• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Halloween Events

391 posts in this topic

Posted

For those not getting candy drops, it is a good question to ask: "What *are* you getting"?......relic shards? Trade items? Extra other loot?

Getting the normal rates for those.  and event loot is supposed to be on it's own table.

Posted

I have 20 candy in storage, they drop very well for me no matter where I go.

Posted (edited)

I would like for those , if I may ask, whom are reporting their success and those reporting their non success to include what channel and server they are playing on.

Perhaps there is a link there? Worth looking at in any case.

For my own report of "semi-somewhat luck"....I'd call "standard"....Orwen , Bal 1.

Edited by Andaro

Posted (edited)

God forbid you must grind in korean mmorpg. Blasphemy. /s

This is much better than stupid afk fishing 24/7 in heidel. Also this is completely free and voluntary, you're not forced to participate. It's free, do it or not.

The candy drops are rng.

If you're not getting drops, try changing area.

If you aren't killing fast enough, go on easier mobs.

I really dont care if its Korean or Japanese or American MMORPG is MMORPG regardless there is no rule stating that you have to grind mobs in Korean only games seriously.

I do a lot of lifeskills my only complaint is when they do events like this make it available for all activities in the game there are a ton of things I do in this game all day off and on without afk by the way where I think I should get a bit more or some xp for and for events get included and not left out.

Some people dont like to grind mobs I am one of those I have gotten one candy so far this entire event. If I wanted to grind mobs only I would just go play Diablo I wouldnt need to be on this game.

Edited by Tabri

Posted

I really dont care if its Korean or Japanese or American MMORPG is MMORPG regardless there is no rule stating that you have to grind mobs in Korean only games seriously.

I do a lot of lifeskills my only complaint is when they do events like this make it available for all activities in the game there are a ton of things I do in this game all day off and on without afk by the way where I think I should get a bit more or some xp for and for events get included and not left out.

Some people dont like to grind mobs I am one of those I have gotten one candy so far this entire event. If I wanted to grind mobs only I would just go play Diablo I wouldnt need to be on this game.

maybe they could do a life skills event for Christmas, such as Cooking, where you bake cookies for Santa....that could even be the event title, Cookies for Santa....one of the ingredients you get once a day. 

Actually with BDOs variety of things to do, I see no reason why we couldn't tailor each holiday to a specific life skill....

Halloween - Combat Grind, Chistmas - cooking , Sakura -farming/gathering (it already is), Valentines - processing / alchemy, St.Patrick's - Gathering, Fathers/Mothers Day - Gathering / Cooking

Although because the events have already been developed and they are just turned on/off with a patch and command, we will probably get them as they are......the above alignment could be seen as more fair to all players and the variety of playstyles.

Though lets not forget an event for PvPers....my guild would vote for Nov 5th as a PvP based event....I think it would be fitting.

Posted

Good question.  I havent gotten any.  Not from those, nor from Skeletons, Manes, Trolls or anything else, including grass beetles  :/

I've got mine from Helms and Saunils, got 6 so far just today, but didn't grind anywhere else

Posted (edited)

I got plenty of Relic shards,  even some straight up Goblin Scrolls ... but only 1 candy now after killing 1200 dudes.

It was bad the first day (600) , and worse the second day (900),  but this is just getting ridiculous.

Rhutums aint droppin 'em, Abandoned Shrine ain't dropping 'em, Herd wasn't droppin, Skeles wasn't droppin ... it's bullcrap

Channel/Server is irrelevant, don't be stupid

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

4th night tonight....have 7 candy to start...turned in 3 soon as I logged in....yay! 3 more mem frags.

went and did the 3/3/3 Cat/Rhut/Man quests......scored 6 more candy in total, 2 at each locale......in about an hour. :P 

no relics, but good god at the gear drops. doing my pure crystal reserves wonders

Edited by Andaro

Posted

This is event for you Kakao....one box whit shit drop...and that i spent 5 hours on sousans for 1 candy and where is 2 more for box...you are so patetic...go buy Guld wars 2 admins and go look there what is haloween event not this shit...

Posted (edited)

its def really streaky. i literally went 6 hours over course of two days to only get 1. then in one hour got 6. another hour got me 2(5 mins apart).

ive tried a bunch of locations, channels and characters. even catfish can give you a long dry spell if ur unlucky. gonna try to get a few more to today since i dont have time to grind during the week. 

i got one good crystal so far, and some cron stones. first time i wish we had blackstones instead.

gotten tons of the normal drops ofc, boss scrolls included. more blackstones than candy it seems

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

I've spent a few days grinding different types of mobs in different locations. Different character levels. Different luck levels. Pets active and not active. Nodes active and not active. Not a single ****king candy yet. I've basically given up now. All I can hope is that those in charge do NOT repeat this type of "event" in the future. It's bad myself and others have been completely screwed, but we're punished further as the cookies don't stack and take up valuable inventory space. Unfortunately the majority of us can't spend 8-12 hours in an internet cafe grinding. I'll keep an eye here to see if there's any official acknowledgement by a staffer. Thank you.

Posted

Did grind and only got 1 candy at the very beginning.  None of my other toons got a candy drop. 

Alljandro doesn't offer quest. 

Was able to get the scarecrow mask, and the cone. 

Haven't tried Olivia yet.

So far, 2 working quests, 2 non working quests, lousy drop rates on candy, and one unknown.   Kinda disappointed. 

Posted

Did grind and only got 1 candy at the very beginning.  None of my other toons got a candy drop. 

Alljandro doesn't offer quest. 

Was able to get the scarecrow mask, and the cone. 

Haven't tried Olivia yet.

So far, 2 working quests, 2 non working quests, lousy drop rates on candy, and one unknown.   Kinda disappointed. 

could you provide a screenshot of what you see when you speak to Alejandro?

He should have two quests, one to kill pumpkin ghosts and another one to turn in 5 undamaged pumpkins.

Have you gained the knowledge for him yet?

Posted

could you provide a screenshot of what you see when you speak to Alejandro?

He should have two quests, one to kill pumpkin ghosts and another one to turn in 5 undamaged pumpkins.

Have you gained the knowledge for him yet?

I do would be interested in this answer!

Posted

I've spent a few days grinding different types of mobs in different locations. Different character levels. Different luck levels. Pets active and not active. Nodes active and not active. Not a single ****king candy yet. I've basically given up now. All I can hope is that those in charge do NOT repeat this type of "event" in the future. It's bad myself and others have been completely screwed, but we're punished further as the cookies don't stack and take up valuable inventory space. Unfortunately the majority of us can't spend 8-12 hours in an internet cafe grinding. I'll keep an eye here to see if there's any official acknowledgement by a staffer. Thank you.

Go catfish or mansha

Just grind on mobs with high density  

Posted

I did about 600 cadry and got no candy, then tried bashims for a couple hours and got no candy. Switched to alt and did a couple hundred orcs after having no luck at the bloody monastery, but still no candy. Because of guild events, NW, conquest, etc., I can't spend all day just grinding out mobs, so I missed chances to open boxes. 

Today I use a GM blessing (the free one for the maintenance extension) AND a tree of Kamasilve (sp?) and got 4 candy within one hour at bashim. 

Posted

Aren't events supposed to fun and enjoyable?

This one has only made me feel demoralised and pissed off. F*ck Halloween. I never want to hear the word "candy" again. At least I am not gonna get any cavities this year. What have you got planned for Christmas? An event where Santa comes to my house and takes all my stuff?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

would it be possible to fix thoses candies drop rate, that's so annoying 2h30 and only one candie ...

that quest already is daily, so no need to be that f# annoying with the drop rate. already missed a day because in 4h i got jack sh#t.

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

I did about 600 cadry and got no candy, then tried bashims for a couple hours and got no candy. Switched to alt and did a couple hundred orcs after having no luck at the bloody monastery, but still no candy. Because of guild events, NW, conquest, etc., I can't spend all day just grinding out mobs, so I missed chances to open boxes. 

Today I use a GM blessing (the free one for the maintenance extension) AND a tree of Kamasilve (sp?) and got 4 candy within one hour at bashim. 

just out of curiosity, what is your gathering level, and what bonuses do you have from Titles?

Edited by Andaro

Posted

I would like for those , if I may ask, whom are reporting their success and those reporting their non success to include what channel and server they are playing on.

For my own report of "semi-somewhat luck"....I'd call "standard"....Orwen , Bal 1.

Edan, Calpheon E1 or E2 usually. I have found zero candies since the event started, with about 12 hours of grinding total, six of them in one sitting yesterday. Kinda miffed.

Posted

Need to know how many cookies you need and the shape you have to put them in to get award?

Posted

I'll chime in here too, as I'm almost certain something is broken for me.  I understand the drop rate isn't supposed to be great, but I'm not this unlucky.  Not a single candy drop across several chars.  Spent about 3 hours grinding on my 50 ninja, then switched to my Musa.  Ground from lvl 37 to 44, various mobs, monastery, trolls, chimera.  Tried both grey massacre-fests and at level large groups.  I have yet to see a single candy in 3 days averaging about 6 hours a day in gameplay most of it grinding with brief episodes of inventory maintenance.  I'm sure I've killed hundreds if not thousands of things as I usually try to do large pulls of 5-10 mobs.  A friend of mine (playing separately, not in a party with me) has played about 1/3 as much over the last few days, pulls much smaller groups, and has about 15 of em.  Most of my guild members reported similar rates.

I filed a ticket, but I'm not even sure where to find the status on it.

Server wise, I'm on UNO and usually Velia U1 or U2, also tried Serindia 2 I think it was just to see if there was any difference (and to find a less busy chimera area)

Drop rates of everything else seems to be pretty normal to me, I didn't see any drastic shifts in junk, gear, etc.

Posted

Need to know how many cookies you need and the shape you have to put them in to get award?

1 basket, 1 cookie, in that orde horizontally 

[basket][cookie]

Posted

How about just mailing me out four candy boxes to go with the cookies? Or make the cookies restore energy and have candy be the useless item?

But...honestly...what am.I supposed to do with the four cookies I have been unable to use so far? I'll have another one tonight, though I already stopped claiming them and am not sure how many I have in waiting.

This event highlights how lousy the rng system must be in BDO. How can one person get nothing while another in the same place gets enough to claim a loot box everyday in one grind and still have a hundred left over. I have to ask myself,does this explain months of no boss drops? Have a got a low-luck account? It sure bloody feels like it. If that's true....should I even bother continueing to play? RNG trumps everything in this game, and it seems pretty obvious now I actually do have bad rng.

Thank for crushing my enjoyment of your game with this "fun" event. It.is getting really hard to convince myself to log on...and that's really quite an achievement considering how much I was enjoying it at the start.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No screenshot event? Aww I was hoping i could show off my Succubus

2016-10-24_182725884.JPG

2016-10-24_182644228.JPG

Edited by Suya Suya