• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Attendance Reward Box

410 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank you with a special thanks to GM_Caramel and GM_Dew for being especially attentive since the patch debacle.    

Posted

I also would like to give a shout out @GM_Caramel for keeping the community updated and ensured us that the BDO Staff Team will be taking care of the situation thus defusing the tense situation that was generated.  Her professionalism and kindness is what everyone should aspire to become and demonstrated the perfect way to treat members of the community! 

Thank you so much for the kind comments! :x Like I previously said I genuinely care about all of you. I want to try to better your guys' game experience with us. 

Thanks for the quick reply! and thanks @GM_Caramel for everything earlier when this all started ^^

Of course! You guys called me so I showed up! ^_^ 

I just wanted to jump in and thank the CM/GM team for reviewing this and confirming either way what was up, i enjoy the speedy response to the issue

can i request that bug like the Mae/Musa chase and cancels is now looked into and hopefully fixed just as fast  :)

@GM_Caramel @GM_Dew @CM_Aethon

This is actually something we are aware of and investigating. :) No ETA on any updates though! 

@GM_Caramel @GM_Dew @CM_Aethon thx for the infor 

thanks to the GM team for communicating with us, it's nice to not feel neglected for once.

No problem! Thank you guys for supporting us! 

Kudos to @GM_Caramel for doing an amazing job at crisis management. I will admit this is the first time in the past few months where I actually had faith in the future of the game. 

Indeed, her and GM_Dew have been amazing, and then this post + the twitter saying they donated to the Red Nose Day foundation cause of this.

https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/786918333992042496

It's been a long time coming, but guys, if you keep this up, things are going to look a lot brighter around here.

We appreciate your kind comments! I will let Dew know what you said! We love you guys!!! :x

2 people like this

Posted

last two days summary:

- extended maintenance - happens

- emegerency maintenance - happens

- servers since maintenance compeltly shit. more desync, lagg since ever. - pls

- rng boss item box is not random.

at some point its just enough. 

Posted

As many others have said, please make sure we don't get a 2nd red nose armor.

Getting two red nose armors would be horribly disappointing. You would be dashing our hopes a 2nd time.

1 person likes this

Posted

As many others have said, please make sure we don't get a 2nd red nose armor.

Getting two red nose armors would be horribly disappointing. You would be dashing our hopes a 2nd time.

I agree. Afterall you got one from previous box so if you rolled rednose in a fixed box you should get nothing or a blackstone to make it fair and square. :)) The box was supposed to give you a random boss armor, not a boss armor + rednose bonus.

Posted

I agree, remove the red nose boss armor from the new fixed box that should quiet down people of North America. 

Posted

Thank you :)

Was worried for a while as to how you would go about fixing this, but it seems i was worried for nothing! Hopefully I'll get something useful from the replacement box, but i am still grateful for the Red Nose Armor, because i will add it to my collection of 'fashionables' that i use for my screenshots ^_^ 

Thanks again <3

Posted

i don't feel like get a second red nose armor :S

Posted

As a company that needs some good will the right thing to do would make sure there was no red nose in the box they give us after Nov. 2. Try and make the loyal player base happy for a change. They sure need to do something to show that they care.

Posted (edited)

You mean 2 Red Nose Armor. They are SCAMMERS don't thank them. Always something wrong with this icompetent company.

This must be your first mmo or you have completely forgotten all the years of screwing up blizzard has done >_>

Corrupted Blood comes to mind here. Not to mention all the completely broken crap (especially healers early on) cataclysm brought, years of not being able to log in and lag, lets not forget the "Instance not found" bug that went on for 2 xpacs and still pops up every now and then. Just to name a few of the many many issues Warcraft has had over the years.

If you are expecting any mmo/game to be bug free and perfectly balanced you are living in a dream world.

Edited by Bahska

Posted

yall seriously need to chill.

They have to get a fix from the developer on the box itself, then they will send us another box.

They cant send what they dont have. Be dam happy theyre even gonna fix the error.

Players like you need a time out.

Thank you

Posted

Been playing since EU launch - even did the Beta weekend things.

I know that the game is mostly RNG, doesn't mean thats not shit.

And it especially doesn't mean that the attendance rewards have to be like that as well.

thanks for your resume, pretty sure most people have played since beta so it's really irrespective of the fact that it's RNG just like everything else in BDO. Where they didn't need to implement a attendance reward at all. 

Its okay that the boxes with items of different rarities have different chances of being obtained. But this boss armor box is items of equal rarity, even though some are more sought after than others. So in this case it should have been 1/5 chance to obtain either - but it wasn't. It was clearly 96% chance of getting Red Nose and 1% chance of each of the others. That's i not ok.

did you read this post at all? The reason they are re delivering the boxes is because of that percentage. Not really sure what your argument here is... they realized it was broken and are fixing it... they are all equally as rare items red nose is just considered trash because it's missing 200hp lol makes sense right.

I agree, remove the red nose boss armor from the new fixed box that should quiet down people of North America. 

pretty sure EU is complaining just as much as NA here. Although I won't complain if the new box does not contain red nose :) 

last two days summary:

- extended maintenance - happens

- emegerency maintenance - happens

- servers since maintenance compeltly shit. more desync, lagg since ever. - pls

- rng boss item box is not random.

at some point its just enough. 

life so hard. Stop complaining Julian... see what I did there

Posted

Red nose debacle was to hide the fact that they nerfed enchanting success rates on boss loot to sell more artisan memories.

Posted

I love all the rage at getting a red nose box, or even the chance at getting a second red nose. It's free deal with it. They don't even have to do the attendance rewards, just be glad they give us anything. And everyone demanding compensation for the servers being down longer than usual are just impatient pricks. One time buy, there is no requirement to keep playing because your not purchasing it every month. The company that puts it out for EU/NA is not the one that released it for KA if I'm not mistaken. They are given the patches from KA to EU/NA and have to implement them. They don't get time to test, they just get told what to release. If you have a problem with the way the game is run, stop playing, there will always be others who will continue to play regardless.

Posted

thanks for your resume, pretty sure most people have played since beta so it's really irrespective of the fact that it's RNG just like everything else in BDO. Where they didn't need to implement a attendance reward at all. 

did you read this post at all? The reason they are re delivering the boxes is because of that percentage. Not really sure what your argument here is... they realized it was broken and are fixing it... they are all equally as rare items red nose is just considered trash because it's missing 200hp lol makes sense right.

pretty sure EU is complaining just as much as NA here. Although I won't complain if the new box does not contain red nose :) 

Thanks for your resume my arse, only reason I mentioned it was because you suggested I hadn't even been playing a month.

Secondly, they implemented an attendance reward to boost player stats, which in turn brings in new players. So, irrespective of if they HAD to or not, they chose to and, in that established an agreement that, for logging in for 30 days, you would get a piece of boss armour. The fact that they -----ed it up means that they were unable to come through on that agreement, and I don't know if you've ever used Rednose, but its shit.

I love all the rage at getting a red nose box, or even the chance at getting a second red nose. It's free deal with it. They don't even have to do the attendance rewards, just be glad they give us anything. And everyone demanding compensation for the servers being down longer than usual are just impatient pricks. One time buy, there is no requirement to keep playing because your not purchasing it every month. The company that puts it out for EU/NA is not the one that released it for KA if I'm not mistaken. They are given the patches from KA to EU/NA and have to implement them. They don't get time to test, they just get told what to release. If you have a problem with the way the game is run, stop playing, there will always be others who will continue to play regardless.

Free = getting it without doing anything in return

We had to log in for 30 days to get it, therefore providing them with better server statistics and cash shop purchases, therefore it is not free.

Posted

Greetings adventurers,

We have investigated the reports of users having received only a single item type from the Attendance Reward 'Boss Armor Box'. At this time it appears the item is not functioning as intended, we are taking the necessary steps to correct this issue. Players that received one of the defective boxes will be issued a new fixed version at the end of the event.

Please note you will only receive the second box if you had already claimed the defective attendance reward by the end of the event, in addition to this we will not be removing any of the rewards earned by the original box.  Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for understanding.

Please take Red Nose Armor out of the box then. I really don't want 2.

Posted

"Please note you will only receive the second box if you had already claimed the defective attendance reward by the end of the event, in addition to this we will not be removing any of the rewards earned by the original box.  Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear."

@CM_Aethon

So, if I didn't get the box until tomorrow (missed 2 days), I'll get 2 box or if I choose to select the defective box, I'll not getting the 2° one? 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your resume my arse, only reason I mentioned it was because you suggested I hadn't even been playing a month.

Secondly, they implemented an attendance reward to boost player stats, which in turn brings in new players. So, irrespective of if they HAD to or not, they chose to and, in that established an agreement that, for logging in for 30 days, you would get a piece of boss armour. The fact that they -----ed it up means that they were unable to come through on that agreement, and I don't know if you've ever used Rednose, but its shit.

Free = getting it without doing anything in return

We had to log in for 30 days to get it, therefore providing them with better server statistics and cash shop purchases, therefore it is not free.

i bet the majority of you did not buy cash shop items, you are only making yourself look worse, it was free especially since all you had to do was log in once press a few buttons and log out doing nothing more. if you decided to buy things thats on you but you cant use it here as an example acting like you were required to do it in order to get the reward box 

Edited by Tirus12

Posted

Thanks Aethon. We appreciate how well you guys hold yourselves accountable for understandable errors. 

Posted

"Please note you will only receive the second box if you had already claimed the defective attendance reward by the end of the event, in addition to this we will not be removing any of the rewards earned by the original box.  Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear."

@CM_Aethon

So, if I didn't get the box until tomorrow (missed 2 days), I'll get 2 box or if I choose to select the defective box, I'll not getting the 2° one? 

As long as you're eligible for the first box (i.e., trigger the ability to pick it before Oct. 26th, and actually pick it before November 2nd) you're good.

You've got well over a week of missed days (12 days) to spend so for most people it's not a concern at all.

Posted

Please make sure 2nd box have 0% at red nose to fix what happened...

Posted

As long as you're eligible for the first box (i.e., trigger the ability to pick it before Oct. 26th, and actually pick it before November 2nd) you're good.

You've got well over a week of missed days (12 days) to spend so for most people it's not a concern at all.

Won't get mines till sunday. This is nice news

Posted

Wow, it's obvious this should happen, but I didn't really expect it to come truth O.o Once again, I love to see that the game is not awesome only by itself, but also thank to people that lead it.

Posted

no clue. but see, ranger awakening got released last wednsday and my hype level was just over thirtythree and then so much bullshit happens. 

Posted

i bet the majority of you did not buy cash shop items, you are only making yourself look worse, it was free especially since all you had to do was log in once press a few buttons and log out doing nothing more. if you decided to buy things thats on you but you cant use it here as an example acting like you were required to do it in order to get the reward box 

Is the money you get from going to work free money?

I mean, you only have to show up and do some things everyday, so I guess you shouldn't complain about getting your pay cut?