• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] Shovels & Bottles Temporarily Disabled

189 posts in this topic

Posted

When is this going to be re-enabled? I just started my elephant quest and GOOD JOB. You need bottled water. -_____-

Posted

People already made billions of silver off of this exploit, why do you think there is an account on player auctions with 400 / 400 sharps and hards.  Guy is trying to dump his account for $$ because he know he cheated doing this and wants to bail while he still can.  They need to take action against the players.  The average player should be outraged over this.  You can't do your quests, gather your water or craft because a select few players decided to cheat AGAIN.  There have been many instances of this happening since the game has released, much of it being done by the SAME people I know of but they keep doing it because there is ZERO consequence therefore no deterent.  They disable one exploit and they move onto another GMs need to purge these types of players and you all need to push for this to happen.  

1 person likes this

Posted

4mil silver to the GMs if they get them re-enabled before i have to spend 5mil to rebuy access to the villa to finish my elephant quest. :D

Posted

Doubt they will ban the cheaters or remove their silver/

When PyxBot was around some were making tons of money and got away with it if they stopped in the early days.

Posted

Doubt they will ban the cheaters or remove their silver/

When PyxBot was around some were making tons of money and got away with it if they stopped in the early days.

As someone who personally helped take out the Pyx program, Daum NA was quite incompetent in dealing with cheaters.
DaumKR and DaumEU on the other hand were very swift once word was directly delivered to them.

Do as I do and contact those offices specifically. 

Posted

Just want them to be competent for once, restore faith in your game because it's at an all time low here, I will cease to spend money on the game until I see this rectified. If the money stops they will actually do something cuz that all they care about, players wallets speak louder than any forum post

Posted

I don't feel like reading this thread of Q_Q to see if its been said already but any interaction with the shovel has been disabled including Storing / Selling / Deleting so im stuck with 10 Thousand shovels in my inventory which makes it hard to do node wars or any kind of grinding cause I can't carry much with that burden .

I really hope some kind of compensation will be awarded to compensate for this .

Just want them to be competent for once, restore faith in your game because it's at an all time low here, I will cease to spend money on the game until I see this rectified. If the money stops they will actually do something cuz that all they care about, players wallets speak louder than any forum post

Its like this in most korean or asian mmo that comes to the west . Its easy to ask for fixes but all the raw data they received comes in a language not everyone at Kakao (west) can understand so not everyone can simply sort through that data and see what they actualy get. Im sure someone else can explain this better than me because my english isnt really good but these kinds of issue tends to happen in relocalized mmo's . The only thing I can truely understand people to complain about is things that kakao (west) have full control over such as (Pearl shop , business model and localization stuff such as changing dificulty lvl and economy management decision) other than that I am expecting the game to have its fair share of bugs but at least they do come with solution and in this case they said they noticed it and would hand out a replacement and they did answer to our complain rather quickly.

Posted

What was the exploit anyways?  This is the first time I heard of this and I never saw a large amount of shards on the MP.  

Posted

People already made billions of silver off of this exploit, why do you think there is an account on player auctions with 400 / 400 sharps and hards.  Guy is trying to dump his account for $$ because he know he cheated doing this and wants to bail while he still can.  They need to take action against the players.  The average player should be outraged over this.  You can't do your quests, gather your water or craft because a select few players decided to cheat AGAIN.  There have been many instances of this happening since the game has released, much of it being done by the SAME people I know of but they keep doing it because there is ZERO consequence therefore no deterent.  They disable one exploit and they move onto another GMs need to purge these types of players and you all need to push for this to happen.  

What do you mean by exploit ? getting shards from digging has been this way since the release of valencia well that's if what I think you meant by exploit .

Posted

Wow, you just have a talent for finding new ways to screw up, don't you? :D

In all seriousness though, this game is almost as bad as firefall when it comes to the developers technical 'expertise'... But hey, whatever, I never wanted the game I payed money for to work properly in the first place. ----- you.... Just... -----....

Posted

Wow, you just have a talent for finding new ways to screw up, don't you? :D

In all seriousness though, this game is almost as bad as firefall when it comes to the developers technical 'expertise'... But hey, whatever, I never wanted the game I payed money for to work properly in the first place. ----- you.... Just... -----....

cute avatar ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

cute avatar ^_^

Thanks <3

1 person likes this

Posted

I enjoy the game, but why are we nearing next server down and still no hotfix for this problem. Yes you get bugs and sometimes they can be exploited, but surely a hotfix should be ready in 24hrs of discovery, not a week later and still no fix for the problem. Also it never ends to amaze me that in these discussions, there are never any feedback from CM's who as community managers I would of thought would be employed to do just that. Maybe they should look at how active CM's are in other similar games I have played over the years, this includes weekly video blogs etc on what is coming and what is happening on the servers. Bad communication is what will kill this game for the western world I think, and I can only assume bad management leads to this and filters down as the normal ethos of the company. I love the game, but no game is worth constant frustration coming from no communication. First time ever that I have to wait until after a patch is applied before I get to see the patch notes :(

3 people like this

Posted

I enjoy the game, but why are we nearing next server down and still no hotfix for this problem. Yes you get bugs and sometimes they can be exploited, but surely a hotfix should be ready in 24hrs of discovery, not a week later and still no fix for the problem. Also it never ends to amaze me that in these discussions, there are never any feedback from CM's who as community managers I would of thought would be employed to do just that. Maybe they should look at how active CM's are in other similar games I have played over the years, this includes weekly video blogs etc on what is coming and what is happening on the servers. Bad communication is what will kill this game for the western world I think, and I can only assume bad management leads to this and filters down as the normal ethos of the company. I love the game, but no game is worth constant frustration coming from no communication. First time ever that I have to wait until after a patch is applied before I get to see the patch notes :(

^Seconded 100% @CM_Aethon

Posted (edited)

None of you should be worried about receiving compensation when billions of silver was made by players using the exploit. It's against Terms of Use. These players need to have their accounts PERMA BANNED.

Edited by Cascaden
1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Aethon can you please keep us updated? cant finish my elephant quest >.<

Posted

@CM_Aethon ETA?  There is a baby elephant in serious need of water!  This is animal abuse!

Posted

It's been 3 days already...Need Empty Bottles!

Posted (edited)

There was a way to use shovels so that it would only consume energy IF and ONLY IF the item you received was a sharp or hard.  Players bypassed a major game mechanic in order to gain a massive advantage and some made nearly a billion silver a week afk digging.  This is why people are demanding these players be banned or at least stripped, then they can decide if they want to continue or not. This game doesn't have raids or what you would consider end game PVE.  The end game in BDO is PVP and gear progression and it's all dependant on fair play.  Otherwise what's the point in playing with a bunch of cheaters 

Edited by Brewski
3 people like this

Posted

There was a way to use shovels so that it would only consume energy IF and ONLY IF the item you received was a sharp or hard.  Players bypassed a major game mechanic in order to gain a massive advantage and some made nearly a billion silver a week afk digging.  This is why people are demanding these players be banned or at least stripped, then they can decide if they want to continue or not. This game doesn't have raids or what you would consider end game PVE.  The end game in BDO is PVP and gear progression and it's all dependant on fair play.  Otherwise what's the point in playing with a bunch of cheaters

Proof?

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

In the process of reviewing game functionality for our most recent patch our team discovered a bug with the current implementation of the ‘Shovel’ item. As a result of this we’ll be temporarily blocking the use of the item from the game while our Developers work to apply a remedy.

We understand this may directly impair the ability to complete some quests and other aspects of the game requiring the use of this item. At this time we ask for your patience while a fix is developed and applied.

Further information will be delivered through this post regarding our best estimated time for restoration of the ‘Shovel’ functionality. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for your understanding.

- BDO Team

Update

Unfortunately at this time we are also going to need to block the use of Empty Bottles.

We understand this will be inconvenient for those who wish to adventure in the Valencian Desert as these are the two most common ways to gain Purified Water.  While we work on fixing this matter you will still be able to purchase Purified Water from the Auction House and/or use Thinning to convert Cactus Sap into Purified Water. Alternatively, there are two nodes you can invest in to have your workers gather Bags of Muddy Water; Kunid’s Vacation Spot & Leical Falls.  If you have not had a chance to visit these nodes before we have provided a screenshot below to help you find them.

Node Locations

Hidden Content

Again we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We will make an update announcement as soon as we have updated information to share for fixing the above mentioned issues.

-The BDO Team

Will you be banning the people who exploited this @CM_Aethon???

Posted

This just makes it so much easier for players to quit playing Black Desert Online. If there's no banwave within a week, me and my friends are gone.

Posted

Proof?

Proof? are you serious? Ummm why you do think they disabled the shovels, coupled with the fact that I have been in certain discords where people talked about how to do it lol.. I know people who have videos of people using the exploit too, im sure they will go public soon enough.  there is a way to tell who was doing it by the digging animations.

Posted

See master 10 ghetering on jordine ahahahahah o my god 

Posted

So, are they really making effort for this game to work or just here to take money and go f*** you customer all we need is not you just your money.

No hot fix for breaking game issue, no test server, ... What the end game look like if all you need is CS.

The big question is, WHEN are you going to reactivate there features ? Giving inforations not your big point to, they didn't put a message in the game that was worth it.