• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Fishing] Fishing Advancement Quests - Fish species name corrections & quantities.

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I had intended to post this with information on the new Fishing skill Advancement quests introduced in 12 Oct 2016 Patch Notes;

New Fishing Rank Advancement quests have been added. The details of advancement quests can be checked in the Black Spirit’s [Guide] section.

But felt it would probably help more fishers if it is available as they progress them now. They have been cross checked with the (great) BDDatabase pages for these quests.

Do double check all quests as you get them on that site especially under the Quest Complete Conditions drop down list, which identifies the correct species and quantities required.

BDO - Fishing Advancement Quests - Introduced in 12 Oct 2016 Patch Notes

Note

• Name in brackets are from the quest text. Actual species required given first with no brackets.
  • Harpoon species indicted by (h).
  • Fish caught from fish spawns indicated by (s).
  • Some species marked as spawn species (s) can also be caught in open water, such as Leather Carp, Piranha, Porgy, Sea Bass, Coelacanth (rarely).

Fish required for all quests in quest order;

Grayling 03

Terrapin 03

Mandarin Fish 05

Leather Carp (s) 05

Arowana 10

Freshwater Eel 10

Porgy (Sea Bream) 10

Maomao (Pink Maomao) 20

John Dory 20

Galeocerdo Cuvier (h) (Tiger Shark) 02

Whale Shark (h) 02

Sea Bass (s) 15

Eyespot Puffer (s) (Tiger Puffer) 15

Leather Carp (s) 05

Piranha (s) 10

Yellow-Head Catfish (Bullhead) 15

Sweetfish 15

Smelt 20

Black Porgy (s) 50

Eyespot Puffer (s) (Tiger Puffer) 50

Spotted Sea Bass (s) 50

Giant Octopus (s) (King Octopus) 50

Blue Grouper (s) 50

Coelacanth (s) 06

Sperm Whale (h) 01

They are time consuming due to the low drop rates in freshwater locations and the sheer numbers and travel required for the sea area ones.
Good luck with the quests.

6 people like this

Posted

anyone had any issues catching the black porgy since the oct 19th patch? never had problems finding them until now. usually get them by iliya island area but now nothing. i've even caught them NW of epheria but not anymore. no issues finding the others for the quest.

Posted

I have problem catching the Sperm Whale by harpoon. I spent near last 3 solid days but to no avail mainly around Daton Island. I need that fish to complete the level 50 fishing quest and I do appreciate if anyone can help me or let me know where I can catch that species in the ocean. Thanks! 

Posted

I have problem catching the Sperm Whale by harpoon. I spent near last 3 solid days but to no avail mainly around Daton Island. I need that fish to complete the level 50 fishing quest and I do appreciate if anyone can help me or let me know where I can catch that species in the ocean. Thanks! 

You can catch Sperm Whales in most if not all the seas but you'll need patience - the drop rate is about 1 in 200.

Posted

Ok....wow...probably my ring was at its worst... if I spent near 3 whole days at ocean , blew through near 6 harpoons , and no signs of sperm whales.... sigh... hope I see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. I am too fixated on this quest that I totally ignored other stuff or aspects of the game right now... one can only pray to rngeezus now 😫

But thank you you for your kind response.

Posted

anyone had any issues catching the black porgy since the oct 19th patch? never had problems finding them until now. usually get them by iliya island area but now nothing. i've even caught them NW of epheria but not anymore. no issues finding the others for the quest.

I usually catch them in hot spots around Iliya, since I'm not based in Epheria.

Posted

I got all the way to the Level 47 quest where you have to fish up 50 each of various "rare" fish from gullspots all over the seas. Looking back, I'm not sure how I got this far into these quests. The rewards are nowhere near sufficient for the time required. And it's just plain boring with very little you can do to influence the outcomes. I guess this was my breaking point since prior to this quest they could be done mostly just afk fishing, so I could do other more interesting things while waiting.

The main thing that got me were all the gullspots I would need to find to complete that 5x50 quest. I spent the whole afternoon sailing the seas around Orisha Island, knowing that's where the Giant Octopus and Blue Grouper were supposed to be. Hours of sailing around and occasionally fishing. Found about 4 gullspots and managed to get 25 of the 250 fish I'd eventually need. Based on that rate, it'd take me about 40 more hours of actively sailing around and occasionally fishing to get the quest done, to get 3 Sharp Black Crystal Shards. That wouldn't be so bad if it was fun gameplay, but it's really boring. And it's frustrating when you finally spy a gullspot in the distance only to have it disappear right when you stop your boat on it.

I'm continually amazed at how you fishers can have so much patience. I'm even more amazed at the poor souls who did these quests first without the benefit the rest of us have as to the locations of the fish. Or I guess I should say, the sometimes exceptionally low RNG locations of the fish.

I have many suggestions on how they could make fishing fun and rewarding, but I'm guessing I'm just in the minority and most, or at least enough players find this stuff fun. So I'll just thank you guys for reading my rant and I'll put my 7 boats in drydock and just occasionally afk fish as a Master 2.5 on the Velian or Heidelian shorelines like the rest of we plebs. :-) 

Posted

spermwhale is a rare fish :P Getting it from harpoon is like getting a coelacanth outside of a hotspot with rod but with harpoon :P 

Posted

Lol... yea... I finally caught it on my 4th day. I almost felt like the worn out bleary eyed fisherman. I glued my eyes to the monitor and hearing thwack thwack sound as I pulled the trigger... I didn't sleep till I caught it... I was really fixated to catch that bloody fish I can tell you that... 🐟 

1 person likes this

Posted

I got all the way to the Level 47 quest where you have to fish up 50 each of various "rare" fish from gullspots all over the seas. Looking back, I'm not sure how I got this far into these quests. The rewards are nowhere near sufficient for the time required. And it's just plain boring with very little you can do to influence the outcomes. I guess this was my breaking point since prior to this quest they could be done mostly just afk fishing, so I could do other more interesting things while waiting.

The main thing that got me were all the gullspots I would need to find to complete that 5x50 quest. I spent the whole afternoon sailing the seas around Orisha Island, knowing that's where the Giant Octopus and Blue Grouper were supposed to be. Hours of sailing around and occasionally fishing. Found about 4 gullspots and managed to get 25 of the 250 fish I'd eventually need. Based on that rate, it'd take me about 40 more hours of actively sailing around and occasionally fishing to get the quest done, to get 3 Sharp Black Crystal Shards. That wouldn't be so bad if it was fun gameplay, but it's really boring. And it's frustrating when you finally spy a gullspot in the distance only to have it disappear right when you stop your boat on it.

I'm continually amazed at how you fishers can have so much patience. I'm even more amazed at the poor souls who did these quests first without the benefit the rest of us have as to the locations of the fish. Or I guess I should say, the sometimes exceptionally low RNG locations of the fish.

I have many suggestions on how they could make fishing fun and rewarding, but I'm guessing I'm just in the minority and most, or at least enough players find this stuff fun. So I'll just thank you guys for reading my rant and I'll put my 7 boats in drydock and just occasionally afk fish as a Master 2.5 on the Velian or Heidelian shorelines like the rest of we plebs. :-) 

any of the fishing quests are just a bad grind tbh. cant imagine the higher black spirit fishing quest. i did the cooking, gathering and processing ones, the worst was the cooking, needing the recipe to proc 30 higher level kebobs was bad enough. maybe the only saving grace for the fishing one would be using the triple float rods from the quest in velia,