• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dye as a permanent unlock

211 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think consumable cosmetics really work for the NA market -- we definitely prefer something permanent for our money. This would be a great change.

1 person likes this

Posted

I absolutely agree on this one. I highly suggest making a system similar to GW2, where players have a dye "wardrobe" where all of their unlocked dyes can be saved and used permanently. This would help to alleviate the heavy RNG involved in random dye drops: spending money over and over to try and get your favorite permanent dye drop is one thing, but spending it continuously to recieve a one-time consumable in ridiculous. RNG is understandable in the cash shop on a certain level, but from what I've seen, the prices in the cash shop for other things (costumes, pets only available in the cash shop, etc.) are so high that it seems like unnecessary cash milking at this point. I believe that, unless the RNG in the cash shop is toned down a bit, or cash shop items are at least made somewhat more available through in-game means, many players are going to be pushed away by this system.

Posted

I vote for permanent dye as well.

So vote 1.

Posted (edited)

The current dye adquisition system wont work very well in EU/NA servers. Yes, we paid already for the game, but even so people are not used to this. Also you got an awesome character editor, don't let every single character look quite similar just because they are wearing the same! That breaks immersion.

They can still get money with dyes by just putting the current RNG system out of the cash shop, in a dye workshop or something like that in game, so sending your workers each batch will give you a random dye. But also at the cash shop you can get any dye (or pack) you want without letting your fate to the powerful RNG god.

Cash shop is ok with premium costumes (yet a bit expensive), but dye system.. I think you really should get some dyes out of the cash shop in EU/NA.

Edit. almost forgot, I think every dye you buy from the cash shop with money should be permanent too, but maybe not the ones you can "craft".

Edited by Mot

Posted (edited)

Seeing as I spent $60 worth of those free pearls on dyes and only got one black dye, which I was aiming for with all of it, yeah. I think it should be unlock. Having to spend that much for a single dye, then only getting one of about 15 that you need for the set is a bit ridiculous. Another option would be make the dyes more expensive, but RGB selection to your liking.

Edit: I think this is the only post I've seen where it's nearly 100% of the people agree. Obviously Daum needs to do something.

Edited by Alesheyra

Posted

+1

Posted

I agree mostly because a lot of the costumes have so many parts you can dye and you get lucky to get the one color you like and you can use it only once on one spot and for those of us likemyself that have horrible luck will prolly spend to much money trying to get that color again for another part on our outfit. I'd even be happy if the dye lasted on that outfit and you could use it as many times on that one outfit.

Posted

I agree. They should be permanent unlocks.

Posted

I 100% agree

-Basic dyes(or some of them) should be available in the game via crafting, quests, or loot. This is a buy to play game and I don't think it's too much to ask to have access to watered down colors.

-All dyes should be unlocks for your account - Yes I too played GW2 and the dye system in black desert knocks it out of the park EXCEPT single use system. I think players would buy a lot more dye packs if they knew they were account unlocks. Players really like feeling unique and I would just love it if I could always choose from a wide variety and get colors to match on all the dye spots.

Posted

Would be amazing if they did use GW2's dye system. Also agree!

Posted

Would love to see the dyes as a perm unlock

Posted (edited)

Can players craft dyes at all? If so, then I prefer the consumable model for sure.

Well, I prefer at the consumable model either way, but we should have more control over the dye we get if so.

Edited by Lethality

Posted

+1

Being able to unlock dyes would be really nice.

Posted (edited)

right now its RNG at its worst to get the dye you want.

there is a dye menu where you can preview dyes. my idea is to make it into a cart system where you go to the dye menu, pick the dyes you want, it goes to a cart and shows you a total price, then you buy it. one use is fine, ppl will buy more when they get new costumes or w/e.

agree with this suggestion... one time use, pick the color u want. dye price need to be lower.. then many more ppl will buy dyes.  and we are all happy, and the game still make some money $$

*coming from DCUO where styling and coloring youre outfit was free, we all used like 50+% of our playing time styling our toons..

Edited by M BISON

Posted

Since there are so many different nuances of every color it would be way more fair to let your family "learn" that color as a recipe. If you want to mix colors, just let the ppl mix two "recipes" for one recipe, wich will be permanent as a recipe, too, and make the other two recipes disappear, wich you didnt want anyway. Ppl will still buy lots of colors to mix their permanent rare color recipes and it would be way more satisfying. 

Buying 3 one time use colors for more than an euro feels pretty greedy and unsympathetic in my opinion. And customizing your character and the price for it has to have a certain border, wich the current dye pricesystem obviously oversteps.

Posted (edited)

Permanent dye is the only way I'll ever purchase dye. It's the only reason I ever bought dye packs in Guild Wars 2.

This dye system just means I won't ever purchase dye, which is absolutely fine! I don't really need dye since the armor in this game already looks good. But I imagine that won't work well for DAUM if this is how the majority of their player base will treat dye.

You don't get people to purchase multiple dye packs by making them try to get multiple of the same color and feeling like they're wasting money. You get people to purchase multiple dye packs by making the more vibrant and desirable colors rarer so they keep trying to get specific colors they want, while still not feeling like they wasted money because they're always getting some colors they can use whenever they want.

Edited by yayorbitgum

Posted

You got dyes from achievements in ESO, and I liked that.

1 person likes this

Posted

to many dyes im not a millionaire to get them all.

Posted (edited)

Yep I do totally agree with dyes being a permanent unlock once you do get the one, this is like in GW2 as most other did mention and it does work perfectly in GW2. So I hope this will be taken into consideratio

Edited by Nortfor

Posted (edited)

Option 1.
Would be the best option for their revenue (cashshop dye packs) and at the same time our wishes. 

Edited by Criminal
edit

Posted

+1.

+1.

Posted (edited)

Agree that the dye unlock method like in GW2 is the best method to use.

Especially considering that I used our funny money in cbt2 and bought 9 three packs of dye and did not get a single usable color.

That experience show me that with the current system I will not ever buy a single dye pack once the game goes live unfortunately.

Please reconsider your current system.

Thanks,

Jorm

Edited by Jormie

Posted (edited)

Edited by Lethality

Posted

yup this

Posted (edited)

um...

Edited by userOnline