• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Change Character Location

20 posts in this topic

Posted

So i noticed they added a new feature in the character select screen which allows you to change the order of your characters but every time i launch the game the order i placed my characters is reset. Is this a bug  or something?

Posted

yep it seems useless as resets as soon as you log off

Posted

It works fine for me, I changed the order couple of days ago and it keeps it.

Posted

It works fine for me, I changed the order couple of days ago and it keeps it.

For me it resets every time i quit the game and no i don't force quit the game. I hope they are aware of that and fix it soon.

Posted (edited)

Seems to be working just fine for me so far

Moved the thread to the support section so this gets the correct attention :) 

Edited by Sweeziee

Posted

It also resets for me.

Posted

So i noticed they added a new feature in the character select screen which allows you to change the order of your characters but every time i launch the game the order i placed my characters is reset. Is this a bug  or something?

How does that effect quests that can only be acquired by the 2nd character slot?

Posted

How does that effect quests that can only be acquired by the 2nd character slot?

It doesn't have anything to do with the slot they're in. It's the order in which you created your characters, including deleted ones. Those with even index numbers (the characters your created 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.) will be able to pick up the quests same as before.

Posted

Seems to be working just fine for me so far

Moved the thread to the support section so this gets the correct attention :) 

Strange. Thanks though.

Posted

It resets for me as well

Posted

resets on logout for me as well

Posted (edited)

This issue should be fixed now after the maintenance.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Edited by GM_Dew
1 person likes this

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

It does work now. Thanks!

Posted

It does work now. Thanks!

Nope. Still doesn't work.

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

Are they aware this is still not fixed?

Posted

Are they aware this is still not fixed?

It should be working now. Try clearing your gamecache and restarting the game, and after you set the character order make sure to normally log out of the game. If you exit the game with a crash it may not save.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

It should be working now. Try clearing your gamecache and restarting the game, and after you set the character order make sure to normally log out of the game. If you exit the game with a crash it may not save.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Thank you so much, the instruction in the clearing your gamecache worked, however, now I can only minimize my game, and not send it to the task bar, it doesn't give me the option at all. When you send it to task bar is the only place it turns off the sound. Anyone know how to get it so it asks to send to taskbar again? I'm guessing this will take a full reinstall.

Posted

Thank you so much, the instruction in the clearing your gamecache worked, however, now I can only minimize my game, and not send it to the task bar, it doesn't give me the option at all. When you send it to task bar is the only place it turns off the sound. Anyone know how to get it so it asks to send to taskbar again? I'm guessing this will take a full reinstall.

If you mean the check box when you are about to quit the game that says send to tray, I've noticed that it only appears when the game is in Full Screen Windowed. I don't know if it's a bug or something.

Posted

If you mean the check box when you are about to quit the game that says send to tray, I've noticed that it only appears when the game is in Full Screen Windowed. I don't know if it's a bug or something.

ty for responding, however, even in normal windowed it came back, I just reclogged a few times.

Posted (edited)

yay it works, thanks a lot :D

Edited by Elaniar