• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Valkyrie after 5 months

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Valkyrie is the baseline class.  We are the ones everyone else gets balanced around, because we are the most balanced class in an unbalanced game.

Valkyrie is entirely unbalanced. It's bugged to shit, has a list of mechanical flaws and imbalances as long as your arm, and is built for a mechanical stat and skill based meta not even developed in the game.

The penultimate argument for this, ignoring all other details or issues, is that our damage is confined to a small, melee-range area, coming in slow, intermittent bursts, all whilst we are stationary. This is only viable and relatively balanced if you have the mechanics to support this specific playstyle/class build via damage mitigation, absorption, or both. When you add in the clear difference in mobility, mitigation, and damage methods of the other classes, this paints an even worse picture. 

I doubt I particularly need to explain the why and how of the fact that our class currently lacks proper, fleshed out supporting mechanics in both actual skills or stats for our style and method of mobility and damage. 

Posted (edited)

Dont listen to one single snowflake in this thread...

Watch this, then pick up your jaw and learn how to play a Valk properly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-WnR3NjOesTAOiZnrOkRQ

Edited by Visnja

Posted

Dont listen to one single snowflake in this thread...

Watch this, then pick up your jaw and learn how to play a Valk properly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-WnR3NjOesTAOiZnrOkRQ

Indeed.

Do not listen to loads of players sharing their opinions on forums and in game, answering each other; jump on an overgeared KR streamer's youtube channel, watch him outgearing 90% of his opponents in his vids, accept anything he shows/says as god's word and understand the class through google translate.

-Insert logic here-

1 person likes this

Posted

Indeed.

Do not listen to loads of players sharing their opinions on forums and in game, answering each other; jump on an overgeared KR streamer's youtube channel, watch him outgearing 90% of his opponents in his vids, accept anything he shows/says as god's word and understand the class through google translate.

-Insert logic here-

I would say get good...

But thats just the standard trolly response. 

Are Valks having it rough ? Sure...
But NA Players constantly look for the easy road and complain when things get tough. 

Roll your sleeves up and get better, honestly that's all there is too it.  I'm sorry I can't sugar coat anything for you. Awakening is coming soon , wonder if the same whining will persist ? 

Posted

I would say get good...

But NA Players constantly look for the easy road and complain when things get tough. 

Roll your sleeves up and get better, honestly that's all there is too it.  I'm sorry I can't sugar coat anything for you. Awakening is coming soon , wonder if the same whining will persist ? 

You can say "roll your sleeves up" all you want, but the skill ceiling on Valkyrie at the moment is abysmal, because it's unbalanced and underdeveloped. With decent gear, and a decent build, you can over come it to a degree, however at the end of the day, you're still at a considerable disadvantage, since you can close the stat gap and get a bit more damage and resist to work with, however you'll never actually bridge it completely. 

And for some people, perhaps it is about an easy road. That doesn't change the fact that, whatever reason they're complaining for, what they are complaining about is generally at it's core still valid. As far as care I just want a somewhat balanced class that excels in it's intended niche; a burst-heavy multi-role frontliner. A punchy tank, in essence. And it'd be so easy, yet nothing is getting done about, and it's often just being made worse. The addition of super armor, frontal block, a bit more integral cast speed and/or some polished and mildly shortened animations and better (Faster/Longer ranged) mobility in a balanced manner on certain skills is all it needs, really. But nah. Zerkers need more buffs and all that. GAME BALANCE IS A DELICATE PROCESS GUYS U UNDERSTAND RIGHT LULK.

We'll see how much our awakening changes the potential skill cap, however consider that most reasonable evidence at the moment seems to point towards not as much as for other classes.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would say get good...

Not sure about what class you are playing mate and... What does my skills level has to do with my answer about logic? Seriously, it is a complete different topic, i guess you are not reading with attention and your posts are getting randomly generated by your mood?

If you read the OP you can clearly understand we aren't asking for much, we don't want "the easy way".

As stated multiple times, the only thing we are asking for is to get the same mechanics as other classes such as frontal block during certain skills and some more mobility, since playing in group pvp usually ends up with a grilled valk because of too many aoe CC's even going through our block (which should cover us by 360 degrees) and also, we are asking to see our original role of tank/support class revamped, since there's at least 3 classes doing it better than us.

That is not a crazy request and more importantly it is supported by a constructive discussion between many players, each one of them provided some positive criticism about the whole topic.

Not sure about you, seems like you only came here to say "git gud" and other stuff; please refrain from further trolling/toxicity and try to stick to the topic.

Also, linking footage of an awakened valkyrie in a thread about our current main hand doesnt make much sense.

P.S. Join our fresh new discord if you want to, we are raising a nice little community there.

Edited by Aunatar

Posted

Its funny how everyone just deals with the pvp side, I seldom pvp, and for pve, valk is a god, can walk into anything and live, and kill, and well once ap is up.

Yes, other things kill faster, but they also die more.

Shrug, I love my valk, yes I wish it was better in pvp, heck, let shield toss make people spin away and it would work, but still, its a great class.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its funny how everyone just deals with the pvp side, I seldom pvp, and for pve, valk is a god, can walk into anything and live, and kill, and well once ap is up.

Shrug, I love my valk, yes I wish it was better in pvp, heck, let shield toss make people spin away and it would work, but still, its a great class.

Die more from... what exactly?...

Posted (edited)

You'd be surprised how easily a Wizard can survive with Magical Evasion, Protected Area, Lighthouse Healing, and that red aggro ball.

Edited by nucleargirl
2 people like this

Posted

I mean. It's not really funny that most people focus on PvP efficacy considering the majority of content is geared towards or otherwise for the sake of said PvP.

If you can gain significant enjoyment from grinding PvE mobs for 4-10 hours/day, farming FB/WB for drops and the like, then good on you, I guess. For the rest of us, PvE holds little to no challenge and/or enjoyment. Or maybe we'd just like to be useful in GvG/NW. There's many reasons why one might like to actually be viable in PvP.

Our sustain is convenient. It doesn't offset our wanky clear speed, which leaves us at a disadvantage, which widens considerably over time, in EXP, SP, Rare Drops and straight up silver. 

1 person likes this

Posted

balance in a game completely based on gear LOL

Posted

I do 100% hate the fact that Gear >> Skill/Level

Posted (edited)

I'm a valk main that's also thinking of coming back too...I took a break because of irl things since May, but reading about this makes me feel unmotivated in a way to play my valk (since she is my only character). But I'm not into PvP as much so in terms of PvE, Valks are still...okay-ish right? :o

Edited by Aokami

Posted

I'm a valk main that's also thinking of coming back too...I took a break because of irl things since May, but reading about this makes me feel unmotivated in a way to play my valk (since she is my only character). But I'm not into PvP as much so in terms of PvE, Valks are still...okay-ish right? :o

in 2 weeks. If you haven't invested into it play something else lol

Posted (edited)

Valks are the slowest PvE class, if you prefer PvE any other class would be better, but i would recommend you ranger, blader (with awakening ofc), warrior or sorc (not entirely sure about last one). This, if your concern is efficiency.

If you like Valk, just play it like many of these stubborn valks still around

Edited by Aunatar

Posted

Die more from... what exactly?...

Not that this is an entirely serious reply but.....

All hail Kutum, breaker of gems, devourer of xp!

Every time I get on the kutum train, the tracks are paved with the bodies of non-blocking classes, and even then a few of those are mixed in.

Posted (edited)

Not that this is an entirely serious reply but.....
All hail Kutum, breaker of gems, devourer of xp!

Every time I get on the kutum train, the tracks are paved with the bodies of non-blocking classes, and even then a few of those are mixed in.

Lol. You know kutum is the only boss where you dont block, but you make dodge rolls instead? xD you just need iframes x)

Btw being a valk/warrior helps with Karanda i guess. Not that everyone and their moms aren't using a ranger/witch alt :'D

Edited by Aunatar

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0