• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Make the game newbie friendly!!

43 posts in this topic

Posted

I have played the game for like 4-5 months until I found out that they were not gonna make awakenings available for all classes at once and I haven't been playing since. As a blader, I will have to wait another month or so to be able to get my awakening but I tried to get back to the game the other day after months of absence and realised that it was kinda impossible to play with 145ap/180dp because you are just a one shot materiel for good geared awakening classes.

Around the same time last week a friend of mine asked me about the game and that he wanted to try and be a part of the community and I told him not to because if I can't even be compatible after couple months of absence how can a new player enjoy this game in this current situation. This is not a good business decision because without new comers, sooner or later current players will quit because there will not be a community to enjoy the game. What kind of a business decision is this? how can you force new players to get out into the world and grind while a group of high geared players threatening them not to come again on that specific area???

There has to be some changes like giving options to turn pvp off for low geared players or making new areas in the game world where you will get pvp and get better gears and drops but you cannot force everybody to pvp out in the open without any gear whatsoever and I am telling you Pearl Abyss and Kakao, this is not good business..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have played the game for like 4-5 months until I found out that they were not gonna make awakenings available for all classes at once and I haven't been playing since. As a blader, I will have to wait another month or so to be able to get my awakening but I tried to get back to the game the other day after months of absence and realised that it was kinda impossible to play with 145ap/180dp because you are just a one shot materiel for good geared awakening classes.

Around the same time last week a friend of mine asked me about the game and that he wanted to try and be a part of the community and I told him not to because if I can't even be compatible after couple months of absence how can a new player enjoy this game in this current situation. This is not a good business decision because without new comers, sooner or later current players will quit because there will not be a community to enjoy the game. What kind of a business decision is this? how can you force new players to get out into the world and grind while a group of high geared players threatening them not to come again on that specific area???

There has to be some changes like giving options to turn pvp off for low geared players or making new areas in the game world where you will get pvp and get better gears and drops but you cannot force everybody to pvp out in the open without any gear whatsoever and I am telling you Pearl Abyss and Kakao, this is not good business..

Kakao's decision been made.  They took a great game and trashed it for quick gimmicky sales.

Their business motto is "Shut up and pay us".

You haven't even unveiled some of the real PVP issues.  Opponents can see your HP and try to force you into exp loss and if they die it doesn't even matter.

The developers and GM's are so pathetic they won't even fix issues like this.  This is just rookie coders who have no clue what they are doing.  This massive exploit was only available by hacking in other games.  These morons made it a feature of the game.

It gets even better a player can hide their name/guild and dump an exp loss on you and you may not even know who it was.

Rofl loser devs

They do such a bad job they have to fight their own customers on charge backs.

Edited by 2Cents
4 people like this

Posted

Kakao's decision been made.  They took a great game and trashed it for quick gimmicky sales.

You haven't even unveiled some of the real PVP issues.  Opponents can see your HP and try to force you into exp loss and if they die it doesn't even matter.

The developers and GM's are so pathetic they won't even fix issues like this.

This is like a government letting mafia take over their country and they are not saying anything because they get paid!! and you can guess the ending of that story...

Posted

With your stats, you arent far off from being average. You can join a guild rn and get up to speed on items and exp, in a span of a couple days of play time. Game isn't hard, its just time consuming. 

Posted

based on the topic title, this game is entirely newbie friendly. frankly speaking its got to be the easiest noob friendly full mmo out there (or one of)

what your title should read is Challenges of a PVP oriented player

1 person likes this

Posted

Man, maybe this is not the game for you, since the beggining of game you knew what the game was. some like some dont

Posted

The developers and GM's are so pathetic they won't even fix issues like this.  This is just rookie coders who have no clue what they are doing.  This massive exploit was only available by hacking in other games.  These morons made it a feature of the game..

I really wonder what world do you live in, and what games do you play

hurrdurr enemies can see your hp and can exploit it bad game design hurrdurr, dude wake up - it is this way in pretty much EVERY game in last decade, and no one except you have a problem with it

2 people like this

Posted

With your stats, you arent far off from being average. You can join a guild rn and get up to speed on items and exp, in a span of a couple days of play time. Game isn't hard, its just time consuming. 

how does this help my friend to start from scratch? I was not talking about me I was talking about newbies..

Man, maybe this is not the game for you, since the beggining of game you knew what the game was. some like some dont

I knew how the game was but I didn't know they weren't gonna give me my awakening and make the game a mess like this and I may survive and get back on track what about new players? do you think this game will be around long term with this track record without new players coming in? 

Posted

how does this help my friend to start from scratch? I was not talking about me I was talking about newbies..

I knew how the game was but I didn't know they weren't gonna give me my awakening and make the game a mess like this and I may survive and get back on track what about new players? do you think this game will be around long term with this track record without new players coming in? 

They are probably better off playing other games, unless;

* They don't mind the grind.

* Have a lot of patience and tolerance for failure or "luck-based" progression.

* Don't mind paying for "convenience" in a game filled with inconvenience, or being inconvenienced.

* Don't mind ridiculous gear-scaling in an ultimately gear-dependent combat.

* Do not care for pvp and "balance" or competition.

* Are RPers, life skillers, profession-profit-oriented players, solo players and explorers.

* Have a lot of free time and/or long term in-game goals with no "End game" urgency.

Posted

Just another note here, if you are a newbie, you should not be expecting to "jump in" to top tier competitive pvp anyhow. The game is huge, and anything before Mediah is just the beginners area. Top pvp'ers have worked hard and spent tons of silver on upgrading their gear to the strongest levels.  Any new player should already know that joining any mmo game that has already been "open" for any period of time is going to have a group of players in the top ranks that they are not going to be able to compete with right off the bat.

You have a lot of work ahead of you if that's where you want to get anytime soon.  But that is nothing new, that is in any MMO.

Posted

Man this game is noob friendly+++++++++++ idk what you are on about. Did you see last event where they gave shit ton of stuff for new player and that's jsut one drop in the sea of noob friendly:

1. New Explorer Event

To welcome in new players and make sure they have a great start to their adventures within Black Desert Online, we’ll be introducing a brand new event!

• Start: September 14th, 2016 (After Maintenance)
  • End: October 26th, 2016 (With Maintenance)
  • Requirements: Have a play time of less than 24 hours on your server (including newly created accounts after the event starts). Players in this category will receive a reward for each day they return for the first 7 days of play.

Day 1

• [Event] Lahr Arcien Weapon & Outfit Box (7 Days)

• Merv's Palette (7 Days)

Day 2

• Value Pack (7 Days)

• [Event] Inventory +2 Expansion Coupon

• [Event] Jarette’s Support Box

Day 3

• Horse Emblem: White-Mane Black & White Spotted Horse

• [Event] Lahr Arcien Horse Gear Set (7 Days)

• [Event] Jarette’s Support Box II

Day 4

• [Event] Inventory +2 Expansion Coupon

• [Loyalties] Blessing of Kamasilve (7 Days)

• [Event] Jarette’s Support Box III

Day 5

• [Event] Sealed Book of Combat (7d)

• Black Stone (Weapon)

• Black Stone (Armor)

Day 6

• [Event] Splat Fisher's Clothes Set (7 Days)

• Triple-Float Fishing Rod

• Ship License: Fishing Boat

Day 7

• Gold Ingot 100G

• Value Pack (7 Days)

• [Event] Sealed Book of Combat (7d)

• [Loyalties] Blessing of Kamasilve (7 Days)

• Merv's Palette (7 Days)

Like seriously???????? 

Posted

i think he means, make the game lazy friendly 

2 people like this

Posted

@PanpanTheGreat

WoW no '''' sherlok its totaly noob friendly.

Evreyone knows after that 7 days how the game works.

It helps ppl to get closer to the avarage players.

But for most working persons its a matter of mounths to catch up to the avarage ppl. Expacely when you have bad luck.

I do like the game from its style but its defenetly not a noob friendly mmorpg.

I could also live with the grind and stuff but the rng gear upgrading just turns me to much down.

And you need a good guild who tells you where to go and maybe take you with them to WB and stuff.

So comming to the end. If they at least would change the rng part so u dont grind 1000 hours for nothing. I think some ppl would considder comming back.

Posted

IMO only problem with BDO "beginner friendliness" is the fact that it's way too easy to level up to 1->50->56 with all of these +100%exp weekends and stuff so you don't have enough time to learn the game before you hit the "magical barrier" where your gear and "knowledge of the game" really start to make some difference.

1 person likes this

Posted

Man this game is noob friendly+++++++++++ idk what you are on about. Did you see last event where they gave shit ton of stuff for new player and that's jsut one drop in the sea of noob friendly:

Are you serious ? Something like overall 40 kk worth of rewards against 3.2kkk + RNG godlike skills to be semi decent ? Okay. 

Posted

Are you serious ? Something like overall 40 kk worth of rewards against 3.2kkk + RNG godlike skills to be semi decent ? Okay. 

Using kk is an atrocity and using kkk just makes my eyes bleed

4 people like this

Posted

Using kk is an atrocity and using kkk just makes my eyes bleed

Take some pills.

Posted (edited)

The game isn't newbie friendly...ok I got to lv 50 I had hmm maybe 5m tops in bank after allt he drops and obtaining rewards for lv 50 (it was 1m back then I belive). Also I had maybe 20 blackstones each and such. My game began then because frankly until lv 50 it's just tutorial,

I made an alt on another server when the exploer events started. After 30 days my alt has 80m in pocket money, around 200 blackstones, around 20 of each hard/sharp blackstones, a lot of other material that the game developers just throw at me in dailies. and you know what? I didn't even recovered any lv rewards witch are now around 50m for geting to lv 50-55 I belive. Witch is a few hours work actually if you know the game at least a little or read some guides that tell you when to go where.

So yeah it's hard as hell now with all these catchup mechanics and events rolling around making you get allt hat free stuff just for hanging around...

Edited by Falcion

Posted

You said, high GEARED awakening players 2 shot you, because they have awakenign and you don't, explain again, how a HIGH GEARED awakened player, can still not 2 shot you, even if you had your awakening? Get your gear up and don't compete with high geared players, simple as that, you don't need to pvp, or to fight to enjoy this game...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

But the event is over, so what about the new noobs who missed it? Well, they're at an even greater loss - genius. Not only they're late in time, but behind in "attendance rewards" now.

A good noob friendly environment doesn't give you time-limited free stuff, it provides the tools to catch-up, 

Edited by Suh

Posted

But the event is over, so what about the new noobs who missed it? Well, they're at an even greater loss - genius. Not only they're late in time, but behind in "attendance rewards" now.

A good noob friendly environment doesn't give you time-limited free stuff, it provides the tools to catch-up, 

They could simply implement a permanent attendance reward for new accounts, but it might get outdated as the game keeps porgressing, so it's too much work for PA to keep renewing it, so they won't do it :)

Posted

There are other ways. Two good examples were already implemented:

- the one-time quest from the black spirit which gives a good amount of blackstone, it's mostly useless for people who can already farm money, but it's a good burst of stones for newcomers, which will help them gear up and be able to farm on their own

- the one-time quest for xp, same thing: it's irrelevant for higher levels, but it could have been a good xp burst for newcomers (though this one is poorly balanced, actually the reward is bad).

Time-limited anything will just aggravate the problem.

Posted (edited)

They boosted exp gains (skill point and combat exp), made all the area easy, there is a million exp buff you can get, events every 1-2weeks. They increased the reward from most low lvl quests. You can get the best/near-best accessories in RNG boxes. Soon you ll be able to get most of the best item in chest that you can open with keys that you got being AFK all day ROFL. Damn you can even get boss gear (which is end game btw) by just showing up at world bosses or doing daily scrolls (with lot of luck for this but still), wtf you want more. You want to come play this game and have everything handed to you straight up?? Maybe we should give you all +15 boss gear.

Sorry but this is MMORPG and most of them have a progression system, if you don't put effort in the game you will be behind the other players who do, this game is realy much noob friendly imo and you should say thank you already for what you get for free.

Edited by PanpanTheGreat

Posted

Wow, just Wow!

First, it's upsetting and extremely rude to tell a new player not to play BDO just because YOU don't like something.  There is SO much to do in BDO for new players.  Thats how a new player can enjoy the game. Then there's the part where you say "how can you force a new player to get out in the world"? Huh?  I'm not even going to go there since that is probably the stupidest statement I have ever heard!

And about your 145/180 ap/dp?  I only have 138ap and 241dp. I had my 241dp before I even hit the level 45 PvP mark. So can you and so can your new friend. Armor is pretty cheap to buy. I have all DUO and TRI and bought every piece with money I earned in-game. Now about being competitive with 145? That could be an issue. At 138 I can't kill sh_t if I'm attacked, BUT my dp is high enough that most of the time I can hold my own and run, or die, which is no biggie. We don't lose anything when we die. 

So, the bottom line is that you are discouraging your friend from playing a great game because you are unhappy with it!  He will need to learn the game, gear up, and learn to fight. He has 44 levels to do this in peace, probably more.  I was 52 before I was PK'ed for the first time. For the most part, if you don't bother someone, they won't bother you. If you see someone grinding, go somewhere else and grind. Simple! 

I just got my awakening on my Ranger. Everything changed for the better. So that's something to look forward to.

There is nothing wrong with the way this game is for newbies. It's a learning curve and they give you 44 levels to learn. After that, even if you die, you don't lose a thing so whats the big deal. Just play and enjoy!

The developers and GM's are so pathetic they won't even fix issues like this.  This is just rookie coders who have no clue what they are doing.  This massive exploit was only available by hacking in other games.  These morons made it a feature of the game.

It gets even better a player can hide their name/guild and dump an exp loss on you and you may not even know who it was.

Rofl loser devs

They do such a bad job they have to fight their own customers on charge backs.

Really? How is this possible when you you can't lose exp when you are attacked?

Posted

Please tell me he's just a troll ...