• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

For Couples

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I can understand reasons why, there is no way to trade/give items to other players, but i was wondering there was something like "connect 2 accounts" or "connect family names" (i mean some kind of marriage in game) that would allow to share stuff between "connected" players.

I'm sure a lot of couples play here together, but there is no way to help each other.

Of course, that "marriage" would be possible only once, with one other player...

3 people like this

Posted

You can always help others by leveling together. :)

Marriage system would be ok ingame, BUT it must NOT have any boosts like "allowing trading with friend" or "gives the couple a stat bonus". Those would be just stupid, because then everyone gets married ingame just to get the bonus things

Posted

Imagine 2 warriors in couple ... Hah , Gayyyyy !

2 people like this

Posted

no no

Posted (edited)

Imagine 2 warriors in couple ... Hah , Gayyyyy !

Well technically, if marriage come in BDO there should be option for gay couples. Or the game will be marked as racist game.

Two warriors... not so odd, but think about
Two giants? Wizard and Tamer? Giant and tamer? Two wizards?

Edited by Pohjantikka

Posted

Just no. 

Posted

Well technically, if marriage come in BDO there should be option for gay couples. Or the game will be marked as racist game.

Two warriors... not so odd, but think about
Two giants? Wizard and Tamer? Giant and tamer? Two wizards?

race and sexuality are two totally different things I really hope you were joking 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

it was about marriage between whole families, not characters.

Edited by emcinek

Posted

Well this will end up to see two giants as a couple and other awkward couple choices

Posted

Only if no divorcing ever.

:^)

Posted

This is what original sugestion said,

but wouldn't the more awkward marriage be valk and warrior, them shields are bound to get in the way.

Posted

Berserker and Tamer .... Yeah ... if you marriage with tamer you need to go at jail or be alway flaged :D .

adding gay couples will make some religious belivers go crazy , not adding gay couples will make other people think that game is racist . So yeah , no couple system in the end .

Better add ----- system wenever you die killed by a mob or player , bestiality , insects , tantacles , who don't want this ? Mayne a  birth system :/? 

Posted (edited)

You mean like a special type of 'bounding' of items between two couples?

Maybe emulate the system that is conceptually used in Sword Art Online's lore?

If two players are married, they can bind a non-essential (or key/quest item) marketable item, into a 'Couples' bound type.

These can only be stored in a special storage by a warehouse NPC, a separate section.

There has to be rules to prevent this from being abused, maybe a very strict binding of items to the other player if one player 'divorces', forcing the other player to only destroy said item if they want to get rid of it. Bound items can't be rebinded, hence cannot trade. It's a very thorough strictness to uphold.

This means if you have item 1 to item 100, you can designate item 101 to be a 'couple' bounded item, and sharable between the two characters (not account). Even if you have the item in your inventory, divorcing cases the person who divorced, to surrender ALL couple bound items that relates to the item's relationship when bounded, to the other partner. Permanently.

Edited by Kaiserx

Posted

I'll explain in other words maybe what i ment.

The "marriage" idea was about to connect 2 accounts - not characters, just family names. Let's say that characters are something like "children", and "parents" are you and the other person that you want to marry

Yes, that was one of primary ideas here. To avoid exploiting this to trade items, that would be possible only once, with one person and forever. People will think twice, because it can't be undone.

You mean like a special type of 'bounding' of items between two couples?

Maybe emulate the system that is conceptually used in Sword Art Online's lore?

If two players are married, they can bind a non-essential (or key/quest item) marketable item, into a 'Couples' bound type.

These can only be stored in a special storage by a warehouse NPC, a separate section.

There has to be rules to prevent this from being abused, maybe a very strict binding of items to the other player if one player 'divorces', forcing the other player to only destroy said item if they want to get rid of it. Bound items can't be rebinded, hence cannot trade. It's a very thorough strictness to uphold.

This means if you have item 1 to item 100, you can designate item 101 to be a 'couple' bounded item, and sharable between the two characters (not account). Even if you have the item in your inventory, divorcing cases the person who divorced, to surrender ALL couple bound items that relates to the item's relationship when bounded, to the other partner. Permanently.

I mean, if we have 2 families "abc" and "xyz", After marriage it will became one "expanded" family named "abc-xyz" or "xyz-abc" (for both players), and that would allow to trade family-bound items between eachother and maybe access to characters of both accounts, but if you log on "abc" account, you'll see contribution points/knowledge/energy/workers/fences/etc from "abc" account, and if you log on "xyz" account it will be all from "xyz" account.

Other, more simple idea is to allow to log 2 chars from 1 account from different PCs at same time...

Posted

Yes, that was one of primary ideas here. To avoid exploiting this to trade items, that would be possible only once, with one person and forever. People will think twice, because it can't be undone.

I was just memeing what if you have a falling out with them

If anything, make it like 3m, and once you divorce you cannot marry someone else for at least a month.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

well my idea was a solution for couples in real life to play this game together, to let them share etc.

for example, you play with your girlfriend or boyfriend and you get item that would be usefull for her/him and you totally don't need it. Now you can't give it to her/him. Only chance is to may it by pre-order, but it may fail and anyway she/he needs to pay for this.

Edited by emcinek

Posted

Yeah but what is the 'cost' to marry in order to lower the 'incentives' for bots to marry and divorce on and off for an advantage?

Sharing items makes sense and is possible if you apply a high enough cost to it, such as a pearl item a player must buy in order to marry.

1000 Pearl = $10 equivalent basically, to marry a player if they consent.

Posted (edited)

I could see weddings in the game.

But in my opinion, if it were to be done, i think it should be something more grand....like for example...

Lets say two players wanted to get married, the players would register at a chapel in one of the larger towns, lets say Calpheon. At the NPC the players would set the date, and choose a dowery package (lets say "Grand Wedding Package") which would cost X amount of silver (lets say 350mil Silver). On that day, the system would send by mail, to each player a wedding costume (with time expiration), and change the sceneray of the chapel to be decorated for the wedding (scale of decorations dependant upon the package purchased). Extra Town NPCs would spawn, in the chapel as "the guests", a system wide server announcement would automatically display announcing the wedding....players could attend if they wanted........

Lets see, as benefits, I would say the system could reward both couples with something they have to give up if they divorce.....example, lets say each player would receive a Ring that gave an extra +10% Exp (whichever) that only worked when the players were in party range of each other. In order to divorce they have to turn the ring back in to the NPC at the chapel...(same as you do with rented items for Con).....Said ring could also give the players special editing Place mode priveleges in each others (or a single) house or allow them to use that players tools, such as stoves, alchemy table, or statues, (so they would effectively be "living together")

;) will let others add or elaborate on those suggestions

Edited by Andaro
2 people like this

Posted

I could see weddings in the game.

But in my opinion, if it were to be done, i think it should be something more grand....like for example...

Lets say two players wanted to get married, the players would register at a chapel in one of the larger towns, lets say Calpheon. At the NPC the players would set the date, and choose a dowery package (lets say "Grand Wedding Package") which would cost X amount of silver (lets say 350mil Silver). On that day, the system would send by mail, to each player a wedding costume (with time expiration), and change the sceneray of the chapel to be decorated for the wedding (scale of decorations dependant upon the package purchased). Extra Town NPCs would spawn, in the chapel as "the guests", a system wide server announcement would automatically display announcing the wedding....players could attend if they wanted........

Lets see, as benefits, I would say the system could reward both couples with something they have to give up if they divorce.....example, lets say each player would receive a Ring that gave an extra +10% Exp (whichever) that only worked when the players were in party range of each other. In order to divorce they have to turn the ring back in to the NPC at the chapel...(same as you do with rented items for Con).....Said ring could also give the players special editing Place mode priveleges in each others (or a single) house or allow them to use that players tools, such as stoves, alchemy table, or statues, (so they would effectively be "living together")

;) will let others add or elaborate on those suggestions

Good...but the BDO world would go nuts, when everyone will get married just to obtain those extra benefits.

If there is a way to get extra buffs, then everyone wants it. So everyone in the whole game are married with someone just to get that +10% exp buff.
And the whole marriage thing would actually lose its purpose?

I can image the rush our on the 1st week when everyone is getting married in game.
Also you would be hearing things like "why havent you married yet? You are an idiot, with marriage you will get extra exp!"
-------------------
Only thing what you should get from marriage is a costume or a visual effect. Something what wouldn't make every player want it.

Posted

If you will note, I provided only an *example*...there are many other possibilities.

Posted

If you will note, I provided only an *example*...there are many other possibilities.

Yeah...but the point still stands: "No buffs for married couples ingame" or the whole thing loses it's purpose.

Posted

Yeah...but the point still stands: "No buffs for married couples ingame" or the whole thing loses it's purpose.

You would probably have to find a counter effect to curve the "want to"

Posted

too much potential for gold sellers and exploting 

Posted

Only thing what you should get from marriage is a costume or a visual effect. Something what wouldn't make every player want it.

that would make 75% of the people I know want it just for a free costume and effect 

pls

putting aside the method, giving a 10% buff kind of seems like making it just for buff incentive. I like the idea of cohabitating in a house, but it would have to be done right. No items that are super expensive can be put into the house. (over 2m, I'd say. If marketplace even sells furniture over 2m)

Also after you divorce you can't get married again for an extended period of time. This would probably help and make people think it through. That, and gold sellers would have a harder time doing their job.)

That, or have a system where you gain points spending time with that person doing things until marriage is avaliable. And not just standing around. Travelling without autopath, killing things, gathering together, participating in guild and node wars together, forming parties and doing things within the vicinity of the other person.

Posted

Glad to see you noticed where i included, the couple would have to be in party range of each other. That in itself wouldnt stop all abuse but it would certainly deter "everyone" from "just getting married because"

With any system, someone is going to abuse it in some way, and we can relate this discussion to many other systems already in place frankly speaking. Its a good convo to be had.

1 person likes this