• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The cost of full tri boss gear - For me it was ~2.8-3.5 Billion

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I wrote this up for my guild but figured I would share.  As some of you may have seen my posts regarding enchanting boss gear throughout the forums.  I used a standard stacking method of going 5 stacks over what my gear was going to (so if going to +6 I started at a minimum of 11 stacks) and sometimes slightly over stacked.  Since I generally did 2 pieces of boss gear at a time I always switched stacks when appropriate or saved fail stacks and restarted.  At one point I was leveling tree, dandy, kzarka, and giath all at once.  The cost include the purchase price for each piece if I didn't get it as a drop.

The notes are copy and pasted from my cell phone, i edited them for clarity but I left my fail stack notes for reference.

Disclaimer: YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY (you could get lucky go tet kzarka in a day) TBH I am completely shocked how much I spent on Artisans memory, thats how ragey I got, all those $4.50 here and there add up. With some patience and grinding could of bought them all or farmed them.

Total Cost: 2.8B (excluding the liverto and oros but including leftover fail stacks)
***(see disclaimer below, probably closer to 3.5b+ in mats if you include armor/weapon stones and fail stack gear)

So for those interested in what it costs in mats and silver I am putting down what I have recorded that I burned through on my way to full tri boss armor, tri zarka (and tri liverto), tri dandelion, and a tri AP offhand ( I havent done the khutum offhand because verdict is out on it and Nouver isnt out yet). At a certain point I gave up counting on the bhegs and I eventually stopped counting all my repair costs for fail stacks. Every single stack above +20 was gotten by failing on boss armor.

I ended up with 5x 33 fail stacks, a 51 fail stack, and a 54 fail stack. I wasted another 33 failstack when I rage enchanted duo and promptly failed tri with 47 stacks. which cost me about 300m in frags

Cash investment: Artisan memories - 370 artisans ($170 or 740 memory frags 555m silver)
Sold my liverto for 140 million, it wouldn't sell at tri so I blew it up for stacks and sold it at Duo

Bhegs: 450m
drop daily scroll bag
451m from +0-duo, 40 mil to tri, but sharps and hards and stones were more expensive then includes a good portion of failstack cost because I kept track back then. hit a terrible fial streak at 11, 13, 14
all inclusive pricing for stones etc, 40m in sale value

Muskan: 252.5m (37m from pri to tri)
Purchased at Pri off the AH 215m (missed a +15 pair that went for 155m on P2W day)
took 3 tries to duo
passed tri once at 33 on built stacks

Liverto: 250m (243m to enchant)
bought 6.5m
17 fails from 12-13
16 fails to go to +14
22 fails to 15
went pri at 20 in one shot
failed duo 8, failed tri 2
just in memory frags and sharp stones

Kzarka: 340m
drop kzarka
2 fails on kArka to 10
Kzarka 15 fails going to 14 17-32
Kzarka went 14 at 20 one shot
Failed 13 times to go 15
Failed to another 30 stack on zarka
Failed to duo kzarka 4x on re-enchant. 40 more artisans. Duod on 18. Failed tri at 37. Duod first shot. Failed tri againat 41 up to 45 stacks
Duod at 18 failed again, up to 49. Change stacks?
Failed twice on zarka
Duod zarka at 17 on valk, tri'd at 33 on ironjaw.

Giath: 145mil
drop off boss scroll boss (morts)
for some reason i dont have full data but it went quick at 14 and 15
giath stuck at 11 - 14 fails
giath failed multiple times
Giath went to 15 after 3 fails at 20. Failed pri at 16, 18
Failed giath pri at 16, went at 18
Giath went duo at 18
Tri'd on 33 on a stack i had

Dandelion: 759.5m (512m to enchant)
Purchased for 247m off the NV
Hit a fail streak at 10 on dandelion
Dandy to 14 on 18 stacks.
Failed 9 times on dandelion from 20-29. Failed 4 more after repairing to 33
failed 13 times on dandy to go +15.
Failed 3 more times on dandy
Dandy went to 15 on 28 stacks on red nose day. Failed to pri twice
Dandy went pri on 16. Failed to duo and 20 and 23 26,
Failed three to duo dandy. and to tri twice
duod and failed tri
dandy went at 26? Failed tri at 45 dandy at 18 and 21. Failed at 24 and 27Dandy duo at 21. Dandy went tri at 49
512.5m in frags and sharps

Tree: 445m (359m to enchant)
bought off AH 86m
tree stuck at +8.
Failed 4 times on tree
3 fails on hebe before it went 14
tree went on 28
Tree failed duo one at 18 went at 21.
Tree failed tri at 33. 5m on 7 relics
Used 16 Mem frags no artisan
Failed duo at 19 and 22. 25 stacks
failed to duo tree three times, went 4th. Failed to tri at 37. tree failed at 29
Tree went on 26. Failed tri again. Failed tree twice. Then tree again
duod and failed tri
Failed duo twice on tree Raged and wasted a 32 to go duo on tree and failed tri at 43.Tree duod at 30. Failed tri at 33. Failed tree duo at 18. tree failed duo at 20 and 23. Duo at 26. Failed tri at 47. Should of saved that other 33 for a jewelry piece duo. Failed duo at 20, 23. Went at 26 went tri 37
359 in frags and hards

Oros: 39 mil to tri
bought for 22mil at+15 and 17 mil to tri
failed tri, failed duo 4 times, went second time.

Kutum: 406m (311m to enchant) done in one day
Bought off AH for 95
Took ~5 fails to 11
Forced to 12, failed it failed to 30 the first try
went on 26 to +13
failed to 33 and went to +14 at 32
went to +15 at 30
Passed pri, failed duo twice, and failed tri once

300 million in fail stacks leftover

this does not include all the armor and weapon stones or fail stacking gear (only the bhegs is all inclusive) For reference when I started from the kzarka down (gear listed in order obtained) I had 800 armor stones, 200 weapon stones, 400 memory frags. Every week I obtained at least 80 memory frags and 140 armor stones purchasing tons of mats repairables. Could easily add in another 500m in mats but I have been reselling the +15 gear (made about 300m back) and have 32 slots of +14 gear valued at about 10m each to offset the costs.

Edited by Ironjaw
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bhegs: 450m
Drop daily scroll bag

Kzarka: 340m
Drop from kzarka

Giath: 145mil
drop off daily boss scroll boss (someone elses)

MEANWHILE IN DREMLOCKS BUNDLES

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3juguzdHFoX5sXjVZmNU

edited for accuracy: JK NOT ACCURACY CUZ BHEGS GLOVES GIVE ACCURACY AND I DONT HAVE THOSE
moLbo4V.jpg

Edited by Dremlock
8 people like this

Posted

MEANWHILE IN DREMLOCKS BUNDLES
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3juguzdHFoX5sXjVZmNU

It was a curse and a blessing.... but there are many people in guild who have been playing longer than I have with the same luck

Posted (edited)

ITT, Hey goiz I got all this gear and felt like sharing how I got it. but Im gonna pretend like I wanna have a discussion about it's overall cost even though its RNG.

Edited by NiTianErXing

Posted (edited)

ITT, Hey goiz I got all this gear and felt like sharing how I got it. but Im gonna pretend like I wanna have a discussion about it's overall cost even though its RNG.

Well its been discussed that full tri boss gear would run people about 2 billion, so figured I would share my data since I kept records on my fail stacks etc.  Especially for new people so they can know what they are getting into.

Edited by Ironjaw
2 people like this

Posted

fun fact: if you payed to win every week since pay2win came out you'd have 1.5 billion silver. You could have paid2win half of your full TRI boss set. 

Posted (edited)

fun fact: if you payed to win every week since pay2win came out you'd have 1.5 billion silver. You could have paid2win half of your full TRI boss set. 

If it was for sale, although I have seen a few tri pieces go up and were bought out on pre-order.   Although as you can see even on the unlucky pieces it cost less than 550m in mats to get it to go tri.  The Dandy is only so expensive since I paid big for it off the NV because I hate Karanda and never see her spawn.  Tri boss on my server caps out at about 550m with Dandy and Tree going for 620-660m

But yeah add in fail stack mats etc might be worth it.

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted (edited)

I dunno. Never really took me more than 100mil per TRI boss piece. Proper fail stacking and item accumulation helps a lot :) 12-15 is always the toughest but once you're past that it's not bad.

Edited by Gingen

Posted

I dunno. Never really took me more than 100mil per TRI boss piece. Proper fail stacking and item accumulation helps a lot :) 12-15 is always the toughest but once you're past that it's not bad.

With that kind of luck you should be buying every piece of boss gear there is, you would be making 300m+ per piece you pickup  after taxes you would still clear about 250m

Posted

With that kind of luck you should be buying every piece of boss gear there is, you would be making 300m+ per piece you pickup  after taxes you would still clear about 250m

I've done that with a couple kzarkas already. While I do have luck I don't think my RNG is particularly good. I still struggle 12-15 and mostly on hitting TRI but I go about it with the mindset of building fail stacks and using those I already have.

It's expected to use a lot of fail stacks on 12-15 as the rate of enhancement is just stupid sometimes, but there are other ways to enhance too.

Most don't follow it and it could be considered tin foil hat theory but it has worked for myself and those I'm acquainted with.

"Ride the wave"

If you find yourself unable to failstack, never passing 5 or 6 fail stacks per reblath/krea enhance, constantly getting it to +15 without even trying on your failstacking runs...stop. Build another 5 stacks and go try to enhance something of your gear up. Ride the enhancement wave. I got my Giath 1-15 using no more than 5-10 fail stacks per enhancement. Repaired to full only once. TRI was still a bit of a difficulty but use that time to fail stack and reap the benefits later. They can only help you in the future :) 

Just my own personal advice. Please take it with a grain of salt as I know many have different RNG (that's what RNG is).

Happy Hunting, Doodles :) 

Posted (edited)

Yeah going at 5-10 FS is ballsy, I didnt have much trouble building stacks but as you can see I hit some gnarly fail streaks.  I counted in the fail stack costs (at least from 18-33) even if I ended up using them somewhere else because they do have an opportunity cost and the stacks did cost me mats at some point.  I left the cost of the stacks with the item that generated it, not the item that utilized it.

I did go into it with the mindset that I could use the FS for tet tries and duo accessory attempts later and basically stuck to that approach.

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

Ironjaw. U sir and your nolifing deserves a brofist

image.png

Posted (edited)

This is true but it's a crap exchange rate. If you actually spend 150$/week for a paltry 100m, you probably work alot and need it.

Contrary to popular belief whales are whales, but they don't spend 150$ weekly most of the time. In most P2W mmos games 200-300$ makes you competitive immediately. Now if they are just super rich in real life and retired they don't even level there character, they pay someone to do it.

Artisans memory is a good exchange rate, but you could spend 100$ and end up at exactly the same point you started and requires resources before hand and such.

tl;dr artisans memory is the actual p2w here, if a limit was put on how many you could buy per week, issue would be fixed.

Hopefully we get the gear equalized arenas soon. One of the arenas is already in-game with a big tv in the arena, we saw the 2nd arena @ gamescom

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

This is true but it's a crap exchange rate. If you actually spend 150$/week for a paltry 100m, you probably work alot and need it.

Contrary to popular belief whales are whales, but they don't spend 150$ weekly most of the time. In most P2W mmos games 200-300$ makes you competitive immediately. Now if they are just super rich in real life and retired they don't even level there character, they pay someone to do it.

Artisans memory is a good exchange rate, but you could spend 100$ and end up at exactly the same point you started and requires resources before hand and such.

tl;dr artisans memory is the actual p2w here, if a limit was put on how many you could buy per week, issue would be fixed.

Hopefully we get the gear equalized arenas soon. One of the arenas is already in-game with a big tv in the arena, we saw the 2nd arena @ gamescom

yeah artisans was better but I still regret it. Should ofjust been more patient but I was always like "hey 10 artisans gives me another tri shot right now". And it did save me a ton of time doing relic scrolls

Ironjaw. U sir and your nolifing deserves a brofist

image.png

lol thanks

Posted (edited)

Something to keep in mind is that this game is heavily P2W in KR and yet the average AP there is only 230-250 after all this time. This is because getting TET is hard enough but getting PEN is near impossible, only 56 items went PEN on the RU server in one whole year.

We already have players on NA reaching 240 AP while our version is still less P2W then koreas(at this time)

You don't need to pay $$$ to be competitive at all, but it speeds it up, you need to grind alot and be efficient and either buy your gear on the marketplace with the grinded silver, or try your hands at the RNG system. It wont matter how much $$ you spend if you can't grind a lot

Some players have spent over 3b simply getting there awakening weapon to TET alone.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

Something to keep in mind is that this game is heavily P2W in KR and yet the average AP there is only 230-250 after all this time. This is because getting TET is hard enough but getting PEN is near impossible, only 56 items went PEN on the RU server in one whole year.

We already have players on NA reaching 240 AP while our version is still less P2W then koreas(at this time)

You don't need to pay $$$ to be competitive at all, but it speeds it up, you need to grind alot and be efficient and either buy your gear on the marketplace with the grinded silver, or try your hands at the RNG system. It wont matter how much $$ you spend if you can't grind a lot

Some players have spent over 3b simply getting there awakening weapon to TET alone.

230 still seems really high unless pure DPs. I wonder what warriors and zerkers have top end

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted (edited)

230 still seems really high unless pure DPs. I wonder what warriors and zerkers have top end

We have a 238 and 240 AP ranger on UNO. Warrior and Zerks 190AP+ is really good because they don't have a pure AP offhand (rangers for example do, tri steel dagger is 34-34AP).

I have 192 ap for example with a tri kzarka axe and a tri kutum knot

TRI kutum = 25 AP 20 DP 2 gem slots 5 acc and 10% ignore all res

TRI Nouver(not out yet) = 39 ap 2 gem slots 0 acc and 10% all res

If I had a nouver offhand @ TRI I would have 206 AP instead of 192, but AP isn't always anything

Koreas highest player is 278 AP and over 280 DP

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

We have a 238 and 240 AP ranger on UNO. Warrior and Zerks 190AP+ is really good because they don't have a pure AP offhand (rangers for example do, tri steel dagger is 34-34AP).

I have 192 ap for example with a tri kzarka axe and a tri kutum knot

TRI kutum = 25 AP 20 DP 2 gem slots 5 acc and 10% ignore all res

TRI Nouver(not out yet) = 39 ap 2 gem slots 0 acc and 10% all res

If I had a nouver offhand @ TRI I would have 206 AP instead of 192, but AP isn't always anything

Koreas highest player is 278 AP and over 280 DP

Yeah I am still running Oros, have been contemplating going Kutum or waiting on Nouver.  How do you find the hit on Khutum?  next up for me is the accessory treadmill and grinding my face off to catch up in levels for awakenings

we have 3 rangers with over 200 ap and makes me a lil jelly

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted (edited)

Yeah I am still running Oros, have been contemplating going Kutum or waiting on Nouver.  How do you find the hit on Khutum?  next up for me is the accessory treadmill and grinding my face off to catch up in levels for awakenings

we have 3 rangers with over 200 ap and makes me a lil jelly

I have accuracy via kzarka, tree spirit belt, tri red earring so it seems fine, higher damage too. I have tried my saiyers/oros in PVP and kutum consistently beats it. the 10% ignore all res is amazing and I use 2x prec crystals in my weapon as-well (+2 accuracy / 10% ignore all res)

I have 30% ignore all res as a zerker :D

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

I have accuracy via kzarka, tree spirit belt, tri red earring so it seems fine, higher damage too. I have tried my saiyers/oros in PVP and kutum consistently beats it. the 10% ignore all res is amazing and I use 2x prec crystals in my weapon as-well (+2 accuracy / 10% ignore all res)

I have 30% ignore all res as a zerker :D

Yeah I think the earrings and belt would do the trick, wonder how much dmg difference it is without the 10 ap in the weapon.  I was afraid going khutum and the two gems would gimp the dps a little too much.  

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

updated with kutum costs to officially be full tri boss gear

I ended up with two decent tet stacks to try and tet the kzarka and dandy so those are next up, and a bunch of 33+ stacks for later jewelry/tri attempts.  hopefully jewelry is more kind..

Posted

3.5b would be around average to craft and buy at 95m a piece. TRI for golden gear is baesed on my calculations on average a little over 500m a piece.

Posted

and  have 2 billion in stacks from trying to TRI a few weapons.

Posted

I cringe at your market prices, sniping has been hell since the boss gear box - everyone is actively trying it these days.  Already missed 28 pairs of Muskan either due to bypassed preorder or failed bid periods.

Posted

You missed this: "Cash investment: Artisan memories - 370 artisans ($170 or 740 memory frags 555m silver)"

If he has pay more in Artisan's Memories, he could make lots of TRI and sell them for money which most P2W people are doing.