• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let's talk about computer setup

42 posts in this topic

Posted

So i've been watching a few KR BDO videos on youtube and I noticed that they don't lag that much in towns.  They got as much people in towns as we do so I don't get it.  I've done some research on the best computer setup for BDO at this point but I can't seem to find the best one so far.  Most of the stuff i've seen on the internet are almost a year old posts.  Technology changes every week so I'm wondering what most people have now to run BDO as smoothly as it can get.  I'm saying, at least, 50FPS in crowded towns. 

Posted

Are you talking about in 1080p, 1440p, 4k? Those all require different systems to run efficiently, with 1440p and 4k being somewhat closer. There are recent threads similar to this, so not sure how many replies you'll get..I'll bite though. This is what I posted in another recent thread.

Current Rig:

MB: MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU:Intel Core i7-6850K - Running at 4.4
HD: SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (BDO runs on this along with OS and a few games, everything else is on SSD)
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
GPU: 2x 1080 Gaming X
Monitors: 2x Asus 1440p 144 mhz

I typically avg 60-73 FPS in Heidel, 100+ out in the wild. Zarka and world bosses are really the only place FPS drops at all.

You can get decent FPS with a decent CPU/card running on 1080p. I'll update my wifes PC specs when I get home, but she has no FPS issues running with a R9 290X. I forget her CPU off the top of my head though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you talking about in 1080p, 1440p, 4k? Those all require different systems to run efficiently, with 1440p and 4k being somewhat closer. There are recent threads similar to this, so not sure how many replies you'll get..I'll bite though. This is what I posted in another recent thread.

Current Rig:

HD: SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (BDO runs on this along with OS and a few games, everything else is on SSD)
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

I typically avg 60-73 FPS in Heidel, 100+ out in the wild. Zarka and world bosses are really the only place FPS drops at all.

You can get decent FPS with a decent CPU/card running on 1080p. I'll update my wifes PC specs when I get home, but she has no FPS issues running with a R9 290X. I forget her CPU off the top of my head though.

I love your godmachine. =u=

Whats his/her name ?

1 person likes this

Posted

I love your godmachine. =u=

Whats his/her name ?

Thank you! That's a great question. I should give her a name. Maybe Wife #2, since she's just as expensive :P 

Now you have me really thinking about that... :|

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm saying, at least, 50FPS in crowded towns. 

Most any intel chip running 4ghz or above with a gpu that's 970gtx or above, with an ssd can handle 50fps in towns. The problem is you never mentioned your resolution that you will be running or if you want 50FPS in world bosses and such.

Sadly, You would need a supercomputer(or 2!) to run bdo highest settings @60FPS for a WB. Ok, I exaggerate a little here since I could do 60FPS along time ago when World bosses had 4-5 people that could drop them in minutes. With such a small number of players being rendered it would stay at 60FPS.

EDIT: yes that was during the cooldown hack times plus stun locking.

Edited by Mystafyi

Posted (edited)

Most any intel chip running 4ghz or above with a gpu that's 970gtx or above, with an ssd can handle 50fps in towns. The problem is you never mentioned your resolution that you will be running or if you want 50FPS in world bosses and such.

Sadly, You would need a supercomputer(or 2!) to run bdo highest settings @60FPS for a WB. Ok, I exaggerate a little here since I could do 60FPS along time ago when World bosses had 4-5 people that could drop them in minutes. With such a small number of players being rendered it would stay at 60FPS.

Well, i'm looking at 1440p or 4k.  However, it's going to be a major upgrade on my end if I want to get at least 60 fps 100% of the time except when at boss fights.  Good info though.  My guess was right that intel would be the go to for this.  I was just curious as to what kind of chip.

@Keytal Are you running 4k res?

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

Current Rig:

is that a 1080 titan x or 1080 gtx? 

And are you using both screens to play? 

I run a 4790k and 2x 980ti and struggle to get 25 fps in heidel or calpheon

general combat hovers below 60 fps too

My resolution is at 3440x1440p 

Posted (edited)

With this rig i get around 55-70 fps in Heidel (1440p, max settings non high-end mode):

• Intel Core i5-6600K @4.5GHz
  • 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
  • ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
  • Crucial BX100 500GB
  • Palit GTX 1070 GameRock

The 1070 is defective though (problems with Micron memory) so I'm getting this one tomorrow instead:

• Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream

I'll try to update the difference. In general, this game is unusually demanding on GPU compared to most MMO's which are CPU bound, at least in 1440p the only thing holding me back is graphics power. So get the strongest possible GPU you can afford.

Edited by veckans

Posted

I don't lag anymore once i upgraded.

My pc specs are 

Alienware TOWER

Alienware Monitor

Alienware Mechanical Professional Keyboard

Alienware Mouse 10,000 DPI

Alienware DvD-R and Blueray

Alienware Mousepad

I get better ping and hardly lag now with my new state of the art computer gaming system.

1 person likes this

Posted

My guess was right that intel would be the go to for this.  I was just curious as to what kind of chip

I am using the i5-4690k currently overclocked to 4.2(just bumped it matter of fact). Its an old chip, but is still good for gaming. Anyhoo, I would recommend something along the lines of a i7-4790k, i5-6600k, i7-6700k.

That should be more then enough power to be above 25fps in town. This game doesn't take into account sli setups well, but still. Unless that resolution is so taxing... don't know since I don't run that high.

Posted

Well, i'm looking at 1440p or 4k.  However, it's going to be a major upgrade on my end if I want to get at least 60 fps 100% of the time except when at boss fights.  Good info though.  My guess was right that intel would be the go to for this.  I was just curious as to what kind of chip.

@Keytal Are you running 4k res?

No, not running at 4k res. (2560x1440 at 144 mhz refresh rate)

This is the exact monitor I run 2x of.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XG270HU-omidpx-FREESYNC-Widescreen/dp/B00VRCLHYS

is that a 1080 titan x or 1080 gtx? 

And are you using both screens to play? 

general combat hovers below 60 fps too

This is the exact card I have 2x of.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127943

In my current setup, the fans on the cards don't even kick on until I'm running multiple games at the same time. All CPU cores are running at 36-38C as well atm while running in Heidel training stamina.

Posted

This thread is full of pay to win.

More fps = more attempts for PEN.

2 people like this

Posted

No, not running at 4k res. (2560x1440 at 144 mhz refresh rate)

This is the exact monitor I run 2x of.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XG270HU-omidpx-FREESYNC-Widescreen/dp/B00VRCLHYS

This is the exact card I have 2x of.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127943

In my current setup, the fans on the cards don't even kick on until I'm running multiple games at the same time. All CPU cores are running at 36-38C as well atm while running in Heidel training stamina.

Why do you use an Nvidia card but have a Free-sync monitor?  Nvidia is G-sync, Free-sync is AMD.

Posted

And here i come with my AMD configuration

CPU: FX-6300 OC to 4,7 GHz

GPU; R9 290

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

Running the game on SSD

Settings maxed out without High end mode 1080p = 55-100 fps outside and 20-40 in Calpheon city. Changing settings to low is not changing fps in towns for me. Really really really bad optimization and this game hates AMD.

2 people like this

Posted

Why do you use an Nvidia card but have a Free-sync monitor?  Nvidia is G-sync, Free-sync is AMD.

cause he's either linked the freesync version by accident, or is not interested in paying extra for g sync 

1 person likes this

Posted

And here i come with my AMD configuration

CPU: FX-6300 OC to 4,7 GHz

GPU; R9 290

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

Running the game on SSD

Settings maxed out without High end mode 1080p = 55-100 fps outside and 20-40 in Calpheon city. Changing settings to low is not changing fps in towns for me. Really really really bad optimization and this game hates AMD.

I agree.  I think you're just paying more on your electricity that AMD is gobbling all the time than getting better quality gaming. :/  I'm probably gonna start saving up for an intel upgrade. 

Posted

i have a question

game will run better from an ssd then from hdd ?? and i am not refering on loading times

Posted

i have a question

game will run better from an ssd then from hdd ?? and i am not refering on loading times

AFAIK, the game would render faster if it's installed in a SSD.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It was on sale super cheap locally here (2 for the price of 1 essentially) :P I believe I have VSYNC enabled, I'd have to check when I get home. I don't have any tearing or anything in game. It runs super smooth/clear.

Also, I realized I got them when I was running R9 290X's. That makes more sense now. Derp derp. My wife still has 290X's (she doesn't game near as much). I may pick up one of the ROG Swift's if I ever run into any tearing or issues, but so far so good. *knock on wood*

Edited by Keytal

Posted

And here I come with an entire setup that costs about the same as Keytal's GPUs...  (629-1400 each depending on the model on newegg right now)

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T base clock speed at 3.2GHz (never goes over 40% CPU usage, so why buy more?)

SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB PCI-Express 3.0

(other misc SATA drives that have nothing to do with what I use when gaming)

G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 2100  32GB (but because of a limitation I never knew about AMD limits these to 1300)

AMD Saphire R9 380X Hyper

Windows 10

BenQ XL2430T 1080p @60Hz (supports higher though I cannot seem to find the setting in Win10, also haven't googled it yet)

Corsair K90 Brown Mechanical KB

Corsair M90 mouse

=============================

I haven't looked in the last couple weeks, but you can buy all the above right now for pretty close to $1000 maybe just under $1200 if you get free shipping on all of it

Here is the fun part, I get 35-48FPS EVERYWHERE, except bosses where it dips down to about 18-25 (measurement taken at Dim tree yesterday while playing Ninja class and up close and personal), constantly bounces up and down even standing still looking at the ground... 

(fullwindowed, graphics=high2, textures=high)

If I feel like dropping the cash for the next gen AMDs, coming out sooner or later, prob cost me 300-400 (about double the current cost of the card I have, so it would only up the build price of a new system by $200 give or take) they will be able to do the same performance on 1440p or better.

Do I wish I was getting 60fps or better, of course.  Am I happy with the game as is, yup.  And next year after the AMD upgrade is out a few months, I'll look into a 1440p gaming monitor (over 60Hz) and pop a new GPU to see if I can make 60fps my standard at 1440p.  And I'll still be happy with it then.

i have a question

I can verify it makes a HUGE difference, myself and other guildies moved from SATA 7200 RPM drives to M.2 SSD drives and both noticed, zero rubberbanding, I can swap toons in under 10 seconds (sometimes 3 or 4 seconds from when the load screen shows up to being able to move the new toon in game, but not always), I also no longer have the pause/lag when riding a fast horse (or even a slow one on SATA drives!) the black screen on launch disappears almost fast enough to not think the game never actually loaded too!  (just a handful of seconds, not more than 30, I'd estimate less than 20, but until patching finishes I can't check :)  )

On my SATA drive it could take 6 to 10 minutes to go away, long enough to go to the bathroom, do some business, wash my hands and dry them well, get back to my desk and even then sometimes it was still on the black screen

I will say character pop is still bad, someone on a T7 or T8 with Sprint active and going the opposite direction can ride past me and never show up on screen.

1 person likes this

Posted

And here I come with an entire setup that costs about the same as Keytal's GPUs...  (629-1400 each depending on the model on newegg right now)

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T base clock speed at 3.2GHz (never goes over 40% CPU usage, so why buy more?)

SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB PCI-Express 3.0

(other misc SATA drives that have nothing to do with what I use when gaming)

G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 2100  32GB (but because of a limitation I never knew about AMD limits these to 1300)

AMD Saphire R9 380X Hyper

Windows 10

BenQ XL2430T 1080p @60Hz (supports higher though I cannot seem to find the setting in Win10, also haven't googled it yet)

Corsair K90 Brown Mechanical KB

Corsair M90 mouse

=============================

I haven't looked in the last couple weeks, but you can buy all the above right now for pretty close to $1000 maybe just under $1200 if you get free shipping on all of it

Here is the fun part, I get 35-48FPS EVERYWHERE, except bosses where it dips down to about 18-25 (measurement taken at Dim tree yesterday while playing Ninja class and up close and personal), constantly bounces up and down even standing still looking at the ground... 

(fullwindowed, graphics=high2, textures=high)

If I feel like dropping the cash for the next gen AMDs, coming out sooner or later, prob cost me 300-400 (about double the current cost of the card I have, so it would only up the build price of a new system by $200 give or take) they will be able to do the same performance on 1440p or better.

Do I wish I was getting 60fps or better, of course.  Am I happy with the game as is, yup.  And next year after the AMD upgrade is out a few months, I'll look into a 1440p gaming monitor (over 60Hz) and pop a new GPU to see if I can make 60fps my standard at 1440p.  And I'll still be happy with it then.

I can verify it makes a HUGE difference, myself and other guildies moved from SATA 7200 RPM drives to M.2 SSD drives and both noticed, zero rubberbanding, I can swap toons in under 10 seconds (sometimes 3 or 4 seconds from when the load screen shows up to being able to move the new toon in game, but not always), I also no longer have the pause/lag when riding a fast horse (or even a slow one on SATA drives!) the black screen on launch disappears almost fast enough to not think the game never actually loaded too!  (just a handful of seconds, not more than 30, I'd estimate less than 20, but until patching finishes I can't check :)  )

On my SATA drive it could take 6 to 10 minutes to go away, long enough to go to the bathroom, do some business, wash my hands and dry them well, get back to my desk and even then sometimes it was still on the black screen

I will say character pop is still bad, someone on a T7 or T8 with Sprint active and going the opposite direction can ride past me and never show up on screen.

I can 100% verify this fact. So nice, worth the extra $$ for me. Even at world bosses, the FPS may drop, but I get no stuttering or rubber banding/delay really.

Posted (edited)

Thank you! That's a great question. I should give her a name. Maybe Wife #2, since she's just as expensive :P 

Now you have me really thinking about that... :|

Mines outdated, need to get a new one...  Wife that is!  ZING!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHhahahaha ha ha ha heh.....  

*looks over shoulder*

"OH hai hun I was just tal...

"IN OTHER NEWS SUPER COOL GUY ZEGRAM HAS BEEN REPORTED MISSING FOR 2 OVER WEEKS NOW, IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITIES."

Edited by Zegram
1 person likes this

Posted

Funny Zegram. I always say that to my wife. I tell her I'm going to trade her in for a newer younger model. She just laughs at me. Maybe she's not really kidding though... :|

Posted

@Keytal

My rig would be near identical to yours if I didn't have two kids in daycare!!! $25k a year, holy F!!!

I like it, I like it a lot!

Posted

I wouldn't poke that beast with a 10 foot pole, my wife is half my size but shes a mean one!