• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Lvl 61 Wizard Awakening farming Aakman Temple

23 posts in this topic

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

*gulps*

Posted

don't know seems boring and repetitive 

Posted

All classes have a rotation, not sure how that's going to be any more or less repetitive.

Posted

All classes have a rotation, not sure how that's going to be any more or less repetitive.

not all, some just spam the same skill infinitely.. like musa spins. rotation is considered good imo :)

Posted

How do they make wizards a melee class while giving him slow casts, no reliable iframe and low amount of frontal blocks. GG pearl abyss you -----ing suck.

1 person likes this

Posted

How do they make wizards a melee class while giving him slow casts, no reliable iframe and low amount of frontal blocks. GG pearl abyss you -----ing suck.

LOL, people will always cry i guess. Have you even tried the wiz awakening or are you just whining?

Posted

LOL, people will always cry i guess. Have you even tried the wiz awakening or are you just whining?

sages memory and speed spell are god sent in awakening.

Posted

this was already posted in another thread where gameplay is linked^^

Posted

And Magical Shield.

Posted

Im wondering the same thing. How ur gonna survive in a cesspool/cluster----- of aoe's and cc's. 

And Magical Shield.

Ok buff up port in rotate V out, go order a pizza while on CD cause no survivability... sounds fun.

Posted

Im wondering the same thing. How ur gonna survive in a cesspool/cluster----- of aoe's and cc's. 

Superarmor

Posted (edited)

Yes I have tried almost every awakening on KR and Wiz is one of the shittiest ones for small scale PvP. Once you get focused you are instantly dead vs equally geared players, you are basically just a target dummy for the real melee classes.

Sage doesn't work for awakening spells.

Edited by DDope

Posted (edited)

Compared to now, wizard awakening seems more agile so i dunno. Getting focused and dying fast was always the case with wizard/witch so i am already used to it. At least with awakening we will have a fighting chance compared to now where we either try to run or die.

Does witch have the same issue with awakening?

Edited by Renu

Posted

Yes I have tried almost every awakening on KR and Wiz is one of the shittiest ones for small scale PvP. Once you get focused you are instantly dead vs equally geared players, you are basically just a target dummy for the real melee classes.

Sage doesn't work for awakening spells.

Since ur dps comes close ranged after awakening if not mistaking, what is the difference big scale? 

Posted (edited)

Does witch have the same issue with awakening?

Witch got huge buffs in korea, they rely more on frontal blocks which gives them a bit more self sustain and a ranged AoE KD on low CD which makes them insanely strong in large scale fights. But the main issue with both Witch and Wizard is that you can't reposition your spells after you cast them, when you cast a spell you are stuck in the direction you're facing and people just dash behind you and one shot you.

Since ur dps comes close ranged after awakening if not mistaking, what is the difference big scale? 

Wizard has always been dangerous in large scale if left alone, with awakening even more since all your spells are huge aoes with super armors with really good dmg. Basically if you see a lot of players clumping up you can double teleport in and shift+lmb which is like a huge water spell prison that people can't escape from.

Edited by DDope

Posted (edited)

Witch got huge buffs in korea, they rely more on frontal blocks which gives them a bit more self sustain and a ranged AoE KD on low CD which makes them insanely strong in large scale fights. But the main issue with both Witch and Wizard is that you can't reposition your spells after you cast them, when you cast a spell you are stuck in the direction you're facing and people just dash behind you and one shot you.

Wizard has always been dangerous in large scale if left alone, with awakening even more since all your spells are huge aoes with super armors with really good dmg. Basically if you see a lot of players clumping up you can double teleport in and shift+lmb which is like a huge water spell prison that people can't escape from.

Witch seems a lot simpler 1 vs 1 so far.

The enemies just need to turn and attack you from inside the Water Torrent (or others from the outside) and we can't cancel it as far as I'm aware leaving us a sitting duck. Have to agree that right now it doesn't seem that good, other than damage. I wouldn't say the damage is lightyears ahead of MMA spam and Blizzard use - But the cooldowns and mana use are a lot less than Blizzard so there is that side of it.

Edited by JConstantin3

Posted

The enemies just need to turn and attack you from inside the Water Torrent (or others from the outside) and we can't cancel it as far as I'm aware leaving us a sitting duck. Have to agree that right now it doesn't seem that good, other than damage. I wouldn't say the damage is lightyears ahead of MMA spam and Blizzard use - But the cooldowns and mana use are a lot less than Blizzard so there is that side of it.

If they took it back to the original way, it's better. U can rotate with the mousepointer again and 'surprise' more ignorant players going bluntly around u. I hated that easy rotation they added :(

Posted

Well, that's why it has super armor, but with almost every class having a grab that's not exactly rock-solid protection these days. And while the damage is definitely very good - at level 57 when you unlock the flow it's 5,096% at 100% crit plus 2,960% at +50% crit, going up to 6,214% at 100% crit at max rank at level 59 - it's also reduced in PvP, though I'm not sure by how much. But Water Jail also applies stiffness with every hit so if the opponent doesn't have super armor themselves or a ton of stiff/stun resist then they can easily be locked down for the whole duration. And the damage comes from the center of the field so if the opponent does resist the CC and go for an attack, every hit is going to be a back attack.

That plus the frontal guard dashing attack which CCs and the grab, Wizard is seeming pretty nice for small-scale PvP. The biggest problem as I see it is, as @DDope said, the aiming and positioning of the spells. If you miss a cast, you're pretty much dead with how long you're locked down. So IMO it definitely requires way more skill than any other class to PvP with a Wizard/Witch.

Posted

Well, that's why it has super armor, but with almost every class having a grab that's not exactly rock-solid protection these days. And while the damage is definitely very good - at level 57 when you unlock the flow it's 5,096% at 100% crit plus 2,960% at +50% crit, going up to 6,214% at 100% crit at max rank at level 59 - it's also reduced in PvP, though I'm not sure by how much. But Water Jail also applies stiffness with every hit so if the opponent doesn't have super armor themselves or a ton of stiff/stun resist then they can easily be locked down for the whole duration. And the damage comes from the center of the field so if the opponent does resist the CC and go for an attack, every hit is going to be a back attack.

That plus the frontal guard dashing attack which CCs and the grab, Wizard is seeming pretty nice for small-scale PvP. The biggest problem as I see it is, as @DDope said, the aiming and positioning of the spells. If you miss a cast, you're pretty much dead with how long you're locked down. So IMO it definitely requires way more skill than any other class to PvP with a Wizard/Witch.

Super Armor doesnt change that we dont have a lot of life and DP doesnt make us rock solid. Just means we remain standing till our health is gone, which is pretty fast if we're being attacked in a locked static state.

The delay on the teleport punch makes it less useful. Often the situation has changed by the time it comes out. You can redirect it ofc. And it doesnt have a long cooldown. But if it was more responsive it could be used more proactively. And when fighting other classes that move a lot, or have their own teleports and iframes etc its easy to just go straight through them.

Posted

The delay on the teleport punch makes it less useful. Often the situation has changed by the time it comes out. You can redirect it ofc. And it doesnt have a long cooldown. But if it was more responsive it could be used more proactively. And when fighting other classes that move a lot, or have their own teleports and iframes etc its easy to just go straight through them.

Ah, that's disappointing. Hopefully they do fix that before it hits us, but it seems rather unlikely to happen in a normal balancing patch, given that they mostly just mess with numbers... But maybe there's hope since they said they're looking at doing extensive balancing for all the awakenings now that they're all out? I guess we'll see.

Posted

Ah, that's disappointing. Hopefully they do fix that before it hits us, but it seems rather unlikely to happen in a normal balancing patch, given that they mostly just mess with numbers... But maybe there's hope since they said they're looking at doing extensive balancing for all the awakenings now that they're all out? I guess we'll see.

I think its meant to be that way. And its just the delay thats annoying - like a second of windup before the teleport comes out. Think of it like trying to use the normal teleport and knifestab someone. With all the movement of the awakened classes its frustrating it doesn't come out faster. And if your opponent is paying attention he can see from the windup that its going to come.

It does have downattack properties, but shift rightclick does more damage and you don't need to put yourself in harm's way to use it.

Posted (edited)

I think its meant to be that way. And its just the delay thats annoying - like a second of windup before the teleport comes out. Think of it like trying to use the normal teleport and knifestab someone. With all the movement of the awakened classes its frustrating it doesn't come out faster. And if your opponent is paying attention he can see from the windup that its going to come.

It does have downattack properties, but shift rightclick does more damage and you don't need to put yourself in harm's way to use it.

Well, they clearly did intend for the delay to be there, but there's the chance that they'll change their mind about it. I don't really get why they did it in the first place though. I mean, all the other dash attacks (except Tamer's Cloud Ride I suppose, but that has the advantage of quicker movement, longer range and iframes... Plus they have Moonlight Strike which is pretty much instant) are considered just fine with no wind-up, but Wizard needs one for some reason?

Edited by Zephan