• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let's talk about computer setup

42 posts in this topic

Posted

@Keytal

My rig would be near identical to yours if I didn't have two kids in daycare!!! $25k a year, holy F!!!

I like it, I like it a lot!

Yeah, my wife and I opted to not have any kids. I make plenty of $ (not counting her salary) so we have a lot of financial freedom for stuff like that and traveling. Thanks! I rather enjoy it. :)

I wouldn't poke that beast with a 10 foot pole, my wife is half my size but shes a mean one!

Yeah, sounds like my wife. She's 4 ft 11 but she's a mean one as well!

Posted

You guys wanna hear a joke

Here is my laptop :D

support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03540276

Posted

AFAIK, the game would render faster if it's installed in a SSD.  

ty i will give it a try bcz i have problems when i ride fast horses with loading textures

Posted

You guys wanna hear a joke

Here is my laptop :D

support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03540276

Having worked for HP years ago, you made me cringe when I saw HP and you said Laptop. >.< (No offense intended!)

Posted

Having worked for HP years ago, you made me cringe when I saw HP and you said Laptop. >.< (No offense intended!)

Eh it's okay i did get offended by many things with that and when i was a BDO guest passer the most offending one was Poor C*** tho

But oh well

Posted

i have a question

game will run better from an ssd then from hdd ?? and i am not refering on loading times

I had a HDD before and i would constantly stutter in towns and sometimes have to wait for the map to load whilst running on a horse. Recently upgraded to SSD and have no stutters at all and no loading issues, would really suggest getting one :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I had a HDD before and i would constantly stutter in towns and sometimes have to wait for the map to load whilst running on a horse. Recently upgraded to SSD and have no stutters at all and no loading issues, would really suggest getting one :)

ok ty for the answer, then an ssd will resolve my problem

Posted

cause he's either linked the freesync version by accident, or is not interested in paying extra for g sync 

Freesync cost as well.  He might as well have thrown his money out the window or lit it on fire.  The whole point of G-sync and Freesync is so if your FPS dips below 120 it doesn't automatically drop to 60, or if it drops below 60 it doesn't automatically drop to 30.

G-sync cost more because in the monitor there is a chip that controls the refresh rate and communicates with the card whereas freesync is completely a software solution and doesn't work as well.  Hence cheaper.

Posted

Location of the datacenter and how far players you're seeing are away from the datacenter play a massive role in this as well.

Posted

I get a steady 60 FPS at max settings on an old 2600k (It's OC'ed though) and a 780ti.

Posted

I get a steady 60 FPS at max settings on an old 2600k (It's OC'ed though) and a 780ti.

Resolution?  I don't think you're getting that at 2k or 4k.

Posted

It was on sale super cheap locally here (2 for the price of 1 essentially) :P I believe I have VSYNC enabled, I'd have to check when I get home. I don't have any tearing or anything in game. It runs super smooth/clear.

Also, I realized I got them when I was running R9 290X's. That makes more sense now. Derp derp. My wife still has 290X's (she doesn't game near as much). I may pick up one of the ROG Swift's if I ever run into any tearing or issues, but so far so good. *knock on wood*

You want V-sync turned OFF when you're using adaptive sync.  Vsync synchronizes your GPU output to your monitor's max refresh rate.  If it can't achieve that rate, it cuts it in half.  Example:

If you have a 60Hz monitor and turn on V-sync, then your card will output 60fps.  It waits for the monitor's rate before it outputs another frame.  If you cannot achieve 60 fps, then it automatically gets cut in half to 30 fps.  This is why V-sync causes input lag.  If you can't achieve 30 fps, it drops to 20 or 15 fps.  There is no rate in between.

With adaptive sync, your card can output any range of fps all the way down to the monitor's minimum refresh rate.  So if you can't hit 60 fps, you can go to 55fps and your monitor will adjust its refresh rate accordingly.  This is why V-sync needs to be off.  V-sync is more of a problem with a 144Hz monitor because you'll never steadily hit that FPS in this game, so your FPS will be chopped in half continually.

If you have an nvidia card, the best way to see your fps in-game is to turn on Shadowplay and enable the FPS counter on the screen.

By the way, of course you won't have tearing with V-sync on because V-sync counteracts tearing.  That's its main goal.

Posted (edited)

Question for people with radiators on top of their PC cases.  Do you have your fans setup to exhaust air out through the radiator?

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

And here i come with my AMD configuration

CPU: FX-6300 OC to 4,7 GHz

GPU; R9 290

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

Running the game on SSD

Settings maxed out without High end mode 1080p = 55-100 fps outside and 20-40 in Calpheon city. Changing settings to low is not changing fps in towns for me. Really really really bad optimization and this game hates AMD.

Um no. AMD's CPU's aren't powerful....That is the issue.

Posted (edited)

Um no. AMD's CPU's aren't powerful....That is the issue.

Its enough powerful for other games to get them on 60fps + on best settings 1080. Poor optimization makes them look like shie7. In the new games like Battlefield 1, Doom, Deus Ex  with dx 12 i get 75+ stable. So dont talk about power

Edited by Zippaks

Posted

Its enough powerful for other games to get them on 60fps + on best settings 1080. Poor optimization makes them look like shie7. In the new games like Battlefield 1, Doom, Deus Ex  with dx 12 i get 75+ stable. So dont talk about power

You clearly have no idea how gaming works so l2PC then come back to me.

Posted

I play on both kr and NA and fotr whatever reason kr runs better with higher fps :/ I've a 980