• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

imperial alchemy fail?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Alright so Im artisan alchemist, i farmed lets say half of the ingredients to make the 525k for artisan alchemy, it asks for 25 Elixir of Carnage, and they sell for 35k on my server and the npc buys them for 525k so if i sold them on market i woulda get 875k and to npc its 525, can someone explain me the logic behind this? because i dont get it, Im pretty sure if i sum up all the materials to make a elixir of carnage i would actually be getting more money just by selling the mats..

edit: made some quick math if i sell oil of corruption id make millions instead of wasting them on the elixir of carnage...wtf

any help is appreciated thx

Posted

I consider Imperial Alchemy more as a tool for grinding exp and contribution than a way to make money.

The higher tier elixirs give a massive amount more exp per craft than the more basic stuff, imperial alchemy allows you to craft and dump them in massive quantities.

You only end up with a small profit per elixir but your selling them by the 1000's.

You also are generating lots of extra turn in items from all the additional crafting required for these elixirs.

35k is only 22,750 after tax for those without a value pack compared to 21k from the imperial box which give you an instant return on your money.

Posted

edit: made some quick math if i sell oil of corruption id make millions instead of wasting them on the elixir of carnage...wtf

Make sure to factor in the procs and multiple returns you may get. :) Some of the elixirs are really lame to make with what ingredients they ask for though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Check mats for each of them and see which one you can make a profit with, without having to compete with thousands of them on market and counting the cut you get even if you do sell them in some reasonable time. Not all of them are profitable. Be smart.

Posted

Point is, the market will NOT and is NOT able to digest that VOLUME of trade. Usually, people buy stuff that are useful to them, mostly combat-related like +AP,+crit,+att speed and most important +EXP. It is often that the imperial items are useless or at least NOT popular unlike Balenos Special or Milk Tea or Experience Elixir.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0