• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sick of your lazy employees

28 posts in this topic

Posted

PVP games do not allow you to see your opponents HP because it can be exploited.  Whether it's to avoid getting a PK count or to force an exp loss it's abuse.  In some games a group would block a player's movement by crowding around them and using AOE mobs to kill them.

This is PVP mechanics 101, you shouldn't even be a coding a game if you don't know things like this.

#demand_it_be_fixed

#earn_your_paycheck

Posted

huh?

Posted

LOL pretty sure you got rekt by mobs while griefing and feel salty now.

4 people like this

Posted

wut?

EvE online - you totally see your oponents hp with shooting them on PvP

GW2 - in sPvP and WvW [5v5 pvp mode and mass pvp mode] you still see hp bars of your oponent

LoL - you see the healthbars

heck even a good piece of shooters shows you your oponents hps

and I am yet to see anyone whine of this in those games forums....

[but then I'm not checking LoL forums so maybe someone whined about visible hp bars there....]

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

huh?

Well designed PVP games do not allow you to see your opponents HP.  It was only available in some games by hacking.  It allows you know exactly how much HP your opponent has so you can leave them with very little HP and let them die to attacks.  You can also do this with grabs and even move a player to mobs.

It's basically newb programmers who have no clue what they are doing.

LOL pretty sure you got rekt by mobs while griefing and feel salty now.

I'm sure they won't mind people running around targeting top level players with this hack ;)

Which is great since they give away the players levels on top of it ;)

If you where smarter you would recognize the masses of players couldn't handle the exp loss on pvp, many can't handle the pkers griefing outside town, and many parties break up when no exp is lost.

Almost all the player's won't be able to handle people dumping exp losses on them.  Especially when it's so easy with this garbage.

You can take a nice dump on Kakaoe's face as well.  You can run around invincible with no chance to lose exp at 0%.  Another exploit by the lazy developers.  So you can force others to lose exp even when consuming tears, see their hp, and have no chance to lose exp.

Wish we had useful GM's who understood this and where actually motivated and capable of fixing mass exploits like this.

Edited by 2Cents

Posted

I dont see how knowing enemy hp is some noob coding, if it's anything all the other shitty patches and bugs are examples of noob coding. Always bugs,  always problems, always something wrong. 

Posted

What he is saying actually makes sense because dying in pvp has no consequences for the player where dying in pve does. Will it happen, probably not no.

Basically being able to see the players hp means you might try to press that last attack to kill the player even when you're low yourself, if you don't know the players hp, you can't tell how much hp they have left so you don't know if pressing an attack is a good idea or not.

Personally if this was to be implimented, I'd like to see it removed from open world flagging and killing, but have hp shown during gvg and node/ seige wars. It's not a terrible idea.

Posted (edited)

What he is saying actually makes sense because dying in pvp has no consequences for the player where dying in pve does. Will it happen, probably not no.

Basically being able to see the players hp means you might try to press that last attack to kill the player even when you're low yourself, if you don't know the players hp, you can't tell how much hp they have left so you don't know if pressing an attack is a good idea or not.

Personally if this was to be implimented, I'd like to see it removed from open world flagging and killing, but have hp shown during gvg and node/ seige wars. It's not a terrible idea.

Look above after you posted this.

They can stack exploits with 0% exp and you risk 1% loss, they risk nothing.  Sounds like a pretty good system isn't it.

You can stack the percentage based exp loss and grabs on top of it.  Have a party roll up on a level 61.  Lower his HP, pick him up and move him into mobs and let him die.  When properly setup up NONE of the players griefing can lose any exp or gems.

Not only would you force that 61 to use tears, they would still lose a lot of progress at that level.

The only reason it's not a big issue for players is because no one has abused it enough yet.  It's a huge exploit waiting to happen.

Edited by 2Cents

Posted

Do u even play?

Posted

I like how he ignored my post :)

Well designed PVP games do not allow you to see your opponents HP.  It was only available in some games by hacking.  It allows you know exactly how much HP your opponent has so you can leave them with very little HP and let them die to attacks.  You can also do this with grabs and even move a player to mobs.

It's basically newb programmers who have no clue what they are doing..

I'll ask again - list me one game that hides enemy hp from you

EvE online - bars visible with no hack involved and consequences of dying there are far beyond consequences of such thing in BDO

GW2 - while no real consequences of dying bars are still visible

LoL - last time I played I was seeing oponents hp with no "hacks" included

Word of tanks - you see hp bars

World of Warships - her I can even by defult see exact numbers

I can't see actually any sense in whats OP really raging about, all his shouts sounds to me like coming from an alternate universe at best...

[at worst senseless raging with no clue of PvP games released in at least last decade....]

Posted

Aion, Tera, GW2, WoW, Blade and soul, LoL, Dota, and dude pretty much in every i've every played you can see your enemy's HP bar.. how else u gonna know if u're about to kill him on not. What are u talking about?

Call a game that u cant see the HP.

Posted

I like how he ignored my post :)

I'll ask again - list me one game that hides enemy hp from you

EvE online - bars visible with no hack involved and consequences of dying there are far beyond consequences of such thing in BDO

GW2 - while no real consequences of dying bars are still visible

LoL - last time I played I was seeing oponents hp with no "hacks" included

Word of tanks - you see hp bars

World of Warships - her I can even by defult see exact numbers

I can't see actually any sense in whats OP really raging about, all his shouts sounds to me like coming from an alternate universe at best...

[at worst senseless raging with no clue of PvP games released in at least last decade....]

I'm not saying it needs to happen or that it is the right choice to be made, I'm just saying it is a logical kind of change. Again, will it happen, more than likely not.

Posted

Coming on there pretty strong aren't we? If you are from lineage2 then you have been around awhile, and should know perfectly well by now that the GM's here don't code anything. You should be very much aware of how a publisher to developer relationship works. Making ranting defamatory remarks against others is not going to get your opinion heard, if anything it will just get your thread locked for excessive flamage.

On the topic of what you are talking about, it is not an "exploit". That word comes with a completely different set of boundaries in the world of mmo's. What you are referring to is a grief tactic that someone has devised to get someone killed so they stay clean.  In my day we called this "luring", where you would lure a strong mob onto a player and let the mob kill the player instead of yourself.

And that, here in BDO, is not something that has been necessarily discussed in finite detail, and would make a good topic.

But if you wish to discuss that topic, I suggest you calm down act a little bit more civil.

Posted (edited)

I'm not saying it needs to happen or that it is the right choice to be made, I'm just saying it is a logical kind of change. Again, will it happen, more than likely not.

If you where smarter you would be able to put the pieces together.

BDO already had problems with people leaving because the PVP was to harsh.  It's what instigated the changes to 0% exp loss.

There are people who complain about not being able to do areas because they are harassed constantly.

This doesn't even come close to the true power of a groups of players using an exploit like this.

Don't worry though I'm 10 steps ahead of everyone posting.........

They took rrrrrrrrrr jobbbbbbsss derrrrrrrrr

I never cared until it affected ME DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by 2Cents

Posted

If you where smarter you would be able to put the pieces together.

BDO already had problems with people leaving because the PVP was to harsh.  It's what instigated the changes to 0% exp loss.

There are people who complain about not being able to do areas because they are harassed constantly.

This doesn't even come close to the true power of a groups of players using an exploit like this.

Don't worry though I'm 10 steps ahead of everyone posting.........

They took rrrrrrrrrr jobbbbbbsss derrrrrrrrr

I never cared until it affected ME DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You're funny xD

Posted

f260bfabd8c3367fa895b7d2e2908c8f2407c7f3

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Coming on there pretty strong aren't we? If you are from lineage2 then you have been around awhile, and should know perfectly well by now that the GM's here don't code anything. You should be very much aware of how a publisher to developer relationship works. Making ranting defamatory remarks against others is not going to get your opinion heard, if anything it will just get your thread locked for excessive flamage.

On the topic of what you are talking about, it is not an "exploit". That word comes with a completely different set of boundaries in the world of mmo's. What you are referring to is a grief tactic that someone has devised to get someone killed so they stay clean.  In my day we called this "luring", where you would lure a strong mob onto a player and let the mob kill the player instead of yourself.

And that, here in BDO, is not something that has been necessarily discussed in finite detail, and would make a good topic.

But if you wish to discuss that topic, I suggest you calm down act a little bit more civil.

I really wouldn't expect any of this to be to fixed from such an incompetent company.

The most likely outcome will be using these tactics just to screw over players because I can.  I'll give their customers just as much respect as they do ;)

I'm well aware of the Publisher's Role and their business practices.  And the "our hands are tied bs".  The truth is the system is garbage and even if the GM's repeatedly sent requests to have it changed they would be ignored.  However, it's also likely they don't even try and other fixes could be done.

The 1% exp loss to begin with.  The top players should be aware of how this is an issue.  Your average scrub is clueless.

Ironically the best way to get this fixed is probably to encourage people to use it.  To force it to become a bigger issue.

Edited by 2Cents

Posted (edited)

I'm sure they won't mind people running around targeting top level players with this hack ;)

If you where smarter you would recognize the masses of players couldn't handle the exp loss on pvp, many can't handle the pkers griefing outside town, and many parties break up when no exp is lost.

Almost all the player's won't be able to handle people dumping exp losses on them.  Especially when it's so easy with this garbage.

You can take a nice dump on Kakaoe's face as well.  You can run around invincible with no chance to lose exp at 0%.  Another exploit by the lazy developers.  So you can force others to lose exp even when consuming tears, see their hp, and have no chance to lose exp.

Wish we had useful GM's who understood this and where actually motivated and capable of fixing mass exploits like this.

Hack ? wow didn't expect a quality post from you but your are reaching deeper levels...

Yeah fine, let's just remove xp loss on PVE too because you can't handle not dying to a flimsy breeze. IF you are low hp and a player/group of player is nearby MAYBE you should act accordingly. But anyway, looking quickly at your history I'm pretty sure my first guess was the right one : you just got rekt while griefing and are salty.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Oh poor you, did someone make you die to a sausan mob because you were karmagriefing them? Your gear must be extremely shit. And now you come crying on the forum because you're not getting the grind spot you feel so entitled to. Typical loser mentality, git gud and kill your attacker instead.

This thread is a joke, how is this even related at all to employers being lazy? PA obviously intended for you to see your opponent's health, it's not like developers have to code functionality to hide the health bar because it's magically present in every game on every object by default.....

Are you morons even paying attention to the details?  I'm kidding of course your not, your morons.

You are trying to defend bull shit like situations where one player can lose exp and the other can't.

There is no legitimate stance against what can clearly be used to exploit.

You put yourself in that situation. If you don't want to risk dying, don't leave a safezone, and don't provoke people in such a way that they will try to get you killed by mobs (for example by being karmagriefing bottomfeeding trash).

If anything, most of the PvP population died because of the change for no penalty on PK death which resulted into losers karmagriefing everywhere, especially on exp weekends. Victors lose while losers win, it's completely backwards.

Posted

The door is -->

Do Not Slam On the Way Out...

Posted

er lol~ Hello Mr. Troll, or should we call you Mr Whine or Mr. I am stupid~

I wonder what "designed PVP games" you are talking about that did not allow you to see opponents HP bars? Lets see...

i won't list the already mentioned ones, like lol, eve, gw2.

Aion: pretty much dedicated to pvp.. you can see your opponents hp bar, not in numbers but as a colored bar.

Blade and Soul: same

uh i know one where it did not show...

Counterstrike, CS:Source and so on... there you could not see the hp... but well there are also no mobs that could kill you.

Posted

All pvp games show health. WTF are you talking about?

The health counter is a must to decide on your next move.

Git gud and stop griefing if you don't want the mean mobs to kill you.

Posted

If anything, most of the PvP population died because of the change for no penalty on PK death which resulted into losers karmagriefing everywhere, especially on exp weekends. Victors lose while losers win, it's completely backwards.

Dno, git gud and don't give a shit about being red ? No ?

Posted

Out of all the things that don't matter, this doesn't matter the most.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was gonna say Lineage 2 but it already got mentioned. Also most fps games have hidden health and many of them are certainly pvp games.

I liked the hidden healthbars in Lineage 2, it gave the pvp a different feel rather than every1 seeing a low health target and going in for the last hit.

Aion: pretty much dedicated to pvp.. you can see your opponents hp bar, not in numbers but as a colored bar.

I just got to complain about this... Aion had so much broken bullshit that it still triggers me to this day.

Like AoE spells not working properly on the Z axis so gl hitting your AoEs in flying combat.

Also "You cannot do that while you are status" thx game, I'll just run around for 3 sek untill that slow mving projectile hits me. Nevermind I have instant heals that I AM NOT ALLOWED TO USE BECAUSE I AM SOOO STATUS!

Aion was a ganking and zerg game. Nothing wrong with mass pvp but the abyss point system made the game and its pvp bad.