• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does anyone else feel like the musa is completely underpowered compared to the other classes?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I know that this pretty much whining but I have to get this out there. I am level 58 and have 170ap and 280dp which feels like it could be alot even though it probably isnt but every time I get into any serious confrontation with any awakened class and even some non-awakened class I get slaughtered in just a combo or two. I'll use skills like dragon bite, blooming, rising storm and my other ccing skills but they usually do not land any of the cc's even if the damage hits. I understand that awakening classes have extra resistances and there are resistance gems and etc but I would think that with my kutum and all my cc's that at least one would land. It just feels like until musa awakening comes out, our class is a complete joke. I can usually half health my targets in one combo or so but after that combo is over all of my hardest hitting skills and ccing skills are on cool down and the other people heal up with pots or if they're a witch/wizard they use the healing skill and all the work is for nothing. I though musa's were supposed to be fast killers but that doesn't work when our cc's don't work or land how they should and our damage isn't high enough to do significant damage on enemies with equal gear. It also feels like no matter how much DP we have, we can never survive longer than a few combos. I know we'll be completely op when our awakening comes out but at the moment, our base class feels like a joke. Does anyone else feel this way or how do you guys deal with the op classes like the sorc or the ranger among the other classes. Rant over.

Posted (edited)

At this point, it's about waiting for openings

and also end your combo with our potent back-step slash, to give yourself breathing room.

atm my combo is FBT>Blooming>RS>Blaze>DB-DC>BS

This basically gets the person KD and slowed for 10 seconds with a 50% movement debuff. This generally allows me to chase around him and see if I can get a Carver hit up or Stub arrow to whittle him/her down, depending on class. Or from there I go FBT into Gale for the last bit of burst if the class is squishy, AKA ninja/Kuno and Witch/Wiz.

Also, I know most people are running a Grapple Manos if they are using the Manos necklace at all, but I would switch to Emerald, since most of the grappling only happens after a person is CCed with either a stun or stiff. We don't stop moving either unless that happens, and if we don't stop moving, we don't get grappled as easy.

Edited by Dellboy

Posted

In its current state Musa isn't OP, but we certainly aren't weak either. I struggle a bit with rangers, but i think that is mainly due to the constant desync, Sorc seems alot weaker with awakening, zerkers are strong but beatable if you go in when their grabs are on CD and warrior is warrior. None awakened classes are easy pickings, bait out their attack, dragonbite, cc lock, dead. Your AP is a little low so maybe work on that? Your DP is fine, i have less and survive well enough. 

Best advise would be get your ap to 190 and just spend time in arena learning when you can go in, what attacks have super armour/frontblock. 

Musa is a strange class since you can play defensive or hyper aggressive, just as long as you are smart about it.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We also don't know if your 170 AP is true ap (bheg+ap off/acc off), cause if it's ap off without bheg's, you have a lot less, and would mean is not enough, not even close to tickle. On the other hand as stated, we're not OP, but weak either, we're just on a higher skill cap, higher risk/fewer reward compared to other classes. And about not surviving a single combo with 280 DP, i have troubles believing it, since i have 258 DP and people won't 100-0 me (i'll usually be able to escape, low HP, or whatever, but will never get me from 100-0 in a single lock), get out, reposition, rethink your strategy (heal/cc them). I'm saying this because i've fought awakened rangers and sorcs both at 195 AP (I even have videos). We just need equal/better gear than them atm, and play A LOT more carefully, since we don't have offensive super armor/guards yet.

Edited by SinisterSaints
1 person likes this

Posted

You ap is kind of low. Also it's pretty hard to fight awakened classes head on. You really need to watch for openings and abuse chase. Make them chase after you (lol) and bait ccs while super armor. 

198/249

General tips: always get behind target, back attack op and most awakening skills have front block.

Warrior: watch for grave digger(360 aoe) time your attack for when they're closest to the ground after animatio. If you are hit by it just kite until debuffs fall off. Never fight with as/ms debuffs.

Zerker: haven't had too much xp with them yet. But when they stomp and debuffs. Run. Fighting or trying to go offensive while debuffs leaves you too open to grab chain. You can try for stunlock but most zerker have higher evasion. if you get grabbed don't try to dragon bite when you get up. Use back chase into blooming. You can set up combos from there. 

Sorc: annoying but easier than war/zerker. Bow stiffs are super important here. Know that spin 2 win is frontal block and if you try to block it they go through you so they will kd you from behind. If you see them charging their scythe attack wait for them to use it before going in. If you have a bleed on them when they stealth you can actually see the bleed effect and aoe on top of it. Remember your ABCs. Always, be, chasing. They can't kd you while you chase. Same as zero don't dbite out of kd because they can just spam dark flame front block and you will not get any ccs through. 

No xp vs ranger. I suck ass. Nerf this class.

Tam: kite to get heilang out of the -----ing way. He always blocks bow shots. You may have a hard time ccing tamer through void travel and bow/ cyclone slash is your best option. Use stiff necklace and if you see them summon for Q cancel just run away from it. Never fight near/ on it. Pull them and pet apart. I could only really get 2 attacks in before heilang does knock back move. So try dbite+dclaw, chase back to dodge dog and then forward thrust to blooming. If you get kickback from dog do not try to keep dpsing. You will get grab comboed by anyone worth their salt.

Musa: lol nobody plays musa.

Maewha: they have way better dueling. Don't chase into decap or try to cc/ DPs during red moon. They have frontal block and super armor. We don't have the grab or damage to break it usually. Aim for bow into combo, rising Storm or cyclone slash if they try to open on you. Stiff neck is love.

Witch/wiz: should be easy targets. Don't choke on full combo since if they get teleport off its an Iframe+ they will just lighthouse. Lightning ultimate has front block and they can move it so just stand there and look press until it's done. Chase into blooming( no blind thrust) is very strong since it will drain their mp, forcing defensive play, potting up, or mana drain( meaning not offensive spell casts) 

Kuno/Ninja: they have so many tools to open with its crazy. Their full combo usually doesn't kill if you have enough dp. Watch for log block. If they use this kite far away as it will put them behind you for a grab into combo. They can be hard to hit but bow is very good opener or cycling slash. Kind of a skill matchup since we are both kiting style burst. If they are stealth you can still damage them/ bleed to find them. Same as sorc. They are very cool down based so watch for beheading the dead(aoe stun), black Moon light( close range aoe stiff that drops stars), spin blade ( the 3 prong looking attack). Try to fight when they have some spells down. 

Valk: who? Lol. Jk. Still tough class because they just sit in block and can cc you when you try to open. Watch for their sharp light( 2 short jabs that stiff) this will get you grab comboed. No good openers for valk as you cannot cc them at all when they have block, even from behind. 

Node wars/ open PvP: I enjoy scouting, finding flags, killing stragglers. Best hopes is to hit the back line (rangers/wiz) with as many aoes as you can. I'm sometimes the opener for the fronline. If I hit a rising Storm on the back line we can push in and wipe them. 

For field just aim for the squishiest class. Hit each person a few times. See how takes the most damage. Then make their life hell and sit on them. You can draw aggro forcing their Frontline to you allowing your back line/Frontline to push up. 

These are all my personal tips and experiences. If you don't agree or have better tips feel free to give me advise too! 

1 hidden combo: you can cancel rising Storm with musa spirit( shift+e?) It will make it do no damage if you cancel too soon but if done right you can cancel the ending animation letting you regain control and move sooner.

2 people like this

Posted

You ap is kind of low. Also it's pretty hard to fight awakened classes head on. You really need to watch for openings and abuse chase. Make them chase after you (lol) and bait ccs while super armor. 

198/249

General tips: always get behind target, back attack op and most awakening skills have front block.

Warrior: watch for grave digger(360 aoe) time your attack for when they're closest to the ground after animatio. If you are hit by it just kite until debuffs fall off. Never fight with as/ms debuffs.

Zerker: haven't had too much xp with them yet. But when they stomp and debuffs. Run. Fighting or trying to go offensive while debuffs leaves you too open to grab chain. You can try for stunlock but most zerker have higher evasion. if you get grabbed don't try to dragon bite when you get up. Use back chase into blooming. You can set up combos from there. 

Sorc: annoying but easier than war/zerker. Bow stiffs are super important here. Know that spin 2 win is frontal block and if you try to block it they go through you so they will kd you from behind. If you see them charging their scythe attack wait for them to use it before going in. If you have a bleed on them when they stealth you can actually see the bleed effect and aoe on top of it. Remember your ABCs. Always, be, chasing. They can't kd you while you chase. Same as zero don't dbite out of kd because they can just spam dark flame front block and you will not get any ccs through. 

No xp vs ranger. I suck ass. Nerf this class.

Tam: kite to get heilang out of the -----ing way. He always blocks bow shots. You may have a hard time ccing tamer through void travel and bow/ cyclone slash is your best option. Use stiff necklace and if you see them summon for Q cancel just run away from it. Never fight near/ on it. Pull them and pet apart. I could only really get 2 attacks in before heilang does knock back move. So try dbite+dclaw, chase back to dodge dog and then forward thrust to blooming. If you get kickback from dog do not try to keep dpsing. You will get grab comboed by anyone worth their salt.

Musa: lol nobody plays musa.

Maewha: they have way better dueling. Don't chase into decap or try to cc/ DPs during red moon. They have frontal block and super armor. We don't have the grab or damage to break it usually. Aim for bow into combo, rising Storm or cyclone slash if they try to open on you. Stiff neck is love.

Witch/wiz: should be easy targets. Don't choke on full combo since if they get teleport off its an Iframe+ they will just lighthouse. Lightning ultimate has front block and they can move it so just stand there and look press until it's done. Chase into blooming( no blind thrust) is very strong since it will drain their mp, forcing defensive play, potting up, or mana drain( meaning not offensive spell casts) 

Kuno/Ninja: they have so many tools to open with its crazy. Their full combo usually doesn't kill if you have enough dp. Watch for log block. If they use this kite far away as it will put them behind you for a grab into combo. They can be hard to hit but bow is very good opener or cycling slash. Kind of a skill matchup since we are both kiting style burst. If they are stealth you can still damage them/ bleed to find them. Same as sorc. They are very cool down based so watch for beheading the dead(aoe stun), black Moon light( close range aoe stiff that drops stars), spin blade ( the 3 prong looking attack). Try to fight when they have some spells down. 

Valk: who? Lol. Jk. Still tough class because they just sit in block and can cc you when you try to open. Watch for their sharp light( 2 short jabs that stiff) this will get you grab comboed. No good openers for valk as you cannot cc them at all when they have block, even from behind. 

Node wars/ open PvP: I enjoy scouting, finding flags, killing stragglers. Best hopes is to hit the back line (rangers/wiz) with as many aoes as you can. I'm sometimes the opener for the fronline. If I hit a rising Storm on the back line we can push in and wipe them. 

For field just aim for the squishiest class. Hit each person a few times. See how takes the most damage. Then make their life hell and sit on them. You can draw aggro forcing their Frontline to you allowing your back line/Frontline to push up. 

These are all my personal tips and experiences. If you don't agree or have better tips feel free to give me advise too! 

1 hidden combo: you can cancel rising Storm with musa spirit( shift+e?) It will make it do no damage if you cancel too soon but if done right you can cancel the ending animation letting you regain control and move sooner.

When Vs. other Musa's, bait out Rising Storm or Blooming. Easily punishable when you miss those two skills, as Im sure we all know lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Void Travel is dead for months!

Posted

Void Travel is dead for months!

This is just blatantly wrong, Tamers void travel all over the damn place whenever I PvP them. 

And OP, Musa isn't underpowered. Our toolkit is just shitty compared to the other classes, and we're gimped when fighting awakened classes without our own so it makes the issue more pronounced. Our awakening fixes most of the problems we have right now, but we still don't get a grab. Sorcerer and Musa/Maewah, the only classes that don't get a -----ing grab. Because logic. 

Posted

This is just blatantly wrong, Tamers void travel all over the damn place whenever I PvP them. 

And OP, Musa isn't underpowered. Our toolkit is just shitty compared to the other classes, and we're gimped when fighting awakened classes without our own so it makes the issue more pronounced. Our awakening fixes most of the problems we have right now, but we still don't get a grab. Sorcerer and Musa/Maewah, the only classes that don't get a -----ing grab. Because logic. 

wiz and witch as well D:

Posted

wiz and witch as well D:

Wizard awakening has a grab.

Posted

wiz and witch as well D:

Wizard awakening has a grab.

This, not sure if Witches get one to but I know Wizards do. 

Posted (edited)

This, not sure if Witches get one to but I know Wizards do. 

I remember one gets grab and the other gets block.

Edited by Nerevarine

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0