• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Young Wizard Look and Needed Changes

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I started a fresh account on the Korean Server the other day so I could test out the Witch/ Wizard awakenings, there are some things I have to say about the young Wizard that needs major changes when coming to the NA/ EU server... I am sure many of you would agree with me on what I have to say. I will list things I saw on character creation that I think need many changes, due to them affecting how your character looks in game. 

1. The Young Wizard only has one preset... This means there will be no diversity in any of the wizards... Literally his face is extremely limited to what your able to do to him even with all of the features and changes you can do. All of the Wizards on the KR server look like they are all related :)... Everyone has the same face... Or they troll, and make him look like an abomination like most people do. Even in the beauty album... Every preset released looks close to identical. 

one_face_preset_by_vincentxyooj-dalez2x.

2. His face textures are horrible... They failed to remove the terribly old looking skin on his forehead... Each class has a fresh face texture while the Wizard still suffers from this old look... Another issue is his face isn't symmetrical when you are morphing it... One eye is always open more then the other, the nose is crooked, which btw cant be fixed if you turn off the symmetry.. His lips are completely weighted wrong, same goes for the rest of his face when you are morphing.. Weighting: (Weight maps are properties of point clusters on geometric objects. They associate each point in a cluster with a weight value. Each cluster can have multiple weight maps, so you can modulate different parameters on different operators in different ways.) Another issue which is quite annoying is when you are editing his face, you can only select one side of the face on some parts to morph which is somewhat of a disadvantage to you if you are trying to do certain things for the face... Also please give the option to resize parts of his hair like the warrior and other classes have, this is one of the best hairstyles in game... But its way to long for the Wizard... The sideburns are so long, same goes for the fringe, back, and top if his hair...  

old_features_by_vincentxyooj-dalf16r.jpg

errors_in_weighting_by_vincentxyooj-dalf

one of the last things that isn't such a big deal is the back of his neck has a bump on it, when your using shorter hair its visible... I also hated how they kept his old posture in character creation but what can you do... He has a young body with the posture of an old man :D... Overall I feel this young preset was completely rushed, and didn't have much thought put into him... He looks like a young girl with short hair ^^... Its sad but true... Haven't seen a great looking preset yet... Hopefully they will fix this before we get the release in December, I think this would give players a better playing experience if they were able to do more with their character... Not everyone wants the same copy and paste face... There are those who actually want to customize. 

I really do not care for the opinions of people saying be happy there is a Young Wizard... Rest assured I am happy, but these are issues that need to be looked into... Maybe give more then one preset... Because he looks good only in his promo images :). Thank god for Photoshop right :D... 

57FEDC820629960001 The good looking promo on the KR site :D... But when your in game •...• its a whole different story... 

Edited by Vincent Xyooj

Posted

I doubt PA will work on the texture more. I'm really surprised they did as much as they did. This game has a weird inequality of classes where some get some features and others dont.. Maybe now that they're balancing the classes and releasing new hair option, they'll level the customization playing field. 

Posted (edited)

I doubt PA will work on the texture more. I'm really surprised they did as much as they did. This game has a weird inequality of classes where some get some features and others dont.. Maybe now that they're balancing the classes and releasing new hair option, they'll level the customization playing field. 

Yea... I remember when the Wizard was still old, people swapped the textures with the warrior textures in hopes to make him younger... But the limited features he had made it hopeless... Plus they banned people who wanted a younger look because they edited textures to improve their experience :)... Lets hope before release in NA/ EU they will fix the issues he is having... I was quite surprised that they made him younger... But it was a shame when I was trying to make my character that he had errors. Im waiting for the new hair to come to our server which I bet will come when the Witch awakening comes out since she has the new hair on her awakening outfit :)... They have Ariana Grande hair lol... I was like •...• 

All I can do is sit and see what happens :). Overall his textures were done badly... He doesn't even have new eyebrow presets... They are still old lol 

Edited by Vincent Xyooj

Posted

Yea... I remember when the Wizard was still old, people swapped the textures with the warrior textures in hopes to make him younger... But the limited features he had made it hopeless... Plus they banned people who wanted a younger look because they edited textures to improve their experience :)... Lets hope before release in NA/ EU they will fix the issues he is having... I was quite surprised that they made him younger... But it was a shame when I was trying to make my character that he had errors. Im waiting for the new hair to come to our server which I bet will come when the Witch awakening comes out since she has the new hair on her awakening outfit :)... They have Ariana Grande hair lol... I was like •...• 

All I can do is sit and see what happens :). Overall his textures were done badly... He doesn't even have new eyebrow presets... They are still old lol 

I had no idea that was possible. Still I'm not surprised people did stuff like that. I didn't even make a wiz because of the oldness. I hope they release the hair/young preset well before our awakening :/ I don't want to all the way till december

Posted

I had no idea that was possible. Still I'm not surprised people did stuff like that. I didn't even make a wiz because of the oldness. I hope they release the hair/young preset well before our awakening :/ I don't want to all the way till december

Yea, alot of people were modding his textures because they were seeking a young male caster vs the witch... Not everyone wants to play a female because the Wizard was old.... In fact many refused to play him due to that reason... I seriously doubt his young asset will be implemented into the game before December... But I honestly hope all bugs are fixed before then, its a game true... Not all are perfect, true... But these cant be overlooked like they are nothing. 

Posted

Yea, alot of people were modding his textures because they were seeking a young male caster vs the witch... Not everyone wants to play a female because the Wizard was old.... In fact many refused to play him due to that reason... I seriously doubt his young asset will be implemented into the game before December... But I honestly hope all bugs are fixed before then, its a game true... Not all are perfect, true... But these cant be overlooked like they are nothing. 

nooo i don't want to wait 2 more months. Do you know if you can give him elf/pointed ears on the young preset? 

Posted

nooo i don't want to wait 2 more months. Do you know if you can give him elf/pointed ears on the young preset? 

Haha, I know what you mean... That's why I power lvled mine just so I could test out the class... Hmmm, I don't think so... Due to how limited he is, even his ears aren't as movable like the rest of the classes •...•', but I will give it a test and report back to you :). 

Posted

Haha, I know what you mean... That's why I power lvled mine just so I could test out the class... Hmmm, I don't think so... Due to how limited he is, even his ears aren't as movable like the rest of the classes •...•', but I will give it a test and report back to you :). 

darn i hope so. I've been giving all my characters pointed ears :I 

Posted

The question is, does the young preset change his body as well or does it look like an old man's body?

Posted

The question is, does the young preset change his body as well or does it look like an old man's body?

Same body but with young textures

Posted

Yeah, someone actually posted some screenshots in another topic that i saw after i posted this. I think it's ok if you consider wizards don't need to be muscular, ether way that's the best we are gonna get so let's go with it.

Here is the screenshot for anyone who wants to check it out.

IMG_2423.PNG.19edb30091792b83d278c360a1e

1 person likes this

Posted

Body is different, not old anymore... Only issue is his posture is of the old wizard so it looks like his body is old. But indeed body and textures have been changed I did a comparison when I was creating the character. 

darn i hope so. I've been giving all my characters pointed ears :I 

I checked, you can to an extent make the ears pointy. But not as much as the other characters :)... I think if you rotate them they will be able to, but not by much :) 

As I said to the other guy above, his textures are different and so is his body shape, they did indeed change the shape of the body, but issue is he still is in his old posture/ pose... Which makes him have that old look to it ^^'

1 person likes this

Posted

Old Wizard is best wizard.

Posted

Does young wiz have different voice options? 

Posted

Does young wiz have different voice options? 

Ofc he does ^^' Class gets new voice, body... somewhat face ^^' As you saw above preset is messed up 

Old Wizard is best wizard.

Maybe to you, but many don't play him due to his age ^^'

Posted

Ofc he does ^^' Class gets new voice, body... somewhat face ^^' As you saw above preset is messed up 

Maybe to you, but many don't play him due to his age ^^'

Options, as in i can chose different young voices

Posted

Cant wait, hope they add the young preset withouth awakening :P

Posted

Options, as in i can chose different young voices

Its the same as any class, you get one young voice, and a slider to change the tone and pitch of it :). 

Cant wait, hope they add the young preset withouth awakening :P

Oh, you can use his young form from lvl 0 :). Its a preset as any other class, can be used the whole time without having to touch such an old man and play him xD

1 person likes this

Posted

This this thing finally release in EU/NA or when will it release??? 

Posted

This this thing finally release in EU/NA or when will it release??? 

It's in the game since December.

Posted (edited)

My gripes with the young wizard, and the other presets as well:

1. Too skinny. A more bulky body should be possible to achieve. All other costumes except the lord red make you look like a marathon runner (don't mean the silly ones with the big hats, they are just too disney to even consider IMHO)

3. No hoods. Come on, what is a wizard without a cowl?

2. The head is way too small.

vg_rpg_bg1_edwin.thumb.jpg.0882d15798338

Edwin is not pleased

Edited by TerrorMoose
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My gripes with the young wizard, and the other presets as well:

1. Too skinny. A more bulky body should be possible to achieve. All other costumes except the lord red make you look like a marathon runner (don't mean the silly ones with the big hats, they are just too disney to even consider IMHO)

3. No hoods. Come on, what is a wizard without a cowl?

All those problems solved, when they finally release this costume:

http://i1.daumcdn.net/uf/original/U01/gamepub/573609BD483C2A0021

But waiting for it since April, so not really optimistic

But the wizards head is way too small, you are right. Wizard is too small in general.

When I stand next to a warrior I feel like a hobbit

Edited by ChimiChanga
1 person likes this

Posted

All those problems solved, when they finally release this costume:

http://i1.daumcdn.net/uf/original/U01/gamepub/573609BD483C2A0021

But waiting for it since April, so not really optimistic

But the wizards head is way too small, you are right. Wizard is too small in general.

When I stand next to a warrior I feel like a hobbit

They just need to get shit fixed on this class... Sick and tired of not being able to enjoy the class due to these in game bugs... Like legit KR version gave 0 -----s about the creation of him, but it could have been fixed on this server... But no, lets not fix it... Lets just leave it for everyone to hate...