

2 people like this

Posted

ive been PKd and bullied out of locations I was at FISRT on multiple occasions. I don't have a high gear score so its very frustrating and forces me to switch channels frequently.

ive been there before. and ive been there in games where there is practically NO way for a undergeared player to take a spot from a higher geared person. so maybe my experience is a little jaded.

but the way i see it is that the game is designed that the better spots go to the stronger players. they just should not be punishing both sides in a way thats too extreme with zero downsides (i understand if player A kills player B player A gets the advantage of keeping the spot but the downside of losing karma. but player B loses literally nothing but the 30 seconds it might take to run back to the spot)

one potential thing they could do is make it so that if you hit somebody that is flagged you get a different type of pvp flag initiated on yourself. one that does not make you hit people who are not flagged but lets you hit people who are. and makes it so that if somebody kills you in this state they lose less, or no karma) this would mean people could not karma grief as significantly because they would either A not be attacking or the attacker could force them to flag by flagging up and standing in the mobs. or B be forced to take that secondary type of flagging and thus result in a weaker, or no karma loss at all) alternatively they could significantly increase the karma loss on if you hit and/or killed a non flagged opponent. maybe increase the karma loss from 50 to 100k if you kill somebody who isent flagged. but lower the karma loss from 50 to say 10-15k or none at all if you hit somebody with that secondary type of flagging.

Posted

open world pvp is hardly a problem. I don't even remember last time I was attacked, I only remember it was an awakened warrior :)

Posted

How is getting attacked the same as harassment? #Cearbearproblems

1 person likes this

Posted

There are 2 types of harassment:

PvE one - karma griefing/karma bombing:

You notoriously come to to the grinding guy/pt and attack (ks) his mobs "forcing" him to kill you over and over again.

PvP one:

You kill certain guy/pt over and over again even though they don't ks you nor attack you, sometimes not even fight with you (basically they kill you for fun).

Personally I have never experienced the first one and experienced the second one a few times but no enough to call it a problem.

Posted (edited)

probably because i am kawaii af they can't bring themselves to pk

Or maybe you look pathetic and they take pity on you.

Edited by Kat
1 person likes this

Posted

Actual harassment is like next to never. People being annoying happens a little bit.
People saying they are being harassed cause someone called them a noob or they got killed once at a grind spot seems to happen a lot lol.

6 people like this

Posted

Or maybe you look pathetic and they take pity on you.

I doubt it!

1 person likes this