• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Block or grapple with video

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Block would allow you to stay on your feet and avoid getting cced at the start of combat not to mention it goes well with a class that can heal.....oh yea would also make certain pve bosses much easier.

Which would you prefer block or a grapple?

Edited by Beld

Posted

block for sure, but im a wizard :/ so seems no block for me

Posted

i would choose block all day everyday.

Posted

Personally I'm okay with the grapple and an awakened teleport for more mobility.The block on witch is okay, but most people I've talked to haven't been overly impressed with it anyway...

Posted

Block. The block is spammable, the grapple...I don't know but I'm sure its not gonna be on Zerk or even warrior levels. A block combined with the extra mobility and a witches heals, is perfection. NOW, if wiz's get a block like the witches AND a grapple.....I will not be pleased lol and will have to reaally consider switching...plus I can be young, virile and sexy and have a penis. Just like IRL =P

Posted

I'm still hoping that witch gets block and heal and wiz gets block and grapple...but I guess I'll end up disappointed xD

Posted

Freeze, dps, grapple, down smash. Sounds like a one sided fight to me

Posted

I'm still hoping that witch gets block and heal and wiz gets block and grapple...but I guess I'll end up disappointed xD

Ummm, the witch does have block and heal annnd the wiz, from the looks of it will have a grapple and wiz already has heal so if he also has a block...then he will deff have an up on witch, when it comes to potential combo variations

Posted

i only wish witch block would work while moving back so it would automatically block incoming attacks while we press s.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Block is complete shit once you are fighting people with 230+ AP. They will go through your block in 1 attack and kill you at the same time with it. Grab>Block.

Edited by DDope

Posted

Grapple as its a good overall counter, while block can give u false security as u can be grappled through block (block is short vs high ap), where grapple is another strong layer of cc that adds to an engagers playstyle giving more opportunity. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Why would someone complain about have a block over grapple...... an an equal geared fight a beserker shits on a warrior.

2 people like this

Posted

i only wish witch block would work while moving back so it would automatically block incoming attacks while we press s.

That would have been awesome to have, yes.

Block is complete shit once you are fighting people with 230+ AP. They will go through your block in 1 attack and kill you at the same time with it. Grab>Block.

Bro, if someone can eat through a block like that because of their AP...then chances are they would eat through HP just as quickly before you ever even got close enough to grab lol. This is a poor example. This a melee class against a ranger....

Why would someone complain about have a block over grapple...... an an equal geared fight a beserker shits on a warrior.

Yes. Chain grab shits on everyone lol

2 people like this

Posted

Bro, if someone can eat through a block like that because of their AP...then chances are they would eat through HP just as quickly before you ever even got close enough to grab lol. This is a poor example. This a melee class against a ranger....

You make it sound like you gonna run up to him face first and try to grab... you have teleport and a new awakening ability which charges forward for a stun/stiffness as gap closers. But yeah... too early to speak about that.

Posted (edited)

You make it sound like you gonna run up to him face first and try to grab... you have teleport and a new awakening ability which charges forward for a stun/stiffness as gap closers. But yeah... too early to speak about that.

Mmmmk lol...you must be new to this game....cause clearly, you don't know or have not seen how easy it is for a ranger to skip/cartwheel/dance away while spraying arrows down on your face lol. I'm sorry man, but a ranger and an awakened one at that with 230 AP..is gonna eat through anything.

You will spend every moment in that fight using that teleport to try and get away from those arrows and you might be using that new dash forward to try and get away too xD. Unless you have insane DP....its just not gonna matter against 230AP

Edited by HeroUnknown
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lets  just make that scenario:

both will get killed in 1 CC chain: now both have SA and invuln fields.

the difference is here that First time witch needs to use block or stand still grab will simply break it and WIN!!...

considering the vid it looks like a frontal block and doesnt look like you can turn it around..... so unless it protects a very wide area, so it can protect friendlies, it is the worst block in the game and to Very little use compared to other blocks...

if it is working as a warrior block it could be awesome, but again remember in pvp how many classes got grabs to ignore the blocks ;) and that a LOT of awakening skills counts as 360degree hit on target, so frontal block won't protect you from CC on these, and some awakening skills ignore block all together when talking CC....

personally i like block better than grab, but i think grab is "stronger" in small scale and 1v1. (and dont forget with that grabs comes TWO more gab closers, 1 of them with instant CC on it and 1 which i assume has invuln iframe... so yer..)

That would have been awesome to have, yes.

Yes. Chain grab shits on everyone lol

well with a grab he would have rushed forward and won the fight instantly in that scenario ;)

DP scales crazy bad compared to AP, so people say at top geared DP is kind of worthless, 1 CC=dead.

a witches shield would be demolished in seconds, a wiz would have 2 gab closers, 3 if you count double teleport, instant CC initiated AND grab to follow up with... wiz should theoretically always win by "teleport in -> grab -> nuke -> double teleport away if something goes wrong"

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Mmmmk lol...you must be new to this game....cause clearly, you don't know or have not seen how easy it is for a ranger to skip/cartwheel/dance away while spraying arrows down on your face lol. I'm sorry man, but a ranger and an awakened one at that with 230 AP..is gonna eat through anything.

You will spend every moment in that fight using that teleport to try and get away from those arrows and you might be using that new dash forward to try and get away too xD. Unless you have insane DP....its just not gonna matter against 230AP

are you dumb or something? how is a ranger going to Q spam away if you teleport into him and insta grab him? since most rangers have the reaction time of a dead fish it will be easy kill.

Posted

lets  just make that scenario:

both will get killed in 1 CC chain: now both have SA and invuln fields.

the difference is here that First time witch needs to use block or stand still grab will simply break it and WIN!!...

considering the vid it looks like a frontal block and doesnt look like you can turn it around..... so unless it protects a very wide area, so it can protect friendlies, it is the worst block in the game and to Very little use compared to other blocks...

if it is working as a warrior block it could be awesome, but again remember in pvp how many classes got grabs to ignore the blocks ;) and that a LOT of awakening skills counts as 360degree hit on target, so frontal block won't protect you from CC on these, and some awakening skills ignore block all together when talking CC....

personally i like block better than grab, but i think grab is "stronger" in small scale and 1v1. (and dont forget with that grabs comes TWO more gab closers, 1 of them with instant CC on it and 1 which i assume has invuln iframe... so yer..)

well with a grab he would have rushed forward and won the fight instantly in that scenario ;)

DP scales crazy bad compared to AP, so people say at top geared DP is kind of worthless, 1 CC=dead.

a witches shield would be demolished in seconds, a wiz would have 2 gab closers, 3 if you count double teleport, instant CC initiated AND grab to follow up with... wiz should theoretically always win by "teleport in -> grab -> nuke -> double teleport away if something goes wrong"

I don't think you guys are accounting for ANY of the changes with awakening lol. Do you understand how hard it is to lay down CC on awakened classes? Or am I the only one having that issue....You keep putting out this "instant CC=dead" mess but the truth is other classes have more ways to avoid our CC, whether that be by simply holding the S key and walking backwards or during their zerg rush/rocket launch towards us before they grab chain us to death. Even if a wiz is actually able to get in close and out maneuver a melee class (who apparently is gonna be just, you know..sitting there waiting for us to grab them), landing a grab (if its not resisted) and then can actually CC, then sure, maybe! But please don't set up a scenario as if it's 100% bound to happen at all times because that isn't the truth and chances of someone being able to do that consistently is a lower ratio than I care to even calculate. To be perfectly honest, I don't care what any of you choose lol. I'm fine with the block on witch but when someone comes into a thread with comments like "this is shit and here's why" as that one, whatever their name is did, it'd be nice to come with an explanation of your statement, aside from showing a video that can be biased in so many ways.

are you dumb or something? how is a ranger going to Q spam away if you teleport into him and insta grab him? since most rangers have the reaction time of a dead fish it will be easy kill.

And this is where it begins, resort to name calling because your point is being rebutted. No I'm not dumb or "something" and I'm not going to retort with the gut reaction of calling you a moronic retard. I don't know how many rangers you've gone up against or the caliber of the ones you're fighting but "the reaction time of a dead fish"??? lmao you must be pvp'ing rangers, that are in reality, young developing children. How is a ranger going to Q spam away if you teleport? Well....your teleport doesn't suddenly make their Q inoperable...and your "grab" if it even is that, can be resisted ..So can ALL of your CC...So this world you live in where you can get a "easy kill" on an experienced ranger with gear that is either comparable or better...is a fallacy. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lets look at current awakening classes.

Awakened warriors have the option of switching to non awaken to execute a grapple.  Which ability does it seem like they use more?  Block or grapple?  Which one do you think would cripple them more to lose access to block or grapple?

The few classes that don't have block in awaken are highly mobile.  Ranger(very mobile in both ranged and sword plus gained iframe in awaken) giant(gained more mobility in awaken and was pretty mobile and beefy already in non awaken with moves like shakeoff that have superarmor so they don't just get knocked down and can stay mobile).

So the question is does it look like wiz gained enough mobility and methods to avoid cc to be able to get in and use a short range awaken without a block?  Keep in mind for witch block stops them from just falling to regular cc all the time even when hit from the back.  I have seen vid of a witch getting hit in the back by a cc move while shield is up and not getting cced then able to go into a pbaoe move that has superamor.  That wont be an option for wiz.

Hopefully wiz will get something extra for survivability if they wont have access to block because that new awakened dodge doesn't look like it will be enough when people can easily smack you to the ground(knockdown) while you are doing it.

Edited by Beld
1 person likes this

Posted

so apparently BDO has tab targetting and teleport works like shadowstep? or most rangers on your server just stand in place spamming descending current 24/7?

2 people like this

Posted

The real reason people bring up the frontal block is for the initiations that leave you dead within moments.

• Musa/Maehwa: Stub arrow
  • Sorcerer: Dream of Doom/Judgement
  • Berserker: Flame Buster/Ground Lift
  • Warrior: Solar Flare/Grave Digger

If any of those get off you can die pretty quickly, and I'm not even mentioning the tamer super armor staggers because that class is nigh extinct. The frontal block would help heaps, but a grapple is always good in its own right especially with two precisions on the Kzarka

Posted

The real reason people bring up the frontal block is for the initiations that leave you dead within moments.

• Musa/Maehwa: Stub arrow
  • Sorcerer: Dream of Doom/Judgement
  • Berserker: Flame Buster/Ground Lift
  • Warrior: Solar Flare/Grave Digger

If any of those get off you can die pretty quickly, and I'm not even mentioning the tamer super armor staggers because that class is nigh extinct. The frontal block would help heaps, but a grapple is always good in its own right especially with two precisions on the Kzarka

the thing is, most of cc that you mentioned will reach the witch anyway. her block doesnt work like other blocks, you cant just move back and block at the same time when someone attacks you. you need to cast a block and wait for your opponent to throw his cc, and who will burn his ccs on someone having block up xD

if you think that it will be possible to put up a block as a reaction to someone firing a cc, forget it, most of the above ccs are instant or near instant, with almost zero projectile (if theres one) travel time, so even with perfect reflexes simple server lag will prevent you from blocking anything.

as i see it, awakening witch block in its current form is mostly to block strongly telegraphed slow attacks like meteor, blizzard, or noninstant version of sorcs doom, but fast ccs will get through with no problem.

Posted

Lets look at current awakening classes.

Awakened warriors have the option of switching to non awaken to execute a grapple.  Which ability does it seem like they use more?  Block or grapple?  Which one do you think would cripple them more to lose access to block or grapple?

The few classes that don't have block in awaken are highly mobile.  Ranger(very mobile in both ranged and sword plus gained iframe in awaken) giant(gained more mobility in awaken and was pretty mobile and beefy already in non awaken with moves like shakeoff that have superarmor so they don't just get knocked down and can stay mobile).

So the question is does it look like wiz gained enough mobility and methods to avoid cc to be able to get in and use a short range awaken without a block?  Keep in mind for witch block stops them from just falling to regular cc all the time even when hit from the back.  I have seen vid of a witch getting hit in the back by a cc move while shield is up and not getting cced then able to go into a pbaoe move that has superamor.  That wont be an option for wiz.

Hopefully wiz will get something extra for survivability if they wont have access to block because that new awakened dodge doesn't look like it will be enough when people can easily smack you to the ground(knockdown) while you are doing it.

Yas

so apparently BDO has tab targetting and teleport works like shadowstep? or most rangers on your server just stand in place spamming descending current 24/7?

Yasssssssss

the thing is, most of cc that you mentioned will reach the witch anyway. her block doesnt work like other blocks, you cant just move back and block at the same time when someone attacks you. you need to cast a block and wait for your opponent to throw his cc, and who will burn his ccs on someone having block up xD

if you think that it will be possible to put up a block as a reaction to someone firing a cc, forget it, most of the above ccs are instant or near instant, with almost zero projectile (if theres one) travel time, so even with perfect reflexes simple server lag will prevent you from blocking anything.

as i see it, awakening witch block in its current form is mostly to block strongly telegraphed slow attacks like meteor, blizzard, or noninstant version of sorcs doom, but fast ccs will get through with no problem.

So you can't see it being used like this? 

https://youtu.be/Qegq-312CJc

Posted (edited)

Oh definitely no one would use a strong tech or cc while someone is holding block up, which is why I mentioned initiations.

You can react to a warrior jumping to Grave Digger, you can tell when a Zerk is going to ground lift just by them blitzing with Lava Piercer or using Shakeoff, same with them standing still charging Flame Buster at a distance. Sorcs who are too far away will Dream of Doom or if they simply want to get distance/bait your teleport cast and hold judgement. Musa it should be obvious...its always gonna be a dash game until stub arrow or d.bite lands.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Witch frontal block is an end all mechanic, but you must not deny the benefits it yields in preventing a free knockdown/float compared to a grapple which would really only be used on wake up or if the enemy is attacking infront of you with super armor/block.

Edited by Rzaj
2 people like this

Posted

The video in this very post shows a musa using the stub arrow and it not getting to the witch even tho the musa is going to the side and back of the shield.  Watch those vids again......

1 person likes this