• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Classes - Gender Locked ?

Gender Locking of New Classes !   171 votes

1. 1. Do you want the new classes to have both genders available?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Bothered

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Posted

My biggest problem with this game is the gender locking of characters. Frankly it's just lazy game design and overall detracts from the player experience.

Prior to launch I wanted to play Wizard, Ranger and Tamer. Unfortunately I won't / don't play female characters so was basically screwed on 2 of my choices. I have brought 2 costumes for my Wizard and I most certainly would have brought costumes for Ranger and Tamer IF I'd been able to play them.

With the new classes we are supposedly getting soon 'Dark Elf' and 'Dwarf' (both of which I'd like to play) are you worried that they will be gender locked? IF they do gender lock the new classes they are going to alienate at least one portion of the BDO community.

Would you like to see the new classes be open gender?

(Hell, even if they don't do it for the players you would think somebody at Kakao/PA would realise they are losing money in pearl shop sales)

1 person likes this

Posted

Would hate to see a female zerker lol

5 people like this

Posted

they tie a particular "play style" to a gender so they will most likely they change their gender lock tho.

I sure do have prefered to choose the "play style" then the gender for all class ( so like as exemple have a musa playstyle as female.. etc ) but that's how they choosed to design their class, not much we can do about that;

Posted

ib4 the dweebs say "ITS FOR THE LORE!"

Posted

I don't really care as long as I get my:

BlackDesertPearlAbyss-9.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

I'd make a snu snu Amazonian zerker in a heartbeat id name her FelciaFunbags

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

its gonna be gender locked, hasn't this already been stated.. If you do a quick search on the forums next time OP you'll find like a million topics on this.

Edited by Zodiac

Posted

I don't really care as long as I get my:

BlackDesertPearlAbyss-9.jpg

Now for me... opposite. If there is no male version then I'm going to miss out on another class !   :(

Posted

its gonna be gender locked, hasn't this already been stated.. If you do a quick search on the forums next time OP you'll find like a million topics on this.

Well they also said that Wizard was going to be age locked and now we're getting a young wizard (woot) My point being BDO is a business just like any other, keep the clients (in our case players) happy and the money keeps coming in.

Yes of course for myself I want the new classes open gender so I can play them. But I also want to see BDO thrive and continue to expand. I haven't enjoyed a game this much since vanilla WoW and I'd love to think BDO will still be around in 10 years.

Well hopefully with enough feedback from the players Kakao / PA will make it happen.

:)

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont bother.

Its not lazy design its detailed design. Old games like WoW, male/female simillar character model, same animations different textures.

BDO different character models, different animations, different textures, basically like new class 

5 people like this

Posted

In all honesty, I have always been for full customization. I wouldn't mind seeing genders for every class, but I frankly am not bothered if they don't.

Cool if they do, oh well if not.

1 person likes this

Posted

Def want to see a Male Dark Elf. Female Dwarf might be funny, but I'd only play a male Dwarf.

1 person likes this

Posted

I accidentally clicked no, but I would rather gender locks end altogether tbh. I'd like to try a male sorc or ranger especially. Not like that's going to happen but it's something I'd like to see. I'd prefer to make a male dark elf as well, even if it's a slightly different class. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I accidentally clicked no, but I would rather gender locks end altogether tbh. I'd like to try a male sorc or ranger especially. Not like that's going to happen but it's something I'd like to see. I'd prefer to make a male dark elf as well, even if it's a slightly different class. 

Never say never.

Hell I thought my Wizard was forever going to look like an old hobo. After today he's going to be young and hunky....lol

Posted

Never say never.

Hell I thought my Wizard was forever going to look like an old hobo. After today he's going to be young and hunky....lol

But ...but but...i just finished drying some sandeel and mixing some wolfs blood for grandpa's geritol elixir....xD

Posted

yes!

gimme a sexy great sword warrior

Posted

Would hate to see a female zerker lol

Female berserkers, eh?

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Def want to see a Male Dark Elf. Female Dwarf might be funny, but I'd only play a male Dwarf.

latest?cb=20120216151804

Posted

I think a game should have as many options as possible.

There should be a male and female option for every class, even if you have a little boy tamer and giant female beserker.

It's sort of lazy and half arsed restricting a classes gender.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm just going to say that you should be prepared for it to be gender locked.

Posted

I think a game should have as many options as possible.

There should be a male and female option for every class, even if you have a little boy tamer and giant female beserker.

It's sort of lazy and half arsed restricting a classes gender.

its not lazy. its very time consuming and requires alot of resourses to do annimation, emotes, combat for both genders in a game like this. there is a reason that classes in BDO is genderlocked. BDO is so massive with so many diffrent features and NPC's that they dont have resourses to create a male/female of every class. Pearl Abyss have stated that its almost the same amount of work to make new gender of a class and to make a completly new class from scratch. So many on these forums dont understand this. Its not just to press a button to make a male/female version of a class. You cant compare to older MMOs with low polygon numbers and bad graphics. This is the biggest problem MMO's face today. They have become so expencive to make because of the amount of work required to make them that not many developers are willing to make them anymore.

2 people like this

Posted

its not lazy. its very time consuming and requires alot of resourses to do annimation, emotes, combat for both genders in a game like this. there is a reason that classes in BDO is genderlocked. BDO is so massive with so many diffrent features and NPC's that they dont have resourses to create a male/female of every class. Pearl Abyss have stated that its almost the same amount of work to make new gender of a class and to make a completly new class from scratch. So many on these forums dont understand this. Its not just to press a button to make a male/female version of a class. You cant compare to older MMOs with low polygon numbers and bad graphics. This is the biggest problem MMO's face today. They have become so expencive to make because of the amount of work required to make them that not many developers are willing to make them anymore.

With CS price, I would say "yes"

Posted

its very time consuming and requires alot of resourses to do annimation, emotes, combat for both genders in a game like this.

You know, they're already reusing classe's animations for mobs. So, while at it, they could also give the same animation to the other gender.

I don't see why having male ranger/sorcerer with actual animations would be a problem.

So yes, it's lazy.

1 person likes this

Posted

latest?cb=20120216151804

I would vote no if there was a risk of getting this "female dwarf".

Make a real female dwarf and not some lolli kid played mainly by scammers, greifers and wankers like it was in L2 and I might consider giving it my approval.