• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] Shovels & Bottles Temporarily Disabled

189 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear Kakao,
First, you handle the Red Nose Affair so nicely, give us that month of great login gifts and now this?
I was just getting over the energy regen bug fix :(
Dang. Please react as soon as possible with an informative and comprehensive statement regarding this issue containing:
a) Your action plan,
b) An estimate of the damage done by this to the economy.
Cheers

A. 

Posted (edited)

If you are going to disable the 2 primary sources of combating the desert debuffs, you should disable getting the debuffs until you have fixed the issue. Stating that you can still get them from workers is not a proper solution to those who have been playing this game fairly.

Edited by Semistasis

Posted

Just ignore this fisher guy. People have spent pages explaining to him the flaw in his "logic" and he will only see what he wants. His is the type of personality who only sees something as cheating if you got caught, and anyone who didn't exploit to get ahead as lazy or stupid. The kind of guy who would blame a spouse or co-workers for placing their trust in him when he exploits and cheats them, the same way he is blaming DAUMs coding for this situation and removing the burden of responsibility from the cheaters.

I may be reading a bit too deeply into this but from the posts he has proved so far; this guys line of reasoning fits well into the archetype of a sociopath. 

Sociopath....said the one no lifing a game.

PA/kakao builds a bridge and wait until  a car passes to see if it holds, if it breaks they stop traffic for days and open it up again for the next car that pass to see if it holds. Your RL examples fit perfectly to what they do to their customers

Posted

i expect a 3rd red nose box because of this

Kappa.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If someone does the math I bet you would find you could almost dig forever anyway without exploit doing the same macros etc.  It used to take me over an hour and a half to do one character with maxed out gathering from worker pots and food.  When I was using all of my characters to dig out there I could literally spend days at a time just digging.

i did the math, check earlier page.

if you are talking time of gathering vs. energy use then just rofl nooooo...... 5s per energy. you gain 1 energy per 3min, meaning every 36 energy used you will gain 1.... even assuming that you could extend this due to gathering lvl so you only used energy 50% of the time, your still using 18 energy everytime you gain 1.....

even if you had 500energy (which i have been let to believe is the MAX you can gain, having all knowledge in the game) it would take you under 1,5h to empty assuming you are in the master lvl of gathering...... it is sooo far from the having "unlimited energy" that its not even funny.

ikr lol

Also lol this community...."a player got richer than me because he knew something i didnt, BAN him"

i see you are still saying stupid things.. what about you actually keep answering the conversation where i completely shutdown your silly attempt to say " ow but i can do it therefore it is ok, so don't ban me just because i am a cheating"

seriously GTFO and STFU when you are so freaking stupid you can't even come with a decent argument for why it is ok to cheat like this, but still talk this kind of bullshit... man the idiocy on this forum is the worst i've EVER seen on any forum -.-

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

The BILLIONS made off of this EXPLOIT is a huge concern. But more importantly, the two biggest and STUNNING factors are that 1) The game is so friggin broken that this exploit was even allowed to happen which absolutely screwed every player who plays fairly and by the rules and 2) that we all know no one will get banned, there will be no doling out of punishments because as the past has proven, the devs do NOTHING about exploiting, hacking, and cheating which is a clear VIOLATION of the terms every player signed. I can get over the billions made by cheating players. And by now we all know WHO cheated because it has been blasted over the server and channel chat. What I can not get over is people not being punished for what they have done while the REST of us get literally screwed seven ways from sunday because of sheer laziness and incompetence. The devs choose to respond to naming and shaming (which doesn't work when you report it anyway). That is your answer, THAT is the type of crap they "care" about.

Let's address recent issues: 1) major desync and lag issues. 2) rigged rednose armor. 3) proven boss exploitation with no punishments. 4) proven shovel exploitation with no punishments. 5) maintenance FOR the maintenance patches.....shall I go on? And how has any of this been addressed? It hasn't. You think they care about the players? They care about the cash shop. The day they decide to do anything about any of these issues is the day I get any piece of actually USEFUL boss armor.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers,

In the process of reviewing game functionality for our most recent patch our team discovered a bug with the current implementation of the ‘Shovel’ item. As a result of this we’ll be temporarily blocking the use of the item from the game while our Developers work to apply a remedy.

We understand this may directly impair the ability to complete some quests and other aspects of the game requiring the use of this item. At this time we ask for your patience while a fix is developed and applied.

Further information will be delivered through this post regarding our best estimated time for restoration of the ‘Shovel’ functionality. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for your understanding.

- BDO Team

Update

Unfortunately at this time we are also going to need to block the use of Empty Bottles.

We understand this will be inconvenient for those who wish to adventure in the Valencian Desert as these are the two most common ways to gain Purified Water.  While we work on fixing this matter you will still be able to purchase Purified Water from the Auction House and/or use Thinning to convert Cactus Sap into Purified Water. Alternatively, there are two nodes you can invest in to have your workers gather Bags of Muddy Water; Kunid’s Vacation Spot & Leical Falls.  If you have not had a chance to visit these nodes before we have provided a screenshot below to help you find them.

Node Locations

Hidden Content

Again we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We will make an update announcement as soon as we have updated information to share for fixing the above mentioned issues.

-The BDO Team

Maybe it's time to disable KUNO ???? because now three months trying to fix kuno ;-)
  As a player I count on compensation for your laziness and incompetence;-)
PS as the bug can bring something the players reaction is quick! as players are asking for improved KUNO ...... you have it in the ass;-)
Generally bug with a shovel I have in the ass. No damage KUNO robbed me of more money;-( Boss armor, kazarka, good spot;-(
F * k Cashkao

Edited by Jarqo

Posted

When is this getting fixed? U're a disgrace to the gaming community 

Posted

what happening??i login but on channel screen say connect from server lost up on five times

Posted

I buy Ancient Explorer's Compass and can't even do anything with my quest now !
because am stuck in quest : Grave of a King ...
RIP 5m ! 

Posted (edited)

How the hell was this not hotfixed within a day? Not only did this exploit apparently go unnoticed for months allowing certain players to potentially make billions, when they did find out, they cause inconveniences to a large amount of legit players by simply disabling these crucial items needed for either time sensitive quests or entering certain areas of the map. Giving a shitty alternative for ONE of these issues does not suffice.

The incompetence displayed is staggering. Since I started playing about 2 weeks ago i've been seeing mentions here and there of similar incidents in the past, making me wonder if I should've read up first before investing money into this game. I was going to write a support ticket to get my 5 million back if the bottles aren't enabled before then, but I think I shouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by Eppo
2 people like this

Posted

How the hell was this not hotfixed within a day? Not only did this exploit apparently go unnoticed for months allowing certain players to potentially make billions, when they did find out, they cause inconveniences to a large amount of legit players by simply disabling these crucial items needed for either time sensitive quests or entering certain areas of the map. Giving a shitty alternative for ONE of these issues does not suffice.

The incompetence displayed is staggering. Since I started playing about 2 weeks ago i've been seeing mentions here and there of similar incidents in the past, making me wonder if I should've read up first before investing money into this game. I was going to write a support ticket to get my 5 million back if the bottles aren't enabled before then, but I think I shouldn't hold my breath.

They probably realized that once word spread on this exploit, other people would join in as well. That actually happened before when people started talking about certain websites that sold hacks, explained different exploits and cheats, etc. :/

It's safer to disable it for the time being until they can find a fix for it. There's plenty to do in this game for the time being.

Posted

Just want my elephant before the access pass runs out. There are workarounds to get water but people stuck with quests cannot do anything. They should at least let autocomplete the quest part that needs collecting water. I hope they will fix it tomorrow during regular downtime...

Posted (edited)

Man, COCAO must be really thinking hard what to do / solve this exploit. Eat some leaves or whatever... but we need purified water in game.

I can imagine the extent of this exploit. 

I assume the shard droprate could be around 0.2%

Sleep time 8 hours 4114 attempts on shoveling where shard droprate is 0.2% = 82 shards

Work time 8 hours another 82 shards.

With the average cost 3.5mil we are at 36mil per hour or 576mil from pure AFK activity assuming the player sleeps 8h and work 8h ... holly shit.

Now the question is, what will KAKAO do with this and if they are able to track down the exploiters. If those exploiters are not banned non exploiting player would NEVER. EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER catch up the exploiter in gear, silver.

Edited by mate

Posted

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE POOR DEHYDRATED BABY ELEPHANT?!

Animal abuse is no laughing matter Kakao...

Posted (edited)

The damage was done but the silver is accumulated on cheaters account - they should be simply banned.

All they should do now is to write a script that can check how much showeling per day per account was done. If the accumulated weekly number greatly exceeds the amout that can be accumulated by sleeping in prenium bed with kamasilva buff - PERMA BAN.

This is the only solution that would heal this sick situation and disperse the adventage cheaters have now.

Edited by Kelai
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ikr lol

Also lol this community...."a player got richer than me because he knew something i didnt, BAN him"

Mate, bug exploiting is against the rules on most if not all games. Sure it was a mistake on kakao's part that the bug was there, but YOU exploited it. You could've reported it, but no you DECIDED to exploit it. You had a CHOICE and you decided to break the rules. Stop trying to defend your cheating, Kakao didn't tell you to exploit it. In fact they remind you to REPORT bugs, NOT to EXPLOIT them.

I'm not defending Kakao, they messed up too, but you're an idiot if you think that you did nothing wrong.

Edited by Zodiac
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They probably realized that once word spread on this exploit, other people would join in as well. That actually happened before when people started talking about certain websites that sold hacks, explained different exploits and cheats, etc. :/

It's safer to disable it for the time being until they can find a fix for it. There's plenty to do in this game for the time being.

Competent game companies usually do one of two things:

1: Hotfixe it and ban all abusers.

2: if hotfix is not able to be made within a day: statement that ANY and ALL abusers will be banned (thereby discuraging anyone else from doing it since they know that the BAN hammer will come SOOOON so no one knew will try to exploit it)

thats the intelligent and reasonable reaction to such a situation..... so ofc kakao is not doing that -.-

Kakao's reaction:

1: majorly inconvinience EVERY legit player.

2: punish legit players by removing the ability to cheat as well to catch up, while Rewarding the cheater even more by not punishing them and now insuring that no one can catch up with them

Man, COCAO must be really thinking hard what to do / solve this exploit. Eat some leaves or whatever... but we need purified water in game.

I can imagine the extent of this exploit.

did the calc earlier. if you abused it to the max and you knew the exploit from KR/RU cheaters, you would have made over 46billion silver by now... and they will likely get to keep it all and not get punished...

The damage was done but the silver is accumulated on cheaters account - they should be simply banned.

All they should do now is to write a script that can check how much showeling per day per account was done. If the accumulated weekly number greatly exceeds the amout that can be accumulated by sleeping in prenium bed with kamasilva buff - PERMA BAN.

This is the only solution that would heal this sick situation and disperse the adventage cheaters have now.

they can do an easy script which simply checks for how much shoveling was done with the massage "inventory full", if the message is repeated more then X times and Y days, autobanning should happen with no second chances (no reason to wasted time on support tickets for these cheating F*****) :)

its extremely simple to solve. but we all know kakao won't do crap about it. same as EVERY other major exploiter and cheater which is still running around with near "godlike" stats now *you KNOW who you guys are.... fck you guys if any of you read this*

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/117685-so-kakao-begins-delete-topics/

think this is worth showing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/599qfj/25_weeks_worth_of_digging/

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

3 months of unlimited shoveling, just WOW.

now anybody babble again about pay2win or time2win, that's tens of billions of profit we're talking about :)

Posted

Am I against the idea of a test server?
Nah.

But I'm aware of what goes into them.
The majority of the posts regarding transactions in this game go to show that the cost of a test server =/= the cost of the community.
Makes sense to me why they don't have one.

Now, I could be wrong or perhaps the only one feeling like this but I think that if they had test servers set up so we could avoid maybe 90% of the bugs we currently have/get with new patches, that would attract more players, both old and new. I think that people would also be more willing to spend a bit of money monthly (beside the value pack I mean) if they knew the money was going for a good cause in their opinion (which I think that they would think a test server would be) :).

I could be wrong but yeah, that's my outlook on it ^^. Ofc it's hard to predict though and I can get why Kakao would rather take the safe above the unsafe/risky.

1 person likes this

Posted

3 months of unlimited shoveling, just WOW.

now anybody babble again about pay2win or time2win, that's tens of billions of profit we're talking about :)

46bill+.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its fine, keep claiming the ban hammer on some1 for some1 else's mistakes(too many btw)

Posted (edited)

Its fine, keep claiming the ban hammer on some1 for some1 else's mistakes(too many btw)

trying to claim that YOUR actions is ok by default because you had the ability and CHOICE to do something and you CHOOSE to do something which was against the agreement YOU agreed too and which did Major damage to the community and the enjoyment of thousinds of other people, which you choose not to care about at all...... just lolz..

seriously communities are better of if people like you would just go taste testing cyanide -_-

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

trying to claim that YOUR actions is ok by default because you had the ability and CHOICE to do something and you CHOOSE to do something which was against the agreement YOU agreed too and which did Major damage to the community and the enjoyment of thousinds of other people, which you choose not to care about at all...... just lolz..

seriously you're so stupid you'd be better off eating cyanide -_-

What is this Major dmg u keep pulling lol?How does some1 having more money than u hurts your brain this much?

Posted

Update:

In short: Yes, we will be taking actions against players that abused this exploit.

Best regards,
GM Dew

8 people like this