• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Urgent] Desync, Lag, Rubber Banding, FPS Drops

444 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems that on orwen server any skills that involves quick movement will teleport the player around such as the warrior opener skill. I am not talking about dashing as it is buggy on kr. I have seen PvP on edan and it doesn't occur there

Posted (edited)

I played the KR version with 2-300 ping and the desync and lag were not as bad as on the NA servers.

Same . Can play KR smoothly, and for EU servers i have to use stupid W T F A S T.

3rd party service! And my connection is 80/80mbit with 10-15ms ping to europe countries ffs.

Edited by Decem

Posted (edited)

I'm going to attempt to clear up a misconception about client-server networking.If I'm having a problem, it's the server. My computer and network runs fine.

Reality of the matter is, if you're not educated in the field of windows clients OR networking, how would you know this? If the server is not goofy for EVERYONE then something is more than likely an issue on the outside of the network of the server.

THERE ARE SOME EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
For example.

Changes could have been made server side that could cause issues for a large majority of people that are running specific types of connections to the server. Depending on these changes, issues could arise on a wide spread spectrum, vs the few running whatever they are.
AT this point, it makes more sense to correct an issue server side rather than convince clients to correct their issues on their side.

That being said, SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE AND NETWORKING IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS JUST KNOWN.

It is an entire, VAST career field, one that people proclaim is dying, one that I have belonged to for just a bit(4-6 years depending on how you look at some of my experience in the past).

Where this isn't as much as some of my coworkers, it is my passion.

I am noticing and experiencing some issues on my end as well, I simply have not had the time to get into seeing just what they might be.
For all we know, it could be a vast number of things. The gimmick to this is finding out just what the problem is and then implementing a solution to that problem.

Depending on the context, "Fixes" like these can take months, regardless of skill level, as sometimes entire frameworks/protocols may need to be rewritten and redesigned.

I do not deny there is a problem, but screaming "Fix the servers" doesn't make any sense.

Obviously they will want to fix the SERVICE for everyone, but it's not as easy as just plugging in more CAT7(lol) or throwing in more E7 xeons(lolol).

Thanks for your time explaining :D 
I myself know it's not necessarily the servers, it might also be somewhat inbetween but being a complete ignorant on the matter possibly me and a lot of others have a hard time properly expressing and "fix the servers" becomes a bit of a "fix whatever it is that it's not working" i suppose xD

Edited by DreamChaser
2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for your time explaining :D 
I myself know it's not necessarily the servers, it might also be somewhat inbetween but being a complete ignorant on the matter possibly me and a lot of others have a hard time properly expressing and "fix the servers" becomes a bit of a "fix whatever it is that it's not working" i suppose xD

Where the fix at

Unfortunately, we did not come up with a solution yet from our tests. We're currently awaiting further feedback from the developers.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Are they aware of the problem at all? 

Posted

Same . Can play KR smoothly, and for EU servers i have to use stupid W T F A S T.

3rd party service! And my connection is 80/80mbit with 10-15ms ping to europe countries ffs.

It seems something is very wrong with whatever they put out for our region

Posted (edited)

Seems like the game registered his actual player somewhere else. If he hadn't had his UI set to automatically close when attacked the escape probably would have worked but this issue needs a fix.

@GM_Caramel Try to get a fix in by wednesday o_o.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Best solution for this is to kill game immediately via task manager.

Happened to me like 10x already. 

Posted

I can't even imagine doing any sort of player vs. player content in this game with some of the issues being as glaringly bad as they are. I play strictly PvE and life skill stuff and even that is infuriating. On top of it, IDK that they will ever correct the insane amount of texture pop in and other graphical anomalies that don't have anything to do with the desync or rubber band issues.

I usually play on Orwen Velia 01. Most of the time it's ok, but it's a real issue that needs to be addressed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Interesting that you can break the laws of physics with your ping overseas. From New York to France the fastest light can get there and back is 40 or so milliseconds. Just saying....

Posted

Interesting that you can break the laws of physics with your ping overseas. From New York to France the fastest light can get there and back is 40 or so milliseconds. Just saying....

How did you concluded im from US ?

Posted

Not everyone has the same connection service you do, rig, etc. Two people miles apart can have two completely different experiences.

Posted

Not everyone has the same connection service you do, rig, etc. Two people miles apart can have two completely different experiences.

Lmao

Posted

Well I hope they come up with a fix rather soonish.   I was just knocked off by the Naga boss, as I thought I was over there, but I was really over here. lol

Horses and carts rubberbanding, jerking and stuttering half way across the screen.  I have yet to see a NA Twitch streamer that was not displaying the same problem.

The lag I can deal with, but for now its life skills and lowish level mobs only.

Posted

Well I hope they come up with a fix rather soonish.   I was just knocked off by the Naga boss, as I thought I was over there, but I was really over here. lol

Horses and carts rubberbanding, jerking and stuttering half way across the screen.  I have yet to see a NA Twitch streamer that was not displaying the same problem.

The lag I can deal with, but for now its life skills and lowish level mobs only.

If it doesn't come wednesday idk what to say

Posted

What the -----? Also RIP that RBF crystal..

I contacted their support to restore that crystal. If they do not, then so much about me ever spending a penny more on this game in the future.

Best solution for this is to kill game immediately via task manager.

Happened to me like 10x already. 

Yes, also happened to me several times. This time I got it recorded.

Posted

I contacted their support to restore that crystal. If they do not, then so much about me ever spending a penny more on this game in the future.

Yes, also happened to me several times. This time I got it recorded.

that is very unfortunate, this is just all bad

1 person likes this

Posted

that is very unfortunate, this is just all bad

Yes, i already lost 3 RBF crystals due to the same issue, imagine how mad I am.

Posted

EU C2 and its happening to me too as im either on mount or on foot moving through town towards my destination everything including myself is 1 step forward 5 steps back. very annoying problem which i didnt have until  the last patch

1 person likes this

Posted

The developers have applied a change today, which should improve the issues with lag and desync.

Can you please let me know if you are seeing any improvements at all on your server/channel since today?

Best regards,
GM Dew