• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Attendance Reward Box

410 posts in this topic

Posted

And they're criticizing me as a terrible person. Jesus.  

That doesn't excuse the entire fact that they're completely incompetent. This shouldn't have happened to begin with, like you shouldn't keep talking, you kiss-ass. There wasn't coming up with any other solution. This was the only thing they could do to avoid making things any worse. Stop being a retarded white knight.

How ironic , someone who can't even speak English calls me retarded .

^This

I don't understand what it is with people trying to defend companies... They pay enough people to do that, when they ----- up they need to be held to account, not coddled.

What most people don't seem to remember anymore: They are a company. They exist to make money. They don't care about you in the least. If they can get away with something they will do it, so long as it is in their interest.

I will say it again. They do not care about you - they want your money - they will screw you if they know you're willing to let them.

If I don't agree with how someone handles their frustration it doesn't systematically mean that I'm defending the company per say . If you want to voice your thoughts on certain things there are ways to do it .

Posted

Meanwhile he puts a space before and after all punctuation. That's also not ironic; calling you a retard when you're being a retard is completely expected. Try again, retard. BBgone is a good name for you because you need to be gone.

If I don't agree with how someone handles their frustration it doesn't systematically mean that I'm defending the company per say . If you want to voice your thoughts on certain things there are ways to do it .

Meanwhile there wasn't anything aggressive in what I said towards Daum originally, yet you felt the need to criticize me in a hostile manner. Hmmm... you're quite the hypocrite, aren't you? Hypocritical and retarded! You're quite the special snowflake, aren't you? Then again, most white knights are. How un-ironic!

^This

I don't understand what it is with people trying to defend companies... They pay enough people to do that, when they ----- up they need to be held to account, not coddled.

What most people don't seem to remember anymore: They are a company. They exist to make money. They don't care about you in the least. If they can get away with something they will do it, so long as it is in their interest.

I will say it again. They do not care about you - they want your money - they will screw you if they know you're willing to let them.

Exactly. I've played enough free to play titles and been around the block enough to see this shit coming. With all the mistakes this publisher has made and all the crap they continue to do, they don't deserve any passes. We should give them slack when they screw up. As for the whole not wanting to wait two more weeks: everyone waited a whole month for the box to begin with, only to be shafted with a no-change-for-anything-good box. They did everything they had to get the box at the expected time. Now we have to wait longer. It sucks, but it's completely fine since there's no way they'll be able to properly send the boxes out in waves without making it more trouble than its worth. Would have been nice, but I didn't expect it from the start. 

I realized how stupid it was to ask after I made the post. Oh well. It got the white knight crapbags to show their ugly mugs so I could laugh at them. So I guess it's not too bad in the end.

Posted

Meanwhile he puts a space before and after all punctuation. That's also not ironic; calling you a retard when you're being a retard is completely expected. Try again, retard. BBgone is a good name for you because you need to be gone.

Meanwhile there wasn't anything aggressive in what I said towards Daum originally, yet you felt the need to criticize me in a hostile manner. Hmmm... you're quite the hypocrite, aren't you? Hypocritical and retarded! You're quite the special snowflake, aren't you? Then again, most white knights are. How un-ironic!

Exactly. I've played enough free to play titles and been around the block enough to see this shit coming. With all the mistakes this publisher has made and all the crap they continue to do, they don't deserve any passes. We should give them slack when they screw up. As for the whole not wanting to wait two more weeks: everyone waited a whole month for the box to begin with, only to be shafted with a no-change-for-anything-good box. They did everything they had to get the box at the expected time. Now we have to wait longer. It sucks, but it's completely fine since there's no way they'll be able to properly send the boxes out in waves without making it more trouble than its worth. Would have been nice, but I didn't expect it from the start. 

I realized how stupid it was to ask after I made the post. Oh well. It got the white knight crapbags to show their ugly mugs so I could laugh at them. So I guess it's not too bad in the end.

How exactly was I aggressive ? You're the one calling me a retard and acting like a spoiled little brat .

If they start giving out the new box now they will have to distribute them every day to everyone who is still accepting them so it's simply normal for them to wait for the event to be over before they hand out the second box . 

Posted

literally all you do is "black knighting", wich is just as ugly and laughable as the "white knighting" you despise so much.

Posted (edited)

literally all you do is "black knighting", wich is just as ugly and laughable as the "white knighting" you despise so much.

No, I'm calling someone else out after they tried to call me out. If anything, you're more of a black knight than I am, Mr. I-Hope-You-Get-Rednose-just-so-I-have-something-laugh-about. Pathetic. 

Edited by Xenon

Posted

(For the sake of this reply, I will just assume that by saying 'black knighting' you mean being critical of the way a company handles things and voicing criticism thereof as well as criticism towards the people who see the need to serve as the companies first line of defense, rather than attempting to hold them accountable for the mistakes they make or the ways in which they attempt to ply their playerbase for money. I am infering this from the context, as 'black knighting' has no fixed meaning. )

Not really, being aware as a consumer and insisting that you receive a good service for what you paid is in no way ugly or laughable, nor is criticising the people who are willing to not only allow a company to walk all over them and do what ever they want without being held in any way accountable for their actions. The fact of the matter remains this: The company is here to serve the playerbase, not the playerbase to serve the company. The fact that people forget that is dissapointing in and of itsself.

Yes, like, for instance, making a remark here on these forums, for everyone, especially the company, to see. That way other people that are angry, frustrated or simply unhappy about the current buisness model are able to see that they are not the only ones and the company is forced to react in some way, because people know they aren't the only ones upset at the current state of things.

If you were referring to submitting a ticket or writing them an email, those are things they can ignore or handwave without giving a proper response. The whole point of doing it publicly is to force a reaction that otherwise may never happen.

Posted (edited)

(For the sake of this reply, I will just assume that by saying 'black knighting' you mean being critical of the way a company handles things and voicing criticism thereof as well as criticism towards the people who see the need to serve as the companies first line of defense, rather than attempting to hold them accountable for the mistakes they make or the ways in which they attempt to ply their playerbase for money. I am infering this from the context, as 'black knighting' has no fixed meaning. )

Not really, being aware as a consumer and insisting that you receive a good service for what you paid is in no way ugly or laughable, nor is criticising the people who are willing to not only allow a company to walk all over them and do what ever they want without being held in any way accountable for their actions. The fact of the matter remains this: The company is here to serve the playerbase, not the playerbase to serve the company. The fact that people forget that is dissapointing in and of itsself.

you misinterpreted my post. to be fair, its not exactly easy to get me right, given just my reply. let me clarify:

by "black knighting" i did not mean voicing critic. neither insisting on recieving good service. what i meant is constantly voicing complaints about literally everything towards the company. that includes simple things such as bad luck, wich does not exactly fall under the category "bad service". from what i have read in this thread, the person i replied to was more whining about not getting what he wanted from rng things, then fairly critisizing the failures from the company. now let me get into detail.

screwing up a patch, implementing a supposedly rng box that turns a 100% rate on 1 item, unstable servers, ect... those things all deserve to be voiced and are what you could call a screwup by the company.

complaining about the solution, because it will be after the event will have ended is not critisizm... it is only in perspective to those who logged in every day since the start of the event. well shit, the event still keeps going after alot of people allready got the box... shame on them that they will give the chance to get red nose free + the real box to all who attend the event, not only the ones who got the first 30 days (wich is surprisingly the moment the box fail was unraveled). if they repair the box now, people will complain about not getting the red nose armor for free.

for once they actually have a pretty good solution for something. and yet again people complain about that solution. the announcement came like roughly 8 hours after getting the defective box was possible. that is not super fast, but it is also not terribly slow. how they will solve it is good enough to be satisfactory for hopefully the majority of the playerbase.

that is what i meant by black knighting. imo it is just as short sighted and irrelevant as someone who just smiles and waves at everything a company does wrong and is not to be taken seriously. it is also just as annoying.

ps.: the phrase "black knighting" came up, because someone complaint about the "white knights" in context of said acting to shield a company from fair critic.

Edited by VengeanceAngel
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah the people who opened it already have to wait 12 more days, when they gave out the bugged Kamasilve Buff you also instantly got the fixed version.

I liuke KAKAO but a mistake a box giving the worst item of all to all ppl? weird mistake, why not give all bheg gloves as mistake? it was not a mistake... 

Posted (edited)

thank you CM_Aethon very quick response.

Edited by Eastcoast

Posted

best thing that could happen, all those whiners, whinning all the day, get a second red nose. that would be the event of the century for me :D

Posted (edited)

I doubt it was a mistake. More like the "trick" part of "trick or treat". So many people joked and heckled saying everyone would just get a red nose boss gear...I would have "fudged" it on purpose just to troll all the haters and have a laugh before fixing it for everyone. 

Edited by Painted

Posted

Yes, like, for instance, making a remark here on these forums, for everyone, especially the company, to see. That way other people that are angry, frustrated or simply unhappy about the current buisness model are able to see that they are not the only ones and the company is forced to react in some way, because people know they aren't the only ones upset at the current state of things.

If you were referring to submitting a ticket or writing them an email, those are things they can ignore or handwave without giving a proper response. The whole point of doing it publicly is to force a reaction that otherwise may never happen.

Yes because coming on the forums calling people incompetent is the right way to voice your frustration .

Posted (edited)

Yes because coming on the forums calling people incompetent is the right way to voice your frustration .

If I were to screw up at work in a way that affected a lot of people, what do you think I would be called?

I would be interested in hearing what you believe the objectively 'right' way to voice ones frustrations would be.

Please only include the options that have a chance of getting something changed in a way that alleviates said frustration.

And, knowing that you quoted my last post, feel free to take the criteria outlined therin into acount.

you misinterpreted my post. to be fair, its not exactly easy to get me right, given just my reply. let me clarify:

by "black knighting" i did not mean voicing critic. neither insisting on recieving good service. what i meant is constantly voicing complaints about literally everything towards the company. that includes simple things such as bad luck, wich does not exactly fall under the category "bad service". from what i have read in this thread, the person i replied to was more whining about not getting what he wanted from rng things, then fairly critisizing the failures from the company. now let me get into detail.

screwing up a patch, implementing a supposedly rng box that turns a 100% rate on 1 item, unstable servers, ect... those things all deserve to be voiced and are what you could call a screwup by the company.

complaining about the solution, because it will be after the event will have ended is not critisizm... it is only in perspective to those who logged in every day since the start of the event. well shit, the event still keeps going after alot of people allready got the box... shame on them that they will give the chance to get red nose free + the real box to all who attend the event, not only the ones who got the first 30 days (wich is surprisingly the moment the box fail was unraveled). if they repair the box now, people will complain about not getting the red nose armor for free.

for once they actually have a pretty good solution for something. and yet again people complain about that solution. the announcement came like roughly 8 hours after getting the defective box was possible. that is not super fast, but it is also not terribly slow. how they will solve it is good enough to be satisfactory for hopefully the majority of the playerbase.

that is what i meant by black knighting. imo it is just as short sighted and irrelevant as someone who just smiles and waves at everything a company does wrong and is not to be taken seriously. it is also just as annoying.

ps.: the phrase "black knighting" came up, because someone complaint about the "white knights" in context of said acting to shield a company from fair critic.

Sorry for misunderstanding ;D

Edited by elGos

Posted

If I were to screw up at work in a way that affected a lot of people, what do you think I would be called?

I would be interested in hearing what you believe the objectively 'right' way to voice ones frustrations would be.

Please only include the options that have a chance of getting something changed in a way that alleviates said frustration.

And, knowing that you quoted my last post, feel free to take the criteria outlined therin into acount.

Sorry for misunderstanding ;D

They gave those reward for simply logging in the game and they noticed that it was defective and they came up with a solution in a very acceptable time frame so what's your point . You're going to tell me that it affected your gameplay so much that it made your gaming experience horrible ?

Posted

I doubt it was a mistake. More like the "trick" part of "trick or treat". So many people joked and heckled saying everyone would just get a red nose boss gear...I would have "fudged" it on purpose just to troll all the haters and have a laugh before fixing it for everyone. 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/116036-red-nose-day-why-so-serious/

This red nose box was a 100% intended trolling

Posted

Greetings adventurers,

We have investigated the reports of users having received only a single item type from the Attendance Reward 'Boss Armor Box'. At this time it appears the item is not functioning as intended, we are taking the necessary steps to correct this issue. Players that received one of the defective boxes will be issued a new fixed version at the end of the event.

Please note you will only receive the second box if you had already claimed the defective attendance reward by the end of the event, in addition to this we will not be removing any of the rewards earned by the original box.  Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for understanding.

i suggest u give everyone a boss box that way it would insentivise more players 2 return 2 the game

Posted

They gave those reward for simply logging in the game and they noticed that it was defective and they came up with a solution in a very acceptable time frame so what's your point . You're going to tell me that it affected your gameplay so much that it made your gaming experience horrible ?

My point, which I have made again and again is simply this:

1. The Attendance Reward existed to boost server traffic and get people to play every day.

2. At the end of the reward you were promised a box of boss armour with a chance for each piece.

3. You filled your side of the deal by logging in 30 days over the reward period.

4. They screwed up the reward on their side, after screwing up over and over again in the past.

The heated reaction is rightfully based on two things. First and foremost the fact that they failed to uphold their end of the deal. Secondly on the fact that, had this been a singular, one time mistake, no one would be complaining, but the fact of the matter is that this is only the latest in a string of srew ups, which, combined with the shady buisness model they happen to use, already had everyone angry or disappointed.

On top of that a lot of people, including yourself, do not seem to remember the most important fact of all, we are not here to serve the company, they are here to serve us and to insure that we are happy with the service they provide, failing to do so is unacceptable.

If you ordered a steak and it was delivered raw, you will not only receive another steak, but you will receive free desert as well as an apology.

Here it still remains to be seen if they will give us the steak cooked the right way or if they simply return it to us raw (for instance a second boss box that still has any chance of rednose) or if they give it to us cooked correctly (0-20% chance of rednose), but one thing is for certain, there is no desert as an apology - only empty words that we have heard over and over again from the same people. If a company screws up, fixing the issue is not sufficient, there has to be some kind of meaning to the apology. But if someone makes mistakes almost on a weekly basis and the final product that they are selling is less than polished and all we ever receive are empty words and 3 odd blackstone from GM boxes with slanted RNG, it is no wonder people are upset by this.

For me the last straw was this:

One thing I do not like is being treated like an idiot who will roll over and take it from anyone, let alone a company that is there to serve me in return for payment.  The fact that they are trying to put it off as a joke here, sincerely disgusts me. One thing is for certain. I did not give this company my money so they could donate it to charity, I gave it to them, so they can fix this broken -----ing game and provide me with decent customer service, which, it seems, they are utterly incapable of.

Posted

My point, which I have made again and again is simply this:

1. The Attendance Reward existed to boost server traffic and get people to play every day.

2. At the end of the reward you were promised a box of boss armour with a chance for each piece.

3. You filled your side of the deal by logging in 30 days over the reward period.

4. They screwed up the reward on their side, after screwing up over and over again in the past.

The heated reaction is rightfully based on two things. First and foremost the fact that they failed to uphold their end of the deal. Secondly on the fact that, had this been a singular, one time mistake, no one would be complaining, but the fact of the matter is that this is only the latest in a string of srew ups, which, combined with the shady buisness model they happen to use, already had everyone angry or disappointed.

On top of that a lot of people, including yourself, do not seem to remember the most important fact of all, we are not here to serve the company, they are here to serve us and to insure that we are happy with the service they provide, failing to do so is unacceptable.

If you ordered a steak and it was delivered raw, you will not only receive another steak, but you will receive free desert as well as an apology.

Here it still remains to be seen if they will give us the steak cooked the right way or if they simply return it to us raw (for instance a second boss box that still has any chance of rednose) or if they give it to us cooked correctly (0-20% chance of rednose), but one thing is for certain, there is no desert as an apology - only empty words that we have heard over and over again from the same people. If a company screws up, fixing the issue is not sufficient, there has to be some kind of meaning to the apology. But if someone makes mistakes almost on a weekly basis and the final product that they are selling is less than polished and all we ever receive are empty words and 3 odd blackstone from GM boxes with slanted RNG, it is no wonder people are upset by this.

For me the last straw was this:

One thing I do not like is being treated like an idiot who will roll over and take it from anyone, let alone a company that is there to serve me in return for payment.  The fact that they are trying to put it off as a joke here, sincerely disgusts me. One thing is for certain. I did not give this company my money so they could donate it to charity, I gave it to them, so they can fix this broken -----ing game and provide me with decent customer service, which, it seems, they are utterly incapable of.

Poor thing :( did you try and play outside to let the frustration out ?

Posted

Poor thing :( did you try and play outside to let the frustration out ?

Not even going to try and argue your point? -.-

Posted

Not even going to try and argue your point? -.-

You're complaning like its a first world problem T_T move on buddy the problem has been solved and the way they handled it makes total sense . Yes they came across an issue but what MMO game doesnt ? Even world of warcraft which is the biggest MMO company in the world do come across stuff like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have any of you got a second red nose armor from the comp box..... no cause you haven't received it. Kindly shut the hell up the cms and gms can't change the box pearl abyss has to and as far as paying premium for a game it was buy to play stop crying about it and it was only as expensive as you chose for it to be. You guys complain way to much the offered a fix. Deal with it

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You're complaning like its a first world problem T_T move on buddy the problem has been solved and the way they handled it makes total sense . Yes they came across an issue but what MMO game doesnt ? Even world of warcraft which is the biggest MMO company in the world do come across stuff like that.

First of all, WoW is the Game, Blizzard entertainment is the company.

Secondly, I used to play WoW, as well as many other MMORPGs and several MMOFPS and I can safely say that the only game that had these kinds of issues on this regular a basis was Firefall - and that game is basically dead now, for good reason.  I would rather not see that happen to bdo, considering the amount of money I've spent on it. (also, just saying everything is shit, so they are allowed to be shit too, wouldn't be a justification, even if it were actually the case)

And finally, as far as I am concerned, the problem is far from fixeed. That is because I consider this latest issue to be a symptom of the greater problem, that being the general conduct of Kakao games in the way they run their buisness, as well as their mismanagement or lack of technical experience.

Have any of you got a second red nose armor from the comp box..... no cause you haven't received it. Kindly shut the hell up the cms and gms can't change the box pearl abyss has to and as far as paying premium for a game it was buy to play stop crying about it and it was only as expensive as you chose for it to be. You guys complain way to much the offered a fix. Deal with it

So, when the second box drops rednose for almost everyone, I can expect you to be posting a full retration here then?

And if you want a good example of a f2p buisness model look at SWTOR or Tera, this game isn't the worst I've seen where buisness model is concerned, but its far from anything other than barely mediocre.

Edited by elGos

Posted

Secondly, I used to play WoW, as well as many other MMORPGs and several MMOFPS and I can safely say that the only game that had these kinds of issues on this regular a basis was Firefall - and that game is basically dead now, for good reason.  I would rather not see that happen to bdo, considering the amount of money I've spent on it. (also, just saying everything is shit, so they are allowed to be shit too, wouldn't be a justification, even if it were actually the case)

And finally, as far as I am concerned, the problem is far from fixeed. That is because I consider this latest issue to be a symptom of the greater problem, that being the general conduct of Kakao games in the way they run their buisness, as well as their mismanagement or lack of technical experience.

So, when the second box drops rednose for almost everyone, I can expect you to be posting a full retration here then?

And if you want a good example of a f2p buisness model look at SWTOR or Tera, this game isn't the worst I've seen where buisness model is concerned, but its far from anything other than barely mediocre.

You complain for stupid shit .... if you want to complain and be taken seriously complain about something that is worth something . For exemple right now they disabled the Shovel/Gathering water but that affects any interaction with the item including removing them from the inventory (Deleting or storing them or selling them) im stuck with 7k shovel in my inventory and always overweight ... That my friend is an inconvient you on the other end complains about shit like Q_Q I didnt get my boss armor I mean my FREE BOSS ARMOR T_T

Posted

You complain for stupid shit .... if you want to complain and be taken seriously complain about something that is worth something . For exemple right now they disabled the Shovel/Gathering water but that affects any interaction with the item including removing them from the inventory (Deleting or storing them or selling them) im stuck with 7k shovel in my inventory and always overweight ... That my friend is an inconvient you on the other end complains about shit like Q_Q I didnt get my boss armor I mean my FREE BOSS ARMOR T_T

We just went full circle, so all I have to do is to remind you of all of my previous, fairly detailed posts, that you never bothered properly responding to. And, as you never successfully disputed any of my points, they still stand.

Posted

swtor was a subscription based molded game that went to free to play at severe restrictions to the player this game is no where near as nerves to the players who choose not to spend money on the game quit literally all you need to buy to play competitively in game is the weight limit increases the rest can be purchased off the market. Your crafting isn't nerves nor is your pvp. This game has lived up to several expectations I had personally. And if I get rednosettled armor again that sucks however I can always still go to tree and snipe musk and off the market it is not impossible. I got faiths and begs that way. Let me brake it down barnie style get a buddy go to pirate island turn on special deals and grind you will make a considerable amount of silver. Do thus till you have a hundred mil. Place a ton in Heidel and putt the boss armors you don't have on notification damn that's rocket science. Oh and redone still has higher dp than none boss armor 2 sockets and works for the boss gear set affect and your getting it for free so in reality all of you cry way to much.