• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Attendance Reward Box

410 posts in this topic

Posted

A lot of people need to calm down a bit, complaining about free stuff ...

They said they'd fix it at the end of the event, so we can just wait until then, no need to rage prematurely, lest you have no rage left for the realy important things in life.

Like the lack of the korean halloween costumes, foxy elf when? :D

Yeah, they'll fix it, now only 9/10 people will get rednose...

Posted

Ye, speedy response - and yet they want to take action in 2weeks+ :'D

Credit where it's due lad, credit where it's due.

Posted

I can't believe the crying in this thread...

You're getting free stuff, they made a mistake and are fixing it.... quit whining.

Posted

They wanted to use the same RNG algorithm like in other boxes, where blackstones are around 98.5% of all. So don't think we will even get a 4 x 20% fair chance of getting anything else than rednose armor from this box. It will be again around 98.5% Rednose and 0.36% each the other boss parts.
Never dream of Kakao will get you something good/nessecary for free! They just bait on you...
In reallife Kakao would be banned/punished by using this extremely manipulated kind of roulette. I often had a good item in roulette, it stands still and one second later, it jumped to the next blackstone. You can't win! 1 of 1000 gets something good.

this aint true. if you buy a lottery ticket? the chance of winning is less then dieing on your way to work

Posted

I can't believe the crying in this thread...

You're getting free stuff, they made a mistake and are fixing it.... quit whining.

So, I'm guessing that when bonuses come out where you work, and they hand you a check for $1.00 and say "Thank you!"  and then they give the guy behind you $10,000 for doing the exact same job at the exact same level of competence, and let everyone know it, you're not going to feel the least bit slighted?  That you wouldn't feel like complaining?  I mean... hey!  It's a whole dollar!

3 people like this

Posted

Remove Red Nose on the box and add a good yellow and blue accesories in it :)

2 people like this

Posted

at the end of the event, yeah ----- you too

Don't flame buddy, that response was really nice this time. :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just change the stats on Red Nose so that it is a viable piece of armor. Kinda stupid to have a boss armor nobody wants.

Edited by skip
2 people like this

Posted

Faith in humanity restored :) im at work atm, did they send the second box already?

Posted

Remember, Remember the 13th of October of reward treason and plot. I know of no reason why the Rednose plot should ever be forgot.

Faith in humanity restored :) im at work atm, did they send the second box already?

Nay it'll most likely be given to us on the 26th...

Posted

in 2 weeks!

Posted

But anyway im happy to get another red nose armor yey... :D

Posted

Why not everybody get Hebe armor ? Why Red Nose ?... its code, nothing more...very funny from devs.

1 person likes this

Posted

But anyway im happy to get another red nose armor yey... :D

Yeah that way we can use it to repair :P

Posted

Thanks for sending out replacement boxes at end of event - which makes sense because it saves them keeping track of who will get it because not everyone has yet claimed their Boss Armor box (seeing as it can happen anywhere between today and Oct 26th).

And all you crybabies who don't have a shred of gratitude in your soul, stfu you're getting 2 pieces of boss armor of which one is RN. How entitled can you get coming here raging like a -----ing toddler!?

3 people like this

Posted

This's amazing that you are not able to code a simple box... 

1 person likes this

Posted

So ? instead of 99.999999999% chance to get red nose, now its gonna be 99.98 % ?

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry to be salty but why no QA/QC on something like this; overall it has been a poor week for BDO Quality Assurance / Control departments. Also the 'working box surely should be scripted to give a very low chance for the rednose item' otherwise its like a 2nd kick in the '''' rather than a reward; in fact I see no reason why the reward should be rng/scripted; instead give players the option to choose 1 of the 5 boss pieces as the attendance reward.

While I'm at it, the 'inter' GM compensation packages (AKA black stone armour package) for the failed ranger awakening launch should be removed along with the mervs pallet = useless and annoying to receive in kind-off 'Oo look what you could get'.. roll .. hahaha sucker.

Kind regards

Dio

3 people like this

Posted

For gods sake, remove Red Nose from that second box or make its chance 0% I dont want the second one.

Btw Red Nose is now worth selling to vendor.

4 people like this

Posted

its not a -----ing accident. it is CODE, no matter how incompetent you are this would not just "happen by accident".....

Programmers overlook all kinds of mistakes all the time. This is how we have bugs in our current game. It could have happened. It might not have been. I don't know, but it's within the realm of possibility.

This's amazing that you are not able to code a simple box... 

Do you know how to write a getatrandom function? It's usually a pretty complicated formula to write, depending on how you want to do it and based on what factors. Most code bases have these things already written in some fashion in their IDEs, but sometimes, you have to write your own to accomplish what you want to accomplish. In this case, it was likely a number they missed when QAing. You can blame iit being missed in our version by both Kakao and PA.. 

All that aside, they need to remove red nose from the box. No point in including it now that everyone has one.  I'd say make bhegs the next highest chance, since it's a piece everybody can benefit from, and make the rest a decent chance.

1 person likes this

Posted

I really am not surprised in the slightest that they -----ed this up lol 

Posted

So... I have to get red-nosed in order to maybe not get red-nosed at the end of the event? Oh well, so be it. If anything, we can p2w 30 extra durability with the double-red-nose-armor from the event.

Thanks for looking into the matter!

Posted

Greetings adventurers,

We have investigated the reports of users having received only a single item type from the Attendance Reward 'Boss Armor Box'. At this time it appears the item is not functioning as intended, we are taking the necessary steps to correct this issue. Players that received one of the defective boxes will be issued a new fixed version at the end of the event.

Please note you will only receive the second box if you had already claimed the defective attendance reward by the end of the event, in addition to this we will not be removing any of the rewards earned by the original box.  Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for understanding.

Your PR is laughable. Way to go pissing your entire player base again giving them a rigged RNG box with 99% red nose lul

2 people like this

Posted

I am telling you, after this. Everybody who gets Red Nose for second time, will be salty as hell, maybe even ragequit.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am telling you, after this. Everybody who gets Red Nose for second time, will be salty as hell, maybe even ragequit.

did i mention that i don't care ? don't include me in your prophecies xD

1 person likes this