• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Halloween Events

391 posts in this topic

Posted

I eventually got the quest from Lara. Looks like it's level restricted to 20.

Posted

I eventually got the quest from Lara. Looks like it's level restricted to 20.

Hey this is good to know! and thank you for sharing.  Hopefully it will help anyone else having that issue

1 person likes this

Posted

I think to get Halloween candy they should have made random NPC's giving them away, kinda like real life trick or treating hahaha. We have to go around talking to all the random townspeople to get candy lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think to get Halloween candy they should have made random NPC's giving them away, kinda like real life trick or treating hahaha. We have to go around talking to all the random townspeople to get candy lol.

that would have been cute

Posted

that would have been cute

We grind enough in this game for other reasons, they shouldn't have grinding events. Be more creative Daum! lol 9_9

Posted

We've added our special Social Network "Pumpkin Carving Competition" event, feel free to participate guys. ;) 

4 people like this

Posted

maybe they could do a life skills event for Christmas, such as Cooking, where you bake cookies for Santa....that could even be the event title, Cookies for Santa....one of the ingredients you get once a day. 

Actually with BDOs variety of things to do, I see no reason why we couldn't tailor each holiday to a specific life skill....

Halloween - Combat Grind, Chistmas - cooking , Sakura -farming/gathering (it already is), Valentines - processing / alchemy, St.Patrick's - Gathering, Fathers/Mothers Day - Gathering / Cooking

Although because the events have already been developed and they are just turned on/off with a patch and command, we will probably get them as they are......the above alignment could be seen as more fair to all players and the variety of playstyles.

Though lets not forget an event for PvPers....my guild would vote for Nov 5th as a PvP based event....I think it would be fitting.

See you have the right idea an event for everyone pvp'ers, lifeskillers, you name it whatever types of playstyles are in the game, they should not leave anyone out of anything in my opinion :)

Posted

This is..like 5-6th day into candy event right?

I pretty much gave upon this bs. 

If a candy comes out, then yeah, lucky. If not, yeah shi**y event.

I do understand 'some' people are 'lucky' enough to gather a lot of candies.

But please think of the reason why people are still posting upon this thread with complaints. 

It does not happen to you does not mean that it should not happen to everyone.

Please mindful of posting up a reply saying I got this many unless your intention is to help out those who are frustrating. 

If you are that person who is trying to help, thank you so much. 

Posted (edited)

Did grind and only got 1 candy at the very beginning.  None of my other toons got a candy drop. 

Alljandro doesn't offer quest. 

Was able to get the scarecrow mask, and the cone. 

Haven't tried Olivia yet.

So far, 2 working quests, 2 non working quests, lousy drop rates on candy, and one unknown.   Kinda disappointed. 

Update:

Still only 1 candy so far.

I believe the reason I did not get quests from Alejandro is that I tried on a toon under 20; it would seem that you have to be 20 or more for him to offer the quests.

Did the Olivia quest and it was fine, and the toon was under 20 and was able to do it. 

The candy drop rate is AWFUL, and if this is suppose to be a FUN event, then the drop rate needs to be improved.  The other quests being offered are fine, but since there is a level limit, it needs to be NOTED. 

Edited by TEgirl
1 person likes this

Posted

Is memory frags the high percenter here? Two different days same 3 frags. Still nice to have but with such a large list you'd think something else would pop up.

Posted

We've added our special Social Network "Pumpkin Carving Competition" event, feel free to participate guys. ;) 

So you're going to ignore all the issues people have been having with the daily quest? Now that your servers are destroying themselves and I'm getting desync/resync literally every 50' I can't even be bothered to go and TRY to get my 1 candy every 3-4 hours. Just desync'd/resync'd 6 times between heidel and tarif.

This event, like your servers right now, is pure ass. Fix it, please.

2 people like this

Posted

So you're going to ignore all the issues people have been having with the daily quest? Now that your servers are destroying themselves and I'm getting desync/resync literally every 50' I can't even be bothered to go and TRY to get my 1 candy every 3-4 hours. Just desync'd/resync'd 6 times between heidel and tarif.

This event, like your servers right now, is pure ass. Fix it, please.

That's kind of how I felt too. "Man we may have a problem. Quick, distract them with something shiny!" Nearly a dozen pages in this thread now. Maybe people with problems should also post how much money they spend monthly in the pearl shop...

Posted

That's kind of how I felt too. "Man we may have a problem. Quick, distract them with something shiny!" Nearly a dozen pages in this thread now. Maybe people with problems should also post how much money they spend monthly in the pearl shop...

I have bought a value pack every month since they came out, and bought custumes and furniture and planned to keep buying value packs and other things. Next time I had planned to buy pets, a custune for my tamer plus weight+inventory expansion for her too. Today there is simply no reason for me buy any of those things. They can stick there pearls in the same place they put their candy.

#greatjobgettingmetoquit #unrequited love #farqhalloween

Posted

This is..like 5-6th day into candy event right?

I pretty much gave upon this bs. 

If a candy comes out, then yeah, lucky. If not, yeah shi**y event.

I do understand 'some' people are 'lucky' enough to gather a lot of candies.

But please think of the reason why people are still posting upon this thread with complaints. 

It does not happen to you does not mean that it should not happen to everyone.

Please mindful of posting up a reply saying I got this many unless your intention is to help out those who are frustrating. 

If you are that person who is trying to help, thank you so much. 

As an experienced patch tester, I can say, that although I do not believe the event itself is bugged, I do find it odd that some people have not gotten even a single candy drop. And it makes me want to ask every question possible about those players characters. I do believe there is a reason why, but to fathom that I find difficulty.

We know so far from feedback that the following seem to not have any negative or positive effects:

>node level, knowledge level, con investment, pet type, party vs solo, location, mob or mob type, character level or class

We do now know why people haven't been able to do the quest from Lara and Alejandro, due to their level not being high enough and some not having knowledge....

no, because that is just a notion of belief in self entitlement. Don't even argue with me that's its not.

Posted

As an experienced patch tester, I can say, that although I do not believe the event itself is bugged, I do find it odd that some people have not gotten even a single candy drop. And it makes me want to ask every question possible about those players characters. I do believe there is a reason why, but to fathom that I find difficulty.

We know so far from feedback that the following seem to not have any negative or positive effects:

>node level, knowledge level, con investment, pet type, party vs solo, location, mob or mob type, character level or class

We do now know why people haven't been able to do the quest from Lara and Alejandro, due to their level not being high enough and some not having knowledge....

I am starting to think it might be time based. I am in Australia playing mostly in the afternoon. I got drops on the weekend, but not many, but some, and I think that would have been around lunch time. No afternoon session produces candy. Could be something to this idea.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am starting to think it might be time based. I am in Australia playing mostly in the afternoon. I got drops on the weekend, but not many, but some, and I think that would have been around lunch time. No afternoon session produces candy. Could be something to this idea.

....question...Dr you create your first character around that time, retrospectively ....or account?

Posted (edited)

....question...Dr you create your first character around that time, retrospectively ....or account?

No..I started levelling the character I was using last week.

Tonight I will roll a Ranger and start again to see if it helps.

But yeah...now i get your question...I did create my account at this time of day when I first started...yes.

Edited by Drustein

Posted

Got 2 candy at Mansha in about 15 minutes. Seems a successful place for me personally. 

Posted

I'm up at between 15-20 hours of trying to get candies and still zero. I tried several additional channels on Edan last night to no avail. Doesn't seem to matter what enemies I kill, either. Only have one character as I started playing in the last month - L49 Valkyrie.

It's rather offputting that after all that time I still don't even have one candy. As someone who has a QA and game design background, this doesn't seem like it's just RNG being a -----. It genuinely feels like something is broken - I have done other grinding events in other MMOs over the years where RNG was a major factor in drops and I have seen nothing quite this awful and discouraging.

2 people like this

Posted

What this is now is just another example of the community voicing a.concern over a period of several days without ANY response from the GM's or CM's. If I had not seen this several times over already I would say it is disappointing. Now I know its just par for course.

Please tell us this is acknowledged and being looked into. I wouldn't believe you....but it would still mean a LOT.

Posted

We've added our special Social Network "Pumpkin Carving Competition" event, feel free to participate guys

No insult but do you even take a moment to look into postings on this thread?

Or are you just seeing your game's players like a dirt?

How come none of the admin ever reponses to anybody? 

Such request is a fools dream I assume?

Posted (edited)

No insult but do you even take a moment to look into postings on this thread?

Or are you just seeing your game's players like a dirt?

How come none of the admin ever reponses to anybody? 

Such request is a fools dream I assume?

At least I can take part in this part of the event. I am not going to...because the only thing I want to do with Halloween right now is punch it in the face, but RNGrsus can't stop me carving a pumpkin.

Edited by Drustein

Posted

question:

Can you stack the reward boxes?

Posted

I collected 5 Undamaged Pumpkins and got my Jack-O-Lantern Mask, still I don't understand the tooltip on the Undamaged Pumpkin. What's a "Halloween Pumpkin Box" and how is it possible to collect 30 Undamaged pumpkins if the event ends on November 9th. Some clarification please? @CM_Aethon

2016-10-25_1119390669.JPG

Posted (edited)

I collected 5 Undamaged Pumpkins and got my Jack-O-Lantern Mask, still I don't understand the tooltip on the Undamaged Pumpkin. What's a "Halloween Pumpkin Box" and how is it possible to collect 30 Undamaged pumpkins if the event ends on November 9th. Some clarification please? @CM_Aethon

2016-10-25_1119390669.JPG

As a guess, it is possible that when the event was first created, they made it so you had to collect 30 of them to exchange for this http://bddatabase.net/us/item/20510/  OR http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16011/ and instead changed the event to make it more easier.  The tooltip was just forgotten to be changed. Probably due to pushed release.

Also, and Im surprised no one has started a thread or commented on this, but

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/6727/ you can grow Candy.

Apparently the original design was to grow / gather / grind  tier 1 Candy to make 1 Event Tier 2 Candy. ....collect enough tier 2 candy and you could exchange for an event box at an npc.

From what I can gather, the Halloween event we have now, is less convoluted than what was originally in place or designed.

Edited by Andaro