• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

why the game are dying?

125 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

the game IS fine, the problem is the players making stupid decisions. 

Yeah players took the decision of ALL rolling Red Nose, make pvp cap level at 45, bring the awakenings one by one making pvp unbalanced for MONTHS.

If i have to find a stupid decision all players made i can only thing of one... "Playing this game"

Edited by crosspath
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If i have to find a stupid decision all players made i can only thing of one... "Playing this game"

reading your posts also counts as a stupid decision :D

Edited by cann0nf0dder

Posted

Game is dying because of constant decisions that screw over the players who care about having a fair, fun and balanced game free of stupid pearl shop stuff that gives you major advantages in progression speed, promises not being held, awakening release schedule is a joke, server desync still not fixed almost 8 months after release (even made it worse with wednesdays patch, what a clownfest), they only care about making money, with not a grain of respect or even replies to player opinions, feedback, suggestions or complaints. Also constant amateur mistakes like wednesday's patch issues and now the trollnose box fiasco, it's pretty hilarious. Most of the people who still stick around do so because the game itself is still fun, and there simply isn't any better alternative MMO with similar game mechanics on the market right now.

Revelation online incomming 25.10.2016 beta

Posted

reading your posts also counts as a stupid decision :D

But at least there is an easy solution, is not my problem that you are not clever enough to find the answer.

Posted

why?....

...I log in yesterday to try the awakening of ranger but get bored at the start of the quest already and logged out :| 20 min just to see my funking horse run is not fun  .. and the kunoichi release? (waste of time) and the ingame/real money i invest on it ...seem thath game give me no more entertainment anymore.. this is my reason ! >:| 

Posted

And?

That game looks extremely limited in scope compared to BDO. Not to mention butt-ugly and very Asian style.

Posted (edited)

Game is dying because of constant decisions that screw over the players who care about having a fair, fun and balanced game free of stupid pearl shop stuff that gives you major advantages in progression speed, promises not being held, awakening release schedule is a joke, server desync still not fixed almost 8 months after release (even made it worse with wednesdays patch, what a clownfest), they only care about making money, with not a grain of respect or even replies to player opinions, feedback, suggestions or complaints. Also constant amateur mistakes like wednesday's patch issues and now the trollnose box fiasco, it's pretty hilarious. Most of the people who still stick around do so because the game itself is still fun, and there simply isn't any better alternative MMO with similar game mechanics on the market right now.

they are koreans , what u expect? :/ nah i found an alternative hopefully ...and it's not korean i'm not racist but at this point korean start to be a category...

Edited by Jonnyyy

Posted

Hi Guys

I start the game since launch. but still a newbie:P.

I kept seeing negative feedback for this game. and some player say "the game are dying".

Seriously. I love this game.  the previous MMORPG I played is GW2

Compare these two: BDO is newer for sure graphic is better. However compare to similar age MMORPG BDO's graphic still the best.

Also I like the game keep having new stuff. new class, awakened weapon, new area, ride, etc. lots to play.

I don't know why people still complaint about.

Compare to GW2, no new class, and skill for 3 years.  and the expansion is worst i ever since. 

at this point the the BDO's developer more kind to players.

Maybe i haven't  spent too much time on it everyday. i still feel like lots to play. i can't even catch up the update. xD 

however BDO i do have few disappointing. 

the game don't have dungeon.

the gear system is not a fans of it. which still ok.

maintenance too often.

COME ON!!! since when you play since game launch.. your post prooves that is not true

Number 1 

your playing a SANDBOX game, how the hell you expect instances in this game? and game have lots of dungeouns like hasrah cave or helms cave, they called OPEN DUNGEOUNS....

Number 2

the gear system is not a fans of it. which still ok. Just because you dont like a gear system doesnt mean game is not good

NUMBER 3 (ignorance)

maintenance too often. REALLY!!!!!!! Im so happy they have maintenance so often, every best game in the world from MMORPGs to even FIFA have this, why? means there is a team working in this game every week, to bring the best experience for us, and i tell you this simple sentence GAMES WITH LESS MAINTENANCE ARE THE ONES NEAR DEATH, means no content, no fixing bugs, no events etc. etc...

LAST POST dedicated to YOU and to all the NEGATIVE POSTS

There is no better game in the world as mmorpg than BDO, controlled cash shop(yes go check other games and bring me a better cash shop system), NO GOLD SELLERS (what game have this, maybe WOW or GUILD WARS 2, JOKING OF COURSE) COMPLAIN ABOUT GAME DROP RATE? go play DUNGEOUN & DRAGONS ONLINE where you can be farming for years to get one drop and still not getting it....

Posted

they are koreans , what u expect? :/

People knew this was a korean mmo from the start and could expect p2w cash shop stuff, but we were explicitly told by a DAUM EU official in an interview that the game would be buy 2 play so that they wouldn't have to use p2w antics to make a profit, which made people have high hopes for this game and maybe finally something different, but it was proven after all that this is not the case and we were let down.

1 person likes this

Posted

they are koreans , what u expect? :/ nah i found an alternative hopefully ...and it's not korean i'm not racist but at this point korean start to be a category...

Maybe you play mmorpgs for short time, i play since times of tibia and ultima, and believe when i say theres nothing better than korean mmorpgs, yes you can complain about BDO, but hey, the team that works is human not machines, mistakes can happen and they did reward us, theres many things you can do in the game, tons of professions to master, grind, gathering, trade, hunting, horse breeding, Merchant game play... you just dont get your self busy if you dont want to,,,

People knew this was a korean mmo from the start and could expect p2w cash shop stuff, but we were explicitly told by a DAUM EU official in an interview that the game would be buy 2 play so that they wouldn't have to use p2w antics to make a profit, which made people have high hopes for this game and maybe finally something different, but it was proven after all that this is not the case and we were let down.

You should learn the difference between p2w and pfc aka pay for convenience cash shop doesnt bring any p2w elements, yes talk about artisans memory(that you cant even sell to other players) or about the limit 5 pieces sales per week You can do way more money just grinding thn spending 150$ per week.

The only dissapointed people are those who never player REAL p2w games

WoW pretty much gained most of the subscribers back that they lost in WoD for now. Judging by the population you see ingame WoW is probably on one of it's peak times when it comes to ingame population. Why is it that everytime I come back to these forums I see someone who obviously never played or has a clue about WoW talking shit about it? Infiority complex much.

Glad to see that this game is dying. With that shit management and a community full of whitwhiteknighting fanboys y'all earned it.

You talk about WoW but did you know that game is originally a CLONE of ever quest? maybe im too old to bring this matter about, but at least i dont see BDO as another game clone, BTW WOW is AWESOME RIGHT? thats why thouands of players are rich with the GOLD SELLERS money lol get real, wow got -----ed up, and yes i did play it, very good game but ruined by GOLD SELLERS

Posted

There is no better game in the world as mmorpg than BDO, controlled cash shop(yes go check other games and bring me a better cash shop system), NO GOLD SELLERS (what game have this, maybe WOW or GUILD WARS 2, JOKING OF COURSE) COMPLAIN ABOUT GAME DROP RATE? go play DUNGEOUN & DRAGONS ONLINE where you can be farming for years to get one drop and still not getting it....

Sorry but what is the difference between bikinipolarbear and Kakao, both are gold sellers.... What a joke of a post, the only difference is that one is managing the game and have power over the other guys, but both are doing exactly the same, sell silver.

Also a cash shop in a B2P game with a subs going on... Sir my hat off to you, difficult to think less than what you just shown.

Posted

If has something like dungeon and it's more like endgame dungeon since it's for people with very high ap/dp. Aakam Temple and Hystria Ruins.

:D

And about game is dying. Seriously wtf, another person saying game is dying? Did you just start playing MMO games?

I active play MMO over 15 years from now, I saw many games where people spam stuff like "game is going down" and other stuff like this for years.

Games like Tibia, Tera Online had this topic on thier forums for years and suprise. Game is still running. Even really old game called Mu Online is still popular and finally after soo long time we gonna get Mu Online 2 aka Mu Legend.

Posted

The game is beautiful,the best (for me) what is currently existing or will be lunched soon.

Still I found it little "anti social". So I miss more social activity and more pvp battles nead the regular things. Maybe 5v5(which will come),3v3,some small random group strategic pvp,or anything what will activate and pull people to play in groups with some fun.

Posted

After playing it on KR, yes game is good but guess whos bringing it to US/EU lol already CASH SHOP INFLUENCE and didnt even came out

Posted

Yeah players took the decision of ALL rolling Red Nose, make pvp cap level at 45, bring the awakenings one by one making pvp unbalanced for MONTHS.

these issues are easily solved. They are giving us a new box so that isse is moot now.

A PvP start at 45 is a non-issue. Most games start earlier than this, usually lvl 30, or are zone based, in which anyone is fair game, usually also revolving around lvl 30 (suggsted level for quests in those zones).

Awakenings coming 1at a time IS unfortunate, but korea dealt with this issue just fine, and I think it can be a good thing. It gets people tryig to solve issues diplomatically insted of just auto flagging. It also teaches you to play safer, be aware of your surroundings, and play your non awakened class better.

even the actual "issues" are issues with the players more than the game. The p2w for example. People stood in a town for a week protesting this stuff and continued for weeks after, not playing the game and forum warrioring up or -----ing in channel chat instead of playing the game. Every day they spent not playing they could have made 50-100m. Every day. that's more than you can make doing p2w mode a couple times over. 

Even with RNG, people made mistakes. They would try to tri their only 2 duo marks of shadow, to have them break and ----- about it. They should have ranked up 1 or 2 extras and done those, and if they succeeded they could have sold or tried to tri the others. It is irresponsible and risky play that screwed them over, not RNG.

I know it is common response these days, but we have to stop blaming others for our own actions. Take responsibility for what happens, and if the game truly does ----- something up, like the boss gear box, kakao is more than willing to apply a fix to the issue.

Posted

Sorry but what is the difference between bikinipolarbear and Kakao, both are gold sellers.... What a joke of a post, the only difference is that one is managing the game and have power over the other guys, but both are doing exactly the same, sell silver.
Also a cash shop in a B2P game with a subs going on... Sir my hat off to you, difficult to think less than what you just shown.

You talk nonsense, are you really  a player?

First yes you can get a few silver with Money, but lol cant you farm 30$ value on 2 hours or less? any good player in this game can, makes useless to invest on items from cash shop.

And if you take your hat off for me? Why instead of just talking you bring a good argument on table, HOW? simple 

GIVE ME THIS details of another mmorpg;

You can use any of these as example; WOW, GW2, FIREFALL, LOTRO, SWOTR, B&S, REVELATION, BLESS(releasing by aeria lol), KRITIKA, AION, FFXIV

Bring me any better cash shop system than this ones and also, better economy control then BDO, if you can

Game \\ how it  works \\ cash shop \\anti gold sellers \\ gold sold by company\\

Posted

Hi Guys

I start the game since launch. but still a newbie:P.

I kept seeing negative feedback for this game. and some player say "the game are dying".

Seriously. I love this game.  the previous MMORPG I played is GW2

Compare these two: BDO is newer for sure graphic is better. However compare to similar age MMORPG BDO's graphic still the best.

Also I like the game keep having new stuff. new class, awakened weapon, new area, ride, etc. lots to play.

I don't know why people still complaint about.

Compare to GW2, no new class, and skill for 3 years.  and the expansion is worst i ever since. 

at this point the the BDO's developer more kind to players.

Maybe i haven't  spent too much time on it everyday. i still feel like lots to play. i can't even catch up the update. xD 

however BDO i do have few disappointing. 

the gear system is not a fans of it. which still ok.

maintenance too often.

The game is far from dying. Those "game is dying" are butthurt people.

Posted (edited)

these issues are easily solved. They are giving us a new box so that isse is moot now.

A PvP start at 45 is a non-issue. Most games start earlier than this, usually lvl 30, or are zone based, in which anyone is fair game, usually also revolving around lvl 30 (suggsted level for quests in those zones).

Awakenings coming 1at a time IS unfortunate, but korea dealt with this issue just fine, and I think it can be a good thing. It gets people tryig to solve issues diplomatically insted of just auto flagging. It also teaches you to play safer, be aware of your surroundings, and play your non awakened class better.

even the actual "issues" are issues with the players more than the game. The p2w for example. People stood in a town for a week protesting this stuff and continued for weeks after, not playing the game and forum warrioring up or -----ing in channel chat instead of playing the game. Every day they spent not playing they could have made 50-100m. Every day. that's more than you can make doing p2w mode a couple times over. 

Even with RNG, people made mistakes. They would try to tri their only 2 duo marks of shadow, to have them break and ----- about it. They should have ranked up 1 or 2 extras and done those, and if they succeeded they could have sold or tried to tri the others. It is irresponsible and risky play that screwed them over, not RNG.

I know it is common response these days, but we have to stop blaming others for our own actions. Take responsibility for what happens, and if the game truly does ----- something up, like the boss gear box, kakao is more than willing to apply a fix to the issue.

Pvp cap 45 is a non issue for you and still an issue for a TON of players, awakenings coming one by one is plainly stupid and getting another rigged box solves nothing, this is not about the boss gear IS ABOUT THE COMPANY SCAMMY TACTICS.

Get a brain.

You talk nonsense, are you really  a player?

First yes you can get a few silver with Money, but lol cant you farm 30$ value on 2 hours or less? any good player in this game can, makes useless to invest on items from cash shop.

And if you take your hat off for me? Why instead of just talking you bring a good argument on table, HOW? simple 

GIVE ME THIS details of another mmorpg;

You can use any of these as example; WOW, GW2, FIREFALL, LOTRO, SWOTR, B&S, REVELATION, BLESS(releasing by aeria lol), KRITIKA, AION, FFXIV

Bring me any better cash shop system than this ones and also, better economy control then BDO, if you can

Game \\ how it  works \\ cash shop \\anti gold sellers \\ gold sold by company\\

Man, with artisan's i can get billions a week selling tri/tet livertos , well if i were stupid enough to pay real money for those pixels.

Now the "no pay to win only 100 million a week" excuses are obsolete and ridiculous.

All those games are crap in my opinion, and why the best of the crappiest thing should be a good thing? Lol, what a moron, what is best a shot in the head or being electrocuted? What do you prefer to eat human poop or dog's poop? Should i keep on showing you the stupidness of your comment?

Added a feature for handicapped people and marked the important parts of the comment.

Edited by crosspath

Posted

Pvp cap 45 is a non issue for you and still an issue for a TON of players, awakenings coming one by one is plainly stupid and getting another rigged box solves nothing, this is not about the boss gear IS ABOUT THE COMPANY SCAMMY TACTICS.
Get a brain.

Man, with artisan's i can get billions a week selling tri/tet livertos , well if i were stupid enough to pay real money for those pixels.

Now the "no pay to win only 100 million a week" excuses are obsolete and ridiculous.

All those games are crap in my opinion, and why the best of the crappiest thing should be a good thing? Lol, what a moron, what is best a shot in the head or being electrocuted? What do you prefer to eat human poop or dog's poop? Should i keep on showing you the stupidness of your comment?

Added a feature for handicapped people and marked the important parts of the comment.

People without arguments and intelligence always use bad words as a way to express, shameless, you must be a very sad person in your life^^

Posted

Node wars are not to lively now a days . Generally it's slightly looking up but the game is still in decline and only still going because there is no other game to go to out there right now but there will be mid next year and that's wen a lot of our population is going to leave.

Edit: maintenance needs to be often and Im glad they do them.

Node wars is very competitive and active on Uno,  might just be your server. 

Posted

People without arguments and intelligence always use bad words as a way to express, shameless, you must be a very sad person in your life^^

Nah actually very happy and having lot of fun lately... Specially dealing with flanders here...

Posted

The game is not dying, and I doubt that can be argued by any measurable metric. Now, you may have quit the game, or gone on to play something else, that's fine, but this is a classic area where people assume their opinion is the same one held by the majority, when in fact they might not. Here's some classic examples of unqualified subjective opinion based evidence the game is dying:

'My Channel is empty except for AFK players' - opinion, which from my observations is usually influenced by your opinion of the game, but for every one of these, you'll see people claiming their server looks busier than ever. I started playing in June on Uno, usually Serendia U2 channel, and from the looks of things I see all kinds of activity and new lower level players joining the game and leveling up. Now, I won't act like that's fact, that's just opinion based on my own observation.

'P2W killed the game' - clearly an opinion. Yes, I have no doubt that since launch several players have quit the game, and some of them b/c they felt the game was too much 'p2w'. I'm not arguing the merits of that argument here, just saying that it is in fact an opinion and has no basis to support 'the game is dying'. New players join, old ones quit and move on, happens in every MMO. Even the mighty WoW, for all the subs it still has, has a smaller player base than at it's peak, but I don't think anyone would try and argue that it's dead.

'The same guilds fight in Node wars' - well, this can be somewhat verifiable, so maybe slightly less slanted opinion than the first two, but really, this is hardly an indication that the game is dead. For one, other channels would say the node wars are still very active, for another, who's to say the games new players are participating in node wars and not just interested in PVE? 

Like any game, BDO has some very good things going for it, and some problems. I wish we could bring attention to the problems without the rhetoric, but that's a human problem right now. We're so used to trolling and insult swapping and thinking opinions are facts that almost no argument seen here would hold up to objective scrutiny, so it is what it is, and it's the same all over other game forums and social media. 

If I go back and look at your post history, and see everything you put is some slam of the game, nothing but negativity and in some cases outright hate spew, than it's probably safe to say your opinion is not objective and not worth being concerned or influenced over. The same goes for the opposite. That's not to say you're not entitled to voice your opinion and what you love/hate/like/dislike about the game, just saying it lacks credibility. 

Posted (edited)

LOL, releasing Awakening 1 by 1 allows MMO sites games to post "New Awakening comes out this week" to attract more players every 2 weeks.

Edited by Dhaos

Posted (edited)

The game has DEFINITELY been experiencing sharper declines in "replacement playerbase" than most MMO's that have released in the last 5-10 years.  YES ALL MMO's (except wow) do experience a steep decline in player populations immediately in their first semester and almost every one of them looks to have the same shaped curve if you've ever seen MMOCHART:   (easiest graph to see it on)

Subs-1.png

...same pattern is always there. It just declines at a less steep angle in later months but it ALWAYS declines in most cases.

That's not what's happening with BDO however.  And let's be honest here, BDO was NOT MEANT to be an easy sell going into it's release.  It was supposed to be the anti-Themepark, with no fast travel or hand holding.  It never promised interesting or expansive PvE content.  It was straight up front about only having one type of "progression" Content which was the purest form of the most boring Mob Grinding

And when you go around the various towns or look on the AH, you can still see a lot of something that APPEARS to be activity that you would associate with a real Sandbox game that by its very nature is going to have Disrupted Equilibriums.  Here's the problem though...   when you go around to any of the sub-50 areas, you don't see many new players or alts even.  When you go out into the woods, you don't see anyone.  You only see people in Heidel for the most part and 90% of them are in an automated Task mode meaning they're having the game play itself for them while they do something more productive.

What's caused this in my opinion??  ... The core mechanic of the Game caused it.  IE: the  Enchantment mechanic.  A known Mainstay and sometimes even a favorite feature of many Asian games (such as DarkSouls). But in BDO's case, it literally PREVENTS people from playing the game actively because they're at such a stark disadvantage to other players during any NodeWar or anywhere outside a Safe-Zone.

Before the Valencia update, enchanting had a hard cap that was easy enough for casual players to reach.  So even if they couldn't be truly competitive in PvP for whatever reasons (they didn't know about Anim canceling, didn't have the right guild, couldn't get TRI Witches, etc), there was atleast the illusion that they could get the basic end game gearscore of everyone else But once we went past +15 ench,  players with limited play time fell in love with Overwatch instead and have only been trickling back to discover that there's NO POTENTIAL HERE to return TO.  (also the Public Relations problems due to obvious conflict between PearlAbyss and DAUM & its B2P customerbase had a lot of impact on this as well all throughout the MMO community and Youtube/Reddit in particular)

Edited by iller

Posted

WoW pretty much gained most of the subscribers back that they lost in WoD for now. Judging by the population you see ingame WoW is probably on one of it's peak times when it comes to ingame population. Why is it that everytime I come back to these forums I see someone who obviously never played or has a clue about WoW talking shit about it? Infiority complex much.

Glad to see that this game is dying. With that shit management and a community full of whitwhiteknighting fanboys y'all earned it.

Comparing BDO to WoW as it is today is perhaps the most idiotic thing a person can do. WoW has been out faaaaaaar longer than BDO and geuss what? Their game is still buggy and they still suffer from issues. Much like every MMO game does. People are delusional or living in some fantasy world of pixies and rainbow farts if they thing a MMO can run 100% bug free. That's besides the point though. WoW when it was first released was suffering under huge issues, and last I heard had massive maintenance that lasted 12 hours on several occasions. I have friends who said the launch of WoW was just an utter cluster**** and it took them a considerable amount of time and effort to get to where they are now. Yet there are reports that instance issues and other such bugs are still present that have been around since the beginning.

So really, what I hate is people comparing BDO to WoW, like WoW is some god tier, pinnacle of the MMO gaming world that is flawless and perfect. It's not. They had their own share of problems when it was as young as BDO. Also lets not even mention the fact that Blizzard utterly dwarfs Kakao and Pearl Abyss combined as a company many times over. They have a TON more staff to work with compared to the relatively small team backing BDO. Sp expecting BDO to run flawlessly without issues along the way is beyond idiotic.

Is BDO perfect? Not by a long shot, there is plenty of room for improvement, and given time things will improve. It's sad to see this community acting like a bunch of spoiled, toxic, self entitled children throwing tantrums at every little thing. Instead of acting like adults. There are plenty of issues with the game and plenty of issues regarding their communication, but there is a right way, and a wrong way to convey them. Constructive and calmly detailed posts hold far more value than say..."ER MER GERD RAGE! COWCOW IS SHIT GARBAGE COMPANY! RAGE#@$^&%#&$@# GAME DEAD CUZ THEY DID THIS! RAGE RAGE #@&$@#&^*$&^ **** YOU COWOW#@# **** YOU PA!!@! FIX THIS NAOW!!@#@! YOU INCOMPETENT ****s!