• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Thank You To the Staff

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know it is seldom said, and a lot of us can get on your nerves sometimes....

But thank you.

This patch contained a very LARGE amount of updates. After reading over the patch notes, I can see that there was a lot of work put into this patch, and a lot of long hours. Having been a patch tester at a previous company, I know the headaches you go through with this many notes., I noticed there were several updates involving several complaints and wishes I have been reading throughout the forums for the past month.

So when you find yourself throughout the day, melancholy and dismayed that you aren't making a difference, or find yourself wondering "do i like my job".....just know, that there *are* gamers out here whom appreciate the hard work you put in.

With respect & Many thanks.

Edited by Andaro
23 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah it all went so smoothly. Could your nose be more brown?

OP says nothing about it being smooth, just saying thanks for the ending result.

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OP says nothing about it being smooth, just saying thanks for the ending result.

You mean with most things still broken?

Edited by Tekeii
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You mean with most things still broken?

If OP is satisfied with the result, then that is all that matters, as this is his thread.

Edited by Catclaw
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Think he is just acknowledging that it takes work to keep the game updated, and accepting that sometimes in any facet of business, play or life, things don't always go right, but that doesn't negate the fact that effort was made to ensure it went RIGHT.

Edited by Ryukenwulf
3 people like this

Posted

Whilst the nose is quiet brown in this one, put your damn pitchforks away, not every thread has to be about tearing down any positivity aimed toward the game/publisher.

OP, normally people praise others for a job well done, botching a delivery is not praise worthy.  But I get where you are coming from, this is still however their job, reward comes in the form of paychecks they receive at the end of their day.  It's good that the issues were eventually resolved and compensation was distributed, so we can thank them for that.

2 people like this

Posted

well in patch note, they were saying we dont have to wait 10 mins anymore for imperial trade and.... we still have to wait :D

Posted

The main problem with yesterdays debacle was that it took literally 3 seconds of logging in to notice half of the bugs. Which indicates that no such action was taken on behalf of either Pearl Abyss OR Kakao KR OR Kakao EU after the server/client was patched, which is really mindboggling.

GM_Dew deserves all the praise in the world for his walkthrough of the emergency patch though, that truly was quality communication and I'd like to thank him at least, as well as the people who were still around to work on the emergency patch in the shadows.

2 people like this

Posted

They get paid.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's very evident they don't give a ----- about the EU/NA playerbase! 

They just see us as Kash Kaos

Posted (edited)

Items disappearing from inventory, tons of things advertised in patch notes not working, trade xp totally destroyed (prepatch 30k boxes up to master 2, now 30k boxes won't take you from pro 1 to pro 3)... And many other issues that we have not found yet. All this after a 13 hours maintenance period...

And the most important, not a single word from Kashkao employees about these matters once they somehow managed to bring up the servers... Somehow cause dsync is brutal, lag and disconnections happen very often.

A really good work, oh yeah...

Edited by crosspath

Posted

After reading over the patch notes, I can see that there was a lot of work put into this patch, and a lot of long hours.

After reading the patch notes I felt like you.

Then I logged in and start wondering why I still read patchnotes.

1 person likes this

Posted

The main problem with yesterdays debacle was that it took literally 3 seconds of logging in to notice half of the bugs. Which indicates that no such action was taken on behalf of either Pearl Abyss OR Kakao KR OR Kakao EU after the server/client was patched, which is really mindboggling.

GM_Dew deserves all the praise in the world for his walkthrough of the emergency patch though, that truly was quality communication and I'd like to thank him at least, as well as the people who were still around to work on the emergency patch in the shadows.

I will let her know what you said! :x

Dew and I genuinely took the time in responding to your threads and kept you updated about the patch issues. Our CMs also worked hard to provide you with official updates on the patch as well as reported the issues to get them fixed asap! Our team as a whole did their best in updating you and making sure you were compensated as a mistake on our side, we all care for our players. 

So when you find yourself throughout the day, melancholy and dismayed that you aren't making a difference, or find yourself wondering "do i like my job".....just know, that there *are* gamers out here whom appreciate the hard work you put in.

With respect & Many thanks.

Thank you Andaro!  Your kind words truly made my day, I will share your thread with the BDO team so they can smile as much as I did. :D 

2 people like this

Posted

Thank you for the kind words. :x

Best regards,
GM Dew

3 people like this

Posted

I will let her know what you said! :x

Dew and I genuinely took the time in responding to your threads and kept you updated about the patch issues. Our CMs also worked hard to provide you with official updates on the patch as well as reported the issues to get them fixed asap! Our team as a whole did their best in updating you and making sure you were compensated as a mistake on our side, we all care for our players. 

Cant believe I forgot about you, but thank you to you as well, the communication during the emergency patch was very much appreciated ^_^

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

GM_Dew should become the ultimate face moderator by announcing red nose has been taken out of the attendance box. 

Edited by Kyungri
3 people like this

Posted

Cant believe I forgot about you, but thank you to you as well, the communication during the emergency patch was very much appreciated ^_^

haha it is okay, Dew DID do the majority of the communicating with you guys on the forums. I just think my comments were lost in the sea of other comments! ^_^ 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ranger got their awakening and plum/blader got destroyed.... 

Posted

Good job everybody. Congrats on the smooth patch without any major bugs!

mission%20accomplished%20banner%20234234

2 people like this

Posted

Above poster contributes nothing to thread and pretends to make a point.

Posted (edited)

Man you forgot this, something fun is coming xDDDD     

• A new accessory “Serap’s Necklace” added
      ∙ Basic Boosts: AP +9, Max HP + 50

∙ Every successful Enhancement increases AP by 4

Then the necklace has 8 AP. This info was even in the database...

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/11628/#0|undefined

Good job guys, nice to see you around in useless topics... Keep the good work doing whatever you do, if you do anything...

Edited by crosspath

Posted

Good job everybody. Congrats on the smooth patch without any major bugs!

All above topics have either been replied to or forwarded to our QA team / developer team.

Man you forgot this, something fun is coming xDDDD     

• A new accessory “Serap’s Necklace” added
      ∙ Basic Boosts: AP +9, Max HP + 50

∙ Every successful Enhancement increases AP by 4

Then the necklace has 8 AP. This info was even in the database...

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/11628/#0|undefined

Good job guys, nice to see you around in useless topics... Keep the good work doing whatever you do, if you do anything...

Forwarded this to our CMs. It might just be a typo in the patch notes.

Best regards,
GM Dew

1 person likes this

Posted

All above topics have either been replied to or forwarded to our QA team / developer team.

Thank you for the response, Dew.

I hope that you can appreciate that even a response or an update without any answers is preferred to silence.

Posted

I wonder what would be the game status if players would not be reporting all the issues... Probably would end getting hunting experience while gathering mushrooms...

Seems that Kakao does not have a clue of anything they release, and this mess is happening even after deciding to release awakenings in a 5 months period, and with all the content ready months in advance for testing...

Really, really, really, really unprofessional company.

Posted (edited)

Honestly, OP has a point. The toxicity in these forums is just ridiculous, and any positive notes get crushed.

They were adding a massive patch, and anyone who thinks these things will go on without a hitch is completely naive. Our patches also aren't exactly the same as KR as well, there's lots that can unexpectedly conflict and break when different content is added at different times.

So QA may have dropped the ball. The patch didn't work, and everything blew up. Oh well, it happens. They promptly extended maintenance as they should. Some Europeans missed out on an evening of gaming and that kind of sucks, but does it matter? No. If anyone was concerned about losing a day of value pack, they gained an additional 7 as compensation.

Unlike a lot of times in the past, the communication was outstanding this time, so no problem there either. In the end, there was still an issue, but they dealt with it properly. I thank them for that, as well as for the new content and fixes. There will always be many bugs, and there will always eventually be fixes. Welcome to software.

Edited by Kuruumi
2 people like this