• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How do I Trade Items that I've Gathered?

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I can't seem to find out how to do this, or WHAT THE POSSIBLE REASONING WOULD BE if the game doesn't allow me to do this.

For Example:
- I gather a Rough Stone and want to give it to my boyfriend
- I hit Trade
- He hits Trade
- The Rough Stone is not available to Trade

I cannot trade Silver?
I cannot send items in the Mail?

How do we trade between Friends, Family or Guild Members?

Is there a reason why I can't trade (hand to hand) items that I've Gathered?

(Please do not reply with: "A Rough Stone?! Just buy that shit on the Market". "Rough Stone" is an example, and I'm using it as a variable to describe any item I can gather)

Edited by Pixii
1 person likes this

Posted

oh gawd

not again

it just never ends

Posted

Um.. trading is not available? You can only trade potions and food.

Posted

I can't seem to find out how to do this, or WHAT THE POSSIBLE REASONING WOULD BE if the game doesn't allow me to do this.

For Example:
- I gather a Rough Stone and want to give it to my boyfriend
- I hit Trade
- He hits Trade
- The Rough Stone is not available to Trade

I cannot trade Silver?
I cannot send items in the Mail?

How do we trade between Friends, Family or Guild Members?

Is there a reason why I can't trade (hand to hand) items that I've Gathered?

(Please do not reply with: "A Rough Stone?! Just buy that shit on the Market". "Rough Stone" is an example, and I'm using it as a variable to describe any item I can gather)

The "Trade" feature is only for food and elixirs, and these items cannot be sold on the Marketplace if they are acquired through Trading.

Short answer: there is no player trade in this game. If you want to "trade" your items, use the Marketplace.

Posted

oh gawd

not again

it just never ends

Yeah... it never ends because
*SHOCKER*
Not everyone has been playing this game since release

There are still new players

With Questions
About stuff that is pretty standard in every MMO and doesn't exist in the game

/2cents

Um.. trading is not available? You can only trade potions and food.

Is there a reason why that is? Like something part of the Lore? Trading is a pretty basic MMO element, so I don't understand why it doesn't exist in this game

Posted

Is there a reason why that is? Like something part of the Lore? Trading is a pretty basic MMO element, so I don't understand why it doesn't exist in this game

There is no player trading in BDO. This is to prevent gold sellers.

Posted (edited)

The "Trade" feature is only for food and elixirs, and these items cannot be sold on the Marketplace if they are acquired through Trading.

Short answer: there is no player trade in this game. If you want to "trade" your items, use the Marketplace.

So how do I prevent some random person from buying the item I want to trade?
I mean, I'm 2 feet away from my fiance's chair and can put up the item on the Market for 1 silver
and have him buy it for 1 silver
But what's to prevent someone from just happening to be on the Marketplace at the right time and snatching up an item that's worth 5 million silver... except they get it for 1 silver and I'm out 5 million silver
(Cause this has actually happened to me before. I mean, it's rare. But it happens)

Is everyone just SOL when it comes to trading?
Also, thank you for answering my question

Edited by Pixii

Posted

Yeah... it never ends because*SHOCKER*
Not everyone has been playing this game since release

There are still new players

With Questions
About stuff that is pretty standard in every MMO and doesn't exist in the game

/2cents

hello Miss Attitude

just the tiniest bit of research on the game or a casual look-see at the forums (including todays front page) would have answered this question for you

any additional digging would have shown that this same issue has been ongoing and even though it isn't going to change there is still a whole lot of pissing and moaning about it

1 person likes this

Posted

nothing prevent them, as nothing will prevent you to buy something you need that wasn't "meant" for you.

Posted (edited)

hello Miss Attitude

just the tiniest bit of research on the game or a casual look-see at the forums (including todays front page) would have answered this question for you

any additional digging would have shown that this same issue has been ongoing and even though it isn't going to change there is still a whole lot of pissing and moaning about it

Yes, you're right. I have an attitude

Because it's completely unnecessary to respond that way
So I will respond in kind

When someone asks me a question in RL at my job, I dont roll my eyes and say "you should know that. Why didn't you just find out yourself"
I actually help them and then I tell them where they can find that information
And I apply that same reasoning online, where 80% of the population is naturally trying to out-asshole each other
But that's just me.

I'm actually a nice person
But I am a -----
To people who's personalities I don't click with

Edited by Pixii
6 people like this

Posted

and as I said just the tiniest bit of snooping would have given you WAY too much information related to this

Posted (edited)

Tell your boyfriend to get off his lazy a@@ and mine the rough stones himself.

Edited by zeroisk
3 people like this

Posted

and as I said just the tiniest bit of snooping would have given you WAY too much information related to this

I'm sorry I took my anger out on you, but allow me to explain why your reasoning infuriates me

I've been playing this game for 2 weeks. And every day in /Channel there is one person who asks a question (and this has even happened to me)
AND THE ENTIRE CHANNEL calls that person a troll, or a carebear, or says "how can you not know that?", or any number of responses

There are new players on videos games every day.
This has literally been an every day thing, so this is why your response upset me so much.

There are new players on League and even WoW. There is a person walking into Starbucks RIGHT NOW who has never ordered a Latte before.
There are people who are experiencing things for the first time in their life, literally right now.
And it it not ok to act like everyone should know what you know this very moment in your life.
I don't presume that you have my knowledge and talents, do not presume that I have yours.

If you're still reading, hopefully you'll understand that I have done research on this game. I have a folder on my Browser with Bookmarks to the BDO Database and Recipes, I've even started a Spreadsheet for Farming. BUT SOMETIMES, it's just EASIER TO ASK THE COMMUNITY A QUESTION.

The one time I decided to ask the community instead of spending 15 minutes trying to find the answer
I literally wrote this post, threw in a load of laundry and came back to the answer I needed
Thus freeing me from being at the computer
And I'm sorry, but the answer to ever question isn't "you should have googled it"
That mentality is so wrong
And people need to STOP treating each other like that
And that is ALL I've seen from this Community

5 people like this

Posted

I'm sorry I took my anger out on you, but allow me to explain why your reasoning infuriates me
I've been playing this game for 2 weeks. And every day in /Channel there is one person who asks a question (and this has even happened to me)AND THE ENTIRE CHANNEL calls that person a troll, or a carebear, or says "how can you not know that?", or any number of responses

There are new players on videos games every day.This has literally been an every day thing, so this is why your response upset me so much.

There are new players on League and even WoW. There is a person walking into Starbucks RIGHT NOW who has never ordered a Latte before.
There are people who are experiencing things for the first time in their life, literally right now.
And it it not ok to act like everyone should know what you know this very moment in your life.
I don't presume that you have my knowledge and talents, do not presume that I have yours.

If you're still reading, hopefully you'll understand that I have done research on this game. I have a folder on my Browser with Bookmarks to the BDO Database and Recipes, I've even started a Spreadsheet for Farming. BUT SOMETIMES, it's just EASIER TO ASK THE COMMUNITY A QUESTION.

The one time I decided to ask the community instead of spending 15 minutes trying to find the answer
I literally wrote this post, threw in a load of laundry and came back to the answer I needed
And I'm sorry, but the answer to ever question isn't "you should have googled it"

Take this in the spirit that your post was written as I actually like it.

Welcome to life where people are not only douches, but stupid douches on top of it.

Sorry, it's my cynicism, but I have found most people in life are sadly very selfish and very stupid.

Look at our current election and the elections of the last few presidents.  It's getting worse and worse with people digging in on their sides more and more with no inclination of compromise or empathy to the "other side".

Don't even get me started on the aimless anger issues in our society LOL

I do think that a few of the responses you got were just people who are frustrated with the state of the forums.  I got a temp ban for calling the ceo a stupid asshole when they released that huge, broken patch on June 17th (which was a Friday for an extremely small and understaffed company BTW), right before the idiot got fired too, while you have tons of troll and bait threads that just are allowed to.. well keep trolling and baiting lol

Any good thread with some information usually gets buried by the trolls and bait threads while these great CM's and GM's are more worried about how you talk about their idiot boss who is about to get fired because of how bad they are at their jobs LOL

Posted

Hello, 

I mean, I'm 2 feet away from my fiance's chair and can put up the item on the Market for 1 silver
But what's to prevent someone from just happening to be on the Marketplace at the right time and snatching up an item that's worth 5 million silver... except they get it for 1 silver and I'm out 5 million silver
(Cause this has actually happened to me before. I mean, it's rare. But it happens)

At the moment prices are determined by the devs, all items have a defined min / max value.

Take milk, ~2000Min 2400Max.

So you cannot sell at 1 silver which is a good thing as that would break the trading system, no point trading if you can't get rich.

And prevents the scenario you just described, players are forced to sell at current rate which scales according to supply / demand.

Playing with friends and allowing them to help would be really good but from what I can see the scamming possibilities would also increase, and complaints / more bad than good.

As to the unhelpful posts / people you see, I wouldn't waste time with it / them. These people don't understand that their answers only serve to show their stupidity :)

But it's a reason why a lot of genuinely good people stay quiet.

2 people like this

Posted

@Pixii

unfortunately as with every game, there are a lot of ...derogatory respoonses in our forums, this is something as a community we have to work on. It's getting better, though slowly, but hey any step in the right direction is a good step. And I think we encourage what atmosphere we prefer, by the way in which we help to shape it. So apologies if some responses have not been as courteous as others.

Player trading was originally removed because at the time the game was fresh in NA/EU and there was an abundance of guest passes.  As with any new game, the gold selling websites mounted a "Startup" on BDO. To combat those startups, the p2p trade was disabled, much to the uproar of the community and many --MANY-- topics, arguments, flame wars, and name calling.

Personally I prefer BDO's auction house system and believe it promotes a more balanced economy, However, I also believe in being able to trade to my friends and guild family things that I don't want or need so they may use them. The anti-gold seller debate, everyone understands that particular issue, and I think we all agree that something has to remain in place to keep them at bay.

But I am fairly confident that if we can talk about the subject constructively, possibly coming up with alternative methods of preventing abuse by gold-sellers, and different methods of trading (and a few good ones I have seen suggested in another post).......we may one day see the feature re-enabled.

To others reading, even though a topic or subject "exploded" months ago, does not mean we cannot have the debate again. If the staff does not wish for the feedback on the matter then they will lock the post.  If we discuss the subject and its issues, and not the people discussing it, then we may very well provide enough feedback that could influence the outcome in the future.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Long story short, you can't trade anything from one player to another directly, except for food and certain potions. Yes, I know it sucks, but it's been like that since the game opened several months ago. The reasons given for this are mainly to do with stamping out golds sellers. A significant part of the crafter and trade oriented players have either left or decided to do without, and it's up to you as to whether or not its a deal breaker.

If you want to trade a non-tradeable item to a friend or guildie, your only option is to put it up on the market and hope your friend snipes it.

And by the way, if you feel that the community is noticeably more aggressive and hostile than in other mmorpgs, its not just you, this has indeed been one of the worst mmorpg communities I've been in, and once again, its up to you as to whether that's a dealbreaker.

Edited by GenericUser

Posted

Sizer pls

1 person likes this

Posted

There is one thing to try but it is frustrating and unreliable. He can put a preorder before you post and you can post at the minimum allowed price. Unfortunately you can't just give things to friends.

I wish we could, but at least i do understand the reason why it is blocked.

Posted

Enjoy the stupid trading mechanics the stupid BDO community is happy with, as in the whole you wanna help someone by giving them items? let the song of the community. As in let the community get their share of your gift to your special someone. 

Stupidest mindset of BDO "I wanna give this to my friend, so lemme put it up in the market and watch as my friend fight over other people WHILE USING HIS OWN MONEY THAT I DONT WANT SINCE IT WAS MEANT TO BE A GIFT so the friend can get the gift". 

Dumbest logic ever, as stated by yours truly months and months ago.

Player 1: Dude im thristy, can get some water?
Player 2: Sure, lemme just post the water in craigslist so you can buy it
Player 1: wheres it at?
Player 2: oh, sorry someone bought the water in the fridge right there, that someones from Canada
Player 1: WHY CANT I JUST GET THE WATER BOTTLE IN THE DAMN FRIDGE!
Player 2: because the rules stupid, and the people have spoken and they are stupid

This garbage mentality better not leave BDO. 
Out of all the features BDO has, the no-trading policy, the stupid "trading" via market place is the dumbest mechanic ive ever seen in my entire 15 years of MMO experience.

Anyway, to answer your question as to how and why trading, its because Pearl Abyss doesnt like gold sellers, since they just wanna be the primary takers of silver (regardless of how much harmful it is to the player base).

4 people like this

Posted

and it is stupid because you don't agree with it

your opinion is held in high regard but this is a bit over the top

I've been playing this game for 2 weeks. And every day in /Channel there is one person who asks a question (and this has even happened to me)AND THE ENTIRE CHANNEL calls that person a troll, or a carebear, or says "how can you not know that?", or any number of responses

There are new players on videos games every day.This has literally been an every day thing, so this is why your response upset me so much.

and I came off as a bit of twit because this subject has been gone over repeatedly with new OPs on a daily basis

at the time of your posting there were 2 other active discussions on this same subject still on the front page of this very forum

I would never suggest google myself as there is a lot of old information out there that would take a bit of weeding and who has time for that when there is a game to play

i actually find asking for help "in game" a bit "safer" than these forums - you will get a few snarky responses in game but you will also get whispers from very helpful people

Posted

Players have come up with countless ways that could circumvent goldsellers. As one player said, it's like you have a broken finger but instead of the doctor fixing it, he just cuts off your entire hand.

Personally I would love player trading to come back to bdo.

Posted

this was a hilarious gem to find

Posted

I just need to say, I f u c king love this thread. 

"Trading Coupon" coming soon........ 4000 pearls.

Posted (edited)

EVERY online game has some shitty people in it; sometimes a lot of them.  That's just how it is.

P.S.  Oh, and this is a thread necro.  oops

Edited by Mythmaster