• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Please check this dude

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Umm hi, Zuestrah here in game...not a ranger at all, though I do have one that I've just not leveled. Anyway...so there's a discussion going on in the witch/wiz section. Talking about what would be more desirable a block or a grapple...Apparently some people seem to think that a grapple would just make us super effective against this class or any class I guess. To illustrate that point, said individual links a video of a Ranger, that supposedly has 230 AP V.S a (I think)  awakened Maewha??? He uses the video to show that blocks are useless. My stance is, well any block is going to be useless against 230 AP unless you have some extreme amount of DP and even then but I also stated that a grab wouldn't be very effective either because by the time you were able to grab a ranger with that much AP, they'd have already cartwheeled/skipped/danced around you while showering you with arrows of death. My point was that the video he used was biased. It depicted a Ranger (230 AP) VS Melee class and that grab or no grab, they would have been doomed. 

You can find the whole thread here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/115446-block-or-grapple-with-video/#comment-1583575

But here are some excerpts -

DDope:

"Block is complete shit once you are fighting people with 230+ AP. They will go through your block in 1 attack and kill you at the same time with it. Grab>Block."

And this is the video he linked : https://youtu.be/I-i-dtNC4YY

But this is the comment that made me laugh and really question if we were playing the same game: 

DDope: 

"are you dumb or something? how is a ranger going to Q spam away if you teleport into him and insta grab him? since most rangers have the reaction time of a dead fish it will be easy kill."

Now, I'm not trying to be biased, you can look at my profile or the thread to see what my comments were but I just want an honest opinion from the class thats being referenced. What do you guys think?

Posted (edited)

Umm hi, Zuestrah here in game...not a ranger at all, though I do have one that I've just not leveled. Anyway...so there's a discussion going on in the witch/wiz section. Talking about what would be more desirable a block or a grapple...Apparently some people seem to think that a grapple would just make us super effective against this class or any class I guess. To illustrate that point, said individual links a video of a Ranger, that supposedly has 230 AP V.S a (I think)  awakened Maewha??? He uses the video to show that blocks are useless. My stance is, well any block is going to be useless against 230 AP unless you have some extreme amount of DP and even then but I also stated that a grab wouldn't be very effective either because by the time you were able to grab a ranger with that much AP, they'd have already cartwheeled/skipped/danced around you while showering you with arrows of death. My point was that the video he used was biased. It depicted a Ranger (230 AP) VS Melee class and that grab or no grab, they would have been doomed. 

You can find the whole thread here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/115446-block-or-grapple-with-video/#comment-1583575

But here are some excerpts -

DDope:

"Block is complete shit once you are fighting people with 230+ AP. They will go through your block in 1 attack and kill you at the same time with it. Grab>Block."

And this is the video he linked : https://youtu.be/I-i-dtNC4YY

But this is the comment that made me laugh and really question if we were playing the same game: 

DDope: 

"are you dumb or something? how is a ranger going to Q spam away if you teleport into him and insta grab him? since most rangers have the reaction time of a dead fish it will be easy kill."

Now, I'm not trying to be biased, you can look at my profile or the thread to see what my comments were but I just want an honest opinion from the class thats being referenced. What do you guys think?

The only reference I can give you for this is a test done some guildies since I am only at 191 AP, and I sure as hell don't eat through blocks. We had a valk return yesterday after not playing for 3 months and with 250 DP it took me around 8-9 shotguns to break block. Our highest AP ranger has ~215 AP, with TRI Bhegs and TET Kzarka. Our guildmaster is a warrior with ~345 DP in his DP set. Apparently it takes her about 5-6 shotguns from point blank range to break his block. Now this was a test done with two people who are super high when it comes to AP and DP value, but I don't think that the jump to 230 AP would make enough of a difference to one shot his block. The vast majority of players, Rangers included, will never get anywhere near 230 AP and most will probably never break 200 so for now and in the future a block would still be useful and there should be no worry about being one shot. When it comes to the ability to kill a Ranger, the grapple would likely help way more. The key to killing any Ranger is to simply CC us, once we are CCed, we are extremely easy to kill compared to almost any other class since a large majority of us Min/Max AP to the point that our tanky-ness is pretty shit generally speaking when compared to other classes.

My own opinion overall is that as nice as it would be for you it doesn't really make sense logically to me for a wiz/witch to have a block in the first place considering the awakening weapon appears to be two balls, which logically doesn't seem like something that could block -----all. Just my two cents on that.

Edit: Also when he is referring to the dead fish reaction times, I feel like that applies to most players in general but it is pretty exaggerated on Rangers thanks to our "I-frame" being complete dogshit that we will get grappled or stunned during anyways.

Edit Edit: Also while our Q-cancel is fantastic for running away/chasing it absolutely eats through both our mana and stamina. If there is someone fairly mobile following us (musa/maehwa/someone with speed buffs) we can't always completely get away from the fight and if we have to stop because of using all of our resources, we are absolutely -----ed with no mana/stamina.

Edit Edit Edit: I watched the video linked in that thread, and unless I'm reading it wrong that Ranger had 270AP. It's kinda ridiculous to base how much damage is done on that video, especially considering the highest AP I've ever seen someone post on the Ranger thread dedicated to showing off your gear is 228. That guy only got there with two TRI witch, two TRI crescent, TRI tree belt, DUO ogre, TET Zarka, and a TRI Steel Dagger. People with gear like that are nowhere near the norm.

Edited by Sapphiron Bjartskular
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The only reference I can give you for this is that from some guildies. Our highest AP ranger has ~215AP, with TRI Bhegs and TET Kzarka. Our guildmaster is a warrior with ~345 DP in his DP set. Apparently it takes her about 5-6 shotguns from point blank range to break his block. Now this was a test done with two people who are super high when it comes to AP and DP value, but I don't think that the jump to 230AP would make enough of a difference to one shot his block. The vast majority of players, Rangers included, will never get anywhere near 230AP and most will probably never break 200 so for now and in the future a block would still be useful and there should be no worry about being one shot. When it comes to the ability to kill a Ranger, the grapple would likely help way more. The key to killing any Ranger is to simply CC us, once we are CCed, we are extremely easy to kill compared to almost any other class since a large majority of us Min/Max AP to the point that our tanky-ness is pretty shit generally speaking when compared to other classes.

My own opinion overall is that as nice as it would be for you it doesn't really make sense logically to me for a wiz/witch to have a block in the first place considering the awakening weapon appears to be two balls, which logically doesn't seem like something that could block -----all. Just my two cents on that.

Edit: Also when he is referring to the dead fish reaction times, I feel like that applies to most players in general but it is pretty exaggerated on Rangers thanks to our "I-frame" being complete dogshit that we will get grappled or stunned during anyways.

Yeah. I was mostly just flabbergasted by his statement. I have quite a few good rangers in my guild and I've seen a lot of good ones as well. Bow User is one of the best I've seen, grapple or not, it would be really hard to kill someone given that wizs/witches don't have the kind of forward movement ability that warriors have with their blocks and dashes. So I don't think it would give us this big edge versus having just a block. I've never met a ranger, a good one, who was afraid they couldn't beat a wiz/witch and I don't think a grapple or a block is going to change that. Not saying the ranger will always win but they aren't going to be dumpstered either the way this guy makes it seem.

As far as logic goes --_-- lol not much in this game is logical.  

Also, thank you for your input. I appreciate the feedback.

Edited by HeroUnknown

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0