• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

why the game are dying?

125 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys

I start the game since launch. but still a newbie:P.

I kept seeing negative feedback for this game. and some player say "the game are dying".

Seriously. I love this game.  the previous MMORPG I played is GW2

Compare these two: BDO is newer for sure graphic is better. However compare to similar age MMORPG BDO's graphic still the best.

Also I like the game keep having new stuff. new class, awakened weapon, new area, ride, etc. lots to play.

I don't know why people still complaint about.

Compare to GW2, no new class, and skill for 3 years.  and the expansion is worst i ever since. 

at this point the the BDO's developer more kind to players.

Maybe i haven't  spent too much time on it everyday. i still feel like lots to play. i can't even catch up the update. xD 

however BDO i do have few disappointing. 

the game don't have dungeon.

the gear system is not a fans of it. which still ok.

maintenance too often.

Edited by skyliner

Posted

The game is not dying; the forums are simply a cesspool of negativity and trolling.

40 people like this

Posted (edited)

Node wars are not to lively now a days . Generally it's slightly looking up but the game is still in decline and only still going because there is no other game to go to out there right now but there will be mid next year and that's wen a lot of our population is going to leave.

Edit: maintenance needs to be often and Im glad they do them.

Edited by N0tl0c

Posted

Image result for facepalm

2 people like this

Posted

The game is not dying; the forums are simply a cesspool of negativity and trolling.

i am not sure about the forums. but ever time BDO release update on FB, always saw negative feedback. :(

Posted

It's true that the game is not dead. I don't know that I would describe the negative feedback in the forum the same way as Catherine does. I would call it "Honest Reactions" to some truly questionable actions on the half of the developer.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its not dead, and its not dying. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Tera EU did a LOT worse than this.and i mean it, a LOT (right now its hard to believe even for me:D) and it is still running. U can still go there and have a bg, run a dungeon. That much for dying.

Game losing players is due to any mmo losing players, wow is dying too.

It could still do a lot better if #Daum would do less #fail.

Posted

I don't know why this game still haven't get into chinese's market. 

Posted

Can only do sausans and pirates for so many months  before the burnout sets in =D

1 person likes this

Posted

People are STILL GRINDING SAUSONS, EIGHT MONTHS AFTER LAUNCH..

That is why the game is struggling, horrific mismanagement and planning.

Only the white knights pretend the game is fine, and the company seems to think that they are the only game in town..

Crowfall persistent beta starts in about 3 weeks, BDO should make some rapid changes if they have any clue at all.

Posted

/thread

you know what, no...

/forums

Posted

Can only do sausans and pirates for so many months  before the burnout sets in =D

You can grind crescent, fogan, dungeons too. U just need to do it.

Only the white knights pretend the game is fine, and the company seems to think that they are the only game in town..

Crowfall persistent beta starts in about 3 weeks, BDO should make some rapid changes if they have any clue at all.

Same as above for you. If ur still grinding sausan your bad. U can go pirates, grind some manes rogues for money, some elric to grind up alts and you can go valencia. New rare drops make it more worthwhile to go there and xp is better than sausan and pirates so...ur wrong. 

Posted

Hi Guys

I kept seeing negative feedback for this game. and some player say "the game are dying".

Compare these two: BDO is newer for sure graphic is better. However compare to similar age MMORPG BDO's graphic still the best.

Also I like the game keep having new stuff. new class, awakened weapon, new area, ride, etc. lots to play.

Compare to GW2, no new class, and skill for 3 years.  and the expansion is worst i ever since. 

Maybe i haven't  spent too much time on it everyday. i still feel like lots to play. i can't even catch up the update. xD 

maintenance too often.

You can't compare GW2 offers varying types of gameplay within its game along with gear equalized sPvP and slightly gear oriented but not to the degree of BDO PvP in WvW which conviently is similar to node wars. BDO's devs are not kind the are merely providing things for players to use. Also in GW2 a player's class is not its only playstyle since as you know in GW2 there are multiple weapons the classes can use. 

Also the devs actually attempt to balance GW2 while BDO it sure doesn't feel like any attempts to balance the game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Game losing players is due to any mmo losing players, wow is dying too.

WoW pretty much gained most of the subscribers back that they lost in WoD for now. Judging by the population you see ingame WoW is probably on one of it's peak times when it comes to ingame population. Why is it that everytime I come back to these forums I see someone who obviously never played or has a clue about WoW talking shit about it? Infiority complex much.

Glad to see that this game is dying. With that shit management and a community full of whitwhiteknighting fanboys y'all earned it.

Edited by Reik

Posted

I do not believe the game is dead, nor dying. In fact, it has, predictably, a long road ahead of it, as its core community begins to settle in.

At some point in the future, the purchase gate will be removed (it usually is), and the free play door will open.

Old players will leave, and occasionally venture back. New players will join, then leave, then the same.

Just as every game that has been in service in the past 20 years, we too shall ride the ups and downs of the wave of gamers finding their nicht.

What does need to die, is the lawlessness on the forum. That will require a heavier handed moderation, and enforcement.

I'm not saying that the forums should smell like roses and tulip water, but they don't need to smell like the sewers of new jersey either.

6 people like this

Posted

the game IS fine, the problem is the players making stupid decisions. 

As far as crowfall...that game looks like a turd in a punchbowl...it wont affect our population much, especially since we still have a large amount of content coming.

Posted

Hi Guys

maintenance too often.

YES, DYING, KAKAO KILL THIS GAME.

Posted

the prophecy has been spoken, game is going to die late december 2016, you will see!

1 person likes this

Posted

Every MMO is dying the first day it is released. Even more so, most MMO's are dying before they are out of closed beta and/or released in the West.

I have yet to open the first MMO forum without seeing a "this game is dying" topic.
I've been playing MMO's that have been dying for years now, and they're still around (god forbid in some cases..)

A game is dead to you the day that you stop playing it yourself (or are forced to). Whether or not the game remains after you quit, is of no relevance.
So, as long as you play and get to play the game whilst having fun - it is alive.

I haven't played BDO for many months now, but just redownloaded the game yesterday and are planning to play again. Between then and now, it was dead - I just ressurected it again.

I say, live and let live - for now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Again someone with this crap: 'the game has no dungeon' 

.......... xD

Posted

Crowfall is going to be massively p2w and arguably already is with its buy in model. I give crowfall 2 months if that before people realize that its not as great as they expected and will probably move on. 

the game is really dying, ppl like u and auv  that never pvps making the server boring asf, got 2 shot by a tamer and  left Iconic after just to avoid pvp.

MAYBE there would be more pvp if most of the best geared players werent concentrated into 2-4 guilds lol. Its your guilds own fault for the current pvp situation on Orwen. 

Posted

I'm also keeping my eye on Crowfall, but my backer bracket won't let me in for a while, and I might just wait for the release, too.

Posted (edited)

Game is dying because of constant decisions that screw over the players who care about having a fair, fun and balanced game free of stupid pearl shop stuff that gives you major advantages in progression speed, promises not being held, awakening release schedule is a joke, server desync still not fixed almost 8 months after release (even made it worse with wednesdays patch, what a clownfest), they only care about making money, with not a grain of respect or even replies to player opinions, feedback, suggestions or complaints. Also constant amateur mistakes like wednesday's patch issues and now the trollnose box fiasco, it's pretty hilarious. Most of the people who still stick around do so because the game itself is still fun, and there simply isn't any better alternative MMO with similar game mechanics on the market right now.

Edited by Kazx
6 people like this

Posted

DO YOU KNOW CHEF?