• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Valkyrie after 5 months

42 posts in this topic

Posted

I was planning to start playing again after a break of 5 months, when i left the situation was pretty bad for the valk, problem with desync, unbalanced class and a lot of people re-rolling.
How is the situation now? i'm sure we are still good for 1v1 but what about small scale pvp, gvg and node wars? the full dp build is still the only solution to be useful? has the awakening solved anything? is worth waiting? 

Posted

absolutely no change to the class other than sp reduction on soj....mean while other classes continue to receives buffs and/or their awakening

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is bad, i'm also reading that she suffered a lot from +16-20 because of poor dp scaling. 

Edited by Mordoc

Posted

No change hoping awakening is a big boost if not I'll just make a witch

Posted (edited)

valkyrie is a big piece a shit. no damage  much slow skill animation squishy 9/10 skill useless easy to eye follow all skill. no super armor no i-frame. SoJ do nothing cause desync. Celestial spear aoe completly too low...

completly garbage classe and PA do nothing....

i hate this fking mentality to ignore a fking classe

Valkyrie need a unique feature.Valkyrie need a emplacement on the META.

Need a fking classe change coupon right now..

Edited by Catastigma
1 person likes this

Posted

You guys need to understand Valk is like Kuno in that we are not meant to use them. I know it sounds mean, but I think they need to either do some rebalancing or remove the classes that have no dev interest.

I think the reality is Valk suffers from the same thing Kuno and ninja do. People fight high geared high levelled players and walk away thinking they are too OP. But literally any class with top gear and a high level are OP in this game. The class ain't OP by any means, the GEAR the elite players have is OP.

Posted

You guys really do need to chill.

Warrior forums were full of all this same kind of -----ing until they got their awakening.

Be patient, yes it sucks but I'll be more gentle about it than I was in another thread, just gotta wait. You'll get your awakening and more than likely be more than satisfied with your place in PvP so long as you give yourselves time to adjust to it appropriately just like every other class had to do. Just don't hype up your expectations like Some sorcs and Giants did. They expected to become unstoppable behemoths and the new Jesus in PvP, a lot of complaining came out of them because of it but it has died down significantly now.

Your class will improve, just be patient and you'll see the reward for it.

Posted

Warrior forums were full of all this same kind of -----ing until they got their awakening.

Be patient, yes it sucks but I'll be more gentle about it than I was in another thread, just gotta wait. You'll get your awakening and more than likely be more than satisfied with your place in PvP so long as you give yourselves time to adjust to it appropriately just like every other class had to do. Just don't hype up your expectations like Some sorcs and Giants did. They expected to become unstoppable behemoths and the new Jesus in PvP, a lot of complaining came out of them because of it but it has died down significantly now.

There is not much optimism when even KR players think Valks are at the bottom of the barrel after awakenings.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me check if our awakening is comparable to others then I may agree or not with you (it's a matter of few weeks anyway).. 

I'm more than skeptical about it, sure it will give us some better movibility, but won't fix the core problem in our design, and won't change us as much as GS did to Warriors, I fear we'd still be one step behind "equally geared" other classes. My hope is a rework of DP scaling, but I also know it's difficult they will do it (and yes, I'm considering also the cons: for a full DP built Valk like me it will mean literally 0 kill power, but I'm more than happy to trade this with being able to zerg tank - many valks will disagree on this, but my opinion is solid: if you want to kill things, you roll a DPS, not a tank.

1 person likes this

Posted

warriors are regarded widely as the best awakening in KR, and it shows. valks have had to wait an extra 3 months for an awakening that going leave us mid-bottom tier. I still firmly believe theres a reason why no one plays valks, both in KR and NA/EU, and its because the class has been completely forgottenabout while others continue to receive buff after buff

Posted

Only thing valk is missing preawakening and after awakening is super armor + block while casting skills.

Every other class gets super armor or frontal block with/without awakening except valks.

Rangers have a glorified shield throw.

Rangers are new valks 

Posted

Let me check if our awakening is comparable to others then I may agree or not with you (it's a matter of few weeks anyway).. 

I'm more than skeptical about it, sure it will give us some better movibility, but won't fix the core problem in our design, and won't change us as much as GS did to Warriors, I fear we'd still be one step behind "equally geared" other classes. My hope is a rework of DP scaling, but I also know it's difficult they will do it (and yes, I'm considering also the cons: for a full DP built Valk like me it will mean literally 0 kill power, but I'm more than happy to trade this with being able to zerg tank - many valks will disagree on this, but my opinion is solid: if you want to kill things, you roll a DPS, not a tank.

But we have nothing that qualifies us over other classes as tanks. If they simply rework dp scaling every other class can also get tanky by going full dp. You would need to remove almost every cc other "dps" classes have, introduce basedmg to skills and scale down dp "dps" classes get from gear to make us viable tanks. A tank should be able to dominate a "dps" class in 1v1. "dps" classes shouldnt be able to shine without protection, but this whole game isnt designed around that. There are only dps classes in this game. As you also solo all pve content and have no dungeon or whatever that require the holy trinity of healer, tank and dps. Yeah we have a shield but other classes have way superior defense abilities.

Also a tank needs to pose a threat especially in pvp where aggro skills wouldnt work. Your enemy must have a reason to attack you rather than your fragile "dps" classes. With only a dp rework you are just going to be ignored by enemies because of the 0% chance for you to kill anyone alone.

Posted

But we have nothing that qualifies us over other classes as tanks. If they simply rework dp scaling every other class can also get tanky by going full dp. You would need to remove almost every cc other "dps" classes have, introduce basedmg to skills and scale down dp "dps" classes get from gear to make us viable tanks. A tank should be able to dominate a "dps" class in 1v1. "dps" classes shouldnt be able to shine without protection, but this whole game isnt designed around that. There are only dps classes in this game. As you also solo all pve content and have no dungeon or whatever that require the holy trinity of healer, tank and dps. Yeah we have a shield but other classes have way superior defense abilities.

Also a tank needs to pose a threat especially in pvp where aggro skills wouldnt work. Your enemy must have a reason to attack you rather than your fragile "dps" classes. With only a dp rework you are just going to be ignored by enemies because of the 0% chance for you to kill anyone alone.

Everything was pointing Valk as the tank class, starting from its description, the crappy lore and those weird and completely useless diagrams of power showed in char creation, our skill-set is the skill set of a tank (althou with crappy values), our off-hand is a shield, the symbol of tanks, aside this I agree there's no PvE need of a tank (not that PvP has some need of it anyway) and actually we can't tank.

Since the pre-condition (we are supposed to be Tanks) is not true, they may as well remove the nerf on our damage in PvP and retouch our skills' effects to actually make us able to do the same damage of other classes, this won't solve my struggle (I've been always using tank classes and I probably started playing online before many of the actual players were even born), but at least would bring us on par with all the others. 

Still I doubt they will ever fix anything, so like it or not, I'll have to carry over with what I have right now, untill one good day I'll be bored enough and I will look for something else.

Posted (edited)

ya they need to rework the valk skill-values. To make us more "tanky" and not cause the other classes to be tanky as well from the dp scaling. they could simply give us more values from our DP buffs from heaven-echo (20dp), our shield (20dp) and black spirit (30dp) and boost them to like 40,40,50 as an example. 

Therefore it allow counter play with valks where we have short period of downtime when we trying to rebuff while able to tank when we do manage to rebuff ourself.

Edited by CrimsonCore

Posted

Another kr patch came out (see reddit) where every class in the game was adjusted..... except valks. Sadly it's not even the first time. The least played class according to KR and Ru census has also seen the fewest changes in months with no dev communication. Sadly I'm done waiting, the idea I'm going from trash to mediocre while devs are eager to make Giants even better is rather annoying. The fact that despite our defensive supposed nature we have one of the worst usable sets of Super armors or forward blocks while also having far and away the worst mobility of any melee is mind blowing. 

I don't think they care to fix it either and rather than waiting for my awakening just to realize that while better I'm still in a bad situation compared to the 'elite'  awakenings I'll just play something else. Sadly I really liked this game until I became more and more aware that my choice and preference of class made me a second class citizen. It's not even a new issue, kr players complained about Valk now for months only to hear crickets. Maybe when this supposed balance patch comes out I'll peak at it but I won't hold my breath. 

Posted

Another kr patch came out (see reddit) where every class in the game was adjusted..... except valks. Sadly it's not even the first time. The least played class according to KR and Ru census has also seen the fewest changes in months with no dev communication. Sadly I'm done waiting, the idea I'm going from trash to mediocre while devs are eager to make Giants even better is rather annoying. The fact that despite our defensive supposed nature we have one of the worst usable sets of Super armors or forward blocks while also having far and away the worst mobility of any melee is mind blowing. 

I don't think they care to fix it either and rather than waiting for my awakening just to realize that while better I'm still in a bad situation compared to the 'elite'  awakenings I'll just play something else. Sadly I really liked this game until I became more and more aware that my choice and preference of class made me a second class citizen. It's not even a new issue, kr players complained about Valk now for months only to hear crickets. Maybe when this supposed balance patch comes out I'll peak at it but I won't hold my breath. 

this was said in another post I think but from the KR patches 90% of the changes were nerfs to super armor and iframes, which the valk already lacks in the first place. outside of the buffs the zerkers got this just brought everyone but the valk down a notch in my opinion

Posted

this was said in another post I think but from the KR patches 90% of the changes were nerfs to super armor and iframes, which the valk already lacks in the first place. outside of the buffs the zerkers got this just brought everyone but the valk down a notch in my opinion

well it's different form of rebalance , done not by buffing up Valks, but nerfing the others... let's see how the KR players will rage/react/accept those "nerfs" and how PA will move after. It should be fun.

Posted

Two patches before hand in KR, Valkyrie received the same nerfs on our awakened mobility. Not sure it eases the blow to know Valkyrie were used to beta test a nerf then given to everyone else. It also does nothing to help our class which has been sub standard for a long while to just have other classes endure the same nerfs we already havewhen there are loads of other issues with our class.

But thats my peace on that. Will check back in a few months. 

Posted (edited)

Two patches before hand in KR, Valkyrie received the same nerfs on our awakened mobility. Not sure it eases the blow to know Valkyrie were used to beta test a nerf then given to everyone else. It also does nothing to help our class which has been sub standard for a long while to just have other classes endure the same nerfs we already havewhen there are loads of other issues with our class.

But thats my peace on that. Will check back in a few months. 

No it didn't, it was a tooltip update... and we never had SArmor or Iframe on mobility in the first place anyway.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

just wait for the "real" valks that will tell u all that valk is best pvp class.... ;)

tbh yes it is sad... i was like yea i can survive the time till my awakening... then after i saw that all classes can grind now min. 2 times faster (we tested it) i lost the will to grind at all or do something with that class... 3 weeks to wait just to see that the class will be probaly just srsly shit...

and yes it is sad to see that they gave SOJ less SP costs... i'm sure DEV dont even know that valkyrie is in the game ;D

Posted

I play a valk and I can confirm it's the most over potato, piece of shield class ever to not be balanced this side of the Mason-Dixon line. Valks won that magical life changing super ultra srs bsns PvP tourny that one time forever ago in a galaxy far far away. They will win every tourny from now until the end of carebears the 2nd movie. All you plebs that think otherwise need to check yourself before you banana in your waffle maker.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

warriors are regarded widely as the best awakening in KR, and it shows. valks have had to wait an extra 3 months for an awakening that going leave us mid-bottom tier. I still firmly believe theres a reason why no one plays valks, both in KR and NA/EU, and its because the class has been completely forgottenabout while others continue to receive buff after buff

If you remember im the guy who mains valk/warrior and im excited about valk awakening to be honest. It really looks good, and videos shows its not shit as people keep throwing around. Of course videos don't mean much, but from what i've seen so far i wouldn't call valkyrie bottom of the barrel.

Edited by Sliferx

Posted

If you remember im the guy who mains valk/warrior and im excited about valk awakening to be honest. It really looks good, and videos shows its not shit as people keep throwing around. Of course videos don't mean much, but from what i've seen so far i wouldn't call valkyrie bottom of the barrel.

there really isnt a bottom of the barrel per say, but i wouldnt call valkyrie top of the line OP.

Posted

Valkyrie is the baseline class.  We are the ones everyone else gets balanced around, because we are the most balanced class in an unbalanced game.

Posted

Valkyrie is the baseline class.  We are the ones everyone else gets balanced around, because we are the most balanced class in an unbalanced game.

Valkyrie feels more like the hastily put together class, because the deadline was closing in. Or the early game design concept that was left in the game by mistake.

Honestly, just compare valk's kits with anything else. She doesn't have forward block, or superarmor on spamable skills. No i-frames either. And she has one dmg ability in pvp(SoJ). Nothing else does dmg, and most skills are completely useless.

And she is probably the only class in game, who's abilites used during cooldown restart the counter. Everything in her kit is dated. And the developers no longer care. So few ppl are still playing the class it's just not worth their limited time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0