• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Should Kakao allow player to player trade/exchange of items into the guilds?

Should Kakao allow player to player trade/exchange of items into the guilds?   177 votes

1. 1. Should Kakao allow player to player trade/exchange of items into the guilds?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

94 posts in this topic

Posted

Should Kakao allow player to player trade/exchange of items into the guilds, with longer time penalties for joining and leaving a guild - so the player could not leave a guild a week after joined one, and join a new one, a week after left one.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think so, it is completely possible to have some form of player to player trade without damaging the game from gold sellers.

It's a shame this thread will most likely be swarmed by people who refuse to even read possible solutions.

"GIT GUD"

"Ur a gld sellr"

"THE COMMUNITY DOES NOT WANT PLAYER TRADE SO STOP ASKING, GUY FROM THIS COMMUNITY"

"Leave"

"No."

There, saved you assholes some trouble, now people who actually want to discuss this topic as if this were a forum can talk.

Now, personally I feel that unlimited trading, even with barriers like joining a guild for specific amounts of time, would allow gold sellers to abuse the game. I think if player trade were introduced, it should follow a similar system as that implemented for selling cash shop items. on the AH. Namely, people should have unrestricted trade with anyone, but there should be some weekly cap as to how much people can do. Instead of a cap on items however, I feel a cap on total worth traded would be most appropriate. If players could freely trade a few mil per week and no more, then gold sellers would not be able to do any meaningful amount of business, while legit players could still help their friends and guildmates with material and supplies. A low limit would prohibit trading high end gear, but I kind of agree with the feelings of some people that player trade could be used to power gear newer players. In my opinion, trade should be there just so that players can help friends and guildies just a little, not too much.

6 people like this

Posted

"GIT GUD"

Posted

I think so, it is completely possible to have some form of player to player trade without damaging the game from gold sellers.

It's a shame this thread will most likely be swarmed by people who refuse to even read possible solutions.

"GIT GUD"

"Ur a gld sellr"

"THE COMMUNITY DOES NOT WANT PLAYER TRADE SO STOP ASKING, GUY FROM THIS COMMUNITY"

"Leave"

"No."

There, saved you assholes some trouble, now people who actually want to discuss this topic as if this were a forum can talk.

Now, personally I feel that unlimited trading, even with barriers like joining a guild for specific amounts of time, would allow gold sellers to abuse the game. I think if player trade were introduced, it should follow a similar system as that implemented for selling cash shop items. on the AH. Namely, people should have unrestricted trade with anyone, but there should be some weekly cap as to how much people can do. Instead of a cap on items however, I feel a cap on total worth traded would be most appropriate. If players could freely trade a few mil per week and no more, then gold sellers would not be able to do any meaningful amount of business, while legit players could still help their friends and guildmates with material and supplies. A low limit would prohibit trading high end gear, but I kind of agree with the feelings of some people that player trade could be used to power gear newer players. In my opinion, trade should be there just so that players can help friends and guildies just a little, not too much.

I see nothing wrong to gear the new players. That will make much more people to play the game, as now the main reason people to avoid BDO is the grind.

Posted

ReplyBot:  No! It's been said over and over.

Posted

ReplyBot:  No! It's been said over and over.

Why? Gold sellers - fake argument, as with time penalty into the guilds the gold selling will stay forbidden.

Posted

Why? Gold sellers - fake argument, as with time penalty into the guilds the gold selling will stay forbidden.

Again... read the thousands of threads on this topic.  Nothing new can be added to the conversation.  Verdict is in: community and kakao said no.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Again... read the thousands of threads on this topic.  Nothing new can be added to the conversation.  Verdict is in: community and kakao said no.

I read them, and the answer is clearly 'Yes'. As the opponents have only one fake argument.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Goldsellers are a myth.

Posted (edited)

Goldsellers are a myth.

They are not, but at the same time they are. But how the gold seller will sell gold in a guild with time penalties implemented? As now the decision to buy account or services from a gold seller is absolutely anonymous. Then it would be something that many people will know about. How many players will risk ban to their accounts? Well if the publisher does not care, that is another problem.

But if Kakao do nothing to make this game multiplayer and more friendly to the casual players, only the nolifers will stay to play solo, and after few months the publisher will start to merge the servers. And with the new wave of MMORPGs next year the world of BDO will become empty space. You should really hate this game to answer with 'No'.

Edited by Ikcen
2 people like this

Posted

I see nothing wrong to gear the new players. That will make much more people to play the game, as now the main reason people to avoid BDO is the grind.

You want to rob new players of what would probably be the more enjoyable aspect of the game.

Something they only have one chance at.

The game is designed to let you explore and progress through it at a very reasonable rate.  One of the best things you can do is play the game without online guides and just learn and enjoy it.

When you go back with secondary characters now you can skip over 50% of the games content.  You can even power level directly to 56 in hours/days and lose out on 100's of hours of content.

Posted

You want to rob new players of what would probably be the more enjoyable aspect of the game.

Something they only have one chance at.

The game is designed to let you explore and progress through it at a very reasonable rate.  One of the best things you can do is play the game without online guides and just learn and enjoy it.

When you go back with secondary characters now you can skip over 50% of the games content.  You can even power level directly to 56 in hours/days and lose out on 100's of hours of content.

To robe :) From the RNG grind for gear? Is that the most enjoyable aspect of the game? The game should be a MMO. The fact it is singleplayer is its biggest issue. Yes, the hardcore players like you probably can play alone, even if all the players left BDO. But that is your own problem. If you want to play solo, play a singleplayer game. But probably it is too late for BDO to be saved.

3 people like this

Posted

pvp is dead or limited to 2 or 3 guilds waving their d*cks around and pve is a joke that requires barely any gear at all, might as well let people give away their gear and gold so new players can get a taste of how it was 4 months ago and of course might as well let the p2w fully enter the game instead of hiding as "convenience".

7uwzf.jpg

Posted

"GIT GUD"

"Ur a gld sellr"

"Leave"

"No."

The point is to prevent goldsellers from doing any business, not just preventing it to the point where it stops being meaningful.

If there was an account cap, don't you think goldsellers will have multiple accounts to the point that this limitation does not affect them? It will only restrict the weekly amount they can do business with for one customer, but they can still serve unlimited customers with multiple accounts.

Now, same as "P2W, it has to be seen wether this kind of limited gold selling would actually have some meaningful impact, but when it comes to goldsellers, in my opinion, I wouldn't allow them any kind of business, no matter how small it is.

3 people like this

Posted

"Ur a gld sellr"

Posted (edited)

This seems like the same issue of enable trade just written differently to try to trick people into thinking it's a good thing to give gold sellers opportunity.

Edited by Dalenos

Posted (edited)

I voted no because I think your idea isn't a solid system, unless you can elaborate with more solid details.

Edited by Balmafra

Posted

depends, ima say yes cuz id love it, but i understand why people dont want it...would make new guild members carebears that you are forced to help xD

Posted (edited)

The point is to prevent goldsellers from doing any business, not just preventing it to the point where it stops being meaningful.

If there was an account cap, don't you think goldsellers will have multiple accounts to the point that this limitation does not affect them? It will only restrict the weekly amount they can do business with for one customer, but they can still serve unlimited customers with multiple accounts.

Now, same as "P2W, it has to be seen wether this kind of limited gold selling would actually have some meaningful impact, but when it comes to goldsellers, in my opinion, I wouldn't allow them any kind of business, no matter how small it is.

There is still gold selling being done, only difference is the mechanism, instead of gold being transferred through trade, people sell gold by logging into an account and grinding for the gold buyer.

If your goal is to prevent the gold sellers from doing ANY business, no matter how small, than the only thing you should be advocating is the closing of the game entirely, because that is literally the only way gold selling will stop.

So your goal is for the game to close?

Edited by GenericUser
2 people like this

Posted

There is still gold selling being done, only difference is the mechanism, instead of gold being transferred through trade, people sell gold by logging into an account and grinding for the gold buyer.

If your goal is to prevent the gold sellers from doing ANY business, no matter how small, than the only thing you should be advocating is the closing of the game entirely, because that is literally the only way gold selling will stop.

So your goal is for the game to close?

There will always be gold - selling services, and it is something we will never get rid of, no game will.

But, because of our Pay-Gate (buy the game) instead of being Free-2-Play (download, create account, and go!) they cannot run rampant.  With the F2P model, gold-sites make craptons of accounts, all logged in, auto-grinding, then they trade the gold/silver/etc to centralized accounts to "amass" the amount needed for their sale.

I believe that with the account-purchase gate in place, Trade-Disabled to prevent gold-bot-collection is no longer necessary.  I think what is on the table now, are other arguments to be had.

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone who says no to player trading is a communist.

See? I can make trollish accusations too.

Posted

This seems like the same issue of enable trade just written differently to try to trick people into thinking it's a good thing to give gold sellers opportunity.

fighting with gold selelrs is one, killing of one of big social aspect of guilds is the other

as for my opinion in case - heavilly restricted it could pass, like limiting it to variety of items that could possibly make sense to exchange wth guildmates without hurting economy (much) and maybe slap onto that something like "only for between contracted members with at least x time spend while contracted"

what would be "logical" to be transfered throught guildmates?

crafting materials, gathering tools, and maybe mounts [horses, wagons, boats]

everything else that could make perfect sense and had potentially low impact on the overal economy is already allowed for personal transactions soooo

Posted

But the single players, how will they get stuff? 

Posted

Should Kakao allow player to player trade/exchange of items into the guilds, with longer time penalties for joining and leaving a guild - so the player could not leave a guild a week after joined one, and join a new one, a week after left one.

As stated elsewhere, I like the Marketplace system as it is for the reason it eliminates the very result you are seeking. There is no exclusiveness attached to any trade ingame, if any item is to be traded (outside the one time hp, mana, food etc trades) it is available to anyone that has the resources and the need. If guilds wish to aid a guildie in gearing, they already have the option to party up and choose the drop to leader scenario which is what my partner and I do to facilitate gearing/silver generation. 

Posted

I voted no

you would totally destroy the market if the guilds could opperate within themselves 

however, it could work if you were to trade the items within the guild, but the receiver must pay the max current mp value to do so.