• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So this is how I will be gaming on BDO

85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Come on then lets see your sweet set up's ready for BDO.

I'll start with my sorta home cinema which I game in: 

In the picture attached:

The projected picture on that wall is 120 inches. (yeah I know it's Neverwinter, play this with the Mrs on occasion when she isn't busy with her Degree or our home business)

The monitor to the right is around 27inch.

Below is my 55 inch Panasonic that I use also when doing graphic design work.

All screens are powered by this:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/6gb-evga-gtx-980-ti-scplus-gaming-acx-20plus-pcie-30-7010mhz-gddr5-gpu-1102mhz-boost-1190mhz-cores-2

My system specs are:

CPU: [ Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 - 2500k 3,30GHz O.C'd to 4,49Ghz] 

GPU [ Nvidia EVGA Superclocked SC 980Ti 6gb GDDR5 with backplate and ACX 2.0+ cooler O.C'd > : Core @ 1,204 MHZ / Memory @ 1,807 MHZ ] 

RAM [8 Gig Muskin DDR3 @ 667MHZ] 

MoBo [MSI P67A-G45 (MS-7673 military grade) ] 

OS [64-bit Windows 8.1 (MS- 7673)] 

SCREENS: [ 1. Panasonic VIERA TC-P55GT50 55-Inch Plasma 3D/TV 2. Optoma HD300X 1080p 3D projector 3. Asus VE278Q 27inch Monitor ] 

3D Mark: FIRE STRIKE 1.1 SCORE: 14129* 

*with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti(1x) and Intel Core i5-2500K Processor 

This is my PC case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146068

:)

12553108_10156452698790472_7595091996242885836_n.jpg

Edited by Silentnigh7

Posted

This is the only set up I need!

dew_Halo4_10.12.jpg

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hmmm Win 8.1? Only 8GB RAM (and even Muskin...)?

Other than that, damn nice setup you have there.

Edited by KouDy

Posted

Sweet set up! recliner chair included?

Posted

Building computers this is rarely something to get exited about,. Technology aside my best friends at gaming time are, water, coffee, scones, mexican food. Other things of note, best when the wifey and kids are afk.

Posted

Building computers this is rarely something to get exited about,....

Still cool to see what people can come up with though... 

Posted

8GB ram is still fine for gaming

Posted (edited)

Windows 10 I've tried twice and come back to 8 each time. I know some people have a really nice experience with it, but for some people with multi monitor set ups on latest drivers it's a real nightmare.

I'll try it again soon.

The 8 gig will very soon be 16 or perhaps 32, but I'm contemplating a full upgrade for VR in the upcoming months so will probably different ram for new Mobo anyway. :) 

Edited by Silentnigh7

Posted (edited)

Windows 10 I've tried twice and come back to 8 each time. I know some people have a really nice experience with it, but for some people with multi monitor set ups on latest drivers it's a real nightmare.

I'll try it again soon.

The 8 gig will very soon be 16 or perhaps 32, but I'm contemplating a full upgrade for VR in the upcoming months. :) 

Can't comment on VR, but for gaming 16 gigs is more than enough so unless you like to just go max you can save yourself some bucks and stop at 16.

edit: Rather the better way to put it is I'd recommend getting a high quality 8x2 kit instead of going for 32s... like put the money towards quality over the quantity.

Edited by Huntler

Posted

I only need coffee, lots and lots of coffee !

Posted

Sweet set up! recliner chair included?

Well I have a full leather coach and a leather ...puff thing for my feet.

Which my cat mostly hogs :(

1794563_10154774686935472_3869126420226025232_n.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Only downside is that gaming on a huge screen makes you need to move your eyes a ton more, so you can miss things going on at the edges of your screen. With BDOs enormous amount of UI crap going on, it might be a bit hard to keep track of. I play on a 50" Plasma tv from my couch, and depending on the game, I have issues occasionally. Yours is almost 3 times as large :P

Posted

BeerEverywhere_grande.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Well here is my comfy chair...keeps me happy.

20160211_132234.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Well I have a full leather coach and a leather ...puff thing for my feet.

Which my cat mostly hogs :(

1794563_10154774686935472_3869126420226025232_n.jpg

Why is it that cats ALWAYS look so damn comfy. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Only downside is that gaming on a huge screen makes you need to move your eyes a ton more, so you can miss things going on at the edges of your screen. With BDOs enormous amount of UI crap going on, it might be a bit hard to keep track of. I play on a 50" Plasma tv from my couch, and depending on the game, I have issues occasionally. Yours is almost 3 times as large :P

I've distanced myself just enough so that it's not too bad. I always game on the projector and I'm used to fps and fast moving games etc on it too, along with 3D.

Been using this projector for just over 3 years, hard to game on smaller screens now really.

Xcom 2 on a projector is sublime!

Posted

Well here is my comfy chair...keeps me happy.

+1 DXracer user here as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Towers for PC's are so old now. Get a Cube or a server case. so much better airflow and room.

Posted (edited)

Towers for PC's are so old now. Get a Cube or a server case. so much better airflow and room.

That's quite an odd reply. 

Think you'll find towers are still very much the main stay for a lot of users mate. In the 10 or so PC building groups i'm in on FB alone, never mind the websites, everyone's ultra build has a tower most of the time, unless they have done one of those table builds.

Edited by Silentnigh7
2 people like this

Posted

Smaller case with planned airflow is better than big towers imo. Big towers are for servers or some more or less really crazy builds. Edge of market really and not worth for vast majority of the people. Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl here. No chance of utilizing that space inside. It's better to have your storage out of your PC. So what do you need? 2 SSD and one regular HDD? Just my way of thinking of it really.

Posted

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXIqS1ca4O1Ed6N7-gDQ0sepai pls

3 people like this

Posted

2-3 hour grind sessions with exercise in-between and healthy meals

Posted (edited)

I got a new tower built in September and I actually have a FD R4 BP as well @KouDy, I was able to fit in my essentials plus a low-end corsair liquid cooling system. Makes 4 fans in total, if I remember right (not at home atm). I've got 16gb RAM and 3 HDDs in there. I have a AMD Radeon R9 gpu... 

So, not top of the line, but works p well for me :0 also dat airflow.

p.s. my peripherals are as follows: Razer 2014 Naga MMO mouse, Steelseries V2 Frost (just arrived i am so excited to pick it up), 21" Samsung monitor, and a basic old logitech keyboard 8D

Edited by Iced Tea

Posted (edited)

bdo%20on%20IBM.jpg

Rockin it Old School...

etch-a-sketch.jpg

Edited by Fan Bing Bing
3 people like this

Posted

EWWWW YOUR PUNY COMPUTIER SETUPS.....I IS ON 4K YOUR COMPUTR BOWS TO ME!