• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

"It's dangerous to go alone" - Game Pass Gifting Option

236 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings adventurers,

Today we have some news to share, specifically about the gifting option of the game itself. Starting today, you will be able to buy a Starter's Package (9.99€) from your own account and gift it to a friend. The only restriction will be that you will need to own the game yourself and have purchased it before the before the 1st of January 2017. If you meet these requirements then you will you be able to purchase a maximum of 10 "Gift Package" per month.

• Once the purchase is complete, you will receive a gift code to give to your friend. (The code can also be found on your Account page)
  • All your friend has to do is create a BDO account and then redeem your code.
  • If your friend manages to level up to 30 you will have the option to pick a special reward, either; a unique pet, the "Polar bear" or 1000 Pearls, as well as a special title "Topliner" to wear in game. They will be available to redeem from your Account page

mK8SmAN.png

No more excuses from your friends for not joining you in game anymore!

Additional Info Regarding the Polar Bear Pet

57B3FDF0020E1C0001

• Polar Bear Tier 1 Auto-fishing time reduced Weight Limit Increase +20LT
  • Polar Bear Tier 2 Auto-fishing time reduced Weight Limit Increase +20LT
  • Polar Bear Tier 3 Auto-fishing time reduced Weight Limit Increase +30LT
  • Polar Bear Tier 3 Auto-fishing time reduced Weight Limit Increase +40LT
  • Polar Bear Tier 3 Auto-fishing time reduced Weight Limit Increase +40LT
  • Polar Bear Tier 4 Auto-fishing time reduced Weight Limit Increase +50LT
  • Polar Bear Tier 4 Auto-fishing time reduced Weight Limit Increase +50LT

Update

We have seen the comments and requests that players want to apply the Gift Pass on their existing Guest Accounts, we will start working on this now and hope to have it implemented by Tuesday of next week!

24/10: We are happy to announce the change has been implemented, players who previously used a guest pass can now properly redeem the Game Pass Code offered by their friends. :)

New Update 25/10: There seem to be an issue regarding payment made through PaySafe Card. We'll keep you updated regarding the situation, in the meantime, if you can, please do not use PaySafe Card as a payment method.

The PaySafe Card issue has now been fixed and everything should work as intended, if you still experience problems please reach out to our support.

Update: At this point of time the limit is 10 "Gift Packages" per account. The amount is not resetting each month!

Update: January 10th - The only restriction will be that you will need to own the game yourself and have purchased it before the before the 1st of January 2017.

23 people like this

Posted (edited)

First posters don't have friends

Edited by Jojo
29 people like this

Posted (edited)

Down, Jojo, Down.

The one friend I got to play this is already sick of he grind and RNG after only 2 weeks.

Edited by PandoraRose
9 people like this

Posted

Disappointed. I want free red nose armour for it!

7 people like this

Posted

ok

Posted

I don't have friends, I play to BDO O.o

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@CM_Tytyes What is Kakao's stand on people buying multiple accounts for themselves?

Edited by ruocaled
7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hmmm.. Im assuming we dont get to pick between the Polar Bear and Pearls?

Edited by KFC

Posted

Does anyone wanna be my friend? :3

Posted

The german translation says you can select between the two options.

Posted

buy accounts for yourself then gift yourself multiple costumes to sell on the marketplace after you reached the cap...

34bdbaf509c8028ad26dd0a88bfe92f6.png

1 person likes this

Posted

1000 pearls is 10 euro's anyway. This is just a roundabout way to get more players into the game.

7 people like this

Posted

Just gonna get like 3 or 4 of these rq........

pay no attention to rich fat kids like me  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@CM_Tytyes What is Kakao's stand on people buying multiple accounts for themselves?

They have removed the ability to run two clients at once but from what I recall, their stance on playing multiple accounts is that that is fine, so long as your STDIN is not controlling both accounts at the same time(put in other terms, multiboxing).

That is the most up to date information I have on the topic.

2 people like this

Posted

Greetings adventurers,

Today we have some news to share, specifically about the gifting option of the game itself. Starting today, you will be able to buy a Starter's Package (9.99€) from your own account and gift it to a friend. The only restriction will be that you will need to own the game yourself and have purchased it before the 1st of October 2016. If you meet these requirements then you will you be able to purchase a maximum of 10 "Gift Package" per month.

• Once the purchase is complete, you will receive a gift code to give to your friend. (The code can also be found on your Account page)
  • If your friend manages to level up to 30 you will receive a special reward, either; a unique pet, the "Polar bear" or 1000 Pearls, as well as a special title "Topliner" to wear in game. They will be available to redeem from your Account page

mK8SmAN.png

Theres a slight issue... my erm.. friend cant put the whole code in. The gift code given was 26 numbers/letters long.. When putting the code in the last 6 are cut off

Posted

Off course you can pick, it's one or the other. Up to you. :) 

So far we're fine with players having multiple accounts, only thing forbidden is the multiboxing. 

Theres a slight issue... my erm.. friend cant put the whole code in. The gift code given was 26 numbers/letters long.. When putting the code in the last 6 are cut off

Been small update on that regard: New link to use the code is : https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/ActivatePassCode.html

2 people like this

Posted

Off course you can pick, it's one or the other. Up to you. :) 

So far we're fine with players having multiple accounts, only thing forbidden is the multiboxing. 

Been small update on that regard: New link to use the code is : https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/ActivatePassCode.html

Awesome thanks :)
Last thing.. It appears that accounts that have used a 7 day guest past cannot use this code..

Posted (edited)

Awesome thanks :)
Last thing.. It appears that accounts that have used a 7 day guest past cannot use this code..

If they used their email for the 7 day guest pass, it may have registered them a permanent account under that email, which is why this code is failing to create them a new account under that email, as one already exists.

I've never used a 7 day pass myself, I would personally try logging into the 7 day account and changing that email to something else, then using my main email on the new account.

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but something I'd attempt :)

That would totally be a good thing to fix on the db site though @kakao ;)

Edited by War

Posted

Do we get a Polar Bear / 1k Pearls for every gifted account that reaches level 30, or only once?

Posted

Everyone of them. The Polar Bear isn't tradable but you will be able to exchange them to get higher tier. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Everyone of them. The Polar Bear isn't tradable but you will be able to exchange them to get higher tier. :) 

what is the special skills of the polar bear pet? Also, do you have photos of what t4 polar bear looks like? Ty for your time :)

lastly, when will we be getting 5th pet slot like Korea and Russia?

Edited by Toxic

Posted (edited)

Also, do you have photos of what t4 polar bear looks like? Ty for your time :)

DVXa660F_iaywfZOvUUIXGzk7nkt1Vcu8PBk13uA

Edited by Stellary

Posted

No stand needed, $9.99 will be received.

2 people like this

Posted

what is the special skills of the polar bear pet? Also, do you have photos of what t4 polar bear looks like? Ty for your time :)

The Polar Bear gives a "Weight Limit" bonus. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

if anyone feel like gifting me pack i'll be happy xD

Posted (edited)

Greetings adventurers,

Today we have some news to share, specifically about the gifting option of the game itself. Starting today, you will be able to buy a Starter's Package (9.99€) from your own account and gift it to a friend. The only restriction will be that you will need to own the game yourself and have purchased it before the 1st of October 2016. If you meet these requirements then you will you be able to purchase a maximum of 10 "Gift Package" per month.

• If your friend manages to level up to 30 you will have the option to pick a special reward, either; a unique pet, the "Polar bear" or 1000 Pearls, as well as a special title "Topliner" to wear in game. They will be available to redeem from your Account page

mK8SmAN.png

Any news on the desync issues? Its been more than a week.

See: 
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/116114-urgent-desync-lag-rubber-banding-fps-drops/

Edited by Death_Grips