• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which awakening is your favorite?

Which awakening is your favorite?   63 votes

1. 1. Which awakening is your favorite?

• Witch
    • Wizard
    • Don't care, I'll play both classes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I personally prefer Witch's awakening, but those water spells are extremely cool :D

Posted

i struggle with getting into character playing female characters for some reason. but lightning is way awesome. ... but yea i think the wiz is flashier.

Posted (edited)

Too soon. We don't even know if wiz has both block and grab. I'll reserve any further opinions till i see gameplay or an update to the kr skill tree builder. 

edit: ok, I've seen a little pve gameplay and the skill tree for wizards, and i like the witch more based off first impression. i may be bias cuz I'm already too invested in my witch.

Overall, i love the fire and water effects of the wizards spells, but the actual cc's and aoe types of the witch are more my style. That said, the differences between them are not even that great, the only real difference is block vs grab and i also prefer block over grab, because grab seems only great in pvp as maybe a potential counter attack. using grab offensively (eg: running up to a blocking ninja) sounds like a bad idea imo. The block may be useless if i fight a guy with 300ap but if nothing else i can still enjoy the block for pve. 

Edited by Kryaix
No longer too soon

Posted

I like the water spells of the wizard but I love the finger snap of the witch.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think this is a case of whichever one was released last is more likely to receive votes.  New is better because once people get used to something it wont seem as flashy.

Posted

Muscle wizard is alright, but witch seems better overall.

Posted (edited)

Muscle wizard is alright, but witch seems better overall.

Well the 200% on Witch is utterly terrible; her 100 does way more damage than her 200 and takes like 1/10 the time to cast. At least Wizard doesn't just sit there charging up for 10 seconds, and it actually has CC for the full duration too so it seems like it could actually be usable.

Edited by Zephan

Posted (edited)

Well the 200% on Witch is utterly terrible; her 100 does way more damage than her 200 and takes like 1/10 the time to cast. At least Wizard doesn't just sit there charging up for 10 seconds, and it actually has CC for the full duration too so it seems like it could actually be usable.

Reminder you won't use you 200%, ever, unless they add black spirit energy rings, and belts.

Edited by Nyavenger

Posted

Reminder you won't use you 200%, ever, unless they add black spirit energy rings, and belts.

True, but you posted a video of it. :P

Posted (edited)

True, but you posted a video of it. :P

If you checked the channel on which it was posted on, you would've noticed there are also other skill videos uploaded.

Edited by Nyavenger

Posted

I was making a side by side comparison of witch and wiz earlier and was going to post it buuut then I saw another post with some changes made to witch and was just like "meh, not worth to post this now" anyway, it doesn't seem like wiz is better than witch, honestly but it doesn't seem like witch is better than wiz either. After looking over both the skill sets and videos and streams...it honestly comes down to how you wanna play the characters and whats more important to you. Both characters will offer advantages, the only major one is a Block or a Grapple...even over all damage potential, buffs and debuffs are comparable (within slight margins). 

Posted

If you checked the channel on which it was posted on, you would've noticed there are also other skill videos uploaded.

It shows like 4 skills, two of which are rages, and skill previews are available for all skills on http://form1ca.ru/media/bdo/calc/calc_31wizard.html.

I was making a side by side comparison of witch and wiz earlier and was going to post it buuut then I saw another post with some changes made to witch and was just like "meh, not worth to post this now" anyway, it doesn't seem like wiz is better than witch, honestly but it doesn't seem like witch is better than wiz either. After looking over both the skill sets and videos and streams...it honestly comes down to how you wanna play the characters and whats more important to you. Both characters will offer advantages, the only major one is a Block or a Grapple...even over all damage potential, buffs and debuffs are comparable (within slight margins). 

Hah, I did the same thing. The short version is that they're largely the same, sort of like Ninja vs Kunoichi; block vs grab, Water Jail vs Wave Crack, Fire Punch vs Balance Collapse. The rest are only minor differences, such as a slow one one version and not on the other, differing CC, or a bit higher damage. The specific numbers are still in flux of course, so comparing them isn't really relevant, but the overall mechanics are unlikely to change and I really like Wizard's more offensive playstyle, with the dash from Fire Falcon PUNCH, the consistent CC of the Water Jailnado and the grab. Sucks not having a block, but oh well.

Posted

Yeah, witch has a block, and a couple skills have shorter cooldowns. Wizard has a tad more mobility and a grab. It seems more than anything to be playstyle, but in the end how each awakening fairs will shake out as people figure out how best to use the new skills, and that's before they work on balancing now that awakenings are here. While I personally prefer the wizard awakening I can understand people preferring witch, and I don't really get why people are freaking out. 

2 people like this

Posted

We have to keep in mind that block is useless against grab plus vs high ap chars is gonna deplete in mere seconds.Another thing I noticed is that witch's skills push away enemies while wizard's pull them in (correct me if I am wrong).Right now I am so disappointed about witch awakening and confused at the same time cause I dont know if it worth the time and the investment...

Posted

Witch awakening is your favourite?

Posted (edited)

I am still conflicted but one good thing about wiz from a "roleplay" perspective is that wiz gets access to more elements total as far as spells they can use since witch has no water spells and both wiz/witch have some lightning skills lol.

Edited by Beld

Posted

It shows like 4 skills, two of which are rages, and skill previews are available for all skills on http://form1ca.ru/media/bdo/calc/calc_31wizard.html.

Except that if you looked at which time I posted it, you'd notice this wasn't available yet.

Posted

Fire Punch is huge. It's a movement spell forward with good damage and forward block with stun/stiffness on hit on a 6 second cool down fully ranked. That's something that's been missing from from the witch/wizard kit forever and wizards get it

Posted

I am still conflicted but one good thing about wiz from a "roleplay" perspective is that wiz gets access to more elements total as far as spells they can use since witch has no water spells and both wiz/witch have some lightning skills lol.

Technically...they both have water spells...the wiz just has more now...All of your ice spells....its just frozen H20 bro. 

Posted (edited)

Except that if you looked at which time I posted it, you'd notice this wasn't available yet.

It actually was, but it's fine. Some of the pages don't update automatically to the new split Witch/Wizard if you already had them cached, so there's no link available if, for example, you had the old one bookmarked and just went straight there, at least until clearing your cache and/or going to a different class' page that wasn't cached to begin with.

Edited by Zephan

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0