• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Level 25 Fishing Advancement: Where is Leather Carp??

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I fished all  night in the area pointed out on the map by the quest.  Nothing!

bump

Posted

Change area it's bugged, if i remeber good fish near naga

Posted

But Leather Carp?  All I need is the 5 for the quest. Where is the nagas you referencing?

Posted

Serendia swamp, near glish. Idk if you fish it there but that's where nagas are

Posted

Serendia swamp, near glish. Idk if you fish it there but that's where nagas are

I think I got some near glish too, Northwestern gateway has a fairly safe spot to fish into the swamp.

Posted

Here's how I completed this quest.

In Heidel, there is a river that stretches East and West (near the storage NPC).  You likely will see many fisherman right by the river.  I didn't catch any Leather Carp at the indicated spot on the map.  I had a fishing boat docked at the Wharf there.  I traveled this river East and West of Heidel.  The river is called "Demi River" so look at your minimap which will identify if you are still on the right waterway.  As soon as the name changes (like Demi Riverside, Heidel or other) then turn around and just patrol the Demi River, East and West of Heidel.  You will come across random fishing "hot spots" which will have a cluster of seagulls.  It's a slow process but you will come across a hot spot eventually.  Stop your boat nearby and immediately cast your line.  The gulls will disappear quickly (mine disappeared right after my first cast) but I caught a Leather Carp.  Even though the seagulls were now gone, I cast the line again as the game allows some time to pass before the special fish is no longer available.  Since I was wearing my fishing outfit and had Elixir of Fisher (maxing fishing to +5), this allowed for faster recasting.  I caught all 5 of the Leather Carp at this one hot spot even though the seagulls disappeared during my first cast.  My 6th cast caught junk but I didn't care at that point. :)

As the river is narrow maybe you can ride alongside the river on your horse (if you don't have a boat).  This could get awkward in some areas but you could reach a hot spot from the shore.  Just keep patrolling the Demi River portion of this waterway.

Good luck!

Posted

Here's how I completed this quest.

In Heidel, there is a river that stretches East and West (near the storage NPC).  You likely will see many fisherman right by the river.  I didn't catch any Leather Carp at the indicated spot on the map.  I had a fishing boat docked at the Wharf there.  I traveled this river East and West of Heidel.  The river is called "Demi River" so look at your minimap which will identify if you are still on the right waterway.  As soon as the name changes (like Demi Riverside, Heidel or other) then turn around and just patrol the Demi River, East and West of Heidel.  You will come across random fishing "hot spots" which will have a cluster of seagulls.  It's a slow process but you will come across a hot spot eventually.  Stop your boat nearby and immediately cast your line.  The gulls will disappear quickly (mine disappeared right after my first cast) but I caught a Leather Carp.  Even though the seagulls were now gone, I cast the line again as the game allows some time to pass before the special fish is no longer available.  Since I was wearing my fishing outfit and had Elixir of Fisher (maxing fishing to +5), this allowed for faster recasting.  I caught all 5 of the Leather Carp at this one hot spot even though the seagulls disappeared during my first cast.  My 6th cast caught junk but I didn't care at that point. :)

As the river is narrow maybe you can ride alongside the river on your horse (if you don't have a boat).  This could get awkward in some areas but you could reach a hot spot from the shore.  Just keep patrolling the Demi River portion of this waterway.

Good luck!

Thank you very much!!!

Posted

This quest is an absolute horror.

A perfect example of uggly difficulty, and what a quest should not be: not fun at all. Spent all yesterday trying to find hotspots on demi river. Found 2, that just disapeared before i could reach them. That's just quest design stupidity :(

Posted

I just fished in tarif last night and got 3 overnight. Beats running up and down the river looking for hotspots.

Posted

This quest is an absolute horror. A perfect example of uggly difficulty, and what a quest should not be: not fun at all.

It took me about 35 minutes to complete this quest.  The trick was finding the Demi River hotspot and once found, I fished all 5 of my Leather Carps.  I patrolled the East/West Demi River maybe 2.5 times before I spotted the seagulls.  Yes, they disappear quickly and in my case they were gone during my first cast.  But as I explained in my earlier post, the game allows for a few minutes to pass before that special fish is no longer available.  So you should cast your line anyway should the seagulls disappear as you approach (your floater should appear on the spot where the seagulls were).  

I enjoyed this quest.  It wasn't your run-of-the-mill mindless go kill x number of mobs and return.  You needed a bit of preparation and some exploring.  As I was passing by Heidel, a few land huggers asked me "Dude, what ya doin' going back and forth?".  They were surprised to hear I was looking for hot spots in the river to which many replied: "No such thing in rivers".  Those land lovers are such simple minds... 

Posted

Yes i read your previous post, i also did run the demi river all the afternoom. Yes i spoted hotspots in the distance a few times. But they all vanished before i reach them. I cast my line everytime though, but never caught that fish. I even saw a spot poping just in front of me, maybe 200m away... it vanished before i reached it. And... yes, the hotspot last maybe 30 seconds maximum. I will do it again, but in a few days cause this experience really annoyed me.

As my own little addition to the quest experience, you can also fish leather carps in mediah. Tarif <> Splashing point got clear water schools of fishes too. (and i caught one during my tarif night afk fish)

Posted

I can't believe no one came in here to help you guys.

Leather carp can be fished in any fresh waters in Mediah.  I fished mine at Tariff.  You get Pirahna and leather carp there for your golds. 

hope that helps.

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks to this thread, I completed the quest in about 30 mins.

I didn't see seagulls along Demi, but did see fish jumping in the river and fished there.  Sometimes there's only 1 Leather Carp, but at another spot, I caught 3 in a  row.  Just move on from the spot if you start catching something other than carp.  It's pretty easy to find the fish if you sailed along the river.  Good idea to have a boat for storage in Heidel anyways...

Posted

I fished all  night in the area pointed out on the map by the quest.  Nothing!

bump

Sad that people get stuck when there is more than just autopath to waypoint and press R.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/4cd51050e3f44afc8a5ac13401049913.png

There are 3 things to do in this quest. Search a school of fish, catch the leather carp there, and give it to Lauren.

You did nothing of those. What do you expect?

Posted

these fish are in the freshwater swampy area beside glish.... you can also get them in the freshwater "seagulls" in serendia (which is just a bunch of fish jumping out of the water)... they're rather hard to get to most of the time and the area doesnt extend much farther than what you see... they also only last 1-3 fish generally :(

Posted

Easiest way to catch carp imho is to afk fish in tarif, should finish it in a night