• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please stop pretending that boss armor giveaways are altruistic.

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Consider they gave away maybe 150k pieces of boss gear for free (the number being a guess).

What they really gave you is a GREAT reason to give them money (in the form of artisans memory)

if only 20 percent of the people give them money for artisans memory for repairing the armor that's being upgraded, that's still 30k more people giving them money they would not have gotten normally.

So, all the people saying how wonderful the company is for giving away free armor, please just stop, its yet another attempt to your cash.

2 people like this

Posted

I do believe we have a meathead in process for this discussion which is being tracked by the staff for feedback. ^_^

Posted

Consider they gave away maybe 150k pieces of boss gear for free (the number being a guess).

What they really gave you is a GREAT reason to give them money (in the form of artisans memory)

if only 20 percent of the people give them money for artisans memory for repairing the armor that's being upgraded, that's still 30k more people giving them money they would not have gotten normally.

So, all the people saying how wonderful the company is for giving away free armor, please just stop, its yet another attempt to your cash.

Currently, Red Nose Armor is going for about 13 million a pop. Can't you use the armor + artisan's memory to repair 30 durability per artisan's memory? If so, 400 loyalty points + 13 million silver gets you a lot of durability repair for no cash cost at all.

Posted

Currently, Red Nose Armor is going for about 13 million a pop. Can't you use the armor + artisan's memory to repair 30 durability per artisan's memory? If so, 400 loyalty points + 13 million silver gets you a lot of durability repair for no cash cost at all.

rednose is about 15 mil per unit on uno, which is about the price of 20 memfrags.

So the question becomes do you want 400 loyalty or 7 million silver (the price difference)..  Personally, i would rather have 400 loyalty. 

Posted

The guy has a point. GIVEAWAY a piece of boss armor. 

-keep people coming back to at least log in

-artisan memory sales will slightly increase

-players will keep waiting till their class awakening comes out

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE $$$$

Posted

rednose is about 15 mil per unit on uno, which is about the price of 20 memfrags.

So the question becomes do you want 400 loyalty or 7 million silver (the price difference)..  Personally, i would rather have 400 loyalty. 

Wrong, Red nose armor is at 11mil I have bought 5 of them already. So 730000 * 30= 21.9 mil I just saved 50% costs on my red nose armor. Thanks everyone.

Posted

Either way, you're keeping all your cash. Which makes the claim that this is a cash grab a little silly, no?

Posted

Have they finally done it? started invading peoples houses and pointing guns at peoples heads so they will buy Artisan Memory? 

Though, I love the whole over and over announcement or red nose armor annoucements, talk about RNG (of 100% chance everyone will get red nose)

Posted

Have they finally done it? started invading peoples houses and pointing guns at peoples heads so they will buy Artisan Memory? 

no, but when 50 cents saves you 1.5 mil, people gonna start buying

i myself only repair boss gear with memory, probably saved me a few billion by now lol

Posted

I would certainly agree that give always are a business decision intended to increase company profits.  I personally don't think many for profit companies do anything because they are being altruistic (often what appears to be altruistic is really just good public relations).  However, if it benefits both the company and players then in my opinion it's a win-win situation.

Of course you must also consider that some or even all of that 20 percent might not increase their game spending budget at all and the company could loose 30k sales of other items they would have sold because people purchased the artisans memory instead.  You must also consider that many of those people would have eventually gotten the boss armor anyway through game play and made the same artisans memory purchase even without getting the free boss armor.

Let's be realistic.  There is more to the story then what you said in your OP.

Posted (edited)

I would certainly agree that give always are a business decision intended to increase company profits.  I personally don't think many for profit companies do anything because they are being altruistic (often what appears to be altruistic is really just good public relations).  However, if it benefits both the company and players then in my opinion it's a win-win situation.

Of course you must also consider that some or even all of that 20 percent might not increase their game spending budget at all and the company could loose 30k sales of other items they would have sold because people purchased the artisans memory instead.  You must also consider that many of those people would have eventually gotten the boss armor anyway through game play and made the same artisans memory purchase even without getting the free boss armor.

Let's be realistic.  There is more to the story then what you said in your OP.

wtf is this awful logic. There is no situation where they LOSE money from this giveaway. Literally none.

Edited by Avocados

Posted

a_0886eb74.jpg

Posted

You think?  Man... and here I was thinking they work on the power of hopes and dreams, feeding their families nothing but good thoughts and love.

Posted

wtf is this awful logic. There is no situation where they LOSE money from this giveaway. Literally none.

The logic seems awful to you because you don’t comprehend what I wrote.  I will make it simpler by listing each premise to support my statement that (bold text added for emphasis) “the company could lose 30k sales off other items they would have sold because people purchased the artisans memory instead”:

Player John has a gaming budget of $10 to make purchases from the cash shop in December.

Player John planned to purchase item (A) from the cash shop for $10 in December

Company adds a new item (B) to cash shop for $10 in December

Player buys item (B) instead of item (A) in December

Company gains $10 from sale of item (B) but looses $10 by not selling item (A) in December

Therefore Company makes no profit from player John by adding item (B) to cash shop

Note that at no time did is say the company would "LOSE money".  What I clearly said was they could lose money off the sale of other items.  There is a deference.

I hope I have made this simple enough for you to fully comprehend. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You think?  Man... and here I was thinking they work on the power of hopes and dreams, feeding their families nothing but good thoughts and love.

i've tried that, it tastes like nuddles.

Posted (edited)

The logic seems awful to you because you don’t comprehend what I wrote.  I will make it simpler by listing each premise to support my statement that (bold text added for emphasis) “the company could lose 30k sales off other items they would have sold because people purchased the artisans memory instead”:

Player John has a gaming budget of $10 to make purchases from the cash shop in December.

Company gains $10 from sale of item (B) but looses $10 by not selling item (A) in December

Therefore Company makes no profit from player John by adding item (B) to cash shop

Note that at no time did is say the company would "LOSE money".  What I clearly said was they could lose money off the sale of other items.  There is a deference.

i fully comprehend what you said but it makes no sense. Why does it matter? They gain sales from a specific amount either way, people might just spend the money elsewhere.. on the same cash shop. There's no way it isn't beneficial. They're making money off person c who buys both. Person D who buys nothing isn't even relevant anyways. Also this is silly because artisans memory isnt something they're adding this patch. It's already in the game. This is about free boss armor promoting artisans memory sales.

Edited by Avocados
1 person likes this

Posted

While you're not necessarily wrong, I find this pretty damn silly.

Nothing is altruistic in any MMO. Why do people produce new content at no extra cost to anyone who has purchased that game?

- Brings in new and returning players, who will most likely spend some money

- Adds new gear and outfits, resulting in money spent

- Gaming Journalists will use it as a headline, resulting in free advertisement which ultimately increases the player count. That translates into profit.

There's tons of other reasons, and this is all pretty much common sense. If you are willingly joining a gaming community, you're a part of the industry. Industries make money. Again, this is really common sense and if you're only now realizing this, then I don't really have any words.

You can make this argument about anything that ever existed in an MMORPG. Clearly you have lots of pent up anger/frustration, which is OKAY, but you're just directing it in pretty dumb ways I guess.

Posted

Inb4 they're really giving it away because they're releasing better purple grade boss armour.

Posted

yep, could be canibalization and pull-in but if that is the case the good question iswhy do it. The answer then is nit good

Posted

i fully comprehend what you said but it makes no sense. Why does it matter? They gain sales from a specific amount either way, people might just spend the money elsewhere.. on the same cash shop. There's no way it isn't beneficial. They're making money off person c who buys both. Person D who buys nothing isn't even relevant anyways. Also this is silly because artisans memory isnt something they're adding this patch. It's already in the game. This is about free boss armor promoting artisans memory sales.

I'm sorry but I've explained my comments in the simplest terms I possibly could.  If you still are incapable of comprehending what I said then there is nothing else I can do for you.  I'm not responsible for your education.  That is something you will need to look after yourself.