• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can we change how we do Ancient Relic Scrolls?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Lets face it... doing Ancient Relic Scrolls are depressing and not fun. It makes me never want to do them and it makes me not want to play Black Desert Online. I spend more time waiting for the dang boss to spawn than actually killing them. It takes on average 35-40 minutes with a fast group and sometime takes up to an hour with a slower group. The scrolls needs to be change either by making them spawn faster the moment they're dead, make them spawn all at the same time to encourage people to find a group, or just give us one super boss by combining the 3. 

6 people like this

Posted

Lets face it... doing Ancient Relic Scrolls are depressing and not fun. It makes me never want to do them and it makes me not want to play Black Desert Online. I spend more time waiting for the dang boss to spawn than actually killing them. It takes on average 35-40 minutes with a fast group and sometime takes up to an hour with a slower group. The scrolls needs to be change either by making them spawn faster the moment they're dead, make them spawn all at the same time to encourage people to find a group, or just give us one super boss by combining the 3. 

pilas only have 2 bosses and get done in half the time for 5x5s why not try doing those instead.

Posted

try doing 5x10 or 5x20 groups.... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted

If you don't like running the boss runs, then sell the scrolls and just buy the mem frags ... unless your server is unfortunate enough to not have any listed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I did a 5x10 this weekend. My brain is still in a coma. The thing is, they were probably challenging when people were level 50 with +10 gear.  Now, not so much.

But on the other hand, if someone new starts doing them, they will have a hard time until they gear up, so it's a bit tricky to just reduce spawn timer in general, as someone lower geared does need that time to recover.

1 person likes this

Posted

I did a 5x10 this weekend. My brain is still in a coma. The thing is, they were probably challenging when people were level 50 with +10 gear.  Now, not so much.

But on the other hand, if someone new starts doing them, they will have a hard time until they gear up, so it's a bit tricky to just reduce spawn timer in general, as someone lower geared does need that time to recover.

Easy solution, just get new scrolls in that give you twice the amount while having harder enemies. Or better yet, something that only spawns one boss but is hard af.

Id prefer that over waves of mobs that die in 1 second.

Posted (edited)

If you don't like running the boss runs, then sell the scrolls and just buy the mem frags ... unless your server is unfortunate enough to not have any listed.

this too, the way prices have changed in market allows for more or less an even trade-off depending on the almighty rng

-10 frags on edan is 7.3-5m

-1 relic is 650-700k, 5 is 3.25-3.5m

-1 scroll gets you 2-12 frags based on rng( 12 is like getting pen on 0 failstacks..) 4-6 ttl per 1 is average.

- I.E 2 scrolls(10 relics) net you at least 7-8 on a bad day and on a good day more than the quota of 10 breaking even with a chance of profiting(over 10 frags).

- keep in mind that doing a 5x5 will net you 30-40 frags with 35 being the most common amount. so its worth it to do em, just throw on some music/show and veg out while you do it(controller>keyboard for these since you can chill on the couch and play instead of sitting in an uncomfortable chair).

so yea you don't have to do them if you don't want to, just sell the relics for a minimal loss of silver and a maximum gain on time.

Edited by Zephyrsong

Posted

I've done 86 scrolls with some guildies.  Took us almost 3 hours from relics to cartians then pilas. Shit was worth it.

Posted

Yes pls. Ive seen many suggestions about relic runs... They should change it already. I have over 100 relic shards in my storage, around 7 scrolls in my inventory... To lazy to do the scrolls, and dont have the time to look for a group, meetup and do the scrolls...

Posted

Yes pls. Ive seen many suggestions about relic runs... They should change it already. I have over 100 relic shards in my storage, around 7 scrolls in my inventory... To lazy to do the scrolls, and dont have the time to look for a group, meetup and do the scrolls...

just a heads up, telling someone your "too lazy" to do something is a terribad argument for getting them to change said problem.

Posted

I switched to just solo'ing mine a while back... and even that is cancer. 

Posted

I just solo the market place it takes about 5 seconds and stress free

Posted

I do them for the hunter seals lol, memory frags is just a bonus

Posted

just a heads up, telling someone your "too lazy" to do something is a terribad argument for getting them to change said problem.

too lazy :) im working some weeks 7 days full 64hours. I have a family. So im hardcore during my freetime, and a casual player on my busy weeks. Dont want to sacrifice my time with my family or my sleep haha :)

So i dont feel like doing a 2h relic run... Its a waste of good time, xould do a lot of other things like crafting,  grinding, farming...etc 

1 person likes this

Posted

And this is why i solo mine

1 person likes this

Posted

too lazy :) im working some weeks 7 days full 64hours. I have a family. So im hardcore during my freetime, and a casual player on my busy weeks. Dont want to sacrifice my time with my family or my sleep haha :)

So i dont feel like doing a 2h relic run... Its a waste of good time, xould do a lot of other things like crafting,  grinding, farming...etc 

well okay then, choose your words better next time then....

Posted

The mechanics of the Relic scroll bosses definitely needs an update. If the delayed spawn on the bosses was removed it wouldn't be so terrible.

Posted

well okay then, choose your words better next time then....

sry mr. President. Ill do so 

Posted

I tried that also, but you get more frags when doing them in a party. 

Posted

still takes ages man, why do I need this stupid animation? they just need to make them applicable the first 10 times you summon and reduce the bosses to two only. 

This takes ages. I go with 10-15 at a time still takes a lot. 

Posted (edited)

Well pila fe you "waste" your time ginding to get them, relic you get them afk fishing doing something else (don't tell me you grind at calpheon area plzzz ಠ_ಠ) and then you "waste" your time. Seems fair ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Joke aside yeah relic sux and need changing lul

Edited by PanpanTheGreat

Posted (edited)

Easiest thing to do would be increase the spawn animation speed

Would probably shave off like half the time >_>

Edited by Anemone

Posted

I'd love to see a change that shortened the time to do each scroll. In my regular group, we often do 20+ relic scrolls in addition to all the other scrolls that the members have collected. It takes a lot of time each week and no one looks forward to the grind. The frags and seals make it worth it, but it's mind-numbing.

Posted

Majority of servers have 0 Mem Frags listed, because demand is insanely higher than supply. People cant even farm enough mem frags for their own gear, so who would sell? On Jordine you have to pre-order for 1-1.2 mil each or spend hours at the market trying to snipe, just to get a handful.

Maybe there's some NA server with a high amount of life-skillers where there's actual Mem frags in the market place? But for everyone else there's no other option, besides grinding, fishing and buying relics and doing loads of disco. Such boring activity being mandatory for hours and hours each week, if you want any gear progression, not sure it's the best way to keep people interested in the game.

I do know there's Memory Fragments listed in the market on Korean servers tho, so I can only assume they have more ways of obtaining them.

Posted

Majority of servers have 0 Mem Frags listed, because demand is insanely higher than supply. People cant even farm enough mem frags for their own gear, so who would sell? On Jordine you have to pre-order for 1-1.2 mil each or spend hours at the market trying to snipe, just to get a handful.

Maybe there's some NA server with a high amount of life-skillers where there's actual Mem frags in the market place? But for everyone else there's no other option, besides grinding, fishing and buying relics and doing loads of disco. Such boring activity being mandatory for hours and hours each week, if you want any gear progression, not sure it's the best way to keep people interested in the game.

I do know there's Memory Fragments listed in the market on Korean servers tho, so I can only assume they have more ways of obtaining them.

Yah I think UNO and Edan had close to 4k listed last weekend.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0