• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Here is Content that is coming the future.

179 posts in this topic

Posted

this was very informative thread ....... hope you keep it up to date !

Posted

Awesome. Hope there are massive blizzard in snow sometimes and ice caves. Ice shards that shimmer blue and teal, all that stuff. Throwback to old school RPG's. Add some classic elements to this game.

Posted

The point is there is a shit ton of players and the game is lively, all the rankings you see are from CAFES so popularity will be different across different cafes. Multiclick is the #1 ranking used in kr for the most part and BDO hops between #10 and #20. It's been as high as 4 or 5.

MMORPG Rank does not correlate the game, you do NOT need to be the #1 MMORPG to be successful and have players. GW2 is considered widely successful and has alot of players for example on NA.

I have played and logged into KR, it is about double what NA population was at launch, if you played at launch. They have so many channels that they added 5 more channels recently to deal with how many people there were, having to add channels shows that it is doing well there. But this is in KR, not NA

Doing well and being popular are two different things. The fact is the game is not popular in Korea, look at your own sources, about half a percent of the korean gaming population plays BDO. Fact. And mentioning channels is meaningless because no one knows the maximum amount of players allowed on a channel; they could be lowering the requirements to make the channels look crowded.  

Posted (edited)

Doing well and being popular are two different things. The fact is the game is not popular in Korea, look at your own sources, about half a percent of the korean gaming population plays BDO. Fact. And mentioning channels is meaningless because no one knows the maximum amount of players allowed on a channel; they could be lowering the requirements to make the channels look crowded.  

If you watch kr players, the game is packed though. The game has jumped between ranks such as #8 and ranks as low as #20

There's a crap ton of online games, being #8-20 in a country is quite big. My charts were not limited to MMO's only

its pretty much crowded every fri/sat/sun because thats when koreans game hard, on other days it's got 5-10 channels crowded.

Fifa online however has 3x more players then WoW in korea, MMO %'s are low there but they have so many players it looks good.

WoW is like 2.40-2.50%  and BDO is .60-1%

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

thing what sucks for me about all these nw places i will never see them because i dont have the gear for them lol :/

Posted

thing what sucks for me about all these nw places i will never see them because i dont have the gear for them lol :/

You'll get there. Just takes forever in this game. Whatever you do, NEVER sell some of your gear to try to get a high level enhancement and then not be able to get the enhancement anyway and be out of silver afterwards. Lets hope they keep having ways in game for players to catch up.

1 person likes this

Posted

People will be leaving the places you need for these places :D

Posted

sweet. really like these new elites :D hope there are tons of them to farm, which there properly isnt but well, baby steps

• Laytenn who spawns at fixed(?) spawns in the desert during night. After a single day in KR people already had the necklace at PRI, so there are either a lot of spawns or its droprate is okay.
  • There are 9 Shadow of Gahaz, Cadry Commander are multiple as well.
  • Gatekeeper are 1 each, total of 4, that are kind off field boss-ish, just for a single group.

You still have Hystria, which probably has more fake difficulty than any of the above. Alternatively you can also switch channels every 15 minutes.

1 person likes this

Posted

• Laytenn who spawns at fixed(?) spawns in the desert during night. After a single day in KR people already had the necklace at PRI, so there are either a lot of spawns or its droprate is okay.
  • There are 9 Shadow of Gahaz, Cadry Commander are multiple as well.
  • Gatekeeper are 1 each, total of 4, that are kind off field boss-ish, just for a single group.

You still have Hystria, which probably has more fake difficulty than any of the above. Alternatively you can also switch channels every 15 minutes.

Gahaz and ogre do have actual mechanics ;p, if you don't avoid them you might die. IDK on cadry

Gahaz is basically a sorc and they do combos on you

Posted

This game truly needs 3 things.

1) All grind areas revamps. Let's be honest, none of us want to grind sausans and pirates all day. Give us some options. Increase drop rates in other areas. Maybe do weekly events where some areas have increased drops temporarily, etc.

2) Enhancement upgrades. TET/PEN is not achievable for most players and it should be. Yes, it should take them a really long time to get to, but the current enhancement system is flawed. It should not be luck required, it should just be insanely expensive to TET your items. And yes, I realise you can buy them yourself, but for a lot of items this isn't possible, and grinding for that long just to buy one item is boring. If I could use my blackstones/gathered hard/sharps to create my own gear then I think this game would be playable for much longer.

3) Optimisations. This game is a lagfest from both latency and fps perspectives. I have a GTX780 and I get 30-40 fps most of the time, which sucks. It is possible to do, it would just take a little bit of effort. Look at Witcher 3, it is beautiful yet on my card I get a solid 60 frames. Look at GTA V, again, beautiful, yet runs perfectly. There are hundreds of other examples of well optimised games. I'm not saying that this is terribly optimised, but honestly it has a lot of room for improvement.

Other than that, I love this game. I don't care about any of the other issues people tend to complain about, but I do hope these 3 features get revamped/built upon. I do think revamping Valencia grind spots is an improvement though. At least give us a better alternative to Sausans and Pirates in there somewhere. (Money and XP wise, not just one or the other.)

1) Sure, why not

2.) No way

3.) GTX780. Lol.

Posted

Do we have any ETA for the Magoria expansion? I was foolishly expecting the new ships to arrive with the current ocean overhaul but that obviously didn't happen *sadface*

Posted

tyvm :)

i would love to grind hysteria, but i hear it requires crazy high stats to even be valid grinding, even with a full grou :(  which is very sad... i love dungeons and group content so yer, thats kind of a bummer. (also witch here, so a long time untill i get my awakening and hear that is also kind of a must due to the blocking etc. which you will NEED to not get rolfstomped :P  )

how the spawn rate of these? since if you are suppose to grind them as a party it needs to be damn high with so few of them spawning :)

no matter what i think its stepping in the correct direction :D

Requirement certainly isn't low, but it is doable. Awakening is also not a must, Hystria Ruins were released a week after the Berserker awakening, it wouldn't be smart at all if 9 other classes couldn't use the content for up to 10 months. Though once it turns night, you better leave Hystria.

Short video of a Wizard in Hystria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpdsNT4lCo 

If you refer to the elites, no idea. Videos hardly get uploaded to youtube, it's even more difficult to find informations regarding something like spawnrates.

Do we have any ETA for the Magoria expansion? I was foolishly expecting the new ships to arrive with the current ocean overhaul but that obviously didn't happen *sadface*

Q4 / Winter. Ocean revamp also happened in KR a few patches before the actual expansion.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you watch kr players, the game is packed though. The game has jumped between ranks such as #8 and ranks as low as #20

There's a crap ton of online games, being #8-20 in a country is quite big. My charts were not limited to MMO's only

its pretty much crowded every fri/sat/sun because thats when koreans game hard, on other days it's got 5-10 channels crowded.

Fifa online however has 3x more players then WoW in korea, MMO %'s are low there but they have so many players it looks good.

WoW is like 2.40-2.50%  and BDO is .60-1%

Can tell you explain how less <1% is considered popular? 

Posted (edited)

edited

Edited by iVentrue

Posted

I love the game and am looking forward to any new content. It's entertainment and I treat it as such.

Posted (edited)

Can tell you explain how less <1% is considered popular? 

WoW is 2.50% and considered hugely successful in KR  but has over 1m KR players (as blizz showed before in there statistics when they reported them)

can you explain how 2.50% is popular?

The answer? KR has a literal poop ton of PC gamers specifically, they have alot of people in the country too.

that 1% is basically top 10, think about that for a second, a game played by 1% of the pop is top 10

Just watch any KR streamer during KR primetime to see for yourself, it's really packed. The only thing that will prove that to people is seeing it in real-time.

I find it funny these days how people were so lenient with games back during the early introduction of mainstream MMO's (WoW launch). WoW was in an unplayable state for over a week, and basically unplayable for the next 2 months after, yet it never got such a huge backlash, and it was unplayable again during BC launch and for the next couple days after. This is no excuse EVER for said problems and such, but what changed that made everyone so on edge all the time, its the same with every MMORPG, everyone is arguing and violently throwing stuff at each other almost immediately. It's quite weird to me.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

WoW is 2.50% and considered hugely successful in KR  but has over 1m KR players (as blizz showed before in there statistics when they reported them)

can you explain how 2.50% is popular?

The answer? KR has a literal poop ton of PC gamers specifically, they have alot of people in the country too.

that 1% is basically top 10, think about that for a second, a game played by 1% of the pop is top 10

Just watch any KR streamer during KR primetime to see for yourself, it's really packed. The only thing that will prove that to people is seeing it in real-time.

I find it funny these days how people were so lenient with games back during the early introduction of mainstream MMO's (WoW launch). WoW was in an unplayable state for over a week, and basically unplayable for the next 2 months after, yet it never got such a huge backlash, and it was unplayable again during BC launch and for the next couple days after. This is no excuse EVER for said problems and such, but what changed that made everyone so on edge all the time, its the same with every MMORPG, everyone is arguing and violently throwing stuff at each other almost immediately. It's quite weird to me.

You're ignoring the question; we're talking about popularity not rank and success. Only holding <1% of the gaming population isn't "popular."

Posted (edited)

You're ignoring the question; we're talking about popularity not rank and success. Only holding <1% of the gaming population isn't "popular."

The bottom line is the game has a ton of players there, with a lot of crowded channels with 500+ players in region wars there.

Server merge on NA would be nice if we have 30 or so channels. You would probably see 7-15 of them crowded during NA primetime

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

@Catclaw

Speaking of the new personal boat with guns. 

-What are the required materials to build it?

-Can the guns be used to hunt whales/sea monster.?

-Can I park it at Pirates close and use the guns, shelling the mobs?;-) 

Thx for any info you can provide. 😁 

Posted

PLEASE make more of these threads.  There is SO LITTLE INFORMATION about this game ANYWHERE.  It is maddening how infrequent and scant the NA/EU population's information is.  I really want to play this game, but when there is currently little else to do but grind mobs and we have NO information about what is coming next, it becomes increasingly difficult to stay invested in something that may not even be adding anything worthwhile.

Posted

but the question is, WILL IT BE GOOD, OR LACKLUSTRE LIKE MOST STUFF AFTER MEDIAH ?

> wait for RBF

> RBF almost dead, next to nobody goes there, especially since they release awakenings 1 by 1

> wait for node wars

> node wars came and its a complete cluster----- due to the desync, not worth the effort for smaller guilds, also its pretty dead ( on croxus at least ), free t3s, "free" regions etc.

> wait for whales

> havent seen anyone do them in months

> new world boss - kutum

> barely anyone did him when he came out, nobody does him now

> new farming spots in valencia and then valencia updated 2.0

> all 59s and 60s still at pirates/sausans

> prettier water and nice corals and plankton ...

I mean there was a few thing that were good, but the vast majority didnt matter.

The game is in such a broken state right now, but look guys we gonna have snow weather, like that matters at all.

The game needs new proper content, not same old mobs few level higher, just go farm those gg.

and ofc bdo is doing good in kr, its as p2w as p2w get, thats what they live for there

Posted

Thanks for the post, new updates look awesome! Updates won't help though if they can't fix their servers with the desyncing, video chuck and lag. How long would you drive a car if all it did was bunny hop, pretty sure you would get rid of it. Here's to hoping! :)

Posted

Very nice post, can't understand why I've not seen this before.

Posted

6. Awakening Class Balancing/DP Lookat or Balancing.

(For the most part, koreans think all the classes are

Balanced

other than sorc and ranger, warrior got nerfed recently, and ranger is up on thechopping block now as PA thinks they overbuffed the sword skills)

Okay, this is plain bullshit. There is AT LEAST 10x more complaints about warrior than there is about sorc. 4 unbalanced classes that every KR player agrees on are (in order of ridiculousness)

1. Ranger (pathetically OP damage, eats whole shield in MAX 2 skills, can spam on cooldown with similar damage, 31k % combo that can be done in one CC)

2. Warrior (unkillable, no risk high reward turtle playstyle)

3. Giant (after grab buff, would be 4th. Can end pvp in one grab, grabs fail though. After 30% buff, not really. They tried to nerf zerk by making him grab max 3 times. Noone survives 2 anyway, soooooo yeah... More complaints)

4. Sorc (situational, but ridiculous damage, spin2win KD with block, iframes, evasion)

So, he said ranger is on the chopping block one month ago, right? HA! Only buffs since then.