• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Urgent] Desync, Lag, Rubber Banding, FPS Drops

444 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@War

I don't know how to explain to you what I mean either, even more as english isn't my native langage.

I use connection as in "connection oriented communication" / one client connects to a server through sockets. It has nothing to do with datas or physical connection.

Don't know how to disambiguate this. It's like on the phone. Both you and the other person you are talking to have picked up the phone (the phone being a socket). As long as nobody hangs up, it's a "connection" even if nobody talks (word and sentence being datas and packets). A game shouldn't "hang up the phone" for a while even if nobody is talking (in a MMO there is constant talking though), a web server/browser relation is more like picking up and hanging up every time you want to say something for example.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

My game still looks exactly like the above vids.  No change

Uno

All channels

California

Comcast

1 person likes this

Posted

bump

Posted

MORE COSTUMES PLESSS

Posted

This issue is still plaguing  my gameplay, been life skilling solly to avoid the desync

Orwen

all channels

alberta, canada

shaw

Posted

Also, I could be wrong, as I've still yet to do any testing with it, but I'm quite positive the game might be UDP.
If it is TCP however, people should be able to use denagle to improve connection a bit. This may or may not fix desync just a bit, but only one way to figure it out.

This game uses both udp and tcp. Pretty typical since you would not be able to play very well using just tcp.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game uses both udp and tcp. Pretty typical since you would not be able to play very well using just tcp.

I'll do some denagle testing later, then, if I have time.

Thanks for your response.

Hopefully I can provide some information that may decrease lag for everyone.

Inb4 tcp only handles chat client/server, etcs. Eh.

We will see.

Posted

The developers have applied a change today, which should improve the issues with lag and desync.

Can you please let me know if you are seeing any improvements at all on your server/channel since today?

Best regards,
GM Dew

"""change"""

exactly what change?? lately the vast majority of my grabs have either been AVOID STATUS or INVALID TARGET because the servers are a complete joke

how do you call yourself a game company when your servers are so atrocious? and it's not like it's been like this since the recent patch, it's been like this since the release of the game because for some reason kakao eu deems it unnecessary to upgrade the servers 

Posted (edited)

"""change"""

exactly what change?? lately the vast majority of my grabs have either been AVOID STATUS or INVALID TARGET because the servers are a complete joke

how do you call yourself a game company when your servers are so atrocious? and it's not like it's been like this since the recent patch, it's been like this since the release of the game because for some reason kakao eu deems it unnecessary to upgrade the servers 

I've had no issue with latency/grabs until this patch other than launch. I play a zerker.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I can link you my twitch vods if you want and half the time I grab out of thin air with no stomp because i have 20ms to the server, lol.

I 100% have an issue now though, however.

Also, upgrading servers isn't the be-all, end-all performance upgrades for games. Half the time actually updating the servers hardware doesn't do much unless they are running absolutely old servers. I believe the server specs were posted in the forum before and they were up to date, I don't want to go look for them though.

What needs to be looked at is server load, server latency and response times, and what nodes people route through to connect to the game. If one or two nodes are messed up that everyone has to connect through to get into the game, that would cause problems like we are seeing. Check the server first and if everything looks good check the connecting nodes outwards.

Consequently it feels like RBF has no lag for some reason but all the city arenas do.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

I honestly must say....

EIther I am in the extreme minority, or I just got damn good internet. I have 0 Desync issues.

Pittsburgh, PA 

No Issues

Verizon Fios

Edited by Visnja

Posted

The developers have applied a change today, which should improve the issues with lag and desync.

Can you please let me know if you are seeing any improvements at all on your server/channel since today?

Best regards,
GM Dew

No server restart, no client patch ... HAHA ... please stop posting nonsense. I know it is not your fault, but the fault of PA .. but still ROFLMAO

Incompetent Developer + Publisher ... please reveal the secret which outsourced company was hired for the GFX engine, I doubt PA coded it internal.

Posted (edited)

No server restart, no client patch ... HAHA ... please stop posting nonsense. I know it is not your fault, but the fault of PA .. but still ROFLMAO

Incompetent Developer + Publisher ... please reveal the secret which outsourced company was hired for the GFX engine, I doubt PA coded it internal.

If you understand anything about servers at all you'd know that client patches and server restarts aren't needed. Servers commonly have hot swaps. If you had to bring down a server every time you edited something, facebook would be down 24/7. WoW would be down 24/7 since they are currently doing hotfixes daily

Do you know why a hotfix is called a hotfix? because the server doesn't need to go down for it, and a client patch isn't needed.

The graphics engine is it's own unique engine, and graphics has nothing to do with server desync which is what we are seeing. If you are having FPS lag, turn off improve distance, other then that I'm sitting at 100+ fps in my grinding spots.

The only lag the vast majority of me and my guild are experiencing is of the server variety, not FPS.

This is already talked about in above posts though, so...yeah.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

Game locking up sounds like client sided issues.How long has your game been up? Does it have access to enough RAM to work? Is it running in 32bit and reaching 3.3gig usage? Is it on a >7200rpm HDD? is it on an HDD at all?

Game locking up is more than likely 99% nothing to do with the server, unless there is more to this I am missing.

Fixes require testing, implementation and testing.

"Fix shit" is not a valid query.
Elaborate on when, where, and what around you, etc. is happening if you occur an issue, helps make it easier to reproduce problems in the game for those testing.

Yes. Would you like examples of some that can occur?

i love how everyone is suddenly an expert in computers, when you say something went wrong. I have a masters in computer engineering. I know that it was client side, and that it is the Xigncode 3. I am not tampering with it and getting banned. On top of that, it is something happening to many that know how to check, so it is not isolated.  

Edited by Zibbernopperrroo

Posted (edited)

i love how everone is suddenly an expert in computers, when you say something went wrong. I have a masters in computer. I know it was client side, and that it is the Xigncode 3. I am not tampering with it and getting banned. On top of that, it is something happening to many w how to check, so it is not isolated.  

Are you running EVGA Precision X or MSI afterburner per chance? I noticed if i try to run the OSD from them it crashes the game. I didn't read up and look at your specific issue as I'm about to go to eat. lmk. I have an associates in CIT-IS so i'm not that dumb xD

If you have 8GB of ram and open browsers, check your commit memory. Click resource monitor.

Commit memory is not memory being used, but memory being commited. BDO LOVES to eat commit memory and constantly caused me to crash until I bought another 8gb of ram. Increasing your page file size is also a fix instead of buying more ram, but I decided to upgrade because of it. 

https://i.gyazo.com/70fd51ae21628b11fd7cab763b7dbff1.png

https://i.gyazo.com/fa00bdfb09a4323d02767a701d7ce1e0.png

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Are you running EVGA Precision X or MSI afterburner per chance? I noticed if i try to run the OSD from them it crashes the game. I didn't read up and look at your specific issue as I'm about to go to eat. lmk. I have an associates in CIT-IS so i'm not that dumb xD

If you have 8GB of ram and open browsers, check your commit memory. Click resource monitor.

Commit memory is NOT memory being used, but memory being COMITTED. BDO LOVES to eat commit memory and constantly caused me to crash until I bought another 8gb of ram. Increasing your page file size is also a fix instead of buying more ram.

https://i.gyazo.com/70fd51ae21628b11fd7cab763b7dbff1.png

https://i.gyazo.com/fa00bdfb09a4323d02767a701d7ce1e0.png

this actually is a great idea and something that I checked first. I have 32g ram, and the game has not surpassed 5gb usage as of yet. 

Posted (edited)

this actually is a great idea and something that I checked first. I have 32g ram, and the game has not surpassed 5gb usage as of yet. 

Check the commit usage.

Commit usage isn't really what the game is using, it's what the game is comitting IE saving incase needed and locking it up. BDO used to commit 7GB of ram and only use 2-2.4GB when I had 8gbs of ram.

32gb of ram shouldn't be an issue though. Do you have a page file? some games crash without a good page file.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

I know that it was client side, and that it is the Xigncode 3. I am not tampering with it and getting banned. On top of that, it is something happening to many that know how to check, so it is not isolated.  

Can you elaborate on why you believe it is the Xigncode 3.

Posted

Check the commit usage.

Commit usage isn't really what the game is using, it's what the game is comitting IE saving incase needed and locking it up. BDO used to commit 7GB of ram and only use 2-2.4GB when I had 8gbs of ram.

32gb of ram shouldn't be an issue though. Do you have a page file? some games crash without a good page file.

it is 100% memory available.  The xign stopped responding first, then the rest of bdo. 

Can you elaborate on why you believe it is the Xigncode 3.

the xign repeatedly crashs and reloads, freezing the game each time. I am old school, not certified in anything past vista for windows, and worked with sat/computer communications as well as programming. I got burned out with constantly keeping up to date for many years, so I just identify the issue and do not progress any further to find out why. If they were to pay me, i would consider it. =P

Posted

Mine looks like the vid above as well, Windows 10, GTX 770 added port forwarding 9991, 9992 and 9993, disabled firewalls and running as admin. Updated NVIDIA drivers. As I mentioned in another post, mobs seem fine it's just players and myself that glitch. If it was a local ISP issue I would think everything would do that.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a specific combination of abilities performed in a specific way that will lag the game so bad i can crash it or at the very least cause a 5-10 second delay in which i spam potions and roll dodge till it catches up. I view it as proof that the servers are extremely deficit. I have been accused of botting many times after a fight, which i just laugh at. On one occasion a streamer attacked me while grinding, i killed him and got a "everyone on my stream just saw you botting and im reporting you". I jumped on the stream and watched the replay lol. In the middle of the fight i disappear and start dropping bombs on him, i was invisible for almost 10 seconds which resulted in me winning the fight. Servers are comical at this point.

Posted

This issue is still plaguing  my gameplay, been life skilling solly to avoid the desync

Orwen

all channels

alberta, canada

shaw

bump

Posted (edited)

-----ing daum lmao

Edited by Dazzlers
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm on Shaw as well in Canada but even on optimization things still glitch. It's on the KR servers as well I think since someone posted a Halloween vid and the part where he shows autumn leaves you can see wagons glitching as well.

Posted

still has not been fix like sometimes it take a few seconds to register that I hit the mob and my Guild is having the same problem and accepting Quest legs to.

Posted

Bump