• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Attendance Reward Box

410 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

One thing I feel I should add to my posts already is that I really do sincerely appreciate the communication on this issue.  @GM_Caramel deserves mad kudos.  While I feel that this was a pretty big flub, and I'm less than optimistic about how it will be rectified, the communication on this was handled spot on.

Well done!

Thank you for the kind comments! ^_^

Every time I hear or read "Well Done" I think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvvGW_KPck

My favorite movie! **aka Spirited Away

Edited by GM_Caramel
credit to favorite movie
2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for your resume my arse, only reason I mentioned it was because you suggested I hadn't even been playing a month.

Secondly, they implemented an attendance reward to boost player stats, which in turn brings in new players. So, irrespective of if they HAD to or not, they chose to and, in that established an agreement that, for logging in for 30 days, you would get a piece of boss armour. The fact that they -----ed it up means that they were unable to come through on that agreement, and I don't know if you've ever used Rednose, but its shit.

Free = getting it without doing anything in return

We had to log in for 30 days to get it, therefore providing them with better server statistics and cash shop purchases, therefore it is not free.

For starters,

still doesn't matter and doesn't make your opinion any more significant. 

Secondly,

who said this event was intended to boost players stats? As far as anyone knows this events intend was to give players a chance at a rare item. Nowhere does it say "player statboost event" 

lastly,

i have used red nose and I would love to hear your reasoning why it is trash. Seeing as it has the exact same DP as Hebetate armor and the only difference is HP recovery instead of 200+hp which I agree I would rather the 200hp although 200hp is not going to make any significant difference in PVP. Please come back with the "hidden stats" line I need a good laugh. And by the fact that getting this armor by simply logging into the game without a quest or anything linked to it, it's 100% free. Click a box once a day, don't need to play for more than 30seconds.

Is the money you get from going to work free money?

I mean, you only have to show up and do some things everyday, so I guess you shouldn't complain about getting your pay cut?

your argument is invalid. Going to work because you need money to live vs logging into a video game to automatically receive free gifts. A better analogy would possibly be get home from work and a pile of cash is waiting in your refrigerator, you just need to open it up and reap the benefits.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Is the money you get from going to work free money?

I mean, you only have to show up and do some things everyday, so I guess you shouldn't complain about getting your pay cut?

you know you lost if you have to compare this to a real job which i knew you would do.. i'm against the going to a job to slave away hours doing shit i dont want to but i have to because in this world money means survival so no its not "free money" because you have to put in time and effort for that paycheck so by all means complain about a paycut and thats even if they pick you for the job. Black desert and a item gear box doesnt count towards your survival at all, they decided to put an item for free and all you had to do was log in for a few seconds at most. you didnt have to buy an item, you didnt have to go and spread the word and advertise bdo, you did not have to grind for it or put any real effor for it. So yes it's free

Edited by Tirus12
1 person likes this

Posted

So I forgot to log out and back in for a weeks worth of days. Because of this I didn't get the first box yet, so does that mean I only get 1 box while many others get 2?

Posted (edited)

i think u get none breh

Edited by Rainsford

Posted

"Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear."

Posted

^

If I get another red nose...I'm going to rage.

You're giving us a bloody dollar menu pos and charging fillet mignon prices for it. 

I don't care what your fanboys say....if I pay a premium for anything...I expect a premium product. Not a POS with a shiny wrapper on top. 

they arent charging anything for a free red nose amor. That wasn't a very good analogy you used.

Posted

simple my dear Watson.....simple

this is a rng box from the cash shop in KR, it would make perfect sense if they added this and then raked in all the cash going "huh? only rednose armor? Well keep spinning and you'll get something better eventually."

also that wheel is hella broken, it starts fine then something strange happens and the wheel spins faster and jumps to the nearest rednose armor it can find and goes

"----- off"

The wheel is merely and purely a visual aid. Eye candy. The actual item is determined at the moment of opening, or pressing space, which is also illustrated by the fact that for example your character plays the "victory" animation when you roll mystery necks, and get something good, while the wheel is still "mysteriously" spinning.

Posted

Thank you CM_Aethon and i really hope that the next box will not contain " Red Nose's Armor " 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you CM_Aethon and i really hope that the next box will not contain " Red Nose's Armor " 

I'm sure anyone that rolled a rednose on the second boss box would ragequit

Posted

On the bright side Red Nose Armor is going to be cheap enough to use for failstacking pretty quick.

Posted

2 Red nose armor YAY

Posted

WOOO SO STOKED TO GET ANOTHER REDNOSE ARMOR! ----- YES! THIS SHIT IS THE BEST!~

Posted

Wait, do you have to also OPEN the box?  Or simply Receive it, and then hold onto it instead of Opening it?

Posted

You have to open it. I think the new box should NOT include Red Nose :)

P.S FIX KUNO ALREADY!

Posted

Im happy, but at the same time sad because im sure the chance for red nose armor will be pretty high just not 100% like this defective box. I heard on russian and KR servers MANY but not all got red nose..so for those of us who faced disappointment tonight imagine how much more disappointing it'll be when you get Red nose armor from the FIXED box and everyone around you gets something good. x_x

You mean 2 Red Nose Armor. They are SCAMMERS don't thank them. Always something wrong with this icompetent company.

So you get 2 Red Nose armors. Its better then one, and its better then none. Maybe they dont even have to do the Attendance Reward system whatsoever, then you get nothing at all and you have nothing to ----- about at all.

Be grateful FFS.

Posted (edited)

A 2nd RedNoseGear Box? Looking forward to it.

A better fix would be to make this armor piece more competitive. 

Edited by Neptuno

Posted

They didn't have to do an event, they didn't have to give us anything, they definitely did not have to give us a boss armor box. No reason for your excess salt, they don't have to do anything. They are choosing to because they actually care. Getting angry at a GM gets you no where.

Posted

IMG_0680.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL I wouldn't be surprised if the only bug was the fact that there was an announcement telling everybody what everyone else got.. It it weren't for that system we all would have just gone on our merry way thinking that we all just had bad luck, and that the system wasn't completely rigged.

Posted

On a side note, the amount and variety of memes this has spawned is quite amusing.

Posted

They didn't have to do an event, they didn't have to give us anything, they definitely did not have to give us a boss armor box. No reason for your excess salt, they don't have to do anything. They are choosing to because they actually care. Getting angry at a GM gets you no where.

Actually their reason for doing events like this is to keep people playing the game, or to get people to come back to the game.. that's it. Lol if you think they are doing it "because they care" you're dead wrong.. If they cared they would just say "Hey guys thanks for playing our game! here's some free stuff with no strings attached" not "Hey guys, thanks for playing our game, here's some free stuff, so long as you keep logging in every day for a month!". 

3 people like this

Posted

It is true that attendance mechanics are created to encourage player growth and retainment. Most MMOs are including them these days, or incorporating some type of reward system.

Its not meant to be a dole system.

Frankly speaking I still have every single one of my GM coupons for increased *insert rate here*, and I'm fixing to hit 55. Haven't needed to use them.

As an old school gamer I have never relied upon free handouts or been upset when I didn't get them. I know many are the same way.

As I stated earlier, I believe the root of the commotion is simply that the boxes were bugged and everyone ended up getting the same thing, which was something the majority of them did not need or want. 

On the same note, I do believe that if the boxes had not been bugged and not everyone got the same thing, or if the usefulness of that particular armor were more to the liking of the general mass, we would not be having this conversation to the degree that we are. Although that much is obvious.

The overall debate amongst players over "complain about freebies" vs " be happy with what you get" is an argument that I cannot say I am not used to, as it has been made for years and years back. I can attest that it is usually the players that do not need or want that the item being given because it is not useful to them personally that generally makes the bulk of those complaints, hence my resolution that the box when "re-mailed" should be an equal chance box.

On a further note, I do find that we can have these conversations without attacking anyone personally. I believe the more we stay on course of the topic and less off course with personal assaults the more responses we will get from the staff on future issues.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

edited

Edited by iVentrue
5 people like this

Posted

makes us question how many other boxes like this, like lets say the GM boxes are rigged? Just saying, Me and many friends have gotten nothing but armor stones from them.

7 people like this