• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Lara is not giving the quest.....

122 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't want to mess with my clock and it looks like it was good that I didn't. However, it is 12:40 am, the 20th for me, and I still have no quest from Lara.

Posted

@GM_Caramel

if this helps i was finally able to  get the event quest... 
i still had not completed the toys for tots or what ever the wheat dough quest is and did that then i was able to get the even quest

Posted

@GM_Caramel

if this helps i was finally able to  get the event quest... 
i still had not completed the toys for tots or what ever the wheat dough quest is and did that then i was able to get the even quest

I responded to your PM but thank you again for your feedback! 

Posted

where does toys for tots start? 

Posted

1:22am the 20th and the quest finally appeared

Posted (edited)

where does toys for tots start? 

i got it directly from laura i dont know if there is any prereqs. 
it might be the other quest... which ever is the one you have to make 5 wheat dough or something like that

EDIT::
here is the quest
http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/2100/65/

Edited by Shimoyaki

Posted

I got the quest finally after getting dc'd and logging back in

Posted

I would avoid doing any thing else with your computer clock. Players are starting to use this as an advantage to change the time in game to gain daily quests and scrolls. To avoid any consequences on your account for exploits I would leave it alone until we can get an official statement

I changed my timezone 1 time, and I plan to keep it in +9 UTC (Seoul), though I live in -7 UTC (Pacific Time). I did this as a workaround for bad game design, not as an exploit.

If an event is supposed to start at 0:00 UTC 20 October, then the game server should flip the switch at that time, because the event will end when you want it to end - you turn the server off for maintenance. By having the game client read the client computer's timezone, customers who live in  -UTC are losing out.

The Valencia event had this before, and you all sent out make-up seals. The Halloween event has it now.

Unless something changes, each event will have it in the future, and I don't think that consequences to our accounts is the right answer.

Posted

Unless something changes, each event will have it in the future, and I don't think that consequences to our accounts is the right answer.

As previously stated, I am just saying to avoid any false consequences refrain from changing anything else until we make an official announcement and although I cannot confirm I don't think it will effect those who only changed their clock to receive the quest, anyone else as @Andaro says that uses this to go the extra mile and abuse daily quests and scrolls...well you get the point. 

Posted (edited)

As previously stated, I am just saying to avoid any false consequences refrain from changing anything else until we make an official announcement and although I cannot confirm I don't think it will effect those who only changed their clock to receive the quest, anyone else as @Andaro says that uses this to go the extra mile and abuse daily quests and scrolls...well you get the point. 

The server wont permit it. 

(Edited)

Edited by Visnja

Posted (edited)

*Redacted*

Edited by Andaro

Posted (edited)

E.L. Fudge Cookies, Yum.

Edited by Visnja

Posted (edited)

*redacted*

Edited by Andaro

Posted (edited)

Who likes E.L. Fudge Cookies ?

Edited by Visnja
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Visnja quotes and commentaries redacted ;)

Edited by Andaro
1 person likes this

Posted

Duly noted, edit out your quote of me if you dont mind.

Thanks again Visnja! ^_^ 

UPDATE: I apologize for the scare, it's better to be safe than sorry! I personally didn't want anything to happen to your guys' accounts due to the "reported exploit" from other players. We just got news from our QA team who made sure that changing the clock on your computer will not be used as an exploit for claiming daily quests and scrolls earlier. The actual item expiry dates are calculated on server time when you try to use them so even if you change your clock to increase the time, it doesn't affect the actual expiry time. SO tl;dr nothing to worry about for those who changed computer clock for Lara's quest. Carry on, have fun in the events and stay spooky! B|

3 people like this

Posted

Good news to hear. And thanks for investigating the matter ^_^

Posted

Good news to hear. And thanks for investigating the matter ^_^

Of course! Didn't want anything to happen to you guys! :x

Posted

Waited ingame 2 hours and my cookie still not ready? WTF! i want my cookie!!

Posted

We're currently investigating the cause of the issue. Everyone that is currently not able to accept the event quests, do you have "Daylight savings" setting turned on on your PC?

And if you are able to accept the quests, do you have it turned off?

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

We're currently investigating the cause of the issue. Everyone that is currently not able to accept the event quests, do you have "Daylight savings" setting turned on on your PC?

And if you are able to accept the quests, do you have it turned off?

Best regards,
GM Dew

currently (win10) daylight savings is set to Auto, i got mine when midnight hit.  Others in chat say they got theirs an hour afterwards

*edit* DST is currently enabled for myself and will end on Nov 6th

Edited by Andaro

Posted (edited)

So, some people manipulating the date on pc to get this quest working. Is it also possible to obtain every reward until 9th november on one day with this trick? And if, wouldn't this be an exploit? Any confirmation?

@GM_Dew , @GM_Caramel

EDIT: OK, I just saw we already got confirmation about daily quests and expiry date of scrolls. BUT what's the case with daily log in reward for Loyality? With this trick, which isn't an exploit in the other two cases, it would be possible to get infinite Loyality Points to buy everything from L-Shop. How about this? Also no exploit?

Edited by Skulldemon

Posted

So, some people manipulating the date on pc to get this quest working. Is it also possible to obtain every reward until 9th november on one day with this trick? And if, wouldn't this be an exploit? Any confirmation?

@GM_Dew 

That would be exploiting. Caramel has already checked into this, and its not possible, as V has confirmed, the server will not permit it to happen.

Posted

That would be exploiting. Caramel has already checked into this, and its not possible, as V has confirmed, the server will not permit it to happen.

Edited my answer, what's about daily Loyality?

Posted

Edited my answer, what's about daily Loyality?

it goes without saying, that you cant, and should not be attempting, to circumvent any systems that are place. If its a daily, you should do it once per day.  Lets throw this hypothetical scenario out there. Lets say a major daily quest that gave epic loot was bugged because of a patch and you were miraculously able to do many of them back to back. Even though it was an error on the developers part (something went wrong), you know that it is supposed to be a *daily* thing.  If you do it more than once a day, even if the system is allowing it, then you are taking part in a bug that was never meant to be intended to function that way, and are thereby exploiting that bug for personal gain. In which case you open yourself up to liable ban hammer. 

Its a moral and ethical argument, has been for 20 years.

Likewise, if you do *find* a bug, its best *not* to publicize it, but instead immediately report it to the company. They may even reward you for turning in a problem like that or bringing it to their attention so that it can be fixed asap.