• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please post Wizard awakening gameplay here

117 posts in this topic

Posted

This.

Wizard feels like a burst mage and witch feels like a debuff/defensive mage. 

Except if you look at all the skills you will see damage output wise they are pretty much the same.  The real difference is one has a block the other has a grab and short range skills.

It would be more accurate to say that the Wizard is more in your face damage with the grab and frontal AOES.  While the witch is more ranged with a block.

But damage wise, skill for skill they are pretty much identical.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Nacario

Posted

Except if you look at all the skills you will see damage output wise they are pretty much the same.  The real difference is one has a block the other has a grab and short range skills.
It would be more accurate to say that the Wizard is more in your face damage with the grab and frontal AOES.  While the witch is more ranged with a block.

But damage wise, skill for skill they are pretty much identical.

If anything, Witch has higher average damage. The only skill that Wizard has the advantage on really is Water Ball vs the spammable lightning, after all flows are unlocked. But it's not a huge difference.

But could you please stop trying to convince people that Witch = long-range while Wizard = close-range? It's not true, as I've gone over before. The only skill which requires Wiz to be closer than Witch is arguably Fiery Dash, which has longer overall range than Fissure Wave but moves the character closer in the process (the grab's counterpart is a block that does no damage and it's only going to be used to extend CC, so I don't think you can consider that as "making Wiz closer-ranged"), and Wizard even has an advantage in range on 1 skill (Fiery Judgment vs the big angled lightning strikes).

Posted

If anything, Witch has higher average damage. The only skill that Wizard has the advantage on really is Water Ball vs the spammable lightning, after all flows are unlocked. But it's not a huge difference.

But could you please stop trying to convince people that Witch = long-range while Wizard = close-range? It's not true, as I've gone over before. The only skill which requires Wiz to be closer than Witch is arguably Fiery Dash, which has longer overall range than Fissure Wave but moves the character closer in the process (the grab's counterpart is a block that does no damage and it's only going to be used to extend CC, so I don't think you can consider that as "making Wiz closer-ranged"), and Wizard even has an advantage in range on 1 skill (Fiery Judgment vs the big angled lightning strikes).

That is literally the first time ive ever said that, im not trying to do anything I simply gave my opinion.

Posted

its wierd tho cuz some of the uploaders of vids i posted here says in their comment sections that witch does have a bit longer ranger on skills than wizard, while wizard has sligthly higher dmg on skills. Guess we will have to see for ourselves come awak

Posted

That is literally the first time ive ever said that, im not trying to do anything I simply gave my opinion.

Ah I'm sorry, I looked at the thread I was thinking of and it seems I confused you with someone else. My apologies.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Hopebringer
Really really well played wizard...for me maybe the best in KR

Posted

Posted

wow dat intro

10/10

Posted

notice there were many times that at distance could initiated with long range staff spells before coming in but instead he did his left click attack.dont forget you still have your staff spells wizzies,switchy switchy and switchy often

Except those attacks are much much weaker.  They have significantly less AP behind them as your Awakening weapon AP does not benefit your normal staff skills so its basically pre awakening damage.

The only time I would switch is for heals and buffs.  Switching for damage.... eh you would be better off with awakening damage only.

Posted (edited)

Except those attacks are much much weaker.  They have significantly less AP behind them as your Awakening weapon AP does not benefit your normal staff skills so its basically pre awakening damage.
The only time I would switch is for heals and buffs.  Switching for damage.... eh you would be better off with awakening damage only.

You meteor mostly for the good CC at a range,since wizrds skills with staff tend to have long range tis perfect to set up comboes before you approach in and switch orb,and the bliz still good for aoeing a group when the focus is not on you.if you dont have enough skillpoints to have em too its fine but no reason not to have them if you got enough skillpoints it just makes your chara stronger to be able to have ranged toolkit added to your closer range awaken toolkit

((edited cause post bugged and quoted someone else at first))

Edited by LinaCrysta
1 person likes this

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Look at this wizard awakening pvp boss. :ph34r:

Edited by HitMachine
1 person likes this

Posted

Look at this wizard awakening pvp boss. :ph34r:

do u know if he has streamed a red battlefield match?

Posted

do u know if he has streamed a red battlefield match?

idk but i search now

1 person likes this

Posted

He is the Pen of King lol