• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Attendance Reward Box

410 posts in this topic

Posted

i strongly reccommend you just let us CHOOSE which armor piece we want  ooooor take rednose OUT of the loot table since yall dun goofed. in on honest note, if i get rednose armor AGAIN.... that might just tip me over the edge

2 people like this

Posted

Good grief, all of you!

You're getting free boss armor, who cares if you get two Red Nose armors? Not only are they fixing this for everyone, they're not taking away what you already have! Try being less ungrateful and quit pinning every action on the company like its supposed to demonize them!

Lest you all forget, this game has unparalleled graphics, unique gameplay, plenty of content to satisfy most everyone's needs and wants, and you're all eager to jump on the Pointing Finger bandwagon. Why does no one appreciate the good stuff and focus on the bad stuff like it's all that matters?!

I'd like to offer a shoutout to the positive members of this community, the hard-working staff members who have to endure all this bullspit, and offer a hope to the salty children that you find whatever crawled up your chute and died and get it out so you can smell the coffee.

2 people like this

Posted

there wont be any equal chance box ,

and even if they claim it might be equal chance and its not, we cant even prove it.

i see 3 reasonable options here. (with the most reasonable no1)

1. buff that piece of garbage gear and make it an actual BOSS PIECE.

2.Give us a box without Red nose in it.

3. Remove red nose from the game.

My bet is that they ll give an equal chance box. that will have like 50% red nose 40% giath and the most important ones will be the rest.

@kakao One good boss piece per acc will not break the game ,

It will give some people (that got SCREWED DESPITE THEIR HARD WORK) the chance to actually get competitive against other players that have full TET boss because of your unfair and broken RNG.

PS you will sell more artisan memories who the F will spend arti mem on RED N ? <-- dont answer me for this kekao save it. 

i could see an easier change in functionality that would probably appease most, and that is to make the RNA's stats scale with upgrade, as the other pieces do. If the HP and HP recovery amount increased with each upgrade, then I could see it being useful

Posted

Greetings adventurers,

We have investigated the reports of users having received only a single item type from the Attendance Reward 'Boss Armor Box'. At this time it appears the item is not functioning as intended, we are taking the necessary steps to correct this issue. Players that received one of the defective boxes will be issued a new fixed version at the end of the event.

Please note you will only receive the second box if you had already claimed the defective attendance reward by the end of the event, in addition to this we will not be removing any of the rewards earned by the original box.  Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for understanding.

Thanks alot :=)

Posted

Well kakao you addressed the issue the same day, you agreed to send compensation. This is some groundbreaking stuff......amazing. 

I gotta  hand it to you kakao, good job.

Now that we get that praise out of the way. How about the next box u send contain equal odds for every boss gear? 

Better yet, how about the box contains equal odds and EXCLUDES red nose armor? I mean it seems like the logical thing to do since virtually everyone has it now  

You think u can code that kakao? is altering the code for the box something withing your capabilities? 

anyway, think of all those artisan memory sales.........

Love u, bye. 

Posted (edited)

they arent charging anything for a free red nose amor. That wasn't a very good analogy you used.

It's a perfectly fine analogy given the state of the game and the complaints about its RNG bs. This game is a dog..and that's an insult to dogs. 

They charge premium prices for it and give you what amounts to dead horseflesh riddled with gristle. 

I don't know about you...but when I walk into a white glove establishment and pay for a first class experience....I expect a first class experience. This experience is shit and I don't need to run down the list of complaints that surface over and over again in these forums. You know by now what they are if you follow the forums at all. 

The fact is that when they charge a premium they are saying to their customers...and I AM a customer and not some idiotic fanboy....."Our game is a premium game and we give you premium quality with premium talent on staff...look how awesome our game is...and to keep it awesome...we need to charge a premium for it." 

Now those of us who are PAYING customers say to ourselves and to the company by way of supporting their cash shop..."ok...you have a premium product and we will pay that premium.....we expect to see premium quality and have a first class gaming experience for the prices we pay....."

When we don't see that premium quality...as paying customers we pitch a fit..the same way we'd pitch a fit to the chef of a five star restaurant if he tried to pass off a friggin' $.35 hamburger from McDs as a gourmet meal...we'd be quite right to tell the chef to screw himself and demand that we get the filet we ordered. 

IT"S NO DIFFERENT!

This Red Nose thing is just bubbling to the surface a lot of rage and frustration many paying customers have about the game because of those well-known issues...and I'm one of them.

Edited by snappyfu
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

i could see an easier change in functionality that would probably appease most, and that is to make the RNA's stats scale with upgrade, as the other pieces do. If the HP and HP recovery amount increased with each upgrade, then I could see it being useful

strongly disagree , HP regen will never compete flat HP (tree) ,

it needs something that will put the players on a dillema and make them choose depending on their playstyle.

the only good suggestion i saw is to give RNA 100HP & 200mp and remove the HP regen.

that d make it as dope as the tree

Edited by iVentrue
1 person likes this

Posted

you know you lost if you have to compare this to a real job which i knew you would do.. i'm against the going to a job to slave away hours doing shit i dont want to but i have to because in this world money means survival so no its not "free money" because you have to put in time and effort for that paycheck so by all means complain about a paycut and thats even if they pick you for the job. Black desert and a item gear box doesnt count towards your survival at all, they decided to put an item for free and all you had to do was log in for a few seconds at most. you didnt have to buy an item, you didnt have to go and spread the word and advertise bdo, you did not have to grind for it or put any real effor for it. So yes it's free

Jesus... Your life sounds so sad...

I actually like and enjoy my job, so the comparison stands, wage slave ;D

For starters,

still doesn't matter and doesn't make your opinion any more significant. 

Secondly,

who said this event was intended to boost players stats? As far as anyone knows this events intend was to give players a chance at a rare item. Nowhere does it say "player statboost event" 

lastly,

i have used red nose and I would love to hear your reasoning why it is trash. Seeing as it has the exact same DP as Hebetate armor and the only difference is HP recovery instead of 200+hp which I agree I would rather the 200hp although 200hp is not going to make any significant difference in PVP. Please come back with the "hidden stats" line I need a good laugh. And by the fact that getting this armor by simply logging into the game without a quest or anything linked to it, it's 100% free. Click a box once a day, don't need to play for more than 30seconds.

your argument is invalid. Going to work because you need money to live vs logging into a video game to automatically receive free gifts. A better analogy would possibly be get home from work and a pile of cash is waiting in your refrigerator, you just need to open it up and reap the benefits.

For one, the only reason to hold and event like this is to keep people loging in everyday, which increases server traffic stats/concurrent players, making the game look more populated, which is an important factor for MMOs, as, without other players, the social aspects are nullified and people won't be interested - I've passed up MMOs because of server traffic before.

There are a lot of ways to increase the player base, this is one, going completely f2play is another, as are expansions and events like this one. There is no reason for a company to give you anything for free, if you are getting something without having to do much for it, that doesn't mean there is no reason for it.

If 200hp doesn't matter to you in PvP, then it makes me wonder how much PvP you actually do. 200hp is significant, especially for classes like sorc that have fairly low hp anyway. The only time 200hp would not matter to you is when you are fighting people with far higher stats than your own, with equivalent stats, 200hp is a significant advantage. The only way Rednose would be viable would be if it had an extra DP in comparison to Tree.

Again, is the only reason you work seriously to get money? Don't you enjoy your job even a little?

Posted

got that RedNose Armor too... so everybody who claims the gift will still get rednose?!

Posted (edited)

So to get the "fixed" box to I have to just claim the original box or open it too?

You say I just have to claim it but....you can never be sure in this game.

Reading is an advantage bro ;

Players that received one of the defective boxes will be issued a newfixed version at the end of the event.
 Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear.

Edited by Rubmycrit!

Posted

but but... letting us choose? with no RNG?.. .. . ... that would make the community happy O.o
we can't have that, kakao wouldn't know how to handle happy costumers which felt like they where not getting milked and screwed...

;):P 

it's really hard to say who's fault it is for making the game too inconvenient and relying on people''s gambling addiction to run their business, especially when there are such better alternatives to making an mmo successful. but man, at the rate this game is going, i have this terrible gut feeling that it's going to be shut down within a year or two.... but hey, they might be counting on that too.

iiii still think they should take the rednose armor out of the loot table  because the ONLY people who will receive the extra box are the ones who claimed and opened the first one. it makes absolutely NO sense for rednose to be in the next box whatsoever

3 people like this

Posted

At this time it appears the item is not functioning as intended, we are taking the necessary steps to correct this issue.

Yeah, say the truth at least, it was working as intended but too many players were complaining which has heavier consequences on business...---) so we decided to correct that issue because we know that an happy player is a player that spend.

1 person likes this

Posted

This must be your first mmo or you have completely forgotten all the years of screwing up blizzard has done >_>

Corrupted Blood comes to mind here. Not to mention all the completely broken crap (especially healers early on) cataclysm brought, years of not being able to log in and lag, lets not forget the "Instance not found" bug that went on for 2 xpacs and still pops up every now and then. Just to name a few of the many many issues Warcraft has had over the years.

If you are expecting any mmo/game to be bug free and perfectly balanced you are living in a dream world.

LOL? You saying this is my first MMO and you are explaining how it was in world of warcraaft? Are you serious you rekt yourself by this statment.

Posted (edited)

I agree. Afterall you got one from previous box so if you rolled rednose in a fixed box you should get nothing or a blackstone to make it fair and square. :)) The box was supposed to give you a random boss armor, not a boss armor + rednose bonus.

Sure, the bosses don't drop boss armor, why then should a boss armor box? You would make an excellent Kakao game developer. :P 

I am not sure if Red Nose counts as a bonus.... I don't think it can be sold as the market is flooded with something no one wants anyway. Therefore it just sits in storage taking up space.

hmmm... Red Nose armor is actually a bit of a penalty to many then.

Edited by Tsang
added 2nd and 3rd paras

Posted (edited)

edited

Edited by iVentrue

Posted

Thank you for the second box, that hopefully returns a reward that isn't red nose.

Question : Why can't you run a check to see who's opened the bad box, and send them a new one by mail, and just replace the one handed out by the event with the correct, fixed box. If someone hasn't opened the bad box yet, save them the frustration :)

Posted

Reading is an advantage bro ;

Players that received one of the defective boxes will be issued a newfixed version at the end of the event.
 Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear.

the bolded part wasn't there when I originally asked the question...it only said you had to claim the box. 

K thx

Posted

instead of just a mailed box, why not to add something to do ingame and something to earn by some quest, some boss, party or guild? You know, obtain stuff by playing the game.

Posted

instead of just a mailed box, why not to add something to do ingame and something to earn by some quest, some boss, party or guild? You know, obtain stuff by playing the game.

Kill the world/daily/weekly bosses and get boss gear, not sure what else you're suggesting. :P

Posted

Well I guess that explains that. Thanks for fixing it, and the extra box too! :)

Posted

Jesus... Your life sounds so sad...

I actually like and enjoy my job, so the comparison stands, wage slave ;D

For one, the only reason to hold and event like this is to keep people loging in everyday, which increases server traffic stats/concurrent players, making the game look more populated, which is an important factor for MMOs, as, without other players, the social aspects are nullified and people won't be interested - I've passed up MMOs because of server traffic before.

There are a lot of ways to increase the player base, this is one, going completely f2play is another, as are expansions and events like this one. There is no reason for a company to give you anything for free, if you are getting something without having to do much for it, that doesn't mean there is no reason for it.

If 200hp doesn't matter to you in PvP, then it makes me wonder how much PvP you actually do. 200hp is significant, especially for classes like sorc that have fairly low hp anyway. The only time 200hp would not matter to you is when you are fighting people with far higher stats than your own, with equivalent stats, 200hp is a significant advantage. The only way Rednose would be viable would be if it had an extra DP in comparison to Tree.

Again, is the only reason you work seriously to get money? Don't you enjoy your job even a little?

You obviously have not progressed past level 56 and participated in node wars or any form of pvp if you think 200hp is game breaking. Sorry I can't fix stupid, GL with your complaining. 

Posted

Would be nice if you at least made the new box a fair chance at all the armor. We all know the usual box is like 80% red nose anyways. So for most people its just going to pour more salt on the wound by getting 'another' red nose.

do you remeber gm's intermediate box? So many other rare/good reward potential from that box,  mostly people got blaclstone when the slots on the roll had mostly everything else but black stone. Be realistic about this new free boss gear box. Dont expect anything besides rednose.

Posted (edited)

All I regret is buying Red Nose Armor for 32 million 10 days ago. I'm happy with more Red Nose Armor and so is my guildy for the 30% durability we are getting. My guildy is now buying Red Nose cheap off the market because it's cheaper than memory fragments. We appreciate the generosity of this game.

It is suspect that it was all Red Nose Armor though. Whatever, it was a gift either way.

Edited by Heather42

Posted

Kill the world/daily/weekly bosses and get boss gear, not sure what else you're suggesting. :P

Simple. Instead of super random kill world boss (and sometimes you get nothing!), and instead giving away some stuff just because a magic email, just kill the boss (or whatever) and 100% you gain some useful stuff instead of that magic email.

Posted (edited)

I hope these children get it together because if this is our future we are screwed. I'm talking about the people complaining about a gift they were given.

Edited by Heather42
1 person likes this