• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Territory Funds. Making the strong stronger?

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

While everyone is to busy crying and whining like little children over the stupidest shi*t no one has bothered to bring up this little gem?:

• Public Safety System has been added to each territory.

∙ When a Lord withdraws the territory tax, it excludes Public Safety expense.

∙ If a guild stays as the conqueror of a territory for 2 weeks or longer, the public becomes safer, and results in a reduction of the Public Safety expenses.

∙Public Safety expense is 50% of Territorial Tax, the longer a guild stays in control, the     lower the expense goes, in the following order.  50%/40%/30%/10%/0%.

∙ If another guild takes over the territory, the public becomes anxious, and the Public Safety Expense goes back up to 50% and the process starts anew

So if a guild takes control of a territory they only get half the funds? But the longer they hold it the less they lose. 

Another bass ackwards change that serves what purpose other then making the stronger guilds richer?

Edited by TrullsRohk

Posted

Man they manage to hold the territory of course they should get the rewards from it

3 people like this

Posted

Just like in the real world. What's wrong with it? More immersion.

Posted (edited)

Is that what this means? If so, unfortunately that would mean that people carving up the map and splitting territories among eachother will be even more likely.

Edited by Solemnace

Posted

Man they manage to hold the territory of course they should get the rewards from it

Posted

While everyone is to busy crying and whining like little children over the stupidest shi*t no one has bothered to bring up this little gem?:

∙ If a guild stays as the conqueror of a territory for 2 weeks or longer, the public becomes safer, and results in a reduction of the Public Safety expenses.

∙Public Safety expense is 50% of Territorial Tax, the longer a guild stays in control, the     lower the expense goes, in the following order.  50%/40%/30%/10%/0%.

∙ If another guild takes over the territory, the public becomes anxious, and the Public Safety Expense goes back up to 50% and the process starts anew

So if a guild takes control of a territory they only get half the funds? But the longer they hold it the less they lose. 

Another bass ackwards change that serves what purpose other then making the stronger guilds richer?

They deserve it for keeping the territory. Not their fault your guild sucks and can't get 1

Posted

With the amount of new players / players geared enough for pvp in every server... I bet they will be able to get 100 millions a week salaries soon for each member...

Posted (edited)

Haven't yet gotten that much into node taxes and stuff, but does that not mean that the guild will get more funds the longer they hold the territory? node? I say that without having any knowledge of the details, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Say that your guild gets a territory node. You then have to pay 50% of the winnings from the territory node to keep the people safe, and then next week - if you manage to defend - you only have to pay 40% and so forth, meaning an increase in revenue. As the taxes fall the pay goes up. ?

So if you get 300 mil when you win. Then taxes are put on, so you get 150 mil.. and then after you've held it long enough to go to 0% tax, you get 300 mil. 

Might not be correct, I am literally just guessing.

Edit: Said node, was supposed to be territory, lol.

Edited by Jucchan

Posted

Haven't yet gotten that much into node taxes and stuff, but does that not mean that the guild will get more funds the longer they hold the node? I say that without having any knowledge of the details, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Say that your guild gets a node. You then have to pay 50% of the winnings from the node to keep the people safe, and then next week - if you manage to defend - you only have to pay 40% and so forth, meaning an increase in revenue. As the taxes fall the pay goes up. ?

So if you get 300 mil when you win. Then taxes are put on, so you get 150 mil.. and then after you've held it long enough to go to 0% tax, you get 300 mil. 

It's more like they get 1-2b, and now they get half that at first, but yeah that would be the gist. 

Posted (edited)

That is in fact one of the best fixes they made. Maybe for the first time I have to say Kakao made something good in this game. As to keep and protect your territory now has consequences.

Edited by Ikcen
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's more like they get 1-2b, and now they get half that at first, but yeah that would be the gist. 

Holy... but alright 'xD So then - speaking from the guilds point of view - it would be a good thing (Unlike what OP thinks), right? 

Edit: Holding it for longer is a good thing.

Edited by Jucchan

Posted

Haven't yet gotten that much into node taxes and stuff, but does that not mean that the guild will get more funds the longer they hold the node? I say that without having any knowledge of the details, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Say that your guild gets a node. You then have to pay 50% of the winnings from the node to keep the people safe, and then next week - if you manage to defend - you only have to pay 40% and so forth, meaning an increase in revenue. As the taxes fall the pay goes up. ?

Correct but its for the territory wars. Not for the node wars.

So if a guild manages to take a castle they only get half the taxes for that week. Which, correct me if im wrong, is about the same as two t3 nodes. 

I cant imagine this doing anything but discouraging guilds for even bothering to get involved in territory wars. Leaving the top guilds entrenched where they're at. 

Posted

So if a guild manages to take a castle they only get half the taxes for that week. Which, correct me if im wrong, is about the same as two t3 nodes. 

I cant imagine this doing anything but discouraging guilds for even bothering to get involved in territory wars. Leaving the top guilds entrenched where they're at. 

Right, of course. 

Posted (edited)

I think it is for all kinds of territories, including the nodes. It just poorly translated.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Well, that's one side of it, but also the fact that now the top guilds will want to hold their territories and won't often risk losing them to attack eachother.. So an even more stagnant endgame pvp scene is likely. 

Posted

I think it is for all kinds of territories, including the nodes.

Na. It specifically mentions Lords, territories, and public relations. All of that is strictly the weekly territory war. 

Posted

That is in fact one of the best fixes they made. Maybe for the first time I have to say Kakao made something good in this game. As to keep and protect your territory now have consequences.

Don't you mean that it now has benefits to keep and protect your territory? Because with the way it will work now with that system the longer a guild holds a territory the more they will get from it.

Posted

I think it is for all kinds of territories, including the nodes. It just poor translated.

No. Territories =/= nodes, and node owners =/= lords.

Posted

That is in fact one of the best fixes they made. Maybe for the first time I have to say Kakao made something good in this game. As to keep and protect your territory now has consequences.

I agree with this completely. This + removal of thorns balling = a win for sieges/node wars. Super excited about this one!

Posted (edited)

Don't you mean that it now has benefits to keep and protect your territory? Because with the way it will work now with that system the longer a guild holds a territory the more they will get from it.

Indeed. As until that change if you lose one, but take another, nothing changes in fact.

No. Territories =/= nodes, and node owners =/= lords.

As I said I think it is poorly translated.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

This makes sense to me , so idk.

Posted (edited)

Wait, you`re mad because people are rewarded for winning and for their work?

Man, you should break up with that friend of yours, the wall, because you really -----ed up your head when you guys did a head bump.

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted

Wait, your mad because people are rewarded for winning and for their work?

Man, you should break up with that friend of yours, the wall, because you really -----ed up your head when you guys did a head bump.

I agree, but just do not use the word work :)

Posted (edited)

They first implemented this in KR in order to give disadvantages to big alliances that is doing castleswapping.

Currently in KR, 4 of strongest guilds are allied and castleswapping etc, this alliance is called 극강

There's another alliance claiming to be anti-극강(반극강), formed of weaker but many more guilds.

However this anti-alliance isn't managing to win against this strong guilds alliance.

It's pretty much why this game isn't offering alliance system officially.

PA is constantly trying to come up with a way that alliances won't work, but well... PA's attempts are not successful so far.

This tax change is another attempt.

Another one would be that they blocked players joining guilds which is attending siege before 2 hours siege start.

This was because this strong alliances would make key pvp players leave their guild day before siege

and join guild which hold region with biggest competition(most forts built).

2 hours before siege means there's at least 1 hour before they can confirm how many forts are built in each region, so they have to somewhat risk when making key pvp players join the guild.

PA's intention looks pretty clear, they don't want alliances to form and they rather want each guild to play with their own power, playing at their level.

Edited by Shumie
4 people like this

Posted

They first implemented this in KR in order to give disadvantages to big alliances that does castleswapping.

Currently in KR, 4 of strongest guilds are allied and castleswapping etc, this alliance is called 극강

There's another alliance claiming to be anti-극강, formed of weaker but many more guilds.

Still, they lose against this strong alliance.

This is because the nonexistent class, level and gear balance :)