• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Kuno really that bad?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

So I just came back from taking a long break form this game, right before I left I got a Ninja to lvl 50, Zerker 53, Musa 54. I figured I'd lvl a fresh Kunoichi since I pretty much forgot how to play my other classes. I managed to get my Kunoichi to 53 and have been having a blast playing her, probably the most fun I've had with any of the classes. However all I keep reading is how bad and broken they are, now I'm not even close to being geared (112ap/146dp) but I have no issues grinding, however I have not had a chance to pvp yet. So what exactly is wrong with this class? Is it just the pvp at higher levels? Bad awakening?

Also I keep hearing that Ninja is flat out better, so would I be better off just rolling with my Ninja?

Posted

56231802cd.png

This

Posted

the most discontent you read about the kuno is about the fact they where delayed for "balance reasons" and when they did came out it was just the vanilla Korean version with non of the balance implied.

As gieljo shows you that is the korean version against ours, we asked for this buff many times in many threads but kashkow doesn't care about it one bit even tho they say they do but their actions clearly show they don't.

Then put in the fact that kuno and ninja will see their awakenings in December so many people just dropped the class because delayed release, no balance, and delayed awakening and to top it off are the actions of this "publisher" in general but also in regard to this class.

Now many kuno and ninja players feel they have been shafted and really nothing is done about it, in pvp you can pick a ranger and use about 3 or 4 skills to take someone out, but as a kuno the stars and the planets must be aligned because you need almost all your skills to do the same damage as a ranger for that matter.

Not only that but the ranger has higher defense as a kuno and has range because of her weapon, that's why many regard this class as "dead" class.

In pve you can do fine and in arena 1vs1 its alright, but other then that expect to be cannon fodder because you cant compete with the other classes unless you greatly out gear them but if you put this gear on any other class you will still be effective.

Either way you play the class because you like it, you don't play it to be competitive because you simply cant because you will always be more effective playing any other class.

And when people complain about this class their usually a few players who i doubt play kuno actively, but they say every thing is alright and kuno is op and other people need to git gud or l2p.

And kashkow listen to these few players they even admitted it in one of their posts, so nothing will ever be done to fix this class because kashkow listen to a few rather then the out cries of many since release.

If you look at the recent Russian number only 2% play kuno because their is no point, other then liking the play style.

In my eyes the only classes that are worth it are: Warrior(with awakening), witch/wizard, blader, zerker, ranger, sorc the rest is just dead weight and will add almost nothing to teamplay because of the artistic balance PA wish to enforce.

7 people like this

Posted

Do like playing this class, disappointed with the damage output... oh well...

Posted

I like the play style but even with boss gear you shoudnt think about pvp against stong or equal equipment players. It's just frustrating. 

2 people like this

Posted

I like the play style but even with boss gear you shoudnt think about pvp against stong or equal equipment players. It's just frustrating. 

This is where come the skill in place, if you know your class and our enemy class, you can play with him & long time, unfortunatly we don't have enough burst to kill someone as easy as other class does :(

Posted

the most discontent you read about the kuno is about the fact they where delayed for "balance reasons" and when they did came out it was just the vanilla Korean version with non of the balance implied.

As gieljo shows you that is the korean version against ours, we asked for this buff many times in many threads but kashkow doesn't care about it one bit even tho they say they do but their actions clearly show they don't.

Then put in the fact that kuno and ninja will see their awakenings in December so many people just dropped the class because delayed release, no balance, and delayed awakening and to top it off are the actions of this "publisher" in general but also in regard to this class.

Now many kuno and ninja players feel they have been shafted and really nothing is done about it, in pvp you can pick a ranger and use about 3 or 4 skills to take someone out, but as a kuno the stars and the planets must be aligned because you need almost all your skills to do the same damage as a ranger for that matter.

Not only that but the ranger has higher defense as a kuno and has range because of her weapon, that's why many regard this class as "dead" class.

In pve you can do fine and in arena 1vs1 its alright, but other then that expect to be cannon fodder because you cant compete with the other classes unless you greatly out gear them but if you put this gear on any other class you will still be effective.

Either way you play the class because you like it, you don't play it to be competitive because you simply cant because you will always be more effective playing any other class.

And when people complain about this class their usually a few players who i doubt play kuno actively, but they say every thing is alright and kuno is op and other people need to git gud or l2p.

And kashkow listen to these few players they even admitted it in one of their posts, so nothing will ever be done to fix this class because kashkow listen to a few rather then the out cries of many since release.

If you look at the recent Russian number only 2% play kuno because their is no point, other then liking the play style.

In my eyes the only classes that are worth it are: Warrior(with awakening), witch/wizard, blader, zerker, ranger, sorc the rest is just dead weight and will add almost nothing to teamplay because of the artistic balance PA wish to enforce.

Thanks love,

Atleast someone notices me amirite @CM_Praballo, @GM_Caramel, @PM_Jouska?

1 person likes this

Posted

This is where come the skill in place, if you know your class and our enemy class, you can play with him & long time, unfortunatly we don't have enough burst to kill someone as easy as other class does :(

The lack of Burst damage is what kills it. We are by design a hit and run class, we aren't meant to mix it up in the middle of the battle field but the amount of attacks we are required to do for a kill will last more than 10 seconds meaning we're dead before its all done.

Also, it was pointed out in the bugs but our core skill, concealment is broken as we aren't supposed to take damage but i've been knocked out of it from aoe attacks many times. I presume it's because the aoe attack puts a debuff on me  and the rest of the attacks hit me knocking me out of concealment and then unto death. Also the fact that guild members can see right through your concealment even when they are on the opposite side of Red Battle Field, just makes me laugh.

Posted

Yep, really hard to train in arena with guildies with concealment

1 person likes this

Posted

Kuno is great for speedy gathering because of the mobility. Its a lot of fun for PVE. PVP is a very different story, and I avoid it at least for now.

The main reason I would steer clear is that this class gets no love from devs and is being totally neglected. They seen to have pretty clear favourites in terms of what they want to work on, and as far as I can tell the room marked "Kuno Development" has been turned into a dust closet.and everyone was shuffled off to work on nerfs and other "bug fixes". A shame...because the fighting style is far and away my favourite of the classes I have played. Its really hard to understand why the Korean version has such a big difference in output, and they think ours is fine. You gotta laugh at their inconsistency.

Kuno fix???? When???? If it ain't getting fixed, man up and say so, Kakao.

Posted

Have to agree with with everybody, it's such a shame as the class is so fun to play but the lack of damage is so frustrating.

We need some insight as to what they are going to do with the class, if anything at all so we can swap classes to be able to enjoy the game and stop leveling a useless class.

I personally keep coming onto the forums daily to see if anything has been done, but nada.

Please GM's or CM's, put us out of our misery and tell us how it is.

Posted

Im a 59 Kunoichi and love the playstyle. But she has 2 big disadvantages:

1. No burst.
2. Really RNG dependant for landing the CCs.

Its those combined factors that make her so weak. You need to land at least 2 consecutive CCs to kill another player because of the mentioned lack of burst damage. If you can CC chain your opponent you will eventually kill him. Buffing the damage on our skills helps us of course but it doesnt really solve the issue: Our combos take too much time, just the cancelled Shadow Stomp alone needs like 2 secs all in all.

And from what Ive seen it wont get better with our awakening. I find it hard to find valid information but from what Ive seen our new skills/weapon wont be any faster and also CC-wise were not as blessed as most other classes. But then again, I only found very little information and none of those players main a Kunoichi.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you guys for all the input and replies, I'm going to get my kunoichi to lvl 56 then get my musa there as well. Really a shame tho, such a fun class to play and Kakao takes a shit all over it. Well hopefully they get fixed but with this game developer I wont hold my breath ¬¬

Btw do you guys know if Ninja is any better? Or is it same shit show just minus the boobs.

Posted

From what Ive heard Ninja has better forward mobility and ranged CC. This is especially useful against Rangers (theyre a pain to fight as Kuno) and other fast moving classes.

Posted

56231802cd.png

This

yep not even worth playing till we get the kr buff but that isent going to happen with awakening lol.

why cause awakening comes with a compleatly new skill set that has nothing to do with the origional skills.

My advice to all kunos go ranger cause kakao will never buff it to present kr damages.

Posted (edited)

The Kunoichi is a class that relies on combos, and a stealth attitude, rather than rushing straight into the fight. A geared kunoichi in the hands of a skilled player can kill any other class in the game, no problem. The problem is that you need to be in the top 5-10% of all players gear wise, and level wise, AND be very skilled with the class, and the majority of people who play the class, are not. These people are the ones who trash talk the class relentlessly, and should be ignored. As for the whole KR vs NA damage, KR kunoichi's/ninja's got a damage boost because they were fighting classes who all had their awakening, aside from witch/wizard, and their awakening date was nowhere in the near future, thus, PA buffed their damage in order to compete with the awakened classes. There is no point in doing so on NA, since our awakening will be out near the beginning of December. You should think of a kunoichi like a real life Tank. It requires countless hours of maintenance and upkeep for a very short operation time in exchange. The same is required with Kunoichis, lots of time spent gearing/leveling and staying ahead of the curve in order to be relevant in pvp. I personally have no problems in pvp or pve, with the current state of the kunoichi, which is why the only conclusion that I can come to is that the majority of players on this class are either below lv 58, below average ap/dp, don't have a hold on the class in terms of proper skill rotations/combos, or a mixture of the 3, and to blame your inability to properly maintain/play the class on a simple difference in multipliers between NA and KR is just silly.If you are good at the class, you won't need the extra damage to get the job done. Also, feel free to bash me and tell me how wrong I am.

Edited by Wrath

Posted

+1 so much better explained than what i would of written : "The publisher just doesn't care"

2 people like this

Posted

Hi Wrath, thanks for your reply. I can somewhat reply to you as I main Kuno, play on a daily basis and my focus is PVP. I completely understand where you are coming from, and agree with most of it. I'm level 59, 215 ap, 256 dp

Personally I think the main problem is the time it takes to kill an equal geared player, compared to other classes, and to do your full CC, combo chain (hoping RNG and dysnc doesn't screw you over) require fast hands. Not everyone is able to pull it off I agree. The general consensus about the class might change with the awakening, who knows, but until then we are forced to fight against/alongside classes that kill mobs and players 10 times faster.

Yes we can kill any class in the game 1v1 but it can get irritating, no room for error, once you get cc'd your basically dead. Most of my buddies who played kuno when it was released have all swapped to another class, I stuck with it, but I am running out of patience too.

Node wars I see myself as a support class, and some people might be fine with that, but I'm not tbh, I wanna kill :)

Posted

As for the whole KR vs NA damage, KR kunoichi's/ninja's got a damage boost because they were fighting classes who all had their awakening, aside from witch/wizard, and their awakening date was nowhere in the near future, thus, PA buffed their damage in order to compete with the awakened classes. There is no point in doing so on NA, since our awakening will be out near the beginning of December. 

I would agree with this if other classes hadn't had their awakening compensation buffs in NA/EU for a while now.  There is no reason not to change ninja/kuno at this point as waiting til december is going to hurt more than help.

Posted

The Kunoichi is a class that relies on combos, and a stealth attitude, rather than rushing straight into the fight. A geared kunoichi in the hands of a skilled player can kill any other class in the game, no problem. The problem is that you need to be in the top 5-10% of all players gear wise, and level wise, AND be very skilled with the class, and the majority of people who play the class, are not. These people are the ones who trash talk the class relentlessly, and should be ignored. As for the whole KR vs NA damage, KR kunoichi's/ninja's got a damage boost because they were fighting classes who all had their awakening, aside from witch/wizard, and their awakening date was nowhere in the near future, thus, PA buffed their damage in order to compete with the awakened classes. There is no point in doing so on NA, since our awakening will be out near the beginning of December. You should think of a kunoichi like a real life Tank. It requires countless hours of maintenance and upkeep for a very short operation time in exchange. The same is required with Kunoichis, lots of time spent gearing/leveling and staying ahead of the curve in order to be relevant in pvp. I personally have no problems in pvp or pve, with the current state of the kunoichi, which is why the only conclusion that I can come to is that the majority of players on this class are either below lv 58, below average ap/dp, don't have a hold on the class in terms of proper skill rotations/combos, or a mixture of the 3, and to blame your inability to properly maintain/play the class on a simple difference in multipliers between NA and KR is just silly.If you are good at the class, you won't need the extra damage to get the job done. Also, feel free to bash me and tell me how wrong I am.

If a class requires more time because of its GEAR (not player skill) the class is underpowered. This is like the very definition of it.

1 person likes this

Posted

If a class requires more time because of its GEAR (not player skill) the class is underpowered. This is like the very definition of it.

I have been playing Kunoichi since it was released in KR. This is nothing new, it's been that way since day 1, and hasn't been changed, so the only possible reason is that it was meant to be that way. 

Posted

Kuno is op like hell. tons of CC, good damage, average healing and permaiframe+block. so much survivlaability. the opest class right after warrior

Posted

Kuno is op like hell. tons of CC, good damage, average healing and permaiframe+block. so much survivlaability. the opest class right after warrior

right that's why in russia only 2% play kuno because its so over powered come on man.

Also what do you mean by average healing, spamming pots ?

Perma iframe ...... no words.

So much survivability, lowest defense of all classes and 1 cc and you'r dead how is that so much survivability ?

how is using like 6 to 8 skills to get damage, while other classes can use 3 or 4 skill to either have equal or higher damage "great damage" ?

Do you even play kunoichi ?

Because nothing you just wrote made sense in anyway, shape or form. 

3 people like this

Posted

cmon man, konos just need to git gut. its top tear pvp class. good kunos rek me all day all night and i have full bossgear...

Posted

cmon man, konos just need to git gut. its top tear pvp class. good kunos rek me all day all night and i have full bossgear...

Maybe you're just bad?lol

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0