• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Halloween Events

391 posts in this topic

Posted

So now into day 3 of the event.  I have been grinding or working on guild missions for several hours each day.  And not one single candy has dropped for me.  the only two candies I have in my inventory are from other players drops who didn't collect them.  (1 purposefully.)  A the same time, at the same place, at the same node level, other players were able to collect as many as 10 within the same. 
Several other players are also reporting that they cannot get any drops or only ridiculously low drops.
Furthermore, many different players are unable to turn what candies they did get in.    thus we have a good portion of the population that has been in the game the last three days and unable to get even one of the daily boxes.
EVERY report and ticket on this issue is being ignored.  EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.  Can the GMs please just step up and admit these events are bugged, disable them and fix them so it is fair for everyone?

the event is definitely not bugged. In each and every report from persons posting having issues, a solution has been found, except one,and I'm paying attention to the responses on that particular person.

A lot of players that just grinded levels without ever gaining knowledge or completing chain quests are finding themselves unable to receive or start the quest, and well....for lack of better wording....that's their fault. But, we are attempting to educate those "not having much luck".....read through some of the responses of those having better luck and change up your tactics.

For your specific case, and I will continue to address these individually ad they are presented, what are you grinding? What's your node level? Party or solo? Pets/NoPets? Energy Level? Invested CON? Con Level? These are some specific indie that may lead to an answer, even though its "total rng "

Posted (edited)

the event is definitely not bugged. In each and every report from persons posting having issues, a solution has been found, except one,and I'm paying attention to the responses on that particular person.

A lot of players that just grinded levels without ever gaining knowledge or completing chain quests are finding themselves unable to receive or start the quest, and well....for lack of better wording....that's their fault. But, we are attempting to educate those "not having much luck".....read through some of the responses of those having better luck and change up your tactics.

For your specific case, and I will continue to address these individually ad they are presented, what are you grinding? What's your node level? Party or solo? Pets/NoPets? Energy Level? Invested CON? Con Level? These are some specific indie that may lead to an answer, even though its "total rng "

Not the person you're replying to, but I've gotten 3 total candy in 5 1/2-6 hours of grinding. I've been to three places where I have a level 9 node, one with level 8, one 7, one 6, and two that aren't connected at all. One of the candies came from an area that's not connected, two from a level 9 node... after 3 hours or more there.

The event may not be bugged, but obviously for some people the "total RNG" is being "totally brutal". It's not fun for me or anyone I know, which is the opposite out of what events are supposed to be, I thought.

Edited by Scalesdini

Posted

Not the person you're replying to, but I've gotten 3 total candy in 5 1/2-6 hours of grinding. I've been to three places where I have a level 9 node, one with level 8, one 7, one 6, and two that aren't connected at all. One of the candies came from an area that's not connected, two from a level 9 node... after 3 hours or more there.

The event may not be bugged, but obviously for some people the "total RNG" is being "totally brutal". It's not fun for me or anyone I know, which is the opposite out of what events are supposed to be, I thought.

im just wondering if a players "involvement" in "the world" has any effect on "their blessings" from the "in-game-deity"....

I like to think Aura watches over the virtual world, but I'm a .hack fan so lol...call me weird

Posted

ok, ive been on all day, and now it will not give me my cookie, shows in the event tab but isnt able to collect, am i missing something here?

Posted

Just saying, anyone who aren't getting candies and saying it's hard, it's not. I currently have 9, i'm set for the next 3 days. It's quite easy to get them, you just have bad RNG.

Posted

i know that most MMOs come with a GM command to increase drop rate server wide, but its not limited to any particular item or event, just drop rate in general. But with BDOs RNG setup, it is unknown if that type of command is included in BDOs admin console.

It's an itemized toggle they can do for locations & items for Black Desert

Posted

actually read what I wrote instead of spouting ignorant bullshit.
I've grind a good total of nearly 8 hours today, at various nodes, with various node levels.  Used pets, tried not using pets.  No drops.  Even when at the same node as several other people.  Some of which got as many as ten candies within the same timeframe I and others who were testing were at that node. 

I've even tried going to pirates as several people have suggested.  I am not the only one for whom there have been ZERO candy drops.  So yes, in fact the quest is bugged.   but thanks for playing and being a complete know it all.

Just saying, anyone who aren't getting candies and saying it's hard, it's not. I currently have 9, i'm set for the next 3 days. It's quite easy to get them, you just have bad RNG.

jsut because it is easy for you does not mean that it is working for everyone.  and it isn't a matter of bad RNG.  I've spent hours and hours grinding different places today, and not gotten one.  The only way I've gotten any this event is twice when other people got them as a drop and didn't pick them up and it went to the "free loot" or whatever you want to call it.  I am not the only person, nor even the only person in my guild that has had zero drops. 

Posted

i don't believe there is a level restriction, but there may be a quest or knowledge restriction......I know when I hit Heidel, first thing I did was gain knowledge on all the NPCs and complete all the non daily & life skill quests ....I may have been level 20 to 30 can't remember

I forgot to mention earlier that I did get the OWOOOO! quest in Olvia for the Wolf Nose, and I've been getting the daily Cookies.

Still no luck with Lara though, at level 15.

I'll keep checking back, but to be honest I don't want to start chasing down content in Heidel when I've barely touched Velia. I'd rather skip Halloween altogether and enjoy the scenery :)

I'll post if the quest shows up though.

Posted

actually read what I wrote instead of spouting ignorant bullshit.I've grind a good total of nearly 8 hours today, at various nodes, with various node levels.  Used pets, tried not using pets.  No drops.  Even when at the same node as several other people.  Some of which got as many as ten candies within the same timeframe I and others who were testing were at that node. 

I've even tried going to pirates as several people have suggested.  I am not the only one for whom there have been ZERO candy drops.  So yes, in fact the quest is bugged.   but thanks for playing and being a complete know it all.

jsut because it is easy for you does not mean that it is working for everyone.  and it isn't a matter of bad RNG.  I've spent hours and hours grinding different places today, and not gotten one.  The only way I've gotten any this event is twice when other people got them as a drop and didn't pick them up and it went to the "free loot" or whatever you want to call it.  I am not the only person, nor even the only person in my guild that has had zero drops. 

I got another 2 between my comment and now. They aren't hard. The tables aren't different for everyone, everyone gets the same you just have bad luck simple as that.

Posted (edited)

I got another 2 between my comment and now. They aren't hard. The tables aren't different for everyone, everyone gets the same you just have bad luck simple as that.

Just bad luck huh?  well the GM that finally responded to me seems to think there may be an issue.  Seems I'm not the only one not able to get event drops. 

And for the record I've played since beta.  I recognize the difference between low drops and no drops.  I've never once been able to grind for 6 hours in a 24 hour period, gain 160 skill points, and not get an event drop let alone have that happen two days in a row.

Edited by Greeniewolf

Posted

Why 1 basket a day i have candies ...i have cookies..why cant i get more than 1 basket for the multi cookies i have?

Posted

well thanks to a nice person that put their pets away and let me have their drops at catfish I finally was able to get two candies from their drops to add to the two I had and finally get an event box.  but yeah.  this is gonna be a sucky event if that's the only way I can get the event candy. Not one dropped from my own kills that entire time.

Posted

Why 1 basket a day i have candies ...i have cookies..why cant i get more than 1 basket for the multi cookies i have?

On the subject of those that have missed getting baskets to go with their cookies, perhaps the Staff will be so kind at to dole out a few baskets towards the end of the event @GM_Dew if we're nice enough about it. I know their hands are full catching up with their support tools going down.

actually read what I wrote instead of spouting ignorant bullshit.I've grind a good total of nearly 8 hours today, at various nodes, with various node levels.  Used pets, tried not using pets.  No drops.  Even when at the same node as several other people.  Some of which got as many as ten candies within the same timeframe I and others who were testing were at that node. 

No need to get rude with people "attempting" to help. But no worries, you are forgiven. I know its frustrating.

You mentioned free loot, so I take it youve been grinding in party? Have you tried going out solo to somewhere thats "abandoned" or rather to say, "no one else is there"?

Posted

On the subject of those that have missed getting baskets to go with their cookies, perhaps the Staff will be so kind at to dole out a few baskets towards the end of the event @GM_Dew if we're nice enough about it. I know their hands are full catching up with their support tools going down.

No need to get rude with people "attempting" to help. But no worries, you are forgiven. I know its frustrating.

You mentioned free loot, so I take it youve been grinding in party? Have you tried going out solo to somewhere thats "abandoned" or rather to say, "no one else is there"?

by free loot I meant when the time limit where it is reserved for the person that earned it ends and anyone can pick it up. I wasn't referring to the party settings.   but I've tried party and solo.  It doesn't make a difference.  Seems the only way for me to get candies for the quests right now is to rely on other people's kindness and willingness to deliberately not pick up some of their event drops so that when the timer ends I have a chance to get it.

Posted

Where can I get candies? None in catfish, none in manshas, none in rogues. Do they have an extremly low chance?

Good question.  I havent gotten any.  Not from those, nor from Skeletons, Manes, Trolls or anything else, including grass beetles  :/

1 person likes this

Posted

There's definitely something wrong with the candy drop rate. Can we just stop chucking everything up to RNG, maybe consider the fact that there's a problem. Just because you're able to get candy doesn't mean everyone else can.

3 people like this

Posted

@WinterFox and @Thysan can you guys please comment on the related thread in the bug reports please? 

Posted

To continue adding tracking to the topic.......did maybe 1.5 to 2.5 hrs last night grind (did my quests, and a little more).....only got 4 candies, and they wanted to come slow it seemed....but Relic Shard drops were coming outta my ears. 6 to 8 in that same time (cant remember exact drop count, but it was around that number)

So what I'm thinking here is that the candies are on he same drop wheel as some other drops that are a bit grudging to fall.

Posted

To continue adding tracking to the topic.......did maybe 1.5 to 2.5 hrs last night grind (did my quests, and a little more).....only got 4 candies, and they wanted to come slow it seemed....but Relic Shard drops were coming outta my ears. 6 to 8 in that same time (cant remember exact drop count, but it was around that number)

So what I'm thinking here is that the candies are on he same drop wheel as some other drops that are a bit grudging to fall.

Then it really does not,explain the fact that some one gotten like 70ish candies,in last three days to some others just none.

Is it just me feeling that relic drop has increased for mob killing when this event started? Is it intentional, or it has been this way, or a bug with candy drop?

Anybody?

Posted

I am in 7H, 30 glorious golden hands, multiple locations and three nodes pumped up to 3 and NO CANDY. So frustrating. This is literally eating up my entire weekend.

Posted

I am in 7H, 30 glorious golden hands, multiple locations and three nodes pumped up to 3 and NO CANDY. So frustrating. This is literally eating up my entire weekend.

I got about 5 in sausages node level 1 lol, not even connected, spent around 3-4 hours there tho

Posted

I got about 5 in sausages node level 1 lol, not even connected, spent around 3-4 hours there tho

I hate you in the most platonically loving way. lol

Posted

RNG Love <3 Haha well tbh you can actually easily get Candies from leveling an alt

Posted

can you please leave a reply here with your experience?

Posted

For those not getting candy drops, it is a good question to ask: "What *are* you getting"?......relic shards? Trade items? Extra other loot?