• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Halloween Events

391 posts in this topic

Posted

How about the event's title ? 
Does anyone know how to get the "Halloween" achievement title to display upon your character ?

Posted

Niceeeeeee

Posted

How about the event's title ? 
Does anyone know how to get the "Halloween" achievement title to display upon your character ?

Don't believe it is released. There is very little knowledge on the wikis as to how to obtain it, and its not currently part of any hand out, sooooo....good question

Posted

Could not finish the Lara daily yesterday, because only 2 candys dropped out of mobs (bad RNG).
Today I got a second cookie and the items don't stack, they are eating up 2 inventory spaces.

Is there a failsafe? For example exchanging 2 cookies and 6 candys, when RNG is better on the next day?

Or is the limitation fixed, that only 1 cookie and 3 candys can be exchanged through the daily on each day?
That would be really bad..

Because when players can't finish the Lara daily because of bad RNG, the second cookie would be complete useless.
You could basically throw it away, because it only eats up inventory space..

A GM clarification would be nice.

Posted

5. OWOOOO!

OwO Whats this?

Posted

Actually it does matter. It matters a lot. You need to fill out your knowledge wheel. You can do the halloween quest because you dont have knowledge of Lara NPC.....you need to talk to Bobby Lauren first, and get his knowledge (he may require you to get knowledge from someone else first.

I think there must be some other requirement too.

I've only been playing for a week, so I'd never even been to Heidel before. On getting there though, I just needed to talk to Bobby Lauren to unlock Lara (didn't even need to accept his quest) but she doesn't offer the Candies for Children quest.

Posted

I think there must be some other requirement too.

I've only been playing for a week, so I'd never even been to Heidel before. On getting there though, I just needed to talk to Bobby Lauren to unlock Lara (didn't even need to accept his quest) but she doesn't offer the Candies for Children quest.

screenshot of what you see when you talk to her please

Could not finish the Lara daily yesterday, because only 2 candys dropped out of mobs (bad RNG).
Today I got a second cookie and the items don't stack, they are eating up 2 inventory spaces.

Is there a failsafe? For example exchanging 2 cookies and 6 candys, when RNG is better on the next day?

Or is the limitation fixed, that only 1 cookie and 3 candys can be exchanged through the daily on each day?
That would be really bad..

Because when players can't finish the Lara daily because of bad RNG, the second cookie would be complete useless.
You could basically throw it away, because it only eats up inventory space..

A GM clarification would be nice.

Nope. you lost a day's box. Grind those candies!

Posted

Ouuh I've killed mobs for 3 hours and i've dropped only a candy :( whattt?? how can i drop more?

Posted

WOW...6 hours to grind 3 candies and I get a memory frag in the gift box

d90f5e946b12103acd87b1f05258d2e8.thumb.j

1 person likes this

Posted

Please increase the drop rate of the candies. 

If anybody wants to participate in the event, there should be a fair enough chance for everyone to get a gift box every day. What you get in the box is the fun part so I won't mind the rate of the box itself. 

3-4 hours of grinding and 1-2 candies is too ridiculous. As someone already have mentioned, you are locked with one box per day due to one cookie per day through challenge. Also, Lara gives out only candy basket anyway. 

I would really appreciate Kakao to consider the fact that this is an event and also you guys already have set the chance of getting boss item from gift boxes to be so low. i do not see the reason why not giving everyone a fair enough chance to get a gift box. 

Please increase the drop rate!

ps. I do honor those who spent long enough of their time to participate in the event. However, this is an event. Shorter time to grind for candies applies to everyone. You can spend more time on other significant matters you have in your hand if drop rate increases. 1-2 hours of grinding can assure that I can get at least three candies? That I can spare and I will do it gladly. 

1 person likes this

Posted

screenshot of what you see when you talk to her please

2016-10-21_992704.thumb.JPG.4200368577f0

The two quests on the Amity dial are Lara's New Challenge (Knowledge: The Flute Boy) and What's Up with the Closed Stable?.

Posted

I Wish i could use the halloween costume pieces without loss of my 10% exp costume, PLZZZZ add a costume skin item to pearl shop so i can skin my exp costume and not look like everyone else :(, what is point of halloween quest rewards if you can only use them when you are not leveling. Add a item to skin costumes and to remove skins plz.

Posted

So actually if you dont manage to get 3 candys per day u can simply trash your cookie? or is there any other way to get the basket?

Posted

I m the only one today with this bug? Lara don't wana take my candy ... i have 11 candy she say 3 only is enoug, i eat 8 always same ... 8 candy lost for nothing.

Kakao ... in Kr i don't think there are so many problem for a event ....

(i have do the Q yesterday no problem, give 3 frag "what did you expect") ....

Posted (edited)

Yeah drop rate of candies is total bollocks.  Had to kill 900 mobs to get 3 and I'm sure it's only going to get worse on less lucky days

(exact amount known b/c I still had Many of Mickle quests queued up counting them for me)

pretty sure this is a you problem, yep nobody but you is at fault for owning a subpar computer and still deciding to spend time playing BDO.

trust me on this one.

It's not a sub Par PC if it runs 60FPS everywhere else but Heidel.  This is LITERALLY THE LIMITATIONS OF AN SSD harddrive and RAM bussing.  And I guarantee I know more about Optimization than you do.  The game's own engine just wasn't designed to have this many people crowded into a single STREET.

Hitching is not solely the domain of your CPU and it definitely has nothing to do with Graphic Cards.  It's a flaw in the game Resource optimization & loading / Scaling   (and also of course, it still being 32 bit device/OS & DirectX_9.0 compatible instead of 100% 64bit)

Edited by iller

Posted

I m the only one today with this bug? Lara don't wana take my candy ... i have 11 candy she say 3 only is enoug, i eat 8 always same ... 8 candy lost for nothing.

Kakao ... in Kr i don't think there are so many problem for a event ....

(i have do the Q yesterday no problem, give 3 frag "what did you expect") ....

no reason to eat those 8 candy, save them, it just means you already have your 3 for the next basket.

So actually if you dont manage to get 3 candys per day u can simply trash your cookie? or is there any other way to get the basket?

no, you have to get the basket from Lara

2016-10-21_992704.thumb.JPG.4200368577f0

The two quests on the Amity dial are Lara's New Challenge (Knowledge: The Flute Boy) and What's Up with the Closed Stable?.

you have stumped me, good job. Have you tried doing a recheck on your client? Something else is wrong here as everyone else who gained Lara's knowledge got their quest. Did you try relog? Or perhaps maybe try doing her amity quests?

Also have the other Halloween quests showed up for you?

Please increase the drop rate of the candies. 

If anybody wants to participate in the event, there should be a fair enough chance for everyone to get a gift box every day. What you get in the box is the fun part so I won't mind the rate of the box itself. 

3-4 hours of grinding and 1-2 candies is too ridiculous. As someone already have mentioned, you are locked with one box per day due to one cookie per day through challenge. Also, Lara gives out only candy basket anyway. 

I would really appreciate Kakao to consider the fact that this is an event and also you guys already have set the chance of getting boss item from gift boxes to be so low. i do not see the reason why not giving everyone a fair enough chance to get a gift box. 

Please increase the drop rate!

ps. I do honor those who spent long enough of their time to participate in the event. However, this is an event. Shorter time to grind for candies applies to everyone. You can spend more time on other significant matters you have in your hand if drop rate increases. 1-2 hours of grinding can assure that I can get at least three candies? That I can spare and I will do it gladly. 

i know that most MMOs come with a GM command to increase drop rate server wide, but its not limited to any particular item or event, just drop rate in general. But with BDOs RNG setup, it is unknown if that type of command is included in BDOs admin console.

All I can suggest for you is to try farming other areas. Find mobs that are in high groupings that die fairly easy....the faster you kill the higher chance of dropping something from the loot table 

Posted

you have stumped me, good job. Have you tried doing a recheck on your client? Something else is wrong here as everyone else who gained Lara's knowledge got their quest. Did you try relog? Or perhaps maybe try doing her amity quests?

I've logged in and out a few times in the last couple of days, but still no quest.

I have a quest to turn in to her later on, so will check again.

All I can think is that there is some kind of level restriction, as I've only been playing for a short time. I guess most players are usually higher level by the time they reach Heidel.

Posted (edited)

I've logged in and out a few times in the last couple of days, but still no quest.

I have a quest to turn in to her later on, so will check again.

All I can think is that there is some kind of level restriction, as I've only been playing for a short time. I guess most players are usually higher level by the time they reach Heidel.

i don't believe there is a level restriction, but there may be a quest or knowledge restriction......I know when I hit Heidel, first thing I did was gain knowledge on all the NPCs and complete all the non daily & life skill quests ....I may have been level 20 to 30 can't remember

Edited by Andaro

Posted

no reason to eat those 8 candy, save them, it just means you already have your 3 for the next basket.

no, you have to get the basket from Lara

i know that most MMOs come with a GM command to increase drop rate server wide, but its not limited to any particular item or event, just drop rate in general. But with BDOs RNG setup, it is unknown if that type of command is included in BDOs admin console.

All I can suggest for you is to try farming other areas. Find mobs that are in high groupings that die fairly easy....the faster you kill the higher chance of dropping something from the loot table 

If Catfish area is not crowded enough, please let me know elsewhere.

I can kill them without much of issue within good enough of time...That is where I got three candies easily on the first day probably within an hour or two. but yesterday was just not. 

Can this drop rate be fluctuating so much within a day? I do not think it is a matter of killing more mobs in shorter time. 

If expectation is 6 hours to get 3 candies...I do not know about this event...

Posted (edited)

@Andaro i have eat it because she don't wanna take them .... blocked, and she is always blocked on .... i have try relog, forfeit Q, nothing .... she just don't wanna take this fk 3 candy

Edited by Shinsengumy

Posted

I've been wondering this for a few days now but are the halloween cookies that you get for playing 2 hours a day different from the ones you need for the reward? I have 2 baskets and 2 cookies ( which I obtained by playing 2 hours a day ) but I am unable to 'combine' them. How does this work?

Posted

I've been wondering this for a few days now but are the halloween cookies that you get for playing 2 hours a day different from the ones you need for the reward? I have 2 baskets and 2 cookies ( which I obtained by playing 2 hours a day ) but I am unable to 'combine' them. How does this work?

uncheck the AutoSort in your inventory. Then put them in order [Basket][Cookie] you should see a little button appear on the basket. Click the button to combine for event box.

@Andaro i have eat it because she don't wanna take them .... blocked, and she is always blocked on .... i have try relog, forfeit Q, nothing .... she just don't wanna take this fk 3 candy

i am unsure as to what you mean by she won't accept them....can you provide a screenshot? Did she take the first 3 candies? Or do you see the option to turn in the candy but she won't take them?

1 person likes this

Posted

So now into day 3 of the event.  I have been grinding or working on guild missions for several hours each day.  And not one single candy has dropped for me.  the only two candies I have in my inventory are from other players drops who didn't collect them.  (1 purposefully.)  A the same time, at the same place, at the same node level, other players were able to collect as many as 10 within the same. 
Several other players are also reporting that they cannot get any drops or only ridiculously low drops.
Furthermore, many different players are unable to turn what candies they did get in.    thus we have a good portion of the population that has been in the game the last three days and unable to get even one of the daily boxes.
EVERY report and ticket on this issue is being ignored.  EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.  Can the GMs please just step up and admit these events are bugged, disable them and fix them so it is fair for everyone?

Posted

Too bad there wasn't costume to make players actually look like monsters, like zombies, or skeletons, or have an event at a couple of major cities where undead fill the streets at night & you could hunt them down for rewards

This is not Neverwinter

1 person likes this