• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Urgent] Desync, Lag, Rubber Banding, FPS Drops

444 posts in this topic

Posted

Musa life just isn't the same with all the rubberbanding while I go into hyperdrive

Posted

I just got a small patch after being dc'd continously while doing tamer quests. ill get there eventually!

Posted

Desync seems to be fixed for now, confirmed by me and some others on Edan.

Posted

Jordine EU, desync fixed

Posted

Not that I personally ever had a problem with this, but that's excellent news if so! *knock on wood*

Posted

Fixed in terms of being back to what it used to be. People teleporting on the ground, etc...

2 people like this

Posted

Desync seems to be fixed for now, confirmed by me and some others on Edan.

Horses aren't lagging for me in heidel, everything seems fine

Posted

Oh hey they fixed it no Desync or Lag *NICE!*

Posted

Desync isn't noticeable now, but I'm still experiencing framerate lag. 4790k @4.7ghz + 980ti at 1440p here. I used to get 80-90 fps in non town areas on low settings, but now its difficult for me to get past 60 fps. Even optimization mode is laggy, going down to 40fps in relatively empty areas.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Desync isn't noticeable now, but I'm still experiencing framerate lag. 4790k @4.7ghz + 980ti at 1440p here. I used to get 80-90 fps in non town areas on low settings, but now its difficult for me to get past 60 fps. Even optimization mode is laggy, going down to 40fps in relatively empty areas.

Framerate lag is 100% caused by the ocean. I used to get 80-90fps solo grinding @ pirates now I get 50-60 same settings, yet my desert FPS remains unchanged. After talking to some koreans they said the ocean caused alot of fps lag for about 4 weeks before it got a optimization patch

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Its much better.  Its now playable.  However, that being said its not all the way back to where it was.  There is still a hitch and stutter, visible on passing horses etc...  Don't stop now, you guys have almost got it back.

Posted

Framerate lag is 100% caused by the ocean. I used to get 80-90fps solo grinding @ pirates now I get 50-60 same settings, yet my desert FPS remains unchanged. After talking to some koreans they said the ocean caused alot of fps lag for about 4 weeks before it got a optimization patch

Those damn leaf animations they recently added cause loss of fps, enough so that a dev even mentioned it. Maybe they turned that off?

Posted (edited)

Not true. That's only related to that one specific issue. There are frame drops once you get close to a town. And worse is Karanda and Kzarka. Really bad when there are a lot of other players around. Karanda is unplayable for me. ~10-15 FPS. I get 100-120 open world, 40-50 in town (heidel, calpheon, etc) high settings. Lower settings do not change fps at all. Optimization mode is a joke. I actually get higher FPS with optimization mode off 

4790k, FuryX Crossfire, 32GB 2400, 850 Evo. 

Edited by k3mist

Posted

Well horses and wagons look good now, no rubber banding... now do the same with mobs and players and we should be in business :) It's better for sure but the desyncing is still there.

Posted

GM Dew said that this is an issue caused by the new added trees and it's falling leaves animation. Also, the ocean probably plays a big role too.

Posted

GM Dew said that this is an issue caused by the new added trees and it's falling leaves animation. Also, the ocean probably plays a big role too.

Those are only around towns, not in Sausans or Elrics where frame drops appear as well.

Posted

Bumping this back since desync has been getting worse for me at world bosses, worse at Kzaraka but now even Karanda during off hours since the patch.

The gathering time invalid issue has also happened more frequently, which is suspected to be due to desync.

Posted

Yeah desync was bad during node wars

Posted (edited)

Any news? I've played around a bit trying to figure out what goes on (no idea if that is helpful) and it is a matter of location change/speed clearly. As if the bandwidth between server and client is not fast enough updating or the server is not able to equate all the changes between locations in the game. Basically if I walk a distance it almost never happens no matter how deserted the place. If I run it happens more likely. If I am on horse (faster than walking, similar to running) it happens even more frequent. Carts happen more frequently than horses (despite being slower oddly enough).

I'm now mostly remaining on my horse when it happens so the patch helped - but the previous "autopath" is lost and I just decelerate straight ahead from a point I was for me on the client side a second or two ago. I still loose my cart. It still tends to stand a distance ahead of me but at the position I was from client side when it happened - basically my cart is where I and cart was when it happened, my avatar is at a location 1-2 seconds behind that.

Interestingly enough it happens way more frequently on roads between large towns than in larger towns (rarely ever though Velia is more problematic, especially around Bahar is a problem). It is extremely rare away from roads or any NPC settlements/camps. Most frequent by far around Northern Wheat Plantation (the locust infested Barley field where boars are next to it), Central Guard Camp and on the road between Velia and the Mountain pass to Heidel.

Edited by Aneve